Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #61
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers are turning against Mike Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
"Coaches change locations all the time and don't flounder so badly"

Delusional fanboy
Really you're an idiot.

3rd in the West
2 games up in the Pacific Division
Best Home record in the NBA

Flounder?

He replaced Phil Jackson, there is not one coach in the league save Pops that can replace an Icon like Jackson,

No win situation with the fans, with the players with the media. Then not only is he replacing maybe the best coach in the history of the game, he gets a roster that is 50% new to the team 2 of which are rookies and he gets 9 days of training camp to whip them into shape before the first game of the season.

Lets top it off and have them open the season with B2B2B and 10 games in the first 13 days.

Yet here they are in a rock solid playoff spot, 7-7 in their last 14 games on the road after going 1-7 in their first 8 and a 18-2 home record and still delusional fanboy thinks Browns floundering as a head coach.

It was NEVER going to be easy

Welcome to ignore

Really.....name calling......how immature of you.....sorry you're so butthurt about my comments about Mike Brown
It's a good thing some people we knew are no longer mods on here.....just new name in disguise. Way too obvious dude!!!!

The only delusions are to think Brown is a good coach, that the Laker team as it is now can win a championship........and that I give a rats @ss if you choose to ignore me.........grow up kid.

I guess beating Memphis (barely) without it's 2 biggest scorers and best rebounder has you fired up
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #62
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You answered your own post. He's not the GM :)

Not his job!!!

Are you serious???? Do you have to be the G.M to know when the trade deadline is That is a horribly weak argument. If we all know when it is then he should know when it is......but he never seems to know anything at all.
I'm beginning to think he's the Sarah Palin of the NBA

(I'm not going to call YOU as a fellow poster names or threaten to ignore you as if you would care I appreciate class)
Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #63
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hey, I'll be a stupid fanboy too then I'm sure there's a post or two somewhere on this board where I was critical of Brown when he was coaching Cleveland. I think he'd be a good defensive coordinator for a team. As a head coach I think he's only about as good as his talent. He's not the type of guy to get teams to that next level. Cleveland fired him in an attempt to keep Lebron, that tells me something about him as a coach. I'm not sure why it doesn't raise any red flags with anyone else. My opinion of him hasn't changed after all these years. He'll eventually be back with ESPN
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #64
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Are you serious???? Do you have to be the G.M to know when the trade deadline is That is a horribly weak argument. If we all know when it is then he should know when it is......but he never seems to know anything at all.
I'm beginning to think he's the Sarah Palin of the NBA

(I'm not going to call YOU as a fellow poster names or threaten to ignore you as if you would care I appreciate class)

No, my point was you shouldn't hold something like that against him. Now you're just trying to gather any little thing and make a fuss about it.

Anyways, the more we win, the quieter things get. You see my boy Bynum yesterday? Damn that boy is good. Is he better than Dwight Howard yet?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #65
DKLaker

Quote:
No, my point was you shouldn't hold something like that against him. Now you're just trying to gather any little thing and make a fuss about it.

Anyways, the more we win, the quieter things get. You see my boy Bynum yesterday? Damn that boy is good. Is he better than Dwight Howard yet?

I would agree that it was a petty little thing......but it is part of a definite pattern of cluelessness. That was my real point. I have never seen a coach so out of the loop, so detached and unaware of anything as Mike Brown......I'm 100% serious about that. I knew he wasn't a good coach but had no idea that he was so oblivious. Maybe it's that he's so self absorbed......I always knew he loves to hear himself talk and talk and talk......he's very good at talking and that's what won the Lakers over.....he sounded confident.....but cannot deliver.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #66
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

"Coaches change locations all the time and don't flounder so badly if they are a good coach" .......

I bet if you look back in history at coaches that were in their first year of coaching a new team, they, too, probably didn't have a great record. And, honestly, the Lakers could be doing a lot worse. They're really not doing THAT bad .... especially considering all the obstacles and distractions that they've have to endure and overcome. Could they be better, sure, but only with "time" and, more importantly, a couple better players. Brown can only work with what he's handed, and he was handed a sh*thole of a bench. They only player coming off the bench that is worth ANYTHING is Barnes. The rest are total scrubs!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #67
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
"Coaches change locations all the time and don't flounder so badly if they are a good coach" .......

I bet if you look back in history at coaches that were in their first year of coaching a new team, they, too, probably didn't have a great record. And, honestly, the Lakers could be doing a lot worse. They're really not doing THAT bad .... especially considering all the obstacles and distractions that they've have to endure and overcome. Could they be better, sure, but only with "time" and, more importantly, a couple better players. Brown can only work with what he's handed, and he was handed a sh*thole of a bench. They only player coming off the bench that is worth ANYTHING is Barnes. The rest are total scrubs!!

How was Phil's first year with the Lakers
Anyone inheriting this level of talent who was a good coach did better than Brown. He's not a good head coach and there is no mask to hide our ugly offense.......when we have to discuss 1955 in a conversation about historical lows in scoring....in 2012.......YOU KNOW IT IS FKING HORRIBLE!!!!
We have 3 All-Stars on the team....it's not like we suck.....we have the leading scorer in the NBA because he creates his own shots.....Maybe Brown can get D'Antoni to run the offense for him.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #68
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe080 has an OK reputation so far

Since D'Antoni is FA, get him as our assistant coach.

Get him now!!!!
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #69
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
How was Phil's first year with the Lakers
Anyone inheriting this level of talent who was a good coach did better than Brown. He's not a good head coach and there is no mask to hide our ugly offense.......when we have to discuss 1955 in a conversation about historical lows in scoring....in 2012.......YOU KNOW IT IS FKING HORRIBLE!!!!
We have 3 All-Stars on the team....it's not like we suck.....we have the leading scorer in the NBA because he creates his own shots.....Maybe Brown can get D'Antoni to run the offense for him.

I doubt D'antoni would ever settle for an assistant coaching position. He's been far enough in the playoffs to show he can completely take care of himself. Same with brown by the way loool.

You know what DK, we're like the Mason and Ireland show. We always disagree. We should air our own show.

By the way, Bynum on the radio today "We understand what we're supposed to do offensively" after that really fun Lakers @ Grizzlies game.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #70
DKLaker

Quote:
I doubt D'antoni would ever settle for an assistant coaching position. He's been far enough in the playoffs to show he can completely take care of himself. Same with brown by the way loool.

You know what DK, we're like the Mason and Ireland show. We always disagree. We should air our own show.

By the way, Bynum on the radio today "We understand what we're supposed to do offensively" after that really fun Lakers @ Grizzlies game.

Now there's a idea

You're quoting the same Bynum who loafed his way through a loss at Washington
(Trying to make you laugh)
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #71
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I would agree that it was a petty little thing......but it is part of a definite pattern of cluelessness. That was my real point. I have never seen a coach so out of the loop, so detached and unaware of anything as Mike Brown......I'm 100% serious about that. I knew he wasn't a good coach but had no idea that he was so oblivious. Maybe it's that he's so self absorbed......I always knew he loves to hear himself talk and talk and talk......he's very good at talking and that's what won the Lakers over.....he sounded confident.....but cannot deliver.

So let me ask you, in a game where there is two overtimes, many opportunities to change things up, and yet so much additional time to show cluelessness, how can yesterday's game against the grizzlies say that Mike was clueless? He obviously stuck with it. He's not the only coach to have weak offensive systems, but he makes up for it with his defensive coaching.

Everyone has different talents. Some coaches are X and O gues, others are offensive minded, others are defensive minded, then you have guys who suck at both, but they are excellent motivators. So tell me, what do you want? You keep talking about his coaching being so bad, while their win loss record keeps improving.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #72
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Now there's a idea

You're quoting the same Bynum who loafed his way through a loss at Washington
(Trying to make you laugh)

lool yes, although I could name a few others who do the same. Kobe used to always play down to the competition. I think thats part of Bynum's maturing process.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #73
DKLaker

Quote:
lool yes, although I could name a few others who do the same. Kobe used to always play down to the competition. I think thats part of Bynum's maturing process.

???? I don't remember Kobe ever loafing....that's just not the nature of the Mamba. I never heard anyone say that before.....I was at courtside through his first 8 years in the league......I can be critical, especially when it comes to dogging it, the only game I complained about was game 1 Vs. Philly......and I have a theory about that game.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #74
DKLaker

Quote:
So let me ask you, in a game where there is two overtimes, many opportunities to change things up, and yet so much additional time to show cluelessness, how can yesterday's game against the grizzlies say that Mike was clueless? He obviously stuck with it. He's not the only coach to have weak offensive systems, but he makes up for it with his defensive coaching.

Everyone has different talents. Some coaches are X and O gues, others are offensive minded, others are defensive minded, then you have guys who suck at both, but they are excellent motivators. So tell me, what do you want? You keep talking about his coaching being so bad, while their win loss record keeps improving.

How many games have we played this year against teams missing 1 or 2 of their best players? We get our @ss kicked last night if Gay and Randolph are playing......those are their 2 best players.....and we had to go to 2 overtimes??? And you really want to celebrate things like that as if it proves something Come on man!!!!

We LOST to N.Y with Amare and Melo out

We lost to one of the worst teams in the NBA with a 21 point lead in the 3rd quarter.......Come on man.....you are watching the game but not SEEING anything.

What is our record against the Top teams???

Does the offense being worse than 1955 even resonate in your brain as being a problem???? History is telling you he sucks.

LMAO at D'Antoni being forced out....I always said he will NEVER win a title without learning how to coach defense.......Brown.....can't coach offense and can't think.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #75
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
How many games have we played this year against teams missing 1 or 2 of their best players? We get our @ss kicked last night if Gay and Randolph are playing......those are their 2 best players.....and we had to go to 2 overtimes??? And you really want to celebrate things like that as if it proves something Come on man!!!!

We LOST to N.Y with Amare and Melo out

We lost to one of the worst teams in the NBA with a 21 point lead in the 3rd quarter.......Come on man.....you are watching the game but not SEEING anything.

What is our record against the Top teams???

Does the offense being worse than 1955 even resonate in your brain as being a problem???? History is telling you he sucks.

LMAO at D'Antoni being forced out....I always said he will NEVER win a title without learning how to coach defense.......Brown.....can't coach offense and can't think.

People always say "there is no excuse" for losing when your best players arent there. Remember after we traded for Gasol? Bynum was out, and then Gasol got hurt for two weeks, then Ariza was out the rest of the season. Lakers with only Kobe and Lamar still won very intense games if you remember.

The new york loss came during the knicks winning streak, where no team had any video out on Lin, and then a bunch of no names that noone could really fathom much. If the lakers lost that one, so did many others.

We did lose to one of the worst teams, but thats always how the lakers have been. Even with Phil as coach. They just do...I don't know why, and it frustrates me as much as it frustrates you.

I don't know what our record is against top teams, but we did beat the heat last week, and still have yet to play the bulls again soon. There really aren't many "top teams" this season. There are only 3 of them where I can look at and say "holy crap im afraid of them".

Edit: Lastly, the offense shows that our numbers are the lowest. But when someone like Larry Brown coaches, his numbers are too. Does that mean he was bad at offense? No. He had a way he wanted things to be done.

Im not saying Mike Brown is a very good offensive coach, but he's coming from a team that had 1 superstar and many role players, so it was easy for him to just put the ball in Lebron's hands and make the guy decide a lot of things. Its his first time with a real basketball team. Cut the guy some slack. Its almost a case of "so much talent you don't know what to do with it". You got Bynum, who could be the focal point, Pau who could be the focal point, and that man named Kobe. The guy is designing so many different things and is still trying to get the team to be comfortable with all three players. Give that some time!

Last edited by lakerfreak : 03-14-2012 at 07:14 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: