Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #16
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Rubio Possible Torn ACL

The wolves were in damn good position for a late run before the playoffs too!!!! I hate seeing any player go down like that. best wishes to t wolves fans.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #17
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
buzz. kill.
Simmons!!! just posted an article today: "wolves will make playoffs barring a major injury"
Yeah, I just read that.

Minnesota fans can't win... They finally have a season filled with optimism and potential and now this... I just hope it turns out to be less severe than what is being reported. If it is a torn ACL, you are talking about a potentially career-altering injury.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC

I feel for you Wolves fans... I truly do. Hopefully, the team is talented enough to endure this kind of injury and continue on to make a playoff run... which it may be.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #18
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That sucks, just when Minnesota was doing so well too.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #19
plUto or bUst
I hit open 5-footers

plUto or bUst has an OK reputation so far

Sucks for Rubio. At least the injury won't take away from his passing skills. He should come back better than ever and maybe he can work on his shot while he is immobilized.
plUto or bUst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #20
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
If this is true he will probably miss most of next season as well

David West tore his ACL March 25th last year, and was ready to go at the start of this season. Ricky is much younger than him, I doubt he would miss even 2 months of next season.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #21
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
If it is a torn ACL, you are talking about a potentially career-altering injury.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC

I feel for you Wolves fans... I truly do. Hopefully, the team is talented enough to endure this kind of injury and continue on to make a playoff run... which it may be.

Baron Davis tore his ACL his freshmen year in College, and was still explosive after he recovered, it's not the career death sentence it used to be.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #22
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am quite hopefully it is not the ACL. I have a hard time deciphering that video. I can't quite tell if the injury occurred due to the lockup of his leg or from the contact with Bryant. Traditionally, one will not suffer an ACL injury from contact, but it does sort of appear that his leg hitched prior to hitting Bryant.

I must be honest, I was not too pumped about Rubio's arrival prior to this season. There was so much talk, hype, anti-hype, what-have-you, that I was just tired of the idea of him. However, I've very much enjoyed what he's done here with the Timberwolves thus far. I hope he's alright. If he's not, I wish him the speediest of recoveries.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #23
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I am quite hopefully it is not the ACL. I have a hard time deciphering that video. I can't quite tell if the injury occurred due to the lockup of his leg or from the contact with Bryant. Traditionally, one will not suffer an ACL injury from contact, but it does sort of appear that his leg hitched prior to hitting Bryant.

It looks pretty bad here:

No contact when it first buckled.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #24
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
It looks pretty bad here:

No contact when it first buckled.
You're right. Bummer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #25
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Baron Davis tore his ACL his freshmen year in College, and was still explosive after he recovered, it's not the career death sentence it used to be.

thanks for posting that. I feel less nauseous now.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #26
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Certainly not... The medical profession has made incredible strides in being able to repair what used to be a career-ending injury. However, there are still varying degrees of ACL tears and it also depends upon whether or not the guy has a body that responds well/quickly to treatment and rehab.

There are a lot of variables. It is just a sad situation if it is a tear. The best case scenario still probably includes missing time at the beginning of next season.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #27
strifed169
National High School Star

strifed169 is considered somewhat coolstrifed169 is considered somewhat cool

Rubio is the flashiest passer in the league not to mention the most entertaining, ****
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #28
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

i hate life. sports. everything.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #29
ballashotcalla
Serious playground baller

ballashotcalla has an OK reputation so far

Just too many variables involved with torn acl.

Really depends on how much damage there is inside (catilage, meniscus).

The biggest blow though is to the psyche. I hope he rebounds very well.
ballashotcalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

The more I watch that gif, the more my stomach turns. It just doesn't look good.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: