Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #16
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: People are saying that Gasol has been traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
can u please post a link to marc stein talking about curry gsw trade?

Someone on the main forum said they read that from Marc Stein, a couple people said they did. I don't personally have a link, sorry bud.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Someone on the main forum said they read that from Marc Stein, a couple people said they did. I don't personally have a link, sorry bud.

no worries man...it was some idiot on espn forum saying right below Marc Stien's story...

alll good Thanks
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #18
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

I was happy for the GSW deal but went to check the salaries and see that D Lee is owed 50mil after this year for 4 years...

Player David Lee
2011/12 $11,610,000

2012/13 $12,744,000

2013/14 $13,878,000

2014/15 $15,012,000

2015/16 $15,493,680

Thats a freaking lot of salary to pay for a guy who is NOT an ALL STAR.

As much as i love Curry this contract of D lee is super expensive considering the new CBA.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

These trade rumors are stupid. I totally see why these are getting into the players. Even I don't like it.

It's not true until it happens.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
These trade rumors are stupid. I totally see why these are getting into the players. Even I don't like it.

It's not true until it happens.

Well we as fans cannot deny that there are problems in our starting lineup. When we hear these rumors, we should be thinking of how this can impact the team. As professionals, these players, who are paid way more than any of us combined in a span of 10 years as opposed to their one year, need to remain professional and accept it as it comes. Franchise players like Pierce, Iverson, back in the day were in trade rumors all the time. It can happen to anyone. No one is really untouchable if you think about it.

The term untouchable is thrown around because in reality, no one will ever get equal value in return for a star player.

We say Kobe is untouchable, but if the heat got drunk one night and decided to offer us Lebron James, do you think Kobe is still untouchable at this point?

Just sayin..
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #21
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well we as fans cannot deny that there are problems in our starting lineup. When we hear these rumors, we should be thinking of how this can impact the team. As professionals, these players, who are paid way more than any of us combined in a span of 10 years as opposed to their one year, need to remain professional and accept it as it comes. Franchise players like Pierce, Iverson, back in the day were in trade rumors all the time. It can happen to anyone. No one is really untouchable if you think about it.

The term untouchable is thrown around because in reality, no one will ever get equal value in return for a star player.

We say Kobe is untouchable, but if the heat got drunk one night and decided to offer us Lebron James, do you think Kobe is still untouchable at this point?

Just sayin..

still has that no trade clause tho am i right?
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
think he meant as a example
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916

I believe he does.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #24
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Just sayin..

Why???? Do you really want to be a witness to quitness
FK Lechoke!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #25
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

Just heard from a friend of mine a big Jazz fan living in Utah said he heard on a local jazz radio station that a trade is in the works sending Big Al Jefferson to the Lakers for Pau Gasol. Don't know how credible that story is but will look into it some more. Personally I'd do that trade in a heartbeat Al at 6'10 289lbs is more of a physical presence averaging consistantly this year at ppg 18.8 and rpg 9.2 APG 2.2 a good passing big out of the paint and not to mention at age 27 is four years younger then Gasol.
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #26
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Havnt heard anything about this from ESPN.... Not sure it has any legs.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #27
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd for sure do Jefferson, but it needs to include Harris too. A motivated Harris would be scary with this lineup the Lakers currently have. I haven't looked but it probably needs to include other players and/or the exception, but it's certainly worth thinking about.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe080 has an OK reputation so far

idk.

I would rather have Lowry+Scola than Jefferson+Harris.

Jefferson seems like he is a better fit at 5 and did not prove he can play at 4 all his career. Does he have a passing skill and outside shooting to complement Bynum? Rather have Milsap imo. Harris is certainly a downgrade from Lowry also.

Either trade would at best improve our team indifferent.

I dont think Lakers will trade either of the two, unless the Rockets throw in 1st rd pick.... Or maybe they can throw in Kevin Martin and we throw in Walton or MWP :)

They already have C.Lee playing very well so Martin is very much expendable
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #29
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

NBA2k-Monster23 has no real reputation yet.

You guys can forget it about Lowry. There is no way Houston will give him up..
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #30
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Let's not pretend that Lowry is an all star.. He's barely putting up 15/7 albeit on pretty good percentages but he's clearly fallen off since the first couple months of the season.

In my opinion, Lowry isn't THAT much better than Sessions who can be had for just a single 1st round pick. I was one of those who initially thought that the Lakers should do the Gasol for Lowry/Scola swap, but after a day of thinking about it, I don't think the Lakers should do that even if it saves them money in the long haul. Kobe/Gasol took us to 3/4 finals in the past 4 years. Let's not pretend that Scola can make up for that loss even if we do upgrade at the 1.

If the Lakers intent and desire is still on winning, they should consider that Kobe's window is short and do the trade for Sessions, and then somehow find a way to swing the remaining 1st round pick + Morris and McRoberts to Minny for super cool Bease, then sign Rasheed Wallace to fill out the roster. That would give the team a solid and tough 12 man rotation right here.

PG: Sessions/Blake/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Goudelock
SF: Peace/Barnes
PF: Gasol/Beasley
C: Bynum/Murphy/Wallace

Last edited by BallsOut : 03-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: