Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #136
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Always gotta be excuses to not give Morris any credit and excuses to give Richardson more credit. The Redskins run a lot of obvious run plays. There's plenty of slow developing pitch sweeps that you can see coming from a mile away. It just seems that Morris doesn't get the credit he deserves. He runs hard as hell, he's been great at finishing runs, has great vision, and he's got that shiftiness, but he just lacks that home run speed.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #137
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Trent does all that Morris does plus have home run ability and is a better receiver out of the backfield. I give Morris props he has been a workhorse so far for the Deadskins. I just wouldnt take him over Trich. Trich has top 5 RB in the game ability. Morris to me doesnt. He works for the Skins so kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
There's a big difference between college and the NFL. There's been a lot of players who looked great in college that didn't look so great in the NFL.

No my point was the reason Trent Richardson is favored in such arguments is because of his abilities coming out of college. Its more than him going to Bama playing in SEC and going #3. He went high in the draft regardless because of his talents.


Quote:
Peterson went for over 1,300 yards with a 5.6 ypc in his rookie season, and the ol' 'Richardson is the only offense they have' excuse doesn't fly since Peterson was the only offense the Vikes had, too. Peterson performed, Richardson hasn't yet.

Different situations


Quote:
He is better this year, but somehow I'm the biased one... I could say you all are being biased because Richardson came from the precious SEC and was a high draft pick.

And that would be stupid because I have zero bias for the SEC. What do you even base that on exactly? Thats what my initial point made. You watch Trent Richardson play football in college and thats what fans grew to love. Its not because he went to the SEC and went high. NFL teams ranked him high as a prospect. Let me guess why, SEC bias? Like come on man, stop being silly.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #138
bisk
.
 
bisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,901
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Once Shurmur will be fired at the end of the season and the Browns can get a real HC, Trent will flourish. No more running up the gut 90% of the time. My goodness that is some frustrating shit to watch.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #139
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Trent does all that Morris does plus have home run ability and is a better receiver out of the backfield. I give Morris props he has been a workhorse so far for the Deadskins. I just wouldnt take him over Trich. Trich has top 5 RB in the game ability. Morris to me doesnt. He works for the Skins so kudos.

Trent hasn't done what Morris has done, though. Morris has outperformed him. Top 5 game ability? 'What ifs' mean jackshit. You can have all the ability in the world, but it doesn't mean much if it doesn't translate to great performance on the field. I prefer performance over potential.

Quote:
Different situations

Yeah, Peterson performed.

Quote:
And that would be stupid because I have zero bias for the SEC. What do you even base that on exactly? Thats what my initial point made. You watch Trent Richardson play football in college and thats what fans grew to love. Its not because he went to the SEC and went high. NFL teams ranked him high as a prospect. Let me guess why, SEC bias? Like come on man, stop being silly.

I didn't specifically say you. And, what is my bias? I actually didn't want Morris to perform that well because I wanted Helu to be the guy (though he got injured and is out for the season), but I have to give it up to Morris. He's impressed the hell out of me this year.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #140
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I didn't specifically say you. And, what is my bias? I actually didn't want Morris to perform that well because I wanted Helu to be the guy (though he got injured and is out for the season), but I have to give it up to Morris. He's impressed the hell out of me this year.

You're a Deadskins fan. Just normal to be biased.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #141
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,085
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

I don't think believing Trent is the better player is somehow disrespecting Alf. Morris has had a very nice season and deserves credit for it. Yeah, probably more credit than he gets, because RG3 takes up 99.99% of the attention in Washington and it has obstructed the fact that they've also acquired a nice young runningback.

I just believe Richardson will eventually become one of the best backs in the league and I don't think Alf has that kind of upside. Richardson looked amazing for about the first five games or so. He was really nicked up with some injuries in the middle part of the season and it was amazing that he was even playing. A guy like McFadden would have been out for 5 or 6 games with his kind of injuries. Instead of focusing on his ypc, I think he deserves a lot of credit for gutting it out and playing when he clearly wasn't 100-percent.

Also, it should always be noted that Richardson is playing in the AFC North. When you are playing the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals as nearly half of your regular season games, huge rushing days are hard to come by.

Still, since starting to get healthy again a few weeks ago, Richardson is averaging a little under 140 total yards the last four weeks. That is nothing to sneeze at.

In our last two divisional games, Richardson has had 136 yards against Baltimore and 112 yards and a TD against the Steelers today.

The Redskins have played two AFC North teams this season... Morris had 78 yards and a TD against Cincinnati and 59 yards against the Steelers.

Again, nothing against Alf. He's had a very nice year. Evaluations should always be about more than the most basic statistics, though.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-26-2012 at 12:41 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #142
Pacers4ever
Banned
 
Pacers4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 953
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Trent was not very good today and was a pretty bad game all around for cleveland but give me alfred morris in the 6th round over trent richardson in the 1st round at the 5th pick (wouldn't draft any RB with the 5th pick anyway).

Last edited by Pacers4ever : 11-26-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #143
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,085
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
Trent was not very good today and was a pretty bad game all around for cleveland but give me alfred morris in the 6th round over trent richardson in the 1st round at the 5th pick (wouldn't draft any RB with the 5th pick anyway).
Any time you account for 112 yards and a touchdown against the Steelers, you had a good day. It is not news that it is very difficult to be a productive RB against the Steelers. Alf found that out earlier in the season.

Likewise, any time you beat the Steelers even with Charlie Batch as their QB, as a Browns fan, it was a good game.

Loved seeing TJ Ward knocking those guys out left and right. He was solely responsible for 2-3 fumbles because of absolutely brutal hits.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #144
Pacers4ever
Banned
 
Pacers4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 953
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Any time you account for 112 yards and a touchdown against the Steelers, you had a good day. It is not news that it is very difficult to be a productive RB against the Steelers. Alf found that out earlier in the season.

Likewise, any time you beat the Steelers even with Charlie Batch as their QB, as a Browns fan, it was a good game.

Loved seeing TJ Ward knocking those guys out left and right. He was solely responsible for 2-3 fumbles because of absolutely brutal hits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GpJI8NeTA&feature=plcp

basically that 8 turnovers and won by 6 with no big ben? I'm not surer what the standards are in cleveland but both teams are mediocre to bad. I would hope a running back drafted with the 5th pick would get 100+ yards with 29 freaking carries against a regressing steelers team.Just ask j charles from the chiefs he pounded them for 100 yards with nearly 2 more yards per carry and got a TD

Last edited by Pacers4ever : 11-26-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #145
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,085
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GpJI8NeTA&feature=plcp

basically that 8 turnovers and won by 6 with no big ben? I'm not surer what the standards are in cleveland but both teams are mediocre to bad. I would hope a running back drafted with the 5th pick would get 100+ yards with 29 freaking carries against a regressing steelers team. Just ask j charles from the chiefs he pounded them for 100 yards with nearly 2 more yards per carry and got a TD
Where he was drafted is completely beside the point right now. I was against the idea of taking a RB that high and made my opinion about it very clear on this very board prior to the draft.

But, once the guy is on the team, it matters very little where he was drafted to me. Plenty of high draft picks end up being mediocre players and plenty of late-round draft picks end up being studs. You can't just brush off solid performances because of the player's draft position. It was either good or not. Trent grinded out a nice game for himself and the team today. Period.

I also like how you list the one guy whose had a lot of success running the ball against the Steelers this year. Even they are allowed one off day.


How about last week when this same Steelers' defense "on the decline" held Ray Rice to 40 yards on 20 carries? Or when they held Shady McCoy to 52 yards? Or Morris 59 yards? Or McGahee 64 yards?


In fact, I think the only two guys to go over 100 yards on the Steelers' defense this year were Charles and McFadden. And there aren't many backs who totaled 112 yards and a TD or more against them.

Yeah, it was a good day.


And, we are 3-8. Congratulations on noting the standards aren't all that high on getting a win. Want a medal?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #146
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GpJI8NeTA&feature=plcp

basically that 8 turnovers and won by 6 with no big ben? I'm not surer what the standards are in cleveland but both teams are mediocre to bad. I would hope a running back drafted with the 5th pick would get 100+ yards with 29 freaking carries against a regressing steelers team.
Elpres not happy about a win He's always going crazy/overblowing wins (even tho that's his trolling character). Must of been an ugly game if didn't feel happy about a win.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #147
Pacers4ever
Banned
 
Pacers4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 953
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Where he was drafted is completely beside the point right now. I was against the idea of taking a RB that high and made my opinion about it very clear on this very board prior to the draft.

But, once the guy is on the team, it matters very little where he was drafted to me. Plenty of high draft picks end up being mediocre players and plenty of late-round draft picks end up being studs. You can't just brush off solid performances because of the player's draft position. It was either good or not. Trent grinded out a nice game for himself and the team today. Period.

I also like how you list the one guy whose had a lot of success running the ball against the Steelers this year. Even they are allowed one off day.


How about last week when this same Steelers' defense "on the decline" held Ray Rice to 40 yards on 20 carries? Or when they held Shady McCoy to 52 yards? Or Morris 59 yards? Or McGahee 64 yards?


In fact, I think the only two guys to go over 100 yards on the Steelers' defense this year were Charles and McFadden. And there aren't many backs who totaled 112 yards and a TD or more against them.

Yeah, it was a good day.


And, we are 3-8. Congratulations on noting the standards aren't all that high on getting a win. Want a medal?
There aren't many backs that will get 29 carries or continue getting them when they are below 3 yards per carry. But if you honestly think scoring 20 points of 8 turnovers and winning by 6 is a good sign for the future and your offense then go ahead a drink the koolaid.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #148
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,085
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
There aren't many backs that will get 29 carries or continue getting them when they are below 3 yards per carry. But if you honestly think scoring 20 points of 8 turnovers and winning by 6 is a good sign for the future and your offense then go ahead a drink the koolaid.
What are you even arguing at this point? When did I say our offense was a juggernaut or that today's offensive performance was a good sign for the future?

Btw, Ray Rice averaged 2.0 yards per carry against the Steelers last week. He must really stink.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #149
Pacers4ever
Banned
 
Pacers4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 953
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What are you even arguing at this point? When did I say our offense was a juggernaut or that today's offensive performance was a good sign for the future?

Btw, Ray Rice averaged 2.0 yards per carry against the Steelers last week. He must really stink.
You said it was a good day so you're happy with the performance like this winning by 6 on 8 TOs and bottom 3 QBs in the league. What was todays offense to you exactly? Also I remember rice dealing with a toe injury that game and was probable coming into this week.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #150
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,085
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
You said it was a good day so you're happy with the performance like this winning by 6 on 8 TOs and bottom 3 QBs in the league. What was todays offense to you exactly? Also I remember rice dealing with a toe injury that game and was probable coming into this week.
A. I said I was happy with the win. How is that the same as saying today's offensive performance was a positive sign for the future? Two completely different statements.

B. I understand how many turnovers there were. No need to continue repeating yourself. Save the keystrokes.

C. Richardson has been dealing with injuries all season long. Most guys are banged up by this point in the season... Especially rookies who are unaccustomed to the grind of an NFL season.

Again, I don't see what you are arguing.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-26-2012 at 01:56 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy