Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #91
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH Mock NFL draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
QB's always get selected higher but it's better to reach on a QB than a positional player. I don't think the Dolphins have invested highly in a QB since Marino retired.. They wasted a bunch of 2nd rounders on failed QB's(Henne, Beck, White, trading for Culpepper, etc) They have some vets on that roster and Tannehil can sit the year adjusting to the game. I also think he's a good prospect, being converted from a WR he must be fast/agile.

I mean QB's like Ponder and Locker were selected high and they look like good picks for the time being.
They do?

Selecting a quarterback that high can set your franchise back significantly more than missing on some other position. A franchise becomes invested in a QB taken in the Top 10. It will take a lot of trying and failing for them to give up and start over... And that, in itself, is an awful proposition.

If you are taking a QB in the Top 10, you better be damn sure he is the guy... The coach and the FO may have their jobs on the line if it doesn't work out.

Missing on a 3rd Rounder like Colt McCoy is one thing. Hell, some may even say that a good backup quarterback is worth a 3rd Round pick... Missing on a Top 10 QB pick is something entirely different.

I'm not at all sold on either Ponder or Locker as franchise QBs and Tannehill is far from a QB prospect good enough to go that high, imo. I just hope it isn't my squad that rolls the dice.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #92
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think now with the Rookie Wage Scale, teams will start taking QB's higher than they normally would have because it won't cost so much money to sign them, and won't be as hard to let go of them if they fail either.

Lots of QB's will be taken way higher than in the past in the coming drafts IMO.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #93
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
They do?

Selecting a quarterback that high can set your franchise back significantly more than missing on some other position. A franchise becomes invested in a QB taken in the Top 10. It will take a lot of trying and failing for them to give up and start over... And that, in itself, is an awful proposition.

If you are taking a QB in the Top 10, you better be damn sure he is the guy... The coach and the FO may have their jobs on the line if it doesn't work out.

Missing on a 3rd Rounder like Colt McCoy is one thing. Hell, some may even say that a good backup quarterback is worth a 3rd Round pick... Missing on a Top 10 QB pick is something entirely different.

I'm not at all sold on either Ponder or Locker as franchise QBs and Tannehill is far from a QB prospect good enough to go that high, imo. I just hope it isn't my squad that rolls the dice.

Ponder and Locker look like solid QB's especially Locker. I think Locker can be the best QB from the 2011 draft in a few years time.

QB's are the most important positions on the field and usually the best ones are drafted high. Almost all good QB's in the NFL are either top 10 or first round picks besides the few exceptions(Brady..) You get what you invest, it's as simple as that.

And yes it takes a while for QB's to adjust but usually by the 2nd or third season they start to become real good. And as for the browns, is this going to be Colt McCoy's third year starting? Don't you think it's a bit dumb for a organization to hold on to a third round pick like that? It's hilarious that they are wasting their time on a player like that
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #94
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

knickballer about to PM you my 2 picks in case I'm not around (more than likely)...

i'll add writeup when I'm on
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #95
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you all took my tackles so i took a de for the jets. Let me know your thoughts.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #96
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
you all took my tackles so i took a de for the jets. Let me know your thoughts.

Jets need a pass rusher pretty badly. I think that front 7 is declining pretty quickly and only good against the run. Harris is good, I think Scott is overrated and done, Pace is also overrated and not good at getting to the QB, and Maybin is just an average pass rusher. They don't get any pressure from the D-line so they addressed a pretty big need.

I'm sure Jets can find a OT later and sign a vet to compete for the job.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #97
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

If anyone wants a laugh, check this out...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012aprilfools.php

Walterfootball.com composed an april fools mock draft and it's funny as sh*t.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #98
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys: 14-Year-Old Pimply Kid
No, Jerry Sandusky isn't involved. The Cowboys are bringing in a 14-year-old pimply kid to help Jason Garrett on the sidelines.

"Jason's goin' to be a great head football coach," said Jerry Jones. "He's just beginnin' his journey. But he needs some help along that path - someone to tell him when to ice the kicker or call a timeout in a crucial situation. Why not try a kid who's been playin' Madden video games his whole life?"

Things aren't off to a good start for the newest member of the Cowboys' organization, however. Cameras caught the pimply kid whacking off while using binoculars to spy on Jones' world-famous cheerleaders. No one had any comment.

man I swear to GOD, at least 3-4 times last year I said "A kid playing Madden knows better than that!!!" after Garrett did something

great pick
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #99
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Why isn't Ballinhun make a ****ing pick..

Who wants to make the pick for the Bears? Whats the ideal pick here?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #100
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why isn't Ballinhun make a ****ing pick..

Who wants to make the pick for the Bears? Whats the ideal pick here?
Their OL is garbage. A good receiver would not be ridiculous, but more a possession than a speed guy, they have speed guys. A running back if you think they are shipping out Forte.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #101
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Their OL is garbage. A good receiver would not be ridiculous, but more a possession than a speed guy, they have speed guys. A running back if you think they are shipping out Forte.

pick is selected, dre kirkpatrick
Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #102
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

I'm not liking the progress of this draft.. Progress is extremely slow.

Can you guys help me by PM'ing the poster who is up to select?? I don' think we are going to make it out of the first round at this rate...
Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #103
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Slowest mock draft ever.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #104
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Slowest mock draft ever.

I'm trying...

feels bad man.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #105
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
I'm trying...

feels bad man.

Not your fault bro.

It wasn't this slow the last couple years
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: