Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #31
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
3 years from now the Rams will be a dynasty...unreal

3 FIRST FOUNDERS!!!... WOW

Rams will still land Blackmon I bet...lol

Except their the Rams. I'll always have doubts about bad organizations.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm guessing Shanahan has a lot of job security left because as talented as he looks rookie QBs normally miss the playoffs. And when's the last time a team benefitted from trading several assets for one? I bet Hue Jackson would take back that Carson Palmer trade if he could right now. I'm not saying that Griffin's going to bust but he might need 2 or 3 years to develop into a good starter. Will Snyder put up with missing the playoffs until then?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #33
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

dynasty? I'm still waiting for Bradford to make it through a year. This certainly helps them in the future though. I really hope RG3 succeeds but I really don't like Washington at all. They need to do what it takes to get him some help. Go after VJax, go after Nicks ( ). Get him some help.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #34
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Redskins fans better hope that their regime is good at finding elite talent outside of the first round. They have a lot of holes to fill and they've just given up a lot for one player.

We'll see how it works.

So far, so good. We have been drafting well since Shanny And Allen came in.

Not thrilled about losing 2 first Rounders but moves must be made and I'm Ecstatic to have one of the most rare elite QB prospects in history.

Haven't wanted a college guy to be a Redskin this much since Sean T. I knew he would be a Skin and I knew RG 3 would end up being one. Eat shit Philly, Dallas, Giants. The time has come to get terrorized by a WSH QB. The world tends to try and balance itself out.
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
So far, so good. We have been drafting well since Shanny And Allen came in.

Not thrilled about losing 2 first Rounders but moves must be made and I'm Ecstatic to have one of the most rare elite QB prospects in history.

Haven't wanted a college guy to be a Redskin this much since Sean T. I knew he would be a Skin and I knew RG 3 would end up being one. Eat shit Philly, Dallas, Giants. The time has come to get terrorized by a WSH QB. The world tends to try and balance itself out.

With that OL Skins have and no #1 WR? We're afriad. Call me when Deadskins improve actual areas of need to help RGIII transition run smoothly.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #36
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I think there is an excellent chance of this happening. The Redskins are not a quarterback away from being a threat in that division. Maybe if that quarterback was a prime Peyton Manning doing his line-of-scrimmage brilliance, but not a very talented, very young QB who is going to take years to become elite and, in the meantime, have insufficient resources both on the current roster and in future draft picks.

I'll tell you this... By the time RG3 hits his prime, Shanahan may be long gone. If this doesn't pan out in the first few years, there is going to be tremendous backlash. If those first round picks over the next two years are in the Top 10?

He's a goner. He is basically putting his job in the hands of RG3.

Rams fans must be in seventh heaven. What a deal. My god.

The team that really hit the "lottery" this year wasn't Washington... And it wasn't even Indy with Luck. It is St. Louis which can basically transform their team over the course of the next three drafts.

Why would anybody claim of the Skins hitting the lottery?

We obviously struck in quality, not quantity. It took a big price but two first rounders is absolutely worth having a rare elite QB with no glaring weaknesses and every necessary strength to step up and be the franchise player.

Insufficient resources? Say hello to the ~$40 million in cap space that we can use to get any a WR like Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston. Even an Eddie Royal on the cheap to return kicks and play slot in a familiar system.

Or a G like Ben Grubbs or Carl Nicks to protect and make a difference in the running game. Shit, we could even decide to give Peyton Hillis a deal and let him return to Shanahan, he obviously hates Cleveland.

You just aren't knowledgable enough to make statements on Washington's upcoming free agency options or the current team. We were bad at 5-11 but have some talent to work with.

Griffin is far better off in D.C. than in Cleveland. He belongs here where he can be an icon to a bigger market and one starving for a face of franchise.

CLE has some solid players on their roster but your remarks for our organization can just as easily be applied to CLE except that we have a coach that players will buy in for more. The reason you didn't want to give up as much as we did is because you know that the Browns are lacking in many areas and need to spread it out rather than strike the iron while it's hottest for a top prospect when needed most, like in the case of the Washington Redskins.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Except their the Rams. I'll always have doubts about bad organizations.
The Rams were SB Champs not too long ago.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #38
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
dynasty? I'm still waiting for Bradford to make it through a year. This certainly helps them in the future though. I really hope RG3 succeeds but I really don't like Washington at all. They need to do what it takes to get him some help. Go after VJax, go after Nicks ( ). Get him some help.
Still waiting? He won ROY then got injured one year...good god
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Still waiting? He won ROY then got injured one year...good god

Rams are gonna mess up those first rd picks. *looks at history*
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Now we'll really see how good your boy Sam Bradford is with your 2nd favorite team.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #41
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1st round picks are overrated. I wouldn't make this trade, but I am not necessarily poo-pooing it. That RG3 Redskin jersey will probably second only to Peyton Manning's jersey in sales next year. He is the perfect player for the Redskins market.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #42
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the Rams had a legit NFL QB then they would be able to turn those picks into a dynastyish team.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #43
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There are talks that the Browns may draft Tannehill....

I would die of laughter if that happened.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #44
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
With that OL Skins have and no #1 WR? We're afriad. Call me when Deadskins improve actual areas of need to help RGIII transition run smoothly.

The o line played pretty well in the second half of the season, allowing rookies like Helu and Royster to put up multiple 100 yard games. The coaching of the ZBS is starting to form an identity in Redskin land and it's helpful for the rest of the offense for this stability to build accordingly.

Whose to say with 40 mil of cap room we won't sign a beast G like Ben Grubbs (who I want) or Carl Nicks?

I promise you we will sign one of Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston, Garcon or another upgrade WR in FA along with Eddie Royal who knows the offense and will play slot/ maybe return kicks. Leonard Hankerson is a talented youngster who started playing well before be injured his hip. He will start and improve opposite V.Jackson or someone Who's the Eagles number one receiver? Oh yeah, they don't have one. Jabar Gaffney outperformed Jeremy Maclin with Rex as his QB.

Don't be salty just because we drafted a prospect who looks better than Vick throwing the ball in college and looks like a better prospect. Oh yeah, and he actually has a brain

Last edited by ROCSteady : 03-10-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #45
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Anybody comparing this trade to the Carson Palmer trade is being foolish and deserves to be off the NFL board of the great ISH
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: