Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Philly/Memphis Trade

This would have to happen in the offseason, if that's possible. But what about Lou Williams for OJ Mayo straight up?

It's a risky move for Philly, because they bring him in to be a starter and to play up to a lot of the hype he had coming in. He'd be there to be a big-time player. And they give up their leading scorer and bench leader in Williams.

For Memphis, if they don't expect to start Mayo next season, this is a great trade. Fact is he's not a great choice as a 6th man (tho he is playing well right now) and his head is not gonna be right if he continues to be one. In Williams, they get an ideal one.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Owl
Local High School Star

Owl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this boardOwl is popular on this board
Default Re: Philly/Memphis Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
This would have to happen in the offseason, if that's possible. But what about Lou Williams for OJ Mayo straight up?

It's a risky move for Philly, because they bring him in to be a starter and to play up to a lot of the hype he had coming in. He'd be there to be a big-time player. And they give up their leading scorer and bench leader in Williams.

For Memphis, if they don't expect to start Mayo next season, this is a great trade. Fact is he's not a great choice as a 6th man (tho he is playing well right now) and his head is not gonna be right if he continues to be one. In Williams, they get an ideal one.
Can't see why Philly would do this.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl

OJ Mayo just outplayed Lou Wililams about 12 nights ago. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=201 2022129 Philly pulls this deal in a heartbeat. Lou is a 6'1 undersized Sg. They come a dime a dozen. Not sure why the Grizzlies would though. Jrue Holdiay is overrated as muther*cker.

Mayo-Turner backcourt beast mode

Last edited by O.J A 6'4Mamba : 03-12-2012 at 06:18 PM.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lou Williams is a better player and has more value. No reason for Philly to do this. OJ Mayo hype does not exist anymore for Memphis to get such a steal and for good reason. He's been average at best.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl

Because OJ Mayo can be a starter and all-star. Lou Williams could maybe have a season like that, but he's more ideal as a 6th man spark...at least I think so. Mayo has the potential put up huge scoring numbers and be the guy. Maybe high risk, but also high reward...besides, Philly has a great bench.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No thanks on OJ Mayo for Lou. Lou is the kind of 6th man I like. Instant offense. Mayo? Not so much.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No thanks on OJ Mayo for Lou. Lou is the kind of 6th man I like. Instant offense. Mayo? Not so much.

My reason would be Mayo starting because I think he can be a great player.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Why hasn't he shown any signs of being a "great player" in almost 4 years now?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

That's become OJ is a starting guard. He will be by playoffs. Hollins is just trolling everyone.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #10
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Rookie OJ Mayo is a top 4 SG in the NBA this year. He is playing at a higher level per minute the last 2 weeks or so.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

He showed a lot of signs his first two years, until they started using him as a 6th man.

If Philly prefers to keep Lou, for what he is, I get that. If they don't necessarily wanna take a risk on Mayo, I get that. But Mayo has a lot of upside and is still 24.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Eh, with Jrue, Evan, Andre at the 1-2-3? OJ couldnt start here unless Iggy was traded. I dont see that happening. Not that I wouldnt want Iggy dealt.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
Rookie OJ Mayo is a top 4 SG in the NBA this year. He is playing at a higher level per minute the last 2 weeks or so.
Awesome. I love using a small 2 week sample compared to almost 4 years worth of results with little or no improvement. Rookie OJ wasn't anything good beyond being a solid shooter. I would hope any guard could score as much as he did when playing almost 40 minutes per game.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'm not seeing the upside honestly with OJ Mayo.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
I'm not seeing the upside honestly with OJ Mayo.
He hasn't given anyone any reason to. How many players really improve after past their 4th year in the NBA? Guys like Jermaine O'neal who were nailed to the bench early in their career or the rare one-off exception like Steve Nash.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: