Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here
Default Blake Griffin's free throws

Are becoming a significant problem.

If he's supposedly hitting 90% of these freethrows in practice, I am positive it's not with the form he uses in game. Lately we've been losing close games that we shouldn't if Griffin is hitting 70-75% of his freethrows.

What pisses me off the most is that he's got a beautiful stroke. You won't see it on most of his jumpers because he's still got a hitch in his shot, but whenever he shoots from deep (which is very rare, like tonight), you'll notice his form is GREAT for a big man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...o87mY#t=19 7s

3:17 of that video shows you exactly what I'm talking about.

(The only reason he doesn't hesitate is because he's shooting at the end of the shot clock... but I'm thinking he needs to be shooting straight away more often than not. That's another topic for another day, but anyway)

Who is the person on the coach staff in charge of developing Blake's game? I know it's not VDN because the guy hasn't taught Grififn shit all since he's been here. Still plays awful defense, can't set a damn screen to save his life, and his jumper is still shaky.

Am I the only person fed up with this?
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blake Griffin's free throws

I don't know if its fatigue or lack of confidence, but if Blake continues to clank all his free throws, play inferior defense to Brian Cook and set screens like he's in Minors Basketball league at the rec center level (8-10 year old), something would have to give. I'm almost afraid to say that we might be watching Blake play at his peak right now.

Kim Highes would work perfectly with our big men, he did solid with Brand and Kaman back in the days and I really think Kaman would have been another Chris Mihm, aka crap, if it wasn't for Hughes and would like to see him work with Blake, but moreso Jordan.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 AM   #3
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Blake Griffin's free throws

Yeah.. Hughes would be nice. I don't see him ever coming back to the Clippers in an official capacity, not after Sterling did him dirty.

And to your first paragraph... I feel almost the same way. I'm going to give him another full summer with the coaching staff and make a full assessment in his contract year, which is where we'll be able to see if he's truly progressed past his rookie year.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: