Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far
Default Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

Good start. We just beat two terrible teams (Portland and Philly) and one team that went to sleep (Seattle). Did anybody watch these games? The Knicks are like the Harlem Globetrotters - they look great until you realize who they're playing against. Here are the standings in the East so far:

1. Cleveland 22-12
2. Orlando 22-14
3. Detroit 20-13
4. Toronto 16-20
5. Washington 20-14
6. Chicago 20-16
7. Indiana 20-16
8. Milwaukee 16-19
9. Miami 15-19
10. New Jersey 15-19
11. New York 16-21

Now, I think Cleveland, Orlando, Detroit, Toronto, and Washington have basically secured their spots with solid teams. And you know Miami and New Jersey are getting in somehow. So I ask, how are the Knicks getting into the play-offs when the east really isn't as wide open as people make it seem? Based on my estimation, the Knicks will be playing Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indiana for that final spot. Anybody feel good about this?
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanningShamgod
Good start. We just beat two terrible teams (Portland and Philly) and one team that went to sleep (Seattle). Did anybody watch these games? The Knicks are like the Harlem Globetrotters - they look great until you realize who they're playing against. Here are the standings in the East so far:

1. Cleveland 22-12
2. Orlando 22-14
3. Detroit 20-13
4. Toronto 16-20
5. Washington 20-14
6. Chicago 20-16
7. Indiana 20-16
8. Milwaukee 16-19
9. Miami 15-19
10. New Jersey 15-19
11. New York 16-21

Now, I think Cleveland, Orlando, Detroit, Toronto, and Washington have basically secured their spots with solid teams. And you know Miami and New Jersey are getting in somehow. So I ask, how are the Knicks getting into the play-offs when the east really isn't as wide open as people make it seem? Based on my estimation, the Knicks will be playing Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indiana for that final spot. Anybody feel good about this?

well first, I don't think Toronto should be included with the other 4 - cleveland, orlando, detroit, and washington are probably going to be in the top 5, along with the East winner. The "easy" part for us to bypass having to beat out chicago or indiana for the final spot is to just win the East, which right now we are only a half game out of if your records are all correct. Not impossible, and we are continually showing progress. Other than that, it is a little tough, but milwaukee is decimated by injuries right now (mo williams, michael redd, charlie V), so they could really fall out of "contention" pretty quick. I think we will win the East if things continue as they are now, so that should be our goal and then we're guaranteed the playoffs. Easy as that.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

There is more than half the season left.

If we stay healthy and now that the rotation is set and the cancers are gone think.

Most of those teams have peaked, what you see is what you get.

And if they have any injuries they are screwed.

We are just beginning to come alive like a monster hungry from a long sleep...
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanningShamgod

1. Cleveland 22-12
2. Orlando 22-14
3. Detroit 20-13
4. Toronto 16-20
5. Washington 20-14
6. Chicago 20-16
7. Indiana 20-16
8. Milwaukee 16-19
9. Miami 15-19
10. New Jersey 15-19
11. New York 16-21

Well for one the atlantic division we are in isn't exactly a powerhouse. Also if i stand corrected we have beat each of the "better" teams in the east. Also NY,NJ,Toronto only have a game difference in standings. Jersey might do some trading. They need help with those injuries. Toronto has alot of question marks, since the roster is relatively new together and have to understand their roles. We have gotten past the role issue. We also have Marbs playing within himself now since there isn't any distractions named francis around. Our key is to stay healthy. We are young now. We look good, not great but good. As a token whomever win the division is in. Hopefully we can improve our record and don't rely on that. But right now the Knicks look good. And for some strange reason Zekeand his dealings might, just might be making sense after all. He might be around just a little while longer. he sure have them looking fun to watch now and the Garden crowd is appreciating it. i sure do.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Lets be real

Why would u place Toronto in the same sentence with CLE,ORL,and WASH... The knicks will make the playoffs if we win da division..and i thinkwe will...Toronto is good but i dont see them being better then us in april...the knicks just got healthy in january..so your tellin me that the season is lost in january? cmon now....

Eddy is only gettin better
Marbury knows how to play now
Q is back with avengence
Lee is a double double everyday.

I admit i dont know Toronto too well but I dont see them beating NY and NJ for the division...If the knicks lose it ...NJ is taking it PERIOD.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far

Guys, you want to talk healthy and chemistry? The Raptors have two new players: Garbajosa and TJ Ford, two rookies: Garbajosa and Bargnani, and a player who just missed a month due to injuries: Chris Bosh. That team is solid, and they're only just now getting it together. I only brought up the standings now because we constantly talk about how good or bad the Knicks are/were when what really matters is how they match up against the rest of the conference. Cleveland didn't have Larry Hughes when we last played, the Detroit game was a fluke, and Orlando keeps getting better. I really think we'll be battling Indiana for that final spot, and I'm not too optomistic. Remember, we rolled off 5 straight wins last year around this time, so don't get too excited folks.
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Only being .5 games back in the division, and our recently good play, I think we'll win the division. Our rotation is solid, and everyone seems to have improved(with the exception of JJ, but what can you do), and Starbury is back.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is nuts. since when is winning a game a fluke? Everyone has injuries every now and then. If you build a one dimensional group that's too bad if someone falls off. there are no flukes in this league
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: