Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #31
bigt
Great young streetballer

bigt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: T.J. Ford done for season. Update: He's retiring from basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
does anybody think that his inury(ies) could have been lessened if he wore padded under gear?

under armour makes compression gear with padding sewn into it....

I've seen the hip protection but do they make tanks with rib and spine padding?

I think they should..... early in wade's career...I predicted that he'd played 5 years max...because he got airborne in weird positions so often

I'm sure the guy has taken all possibilities into account, but when he's sustained the injuries he has, it's too dangerous to go out there. When he went down from the Baron bump it was pretty scary just seeing him laying there like that. You don't want to risk ending up stuck in a wheelchair
bigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #32
linZoMourning
Banned

linZoMourning has an OK reputation so far

sad to see about tj. it least he got to retire close to where he played college ball.
linZoMourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #33
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0hMrfg7qg

One of Ford's biggest moments I remember. Good luck in your future endeavor, TJ!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #34
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Love TJ, real class guy. Hope he has great success in future endeavors (hopefully being a coach).
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #35
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

T.J. Ford highlight mix
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #36
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I liked him, I think he was a consistant mismach for defense with his quickness, I always felt sorry for him for those injuries and that he didn't have the career he could.
Have a good time, TJ Ford.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #38
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat coolMiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat cool

tHIS REALLY SUCKS BECAUSE TJ FORD HAD A SOLID SEASON IN SAN ANTONIO BEFORE GETTING HURT AGAIN.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

tj was as good as they get. 4 straight state championships in highschool (something like 1 or 2 losses the whole 4 years)

beasted at UT.. then got hurt. ah well. ill always remember him from his sugarland and UT days with the cornrows and windmill dunks.

Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #40
linZoMourning
Banned

linZoMourning has an OK reputation so far

looks like hes joining the spurs front office??
linZoMourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #41
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #42
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
tj was as good as they get. 4 straight state championships in highschool (something like 1 or 2 losses the whole 4 years)

beasted at UT.. then got hurt. ah well. ill always remember him from his sugarland and UT days with the cornrows and windmill dunks.

I'm not familiar with the details of Ford's high school career but I do remember him being highly acclaimed, so I appreciate the info. I can't say for sure, but I feel like he made a few appearances in Ball Above All, throwing down some impressive contest dunks.

Maybe I'll see if I can dig them up to confirm.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #43
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember hearing about his spinal problems back when he was a Buck(first team). He's basically been dealing with a serious injury for much of his career.

I could see him being a good coach down the road.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #44
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I remember hearing about his spinal problems back when he was a Buck(first team). He's basically been dealing with a serious injury for much of his career.

ever since his collision with al forford (back in around 2008 i think) he has been playing against doctors orders. he was told that he should retire, but he got a few extra years in. hearing him talk about it, he seems thankful that he got to play as long as he did.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #45
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
ever since his collision with al forford (back in around 2008 i think) he has been playing against doctors orders. he was told that he should retire, but he got a few extra years in. hearing him talk about it, he seems thankful that he got to play as long as he did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1fySRESrE
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: