Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Odds that a player will start in the NFL by what round he was drafted

Quote:
LENGTH TO IMPACT

The Huddle Reports Length To Impact (LTI) Chart shows when a player entering the NFL should be expected to be a full time starter or major contributor as it relates to his draft position. The percentages are based on a study of draft picks over a ten year period and published by Charley Casserly of NFL Network.
1st Round Picks - Should Start by end of first year and has a 75% chance of ever become a NFL starter.
2nd Round Picks - Should Start second season and has a 50% chance of ever become a NFL starter.
3rd Round Picks - Should Start third season and has a 30% chance of ever become a NFL starter
4th - 5th Round Picks - Should Start third season and has a 25% chance of ever become a NFL starter
6th - 7th Round Picks - Should Start third season and has a 9% chance of ever become a NFL starter
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/...ools/LTI.shtml

pretty interesting info I think...I was looking for this info in the draft grade thread, I figured most stopped following that thread it got trashed ha, so here it is for anyone else that might be interested.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Odds that a player will start in the NFL by what round he was drafted

Dude u were trying to downplay the importance of late round drafting. Nobody is arguing that rounds 4-7 are more important than 1-3.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Odds that a player will start in the NFL by what round he was drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/...ools/LTI.shtml

pretty interesting info I think...I was looking for this info in the draft grade thread, I figured most stopped following that thread it got trashed ha, so here it is for anyone else that might be interested.
You said the late rounds were not important. You act like we aren't in the conversation with you, like we are talking about something we overheard you said. Your point was each round is more imrpotant than the following? Are you mentally retarded? You'd have to be to post what you are arguing you said ROUND 1 IS BETTER THAN ROUND 2. ROUND 2 IS BETTER THAN ROUND 3. That's something my 5 yr old figured out.

You're hilarious.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bullshit

Show me where I said they weren't important
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You said the late rounds were not important. You act like we aren't in the conversation with you, like we are talking about something we overheard you said. Your point was each round is more imrpotant than the following? Are you mentally retarded? You'd have to be to post what you are arguing you said ROUND 1 IS BETTER THAN ROUND 2. ROUND 2 IS BETTER THAN ROUND 3. That's something my 5 yr old figured out.

You're hilarious.
here you go sport:
Quote:
after 3rd round is pretty much "meh" terratory for me

that starts to become players that won't even make team rosters

90% of a draft grade should come from rounds 1-3 IMO

like 60% just the first round...that is where your draft is really decided

read that to your fckin 5 year old, maybe he can explain it to you...
Old 04-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
Dude u were trying to downplay the importance of late round drafting. Nobody is arguing that rounds 4-7 are more important than 1-3.
isn't that the same thing?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
here you go sport:

read that to your fckin 5 year old, maybe he can explain it to you...
Don't be an ass. Basically, you are rephrasing what you say over and over, so you can keep the thought in your mind that you are winning an argument. WIth people who are laughing at you. You said something silly, you got called for it, be a man and admit it. Or just keep picking words in random posts and rephrasing and pretending you were right.

Either or. I find it funny you decided only the 1st 3 rounds matter because this year you like your early picks only.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Don't be an ass. Basically, you are rephrasing what you say over and over, so you can keep the thought in your mind that you are winning an argument. WIth people who are laughing at you. You said something silly, you got called for it, be a man and admit it. Or just keep picking words in random posts and rephrasing and pretending you were right.

Either or. I find it funny you decided only the 1st 3 rounds matter because this year you like your early picks only.

Yup, he ALWAYS does that crap.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:

Again, I said they only really matter in terms of grading...actually I gave them about 10% credit grade value if you read above.

If I have to keep repeating that it us because you don't get it.

Tell me niko, what % of a draft grade do you think should focus on day 3?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yup, he ALWAYS does that crap.
Feel free to talk about my anus at any time...I'm sure there is an opinion somewhere in here already.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I got off of here like 5 hours ago and you're still at it?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #13
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

still at it?

I've been "at it" in here since this forum opened...where have you been?

good chance I'll be "at it" tomorrow as well...and the next day

and everyone will care about my posts, a lot...(but mostly GoBB)

(yes that is Skip)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Should be something like

1st rd - 40%
2nd rd - 20%
3rd rd - 15%
4-7 - 25%

With good scouting you should find at least one starter from those day 3 picks. And you should have potential contributors on special teams or at positions with multiple starters; I. E. - DE, OLB, CB, WR.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I give it to skip he is in great shape. And unless he was telling the truth he says he runs 8 miles a day.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: