Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: People are saying that Gasol has been traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Why???? Do you really want to be a witness to quitness
FK Lechoke!!!!

He's still a great player to have. You wouldn't trade 33 year old Kobe for 27 year old Lebron?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #32
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well we as fans cannot deny that there are problems in our starting lineup. When we hear these rumors, we should be thinking of how this can impact the team. As professionals, these players, who are paid way more than any of us combined in a span of 10 years as opposed to their one year, need to remain professional and accept it as it comes. Franchise players like Pierce, Iverson, back in the day were in trade rumors all the time. It can happen to anyone. No one is really untouchable if you think about it.

The term untouchable is thrown around because in reality, no one will ever get equal value in return for a star player.

We say Kobe is untouchable, but if the heat got drunk one night and decided to offer us Lebron James, do you think Kobe is still untouchable at this point?

Just sayin..
Yes. Because he has a no-trade clause.

No reason to trade Kobe anyways, Kobe is worth way more than 30 Million for the Lakers, even if he doesn't play. It's all about the revenue he generates for the Lakers Organization. If there wasn't a salary cap, than I'm sure they would pay Kobe a lot more than that.

Where is the source for this Gasol rumor? Just some random dude on twitter? C'mon, even I can do that!
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #33
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
He's still a great player to have. You wouldn't trade 33 year old Kobe for 27 year old Lebron?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #34
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I would. if I was offered a better player to help your franchise you take it. That said Kobe has done too much to ever be moved.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I would. if I was offered a better player to help your franchise you take it. That said Kobe has done too much to ever be moved.

Any other situation I would agree with you however we KNOW Lebron isn't a winner, the guy has no balls to close a game or win a championship........contrast that to Kobe.......so how could you possibly make that deal?

And YES, Kobe has done far too much to not retire as a Laker
Old 03-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Havnt heard anything about this from ESPN.... Not sure it has any legs.
It Doesn't. Most I've heard out of ESPN is tweets making fun of Lazenby for spreading the rumor to start with. Even Lazenby is avoiding discussing it when questioned. Irresponsible reporting on his part. He should stick to books and leave the daily stuff to the beat writers who have actual access to the team
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #37
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Any other situation I would agree with you however we KNOW Lebron isn't a winner, the guy has no balls to close a game or win a championship........contrast that to Kobe.......so how could you possibly make that deal?

All it will take is one championship and Lebron will be a winner. Last year he failed in the finals but all the previous years that wasn't his fault for his team losing..nobody would of taken that roster to a title.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #38
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

I hope any possible Pau deal includes a power forward coming back.

The thought of Troy Murphy being the starter and getting starters minutes is depressing as well. Even if he has played fairly well up to this point.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #39
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
I hope any possible Pau deal includes a power forward coming back.

The thought of Troy Murphy being the starter and getting starters minutes is depressing as well. Even if he has played fairly well up to this point.

My guess is that if we got no PF back we would sign Rasheed.......remember, until Pau, the Lakers franchise never put much into the PF position......and we did just fine.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #40
DKLaker

Quote:
All it will take is one championship and Lebron will be a winner. Last year he failed in the finals but all the previous years that wasn't his fault for his team losing..nobody would of taken that roster to a title.

I see a major character problem with him.....he shrinks from the "MOMENT", he wants anyone else to take the big shots......he flat out quit in his last playoffs with Cleveland and refused to step up in the 4th quarter in the finals.....I've seen way too much of this stuff......he's a phenomenal "Talent" but not a winner.....no championship heart. He's no Kobe!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #41
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I see a major character problem with him.....he shrinks from the "MOMENT", he wants anyone else to take the big shots......he flat out quit in his last playoffs with Cleveland and refused to step up in the 4th quarter in the finals.....I've seen way too much of this stuff......he's a phenomenal "Talent" but not a winner.....no championship heart. He's no Kobe!!!!

Wasn't it just the other night Lebron tried to take a game winner, missed, and when he got the ball back he called for Wade to come get the ball and Wade hit the shot? If Miami gets a championship (and it does look like they will) it'll be Wade that carries them down the stretch.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #42
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Wasn't it just the other night Lebron tried to take a game winner, missed, and when he got the ball back he called for Wade to come get the ball and Wade hit the shot? If Miami gets a championship (and it does look like they will) it'll be Wade that carries them down the stretch.

no way that happened? I saw on the news of Bron waiting for Wade to come get the ball, but I was only halfway paying attention.

if that happened, that would be just sad. guy is afraid to fail, its so sad that a talent like that was handed the keys to the castle before he knew how to guard it
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #43
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
no way that happened? I saw on the news of Bron waiting for Wade to come get the ball, but I was only halfway paying attention.

if that happened, that would be just sad. guy is afraid to fail, its so sad that a talent like that was handed the keys to the castle before he knew how to guard it

I just saw the play at a bar and the sound wasn't on, but that's what looked like what happened. I think it was Saturday against the Pacers. Lebron brought them back in the 4th & helped send it to OT, but he couldn't make the big one in the final seconds of OT and had Wade do it.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #44
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I just saw the play at a bar and the sound wasn't on, but that's what looked like what happened. I think it was Saturday against the Pacers. Lebron brought them back in the 4th & helped send it to OT, but he couldn't make the big one in the final seconds of OT and had Wade do it.

Yeah...it is exactly what happened......he was probably saying "Help...Save me Wade!!!"

So yeah.....he'd do the exact same thing here too....be kinda dumb to expect anything different. I loved how Kobe yelled at him to shoot the Fking ball on the last play in the AS game.....priceless
Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #45
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah...it is exactly what happened......he was probably saying "Help...Save me Wade!!!"

So yeah.....he'd do the exact same thing here too....be kinda dumb to expect anything different. I loved how Kobe yelled at him to shoot the Fking ball on the last play in the AS game.....priceless

lol yeah my neighbor who is a cavs fan talked to me about it. Bias source probably seeing that he's the fan of a team who was betrayed. I did end up watching the highlight where it basically looked like Lebron was confused, and then told wade "Come here, you do it". I was laughing.

It's really sad that his confidence in the 4th quarter shattered. He's a very good player, unselfish, can dominate on command. I remember the all-star game, Kobe was guarding him, and when he passed in the final seconds, Kobe yelled "come on man!"

There are many superstars who have had this problem. Dirk was known as "that guy" until late in his career. Shaquille O'Neal was another guy we had that always folded in the fourth, especially with free throws. Luckily, Shaq had that guy in Kobe to do the glorious 4th quarter work for him.

There's nothing wrong with that. Players, clutch or not, have had or will have their moments. There was a time when Lebron, against the wizards in the playoffs, hit two game winners in one series. Again Lebron one time hit a buzzer beater against the magic in the playoffs, a series where the magic won 4-1. But you get the point hopefully. He's done it before. It's something he's going to have to work on. Maybe his mentality itself is not in the "intense" mode in the fourth?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: