Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #691
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
So what? You are mad because you cannot counter my argument? Anyway Bill Self may as well make a run to the national championship game this year, but 1-2 years later he will be right back to his old self and losing to mid-major league teams again.

People can change but something's never gonna change. He was supposed to have learned all his lessons and ready to 'graduate' after winning that title in 2008, but then we see what happened in 2010 and 2011.

You have no argument to counter.

Two #15s won this year. Multiple lower seeds advanced to the second round. The nonsense that you spew about teams not being even "decent" and "awful" is just that. It's indicative of someone who doesn't understand that college basketball games, especially in a one-and-done tournament, are driven by matchups, not the name on the jersey. Nor do you seem to understand that the personnel changes on an annual basis, and your best players at the college level stay the shortest amount of time.

Now you want to somehow apply what happened with completely different players, in completely different years, against lower seeded opponents, to what's going to happen in the Elite 8 vs the likes of UNC?

And what in the world are you talking about "supposed to have learned all his lessons and graduate"? Probably the single dumbest sentence I've ever read.

Self has one less title than Roy Williams. As many as Tom Izzo. In 2011 his Kansas team lost to a team that went to the Final Four (the same year that another "mid-major" made the title game for the second year in a row).

You've got a hardon against Self. Wonderful. It has no basis in anything vaguely resembling reality or fact. The funny thing is, if you had any clue, you actually could attack Self's record of 1-5 in the Elite Eight. But that apparently wasn't included in the blog post at "Bill Self's A Choker.com" or wherever you read it.

Last edited by JMT : 03-25-2012 at 02:00 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #692
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i hope im wrong

but . . .

in b4 perry jones no-shows
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #693
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i hope im wrong

but . . .

in b4 perry jones no-shows

In the unenviable position of having to root for two teams I think are going to lose, Baylor and UNC. Can still finish 1st or 2nd in my pool; best chance at the big $$$ is UNC beats anybody except Kentucky for the title.

I'm really curious about Jones in this game. He and Acy should be able to give the UK frontline some trouble. He's still a much better athlete than a basketball player. If he's up for the challenge, this could be interesting. If he sleepwaks and stands around on the perimeter/baseline, they'll lose by a ton.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #694
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If they call this foul a flagrant? Refs need to be slapped.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #695
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quincy Miller beasting so far
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #696
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

quincy acy is a grown ass man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I'm really curious about Jones in this game. He and Acy should be able to give the UK frontline some trouble. He's still a much better athlete than a basketball player. If he's up for the challenge, this could be interesting. If he sleepwaks and stands around on the perimeter/baseline, they'll lose by a ton.

i assume you are talking about jones right?

i think, id say most agree, that its not that he isnt skilled, hes more than just an athlete, its just that he doesnt apply those skills and the athleticism on a regular basis. whether its lack of bball iq, lack of aggression, whatever, hes just doesnt apply his talents often enough

as an nba prospect, he scares the shit out of me.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #697
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man this sucks, Marshall out today, got no chance v. KU now. And no one has a chance against UK (hopefully I'm jinxing them here)
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #698
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
quincy acy is a grown ass man

i assume you are talking about jones right?

i think, id say most agree, that its not that he isnt skilled, hes more than just an athlete, its just that he doesnt apply those skills and the athleticism on a regular basis. whether its lack of bball iq, lack of aggression, whatever, hes just doesnt apply his talents often enough

as an nba prospect, he scares the shit out of me.

yes, Jones.

The problem Baylor faces is that aside from acy, Jones is really the only other guy that scares anybody when setting a screen. So when Jones goes to the bench...even if he's not been doing much of anything...they have little chance vs a long team like UK of getting a shot for Heslip.

I've said it many times in the thread, Baylor just plays dumb and soft at times. They've been able to overcome that so far. Not likely vs Kentucky.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #699
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's scary how good Kentucky is right now.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #700
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

Really is. Seen teams this fast. Seen teams this long. Seen teams that play as cohesively. Seen teams this athletic. Seen teams that defend like this. Seen teams this unselfish.

Just can't recall a time when they were all the same team.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #701
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

This just maybe their year. I picked them to win it all, as did many. I thought this was going to be a close game. I gave Baylor a shot at an upset.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist > Harrison Barnes.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #702
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

David, MGK, Jones, Lamb, Teague...all first rd picks if they declare.

Curious to see Kentucky recruiting class next year.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #703
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
This just maybe their year. I picked them to win it all, as did many. I thought this was going to be a close game. I gave Baylor a shot at an upset.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist > Harrison Barnes.

I did as well, but right now them winning it all only gets me, at best, 2nd place money.

Baylor or Louisville beating UK and a UNC title can get me first.

And yes, MKG is a better college and pro player than Barnes.

Jonse has been invisible for Baylor. Talk about not showing up.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #704
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
David, MGK, Jones, Lamb, Teague...all first rd picks if they declare.

Curious to see Kentucky recruiting class next year.

To quote the great philosopher Byrne:

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was...
Old 03-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #705
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Davis comes out and helps trap...disrupts pass then recovers to block his man.

I'll give up Iguodala and the 2012 first rd pick to any team that wins the 2012 lottery. Anthony Davis belongs in Philly.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: