Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 01-11-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation
Default Random thoughts

-I don't care how snakebit a season is, or that we nearly blew it, beating Iowa is still beating Iowa. Which means I'm happy for the time being.

-If Brian Randle plays like he did tonight the rest of the season....actually, screw it. I'm not getting my hopes up. He's shown flashes of awesomeness before and has never sustained it.

-I jumped on Darrell Arthur's bandwagon with way too much fervor early in the year. He's still really good, but me calling him KU's best player = very premature.

-Does it seem to anyone else that UNC, despite now being the No. 1 team in the country, is somehow flying under the radar? It's weird, but it seems like I rarely ever hear anything about these guys.

-I don't care if UNC, UCLA, Wisconsin, whoever else is put at No. 1, Florida is by far the best team in the nation.

-I said Patrick Beverly was better than Sherron Collins a year ago at this time. And now he is. (And that's no slight to Sherron. Beverly is just really good.) I said I badly wanted him in orange and blue. That was before Beverly's high school coach decided that sending Illinois his transcripts and having him visit the campus were just absolutely unreasonable things.

If someone would have asked me five years ago if it was possible for basketball recruiting to vastly surpass football recruiting in shadiness and absurdity, I'd have laughed at them.

Somehow, it has happened. I don't even know how to properly put this into context. It'd almost be like if a football program that was 13-45 the last five seasons, including 4-19 under the current coach, was putting together a Top 10 recruiting class, while the basketball program at the same school, which has been among the nation's elite under the current coach and has the second-most wins in the nation since 2000, consistently missed on all but a few of their top recruiting targets.

Oh, wait.

-This has nothing to do with sports, but I just ordered a shirt that has a picture of several Indian chiefs with the phrase, "Homeland Security: Fighting Terrorism Since 1492." My best friend has the same shirt, and since I have no shame, I decided I wanted it as well. Just a tremendously cool shirt.

-This also has nothing to do with sports, but I haven't shaved yet this week and I'm not sure why.

-Alando Tucker v. Tyler Hansbrough: who wins in a fight?

-Kevin Durant. I don't think anything more needs to be typed.

-The more I think about it, the 2008 Olympic Team's best bet is to send the 2005 UNC team or the 2005 Illinois team. Or the 2006 Florida team.

Hey, why not? We used to send a team of college all-stars and run roughshod over the world. Well, any of those teams were (and, in Florida's case, still are) damn near college all-star teams already, and they actually have team chemistry out the wahoo.

-Lewis Jackson, a 5'9" junior from Decatur (IL) Eisenhower, is the next Nate Robinson. Just remember that I told you that. (And no, he's not a future Illini. Or at least, not yet. He could be, but he's quite a ways off from making his college choice.)

Last edited by TheGame414 : 01-11-2007 at 06:52 AM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maryland vs. Miami was one of the most pathetic games I've ever seen. If your team can play like a bunch of drunken, retarded zombies for 40 minutes and still nearly win, then that doesn't say much for the other team. It sure as **** doesn't say anything good about Maryland, though. I thought last year when GW, GMU and GTown all surpassed Maryland was bad enough (with the exception of GTown, those teams should not have been on Maryland's level), but a home loss to a terrible Miami team is worse. When you lose to a team that Cleveland State beat by 11, then there's not much that you can say. Can we pretend that game did not happen? No? Well, **** you then.

Nebraska has about 400 recruits for next year. I don't quite know how they're doing it, but keep on doing it. **** the scholly restrictions, keep on recruiting.

Slowly, somebody's trying to get me to hate both football and basketball. The Redskins sucked, the Huskers' season kind of went down the drain, Maryland just lost to a halfassed team, and well, the effing Wizards are pretty much the only beacon of any kind of hope, but they're going to get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 01-11-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

Quote:
-Does it seem to anyone else that UNC, despite now being the No. 1 team in the country, is somehow flying under the radar? It's weird, but it seems like I rarely ever hear anything about these guys.

-I don't care if UNC, UCLA, Wisconsin, whoever else is put at No. 1, Florida is by far the best team in the nation.

Absolutely agree. NC is not #1 material and I think a lot of people know this and treat them that way. We know how voters vote in polls and the only reason they are #1 is because of their record. Look at the articles across the web and you'll see everyone still thinks Florida is the best.

I will add on that UCLA is my definite #2 also.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

State is going down next game.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Your mom's going down tonight. Ya know what I'm saying?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

My random thoughts are:

- Kansas freakin dominated Oklahoma St. A top 10 team got as bad of a beatdown as I can remember. When KU comes out to play like that no one can beat them, ask Florida.

-Kansas might be the best defensive team in the nation. If theres one better I'd like to see it. Collins comes in and scores, and robinson comes in and shuts people down. Mario Chalmers is by far the best player our team and one of the best in our conference.

-Cole Aldrich is playing great. Two nights ago he had 26 points, 23 boards, and 4 blocks. Can't wait to see him at the fieldhouse next year. He was hurt last year and everyone was down on him but he's playing well enough now he should be a Mcdonalds AA.

- The Big 10 and Big 12 are very similar this season. Very top heavy and weaker than usual.

-Greg Oden is still a freshman and he CAN be stopped and even disappear for parts of games. Its too bad it has happened against Florida and Wisconsin.

-Duke has problems. Not just Paulus. They just don't look like Duke teams of past seasons even with a team full of burger boys. Greg Paulus is a turnover machine and if Dook played Kansas I really believe he would set some kind of record for most turnovers ever.

-UNC is very very talented, but they're still very young. They look great now but I think consistency will be a problem when they really get into the grind of the ACC conference.

- Wisconsin looks good but they can be beat if someone would guard Alando Tucker.

- I think Florida and UCLA are the best teams in the country right now. Both should have trouble reaching Elite 8's this season.

- There is no one else really worth talking about at this point, good luck to everyone in conference play.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
dogman652
Serious playground baller

dogman652 has decent reputation

Random Thoughts:
-UNC Dont get that much media attention (ur right)
- Im boered
- Why do people hate on Oden so much
dogman652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman652
Random Thoughts:
-UNC Dont get that much media attention (ur right)
- Im boered
- Why do people hate on Oden so much

Because there are twice as many people slobbing all over his knob. So it's nice to see that he is still human.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: