Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #121
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Is your QB doin that?

that's how we feel too fam

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/im...650&h=440&q=75

Just a little aesthetic diversity.

Did the Skins still give up too much? Are we Re Tards? Hail b!tches and sn!tches, namely Mara and Goodell.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #122
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What does FA stand for, out of curiosity? Do you mean FO (front office)?

RG3 is admittedly worked out way better for Washington so far than I could have ever imagined. He is a very gifted player. I mean, I knew that going into the draft, which is why I wanted the Browns to get him, but I didn't think he would have this kind of impact right out of the gates. One thing I will say is this... I feel like he landed in a perfect situation as far as the coaching is concerned. A lot of his success this year is due to the offensive scheme which has been developed around his skillset and Shanahan is to be commended for that.

It is essentially a more complicated version of the Baylor offense he thrived in.

Had it been the Browns who moved up and got him at No. 2, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that something so drastic with the scheme would not have happened. Shurmur and Co. are very committed to the West Coast Offense and he would have had to adjust to their scheme... Whereas Shanahan very shrewdly adjusted his scheme to fit the talent of RG3.

At the end of the day, I feel like it worked out for both teams thus far. Despite neither having a very good record, Washington has found its franchise QB and a scheme that has highlighted and will continue to highlight his greatest strengths.

The Browns picked up a cornerstone to their offense in Richardson, who has very quietly had a tremendous rookie year... And even Weeden, a pick I despised, has been successful thus far considering the circumstances, imo. Then, you have Josh Gordon... A guy who looks to have the potential of an elite WR and we got him in the second round of the supplemental draft... A pick we absolutely would not have had if we made the RG3 deal.

Other great pickups like Mitchell Schwartz, who has an argument for best rookie offensive lineman in the league this year, also would have never been on the team if the deal had been made. And, still other impactful rookies like Billy Winn, John Hughes, Travis Benjamin and Trevin Wade... most of those guys would probably not be here either. The 2012 draft, at least so far, has been VERY good for the Browns. Lots of guys contributing heavily already.

If you told me right now the Browns could have RG3 for Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden, Mitchell Scwartz, Josh Gordon, and next year's No. 1 pick, I'm not sure I do it. Yes, I know how important getting your franchise QB is. Yes, I know RG3 has been insanely good this year.

But, I'm not sure he would have had the same success in Cleveland (actually, I flat-out don't think he would) and it would have essentially wiped away what was a very good draft for the Browns (those later picks likely wouldn't have been made, because we would have had to fill other needs with no 1sts or 2nds).

When all was said and done, the Redskins got a certified beast in exactly the right situation for him to succeed, the Rams are now loaded down with picks and young talent to become a contender a couple years down the road, and the Browns used those picks they would have had to give up to become what I think is a very talented young team that could do something in the next few years.
If you're the redskins you take RG3 without hesitation and not sure why you are including all the draft picks from cleveland and not washington's but alfred morris > Trent dancingson this season. And if I was cleveland I would trade for redskins draft board too.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #123
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
If you're the redskins you take RG3 without hesitation and not sure why you are including all the draft picks from cleveland and not washington's but alfred morris > Trent dancingson this season. And if I was cleveland I would trade for redskins draft board too.
What do you mean not including the skins picks? I went through the picks we would have had to give up to move to No. 2. Not sure what Washington's other picks have to do with that. And, give me TRich over Alf all day every day.

The numbers don't really even favor Alf and Trent has been hurt pretty much all season.

Alf - 11 games, 982 yards rushing, 42 yards receiving, 6 TDs

TRich - 10 games, 670 yards rushing, 289 yards receiving, 6 TDs

Total yardage and TDs are almost exactly even and Alf has played a full game more. Give me Trent six days a week and twice on Sunday.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #124
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought Josh Gordon was taken in supplemental draft? How does that affect anything in regards to trading for RGIII? I forgot how the supplemental draft works I guess whatever round you draft you lose that pick in the following years draft? Therefore if that pick was included in a trade you wouldnt have been able to land Josh Gordon? Clueless on this one a bit.

Trent Richardson is better than A.Morris. Lets not even argue that.

RGIII is worth the move up imo for the Browns. You get a franchise QB established and the pieces around it are easier to build around. Not like the Browns are winning now anyway. Chances are they will eventually look for that franchise QB. Good luck.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #125
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What do you mean not including the skins picks? I went through the picks we would have had to give up to move to No. 2. Not sure what Washington's other picks have to do with that. And, give me TRich over Alf all day every day.

The numbers don't really even favor Alf and Trent has been hurt pretty much all season.

Alf - 11 games, 982 yards rushing, 42 yards receiving, 6 TDs

TRich - 10 games, 670 yards rushing, 289 yards receiving, 6 TDs

Total yardage and TDs are almost exactly even and Alf has played a full game more. Give me Trent six days a week and twice on Sunday.

I'll take Morris 8 times over. Our OL just isn't that good and somehow he's still getting it done. You act like it's close when Morris has 300 more rushing yards and a far better ypc. We don't need to do little dink and dunk passes to our RB that don't take us down the field.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #126
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I thought Josh Gordon was taken in supplemental draft? How does that affect anything in regards to trading for RGIII? I forgot how the supplemental draft works I guess whatever round you draft you lose that pick in the following years draft? Therefore if that pick was included in a trade you wouldnt have been able to land Josh Gordon? Clueless on this one a bit.
That's exactly how the supplemental draft works.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:11 AM   #127
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I'll take Morris 8 times over. Our OL just isn't that good and somehow he's still getting it done. You act like it's close when Morris has 300 more rushing yards and a far better ypc. We don't need to do little dink and dunk passes to our RB that don't take us down the field.

RG3 opens up so much for Morris though. To make that bold of a statement about Morris over Richardson is a little insane in the membrane to me. (insane in the brain) Richardson's a monster and really isn't in the best case scenario right now.

Cleveland's offense is dogshit and Richardson's the only thing they have. Cleveland's a little easier to plan against than Rg3, Morris and co.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:11 AM   #128
Nanners
College star

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Morris is a great workhorse but he is not going to create massive plays on his own. RG III IS the offense.

It was bad enough last year when Cam Newtons rookie campaign blew my mind, this year with RG III.... it hurts my brain trying to comprehend how good he is as a rookie. mind blown x10.

Last edited by Nanners : 11-25-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #129
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
To make that bold of a statement about Morris over Richardson is a little insane in the membrane to me. (insane in the brain) Richardson's a monster and really isn't in the best case scenario right now.

How is it a bold statement right now? Morris is doing better and it's like he has some sort of great OL to run behind. Maybe Richardson will have the career (if you're looking past this year then I'd probably go with him), but for now this season, I'd go with Morris. Seems like Richardson is getting more love just because he was one of the top picks out of Alabama while Morris was a late round pick out of Florida Atlantic (and because of what RBs have done under Shanny in the past). He's impressed me a good deal, but the naysayers want to bring him down...

Quote:
Cleveland's offense is dogshit and Richardson's the only thing they have. Cleveland's a little easier to plan against than Rg3, Morris and co.

Our top 2 receivers have missed most of our games, and our offense has been about as bad as Cleveland's has over the past couple years (until this year of course).
Old 11-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #130
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats Skin fans, so far the trade was worth it. Raider fans, on the other hand...
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #131
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Seems like Richardson is getting more love just because he was one of the top picks out of Alabama while Morris was a late round pick out of Florida Atlantic (and because of what RBs have done under Shanny in the past). He's impressed me a good deal, but the naysayers want to bring him down....

No it seems like people with two eyes watched Richardson beast in college. He's the most talented RB to come out since Adrian Peterson with his combination of speed, power, vision, versatility. Agree to disagree but dont act like people say Trich by default as if they have no knowledge of how good he is. Seems that you are biased on your opinion which is fine and understandable. No one is bringing him down, just saying he isnt better than Trich.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #132
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No it seems like people with two eyes watched Richardson beast in college.

There's a big difference between college and the NFL. There's been a lot of players who looked great in college that didn't look so great in the NFL.

Quote:
He's the most talented RB to come out since Adrian Peterson with his combination of speed, power, vision, versatility.

Peterson went for over 1,300 yards with a 5.6 ypc in his rookie season, and the ol' 'Richardson is the only offense they have' excuse doesn't fly since Peterson was the only offense the Vikes had, too. Peterson performed, Richardson hasn't yet.

Quote:
Agree to disagree but dont act like people say Trich by default as if they have no knowledge of how good he is. Seems that you are biased on your opinion which is fine and understandable. No one is bringing him down, just saying he isnt better than Trich.

He is better this year, but somehow I'm the biased one... I could say you all are being biased because Richardson came from the precious SEC and was a high draft pick.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #133
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't feel like it is really a fair comparison, because having a really mobile, running quarterback does a lot for a running back and opens up things that may not be not be there otherwise. Trent has been the focus of our offense and, in the AFC North, that can be especially difficult.

The other thing is that Richardson is a complete back. He can run inside, outside, is a very good receiver out of the backfield and he can pass block. There is nothing the guy can't do well.

He's been hurt all year, even leaving several games early. Guy has toughed out a rib injury which would have kept a lot of guys on the sidelines. You can't just look at his statistics and base his season solely on that. Having actually watched every Browns game this year, I've been very impressed by him and feel he has had a great year under the circumstances. Scored his 7th touchdown on a beautiful run today too... And against the Steelers.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #134
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alfred and Trent produce about the same amount of yards from scrimmage per game. I would say that I think Trent is the better player. His versatility, namely his comfort catching the ball out of the backfield and his ability to pick up blitzes gives him the edge over Alfred.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #135
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Point is that RB's are a dime in a dozen... No reason to waste a #3 overall pick on a RB when you can't pick someone up in the 3rd or 4th round who'll give the same production.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: