Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #61
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Wow GOBB, stfu. The point was very simple: A superstar franchise QB is worth sacrificing 2 first round picks. QB is the most crucial position in sports, it's not sending off 2 1sts for a safety. Elite QB prospects are worth giving up valuable assets for.

I know the guy hasn't taken a snap yet. Thanks for the revelation. I should just direct you to every thread where you either a.) praise RG3 with as much kindness that your loser POS ass is capable of or b.) note with fervent tenacity how much you DON'T want him on the Skins

It's ok to be shook, son. No such thing as halfway crooks. Both STL and WSH will make out like bandits, mutual beauty in this trade. Go ahead and make your predictable arguments and talk your predictable shit while adding a at the end of the paragraph.

You were always fearful that dude would be a Redskin and now the day has come. Everyone knows you didn't want this. Now it's my time to

Last edited by ROCSteady : 03-10-2012 at 11:35 PM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #62
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

You guys are idiots. You'd trade your own mother in the package and argue "Its worth the cost.". Aaron Rodgers is a proven franchise QB. RGIII is not. To say its worth the cost given how much Redskins gave up is being silly.

I ask you two idiots this. Yes idiots I said. What is TOO much to give up for RGIII (#2 pick not even #1). Chances are no such cost exists in your mind.

Hey bozo, I didnt want RGIII in a Deadskins uniform because I'd have to root against the guy as my Eagles run thru that turnstyle OL and put RGIII on his back like a whore. 41 sacks given up, 108 QB hits (3rd in NFL behind Seahawks/Rams). I know I know you have $40mil+ in cap space so you can go out and sign OL help. As if no one else doesnt need it AND no one else has signficant cap space. I like the idea everyone will come to Wash, no one else. I like the idea no one else has cap space. But yeah good luck protecting your QB that cost didnt mean a thing.

This is fan desperation talk. JUST like Oakland Raiders fans who said the cost was worth aquiring Carson Palmer. Fans in the same boat, desperate for a QB as that is the biggest hole to sure up.

Throw in another 1st rd pick in 2015...I'll be here to read "worth the cost" from you.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #63
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

I don't see how anyone can defend this trade.. It's a disaster waiting to happen. It's so typical of the Redskins/Snyder to overreact and go overboard on this trade.

I like RG3 and all but he's not worth 3 1st round picks. Remember that the Skins will probably start RG3 next year and there's only so much a raw, scrambling rookie QB can do in his first season, combine that with a bad offensive line, bad WR core, etc, it's another 5-11 season for the skins and they'll lose next year's top 10 pick. I'm sure the Skins could have traded down a few spots and selected the third best QB in the draft. What about a player like Ryan Tennehill or just wait to select Barkley next season. Geez.. this is why the Redskins have been shit this past decade

And is RG3 this much of a can't miss prospect? Scrambling, mobile QB's usually don't live up to the hype.. But I guess he has that Steve Young potential..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #64
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Geez, color me dissapointed. What a weak post, GOBBles dick.

Yes, Redskins fans are idiots just because the front office finally put ourselves in a position for a superstar at the QB position.

Not to mention that other teamS were willing to part with a hefty package of picks, including multiple first rounders.

Even RBA's 'super smart' front office of Holmgren and co. were pushin hard for Griff and threw out multiple firsts for the guy. All these NFL execs don't know shit compared to lifelong internet sewer dweller, Gobb.

Stick to playing electronic GM and armchair scout, it's what your best at.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #65
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Tannehill is way behind Luck and Griffin developmentally. He's probably 2 years away from starting and if he starts before that, it'll be ugly growing pains.

In WSH's case, Shanahan doesn't have that long to try and shape a winner, he needs a prospect who is responsible and coachable enough to win ASAP. Tannehill played QB at A&M less than 20 games. He isn't ready to start in the NFL and if I'm wrong and he is, it's still way more of a risk than losing 2 1sts to win under this regime
Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #66
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Skins werent the only one offering Albert Painsworth big bucks. Its not uncommon for teams to be stupid. Again, you suck at making points. Weak posts are yours where you run behind "NFL teams know more than you. So I side with them instead of the stuff you're saying.". As if I cant walk down the list of draft picks teams flopped on. As if I cant walk down the list of free agents teams overpaid and saw that player underperform. As if I cant point to mistakes, bad judgement from teams. You speak as if one or more teams want to do a certain thing, well then no one can question/call it stupid. Get a clue.

Quote:
Si.com's Peter King tweeted Friday night: "Cleveland was in it, but didn't want to give three ones and a 2. Miami was in it, but couldn't go nuts w/Manning still in play."

Sources told the St. Louis Post Dispatch's Jim Thomas today that the Browns were prepared to give up their No. 4 and No. 22 picks this year as part of their package

Browns have yet to confirm or speak on the trade rumors of what they were said to have offered. I can believe Browns offered the 4th, 22nd pick then were reluctant to include next years first and decided to add 2012 2nd rd pick (basically their first THREE picks).

I dont buy the report you keep spewing.

Last edited by GOBB : 03-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #67
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Tannehill is way behind Luck and Griffin developmentally. He's probably 2 years away from starting and if he starts before that, it'll be ugly growing pains.

In WSH's case, Shanahan doesn't have that long to try and shape a winner, he needs a prospect who is responsible and coachable enough to win ASAP. Tannehill played QB at A&M less than 20 games. He isn't ready to start in the NFL and if I'm wrong and he is, it's still way more of a risk than losing 2 1sts to win under this regime

I don't think Shanahan even wanted to trade for RG3 as he knows the pressure he'll have to succeed this season. It's practically playoff or bust year for the Skins and I don't think having a rookie QB will suddenly lead them to the playoffs. He can but it's going to be hard..

Skins should have signed Manning and drafted a QB in this year or next year's draft(Barkley?) That way Manning will have 2-3 years to start and you have your future QB getting groomed by a HOFer and you'll keep all your first round picks.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't think Shanahan even wanted to trade for RG3 as he knows the pressure he'll have to succeed this season. It's practically playoff or bust year for the Skins and I don't think having a rookie QB will suddenly lead them to the playoffs. He can but it's going to be hard..

Skins should have signed Manning and drafted a QB in this year or next year's draft(Barkley?) That way Manning will have 2-3 years to start and you have your future QB getting groomed by a HOFer and you'll keep all your first round picks.

That is not an option. Manning isnt playing for the Redskins nor NFC East.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #69
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

As for that weak OL, John Beck made those numbers look a lot worse than they were. What was it? 16 sacks in 3 starts including 10 by a Bills pass rush that wasn't doing squat?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #70
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
As for that weak OL, John Beck made those numbers look a lot worse than they were. What was it? 16 sacks in 3 starts including 10 by a Bills pass rush that wasn't doing squat?

If the OL is fine then Deadskins shouldnt be planning on targetting any in FA. Depth not included.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #71
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If the OL is fine then Deadskins shouldnt be planning on targetting any in FA. Depth not included.
OL can be upgraded. I'm not saying this is the Hogs here but it also isn't the abomination it was in 2008
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #72
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
OL can be upgraded. I'm not saying this is the Hogs here but it also isn't the abomination it was in 2008

Agree...but RGIII will still be laying on his back like a whore. Hope your field is soft.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #73
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Gobble dick is straight fondling a whole Amish family made of straw.

You comparing Haynesworth to this move is 10x more off base than comparing the assets hypothetically given up for Aaron Rodgers, a QB. I don't EXPECT him to be up there with Rodgers but I do expect them to battle in the playoffs in 2-5 years.

The guy will not bust. I'm not even worried about that. Nor will he be sacked like fatboy frat Rex or meek Mormon ball holder Beck. Our o line is not bad, you just don't know shit. I would rather upgrade than keep the same exact group but only to make it a GREAT line to protect and assist an ELITE weapon at the QB position
Old 03-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #74
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Horrible trade, especially for a team that should be rebuilding like the redskins. They should've just kept the 6th pick and bombed the 2012-13 season to get Matt Barkley. The redskins and raiders are the biggest laughingstocks in all of sports. Horribly run organizations.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #75
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Geez, color me dissapointed. What a weak post, GOBBles dick.

Yes, Redskins fans are idiots just because the front office finally put ourselves in a position for a superstar at the QB position.

Not to mention that other teamS were willing to part with a hefty package of picks, including multiple first rounders.

Even RBA's 'super smart' front office of Holmgren and co. were pushin hard for Griff and threw out multiple firsts for the guy. All these NFL execs don't know shit compared to lifelong internet sewer dweller, Gobb.

Stick to playing electronic GM and armchair scout, it's what your best at.
It actually isn't true that Holmgren/Heckert were offering multiple first round picks. In fact, before this trade was announced, it was leaked that the Browns were unwilling to part with both of their first round picks this year (4 & 22). I am not sure where that STL reporter is getting his info, but that is contrary to what I have heard.

There is a reason that STL jumped on this now and didn't just wait until the draft to keep driving the hype/price up. The Redskins offered a package so far above and beyond what everyone else had offered, the Rams had no choice but to take it and run.

Maybe Holmgren and Heckert would have eventually added in that 22 pick to go along with the 4, but I am quite sure that they wanted to see him throw first at either his pro day or private workouts. As good as RG3's combine was, he never once threw the football. I just can't believe that the Redskins just gave up 2 first rounders and a second for a guy that they haven't even been able to work yet... haven't even seen him throw the football up close and personal.

And, I can't imagine our regime ever giving up that much or even close to it, even if he had an incredible workout. I'm not sure who Washington was bidding with that got the price that steep, but it wasn't the Browns.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: