Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers are turning against Mike Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
And by the way,

what the hell is "eye-on-basketball-blogs" ?

I've never even HEARD of that source until now.

Wow.....you really don't know much about sources do you???
CBS sports IS Eye-on-basketball.......you have heard of CBS haven't you..........you know, they're a national television network

This article was very light compared to the many sources that said the team was turning on Brown......Ramona Shelburne being one.....but maybe you never heard of her either

John Ireland......but maybe you never heard of him either

Wow the extent of your puckering up to the incompetent has no limit.......and no reality balancing system does it. Next you'll tell me that Fish and Blake are better than....at least 1 other PG combo in the NBA

Wake up bro......wake up!!!!!!!! Wake the FK up

Edit: Don't make me have to come back on here and explain what ESPN is........lol.

Last edited by DKLaker : 03-09-2012 at 12:21 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Ramona on her radio interview mentioned the lakers love Brown's Defense and love brown, are just concerned about the offense.

Ok....you know who Ramona is.......but you still ignore the obvious.
Brown is a very nice person.....I like him as a person.
I absolutely love D-Fish as a person.
I would be far more happy right now if Fish was the head coach and would never play another game.....never ever........and Brown could be his assistant

The players know Brown has no freaking clue as to what he is doing.....sure they like him.....but don't want him as their coach. At this point I think every single player has complaints about him. It's obvious that he's the wrong guy...........Jimmy Buss hire.....go figure

Sure the Lakers need help at the 1 and 3......but playing DFish the last 6 minutes of the game

Q: What do you do if you have a team that isn't shooting worth a crap?

A: You work the ball inside and if you shoot outside you have at least 3 guys crashing the boards to get 2nd chance opportunities.

Q: Who would be more effective to have in the game when Kobe is in Shooting Mode......Pau or McRoberts?

A: Give me the rebounder, McRoberts........Pau doesn't have a crowbar to pry the ball outta Kobe's hands, so you might as well rest him. McRob wants nothing more than to go get the ball.

A coach has to know how to put the right players in at the right times, use them to the best of their abilities. You also can't be afraid to dictate and give orders to your best player. Brown fails at these and much more.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
The issues on this team is not mike brown...

I agree to an extent. It's more of Kobe, not just the team. Kobe is acting like his old 2005-06 self when he was the leading scorer of the season. He's holding onto the ball way too much and taking ridiculous shots. The ball needs to go in towards Bynum and Gasol a lot more. It bugs me seeing that Bynum will have a great shooting game, but only score 15 and Kobe scores 20+ on shooting less than 40%
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm glad Laker fans are finally starting to acknowledge this! I wasn't happy about the hire to begin with. I have said in other threads I kinda feel like he was hired to be fired anyway. He just isn't an elite head coach. You can't tell me that if Phil Jackson was here things wouldn't be better. It's been reported there's been more players only meetings and it's been about how the guys can try to implement some of the triangle offense in what they've been doing. Everybody feels the offense has been terrible this year.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Brown is best as the defensive coordinator. He has no business running the team as the head-coach. He is almost like the D'Antoni of defense. Look at how the Knicks look with D'Antoni as the headcoach.. Good offense, everything else meh.... crap.

That's a great point. We see the same thing in football too. Sometimes when these guys who are great coodinators get promoted they just aren't good head coaches (look at Wade Phillips for example). I'd be fine with Brown as a defensive coodinator. He just isn't head coach material for a championship contending team. I feel like he held Cleveland back for years. Let's face it, they had to fire him in hopes to try to keep Lebron there....
Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKlaker
Wow.....you really don't know much about sources do you???
CBS sports IS Eye-on-basketball.......you have heard of CBS haven't you..........you know, they're a national television network

This article was very light compared to the many sources that said the team was turning on Brown......Ramona Shelburne being one.....but maybe you never heard of her either

John Ireland......but maybe you never heard of him either

Wow the extent of your puckering up to the incompetent has no limit.......and no reality balancing system does it. Next you'll tell me that Fish and Blake are better than....at least 1 other PG combo in the NBA

Wake up bro......wake up!!!!!!!! Wake the FK up

Edit: Don't make me have to come back on here and explain what ESPN is........lol.

Ok....you know who Ramona is.......but you still ignore the obvious.
Brown is a very nice person.....I like him as a person.
I absolutely love D-Fish as a person.
I would be far more happy right now if Fish was the head coach and would never play another game.....never ever........and Brown could be his assistant

The players know Brown has no freaking clue as to what he is doing.....sure they like him.....but don't want him as their coach. At this point I think every single player has complaints about him. It's obvious that he's the wrong guy...........Jimmy Buss hire.....go figure

Sure the Lakers need help at the 1 and 3......but playing DFish the last 6 minutes of the game

Q: What do you do if you have a team that isn't shooting worth a crap?

A: You work the ball inside and if you shoot outside you have at least 3 guys crashing the boards to get 2nd chance opportunities.

Q: Who would be more effective to have in the game when Kobe is in Shooting Mode......Pau or McRoberts?

A: Give me the rebounder, McRoberts........Pau doesn't have a crowbar to pry the ball outta Kobe's hands, so you might as well rest him. McRob wants nothing more than to go get the ball.

A coach has to know how to put the right players in at the right times, use them to the best of their abilities. You also can't be afraid to dictate and give orders to your best player. Brown fails at these and much more.

1) Where are those "many sources" that all claim they're turning on brown? The only other source i'd seen was the crappy role players that kept getting inconsistent playing time.

2) I heard enough of her (Ramona) on the radio interview simply stating they want a change in the offense.

3)
Quote:
I never in my sober or drunk mind said these point guards were great on any level. So I don't know why you're trying to convince other posters possibly reading this that I would make such a stupid claim. Besides, we aren't even speaking about point guards are we? Why deviate from the initial subject? And yet, I am the one who is puckering up to the incompetent? Who's the incompetent here? mike brown? A coach that has made this team one of the best defenses in the league? Sounds very incompetent.

4) Saying "I love Mike Brown as a person" is not in any way a means of building credibility on the subject. You're sounding like one of those extremists on the general forum that say "I love Kobe, he's my favorite, but he's so bad at basketball".

I personally have no clue how Mike Brown is as a person, but when I watch basketball, I say he's got one heck of a system that can certainly be the main foundation of a dynasty one day. It just needs some modifications. What do I mean by modifications? A simply change of role players. Add Ramon Sessions, let luke, ron, others expire, or buy them out. Sign some free agents that are all hustle to complement the ball dominating styles of our big three.

You see, the problem with our system is not that it isn't executed well, its that we don't have the positions to fill in all our service needs.

In a bank, you need an accountant, a banker, a bunch of tellers, a couple of managers....etc.
Right now in this lakers' bank, we have the accountant, and we have managers....but we are lacking the tellers to do most of these transactions. We need a hustle guy, we need a 6th man, and we need a starting point guard, and a starting small forward. Do we have any of these? Absolutely not, nothing that would ever measure up to 10% of what this team needs to get done. It is sad, but as I've mentioned time and time again, we have an amazing "big three" but nothing to complement them. Against the pistons, who else besides Kobe, Bynum, and Pau actually contributed?

5)
Quote:
It's obvious that he's the wrong guy

That is a line I can be open to listening to. I just heard this on the radio today from that guy that speaks early morning, forget his name. He said Mike Brown is a very good coach, but he just doesn't have the right team. He would be good for the heat, the bulls, any team that needs a defense first mentality.
The problem is that the lakers are an offensive minded team because of Phil's intense teaching of X's and O's.

So maybe he's not the right type of coach, so how do you change that? Do you fire him? No. You need to change the style of this team. Bring in those new players to complement Kobe, Bynum. Pau Gasol probably won't fit this system. Might be better to trade him.

Guys like Kobe are superstars, they can play in any system. I don't wanna hear that he can't. So maybe we should just blow up this team, give it a brand new make over. Keep Kobe and Bynum. Build around them.

6) Your Q and A's aren't bad answers. I would actually agree with that. The problem is, Kobe is in shooting mode most of the time. Are you gonna sit Pau down most of the game?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
There were a few articles implying that Kuester is a pretty good offensive coach..The question is how good is he really?
If he is good, how possible is it that
a. Kobe and other players choose to freelance and do their thing.
b. The players are still adjusting, having to forget the triangle offense and learn the new play patterns in still limited time. I do think they are prioritizing on executing/practicing thier defensive schemes.

Kuester was a disaster in Detroit. Didn't anybody see what happened there last season???? The players basically revolted against him. It wasn't guys in the league who were known as divas either. Even Tayshaun Prince (of all people) couldn't get along with Kuester. He's quite possibly the worst head coach the Pistons have ever had in the history of their franchise.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
That's a great point. We see the same thing in football too. Sometimes when these guys who are great coodinators get promoted they just aren't good head coaches (look at Wade Phillips for example). I'd be fine with Brown as a defensive coodinator. He just isn't head coach material for a championship contending team. I feel like he held Cleveland back for years. Let's face it, they had to fire him in hopes to try to keep Lebron there....

Yes, but forget the two or three years that Lebron would tank an entire playoff series. So who was actually holding the team back?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #24
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Kuester was a disaster in Detroit. Didn't anybody see what happened there last season???? The players basically revolted against him. It wasn't guys in the league who were known as divas either. Even Tayshaun Prince (of all people) couldn't get along with Kuester. He's quite possibly the worst head coach the Pistons have ever had in the history of their franchise.
That would be the same Pistons that revolted against Larry Brown? Then Flip Saunders?
Then Mike Curry?
Then Kuester?

And now residing at 13-26 under another head coach? It's not coaching problem in Detroit it's an ownership problem and has been for years

The Pistons front office gave up control of the team to the players when they didn't back Larry Brown following a title run. That team is a zoo from top to bottom.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

What has Brown done for us lately give us a 6-14 road record and now just to salvage a mediocre record on the road we need to go 11-2 which is a joke! Well thanks to mike brown ofcourse an overrated defensive minded coach which would be good if only he was to implement an offensive minded team that can coexist as a cohesive unit instead of just letting kobe chucking up atrocious circus shots after another and not feeding our hungry bigs in the post is out of the texture! Well atleast kobe will get himself a scoring title eventhough he doesn't have the nucleus in him to share the rock more often in getting the larry o'brien trophy?
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kobester
What has Brown done for us lately give us a 6-14 road record and now just to salvage a mediocre record on the road we need to go 11-2 which is a joke! Well thanks to mike brown ofcourse an overrated defensive minded coach which would be good if only he was to implement an offensive minded team that can coexist as a cohesive unit instead of just letting kobe chucking up atrocious circus shots after another and not feeding our hungry bigs in the post is out of the texture! Well atleast kobe will get himself a scoring title eventhough he doesn't have the nucleus in him to share the rock more often in getting the larry o'brien trophy?

Ha! Overrated defensive coach. Lakers are one of the top defensive teams this season.

Road losses are on the players as they need to be more prepared to endure the traveling. Coaching doesn't change. I don't see how knowledge suddenly becomes shifted when one spontaneously travels.

Phil Jackson always tried to tell kobe to stop shooting. He really could never get Kobe to stop taking bad shots either. Really, player attitudes and coaching techniques have very little to no correlation.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kobester
Yet they have the best home record in the NBA so it's not a coaching problem alone. You can't point one way and blame the coach because if you do then you have to turn around and give him heaps of praise the other way.

It's not anyone aspect of the game

Lakers role players stepping up on the road would help the most. Horrible when they get away from Staples worst in the league.

Kobe needs to realize his 2008 game is not coming back other than cameo appearances now and then.

The coaches need to make adjustments that keeps Pau and Bynum engaged and gets the role players in a spot to play their roles.

The front office needs to help all of them out one way or the other. Make a big trade that changes the course of the franchise for years to come or make a small move that helps in the short term

Fans need to realize the monumental task it is turning the page on a dynasty run and not expect so much so soon.

Phil retired, Tex is gone, those days are over and they're not coming back.

As for the team turning against Brown. Yeah sure! This is out there by the same media that has so far this season involved the Lakers in every trade discussion possible and some not even possible.
It's become a joke and actually quite depressing how far down the wrong road LA sports media has traveled, new era I guess, I miss Jim Murray from the Times and the long defunct Herald Examiner crowd. That was sports coverage that dealt in facts and named names and didn't hide behind anonymous sources to call someone out.

There's some good ones out there in LA but by and large most these guys became sports writers because they were fans first then writers. Jim Murray could write about anything, any sport or anyone with passion and dignity. There's no dignity in the profession today for the most part. Nothing but a bunch of people trying to make more noise than the guy at the laptop next to him.

Saddest part is the fanbase buys this garbage as fact and neglects critical thinking skills, goes running to the computer to jump up and down and scream look I'm Right I'm Right I"m Right, You're Wrong PFFFFTTTTT. Tweet away America

I'm just waiting for the one where they start suggesting using the amnesty clause on Kobe. Oh wait it's already been suggested
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #28
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
I agree to an extent. It's more of Kobe, not just the team. Kobe is acting like his old 2005-06 self when he was the leading scorer of the season. He's holding onto the ball way too much and taking ridiculous shots. The ball needs to go in towards Bynum and Gasol a lot more. It bugs me seeing that Bynum will have a great shooting game, but only score 15 and Kobe scores 20+ on shooting less than 40%

Question is would he be taking those shots if he had confidence in the role players?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
That would be the same Pistons that revolted against Larry Brown? Then Flip Saunders?
Then Mike Curry?
Then Kuester?

And now residing at 13-26 under another head coach? It's not coaching problem in Detroit it's an ownership problem and has been for years

The Pistons front office gave up control of the team to the players when they didn't back Larry Brown following a title run. That team is a zoo from top to bottom.

Larry Brown over stayed his welcome. It's not like that guy was ever so loved anywhere that he just decided to stay for the long haul. He's been with about every team in the league. Flip Saunders was a terrible hire. He sucked in Washington too by the way..... he's another guy who shouldn't be a head coach. Do you remember who didn't like Saunders??? One of LA's own, Rasheed Wallace! Could you see any other team in the league hiring Michael Curry???? Frank has done a decent job with what he has. Ever since Joe D decided they needed to rebuild and traded Chauncey Detroit has just lacked the talent. With a top 3 pick this year they'll be back in the mix of things. They have some really nice young pieces. Detroit doesn't do a good job of hiring coaches. The last good one they had there was Carlisle but that was back when he was a jerk to about everyone and he rubbed management the wrong way. Regardless of all of that, Kuester was by far the worst of the bunch. Why should a team like the Lakers be going after a coach (even as an assistant) who did such a bad job, with a team that just wasn't very good?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #30
DKLaker

LMFAO at guys who are trying to actually defend these clowns

Oh......then turn around and try to blame the messenger Oh it's the writers....the same ones talking about possible trades...well, isn't it their job to talk about trades and what the players are telling them????
Blame the messenger Pathetic.....it really is.
Some clowns want to pretend that everything is fine.....come on guys grow a brain and put on the big boy pants.....it's not like we're talking about your momma
It's not just the media.....James Worthy is bashing Brown.....try asking Magic how he feels. I've got guys who played in the league and talk to these guys and they are not happy with Brown......no big mystery here.

Lakerfreak......there is no point in arguing with you....some people just don't get it and don't learn. Thankfully there are enough guys who don't believe it's raining when their boots are being p!ssed on

As for Brown......I have met him and have a player I coached for a long time who plays with his son, so I hear quite a lot about what he says and how he is as a person......I said I like, NOT love him as a person.
I spent a considerable amount of time with DFish in the past and he's right there with Magic as a person you have to love. Class all the way!!!!

It doesn't matter what team Brown coaches....dude is NOT a good head coach period!!! Not on ANY team. A smart coach looks at what he has and figures out how to get the most out of it.....not try to fit a square peg in a round hole.......you have to work with what you have. A classic case in point was the 1980 finals when Pat Riley put his rookie PG at Center in game 6 and won the title....he didn't whine about what he didn't have, he found the best option for what he did have. Brown lacks any creativity or offensive IQ.

Would I confront Kobe when he's missing and shooting wildly......YES!!!!
Brown doesn't have the balls, he's grateful that Kobe is allowing him to coach.......seriously....WTF is that???? How is that authority????
I brought that up to some of my guys and they laughed.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: