Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #151
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official 2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I dont like the Eric Wright signing by TB, but guess he is better than what they have.

Way too much $.

Only guy I feel we overpayed for.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #152
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like WR Garcon, Morgan and (potentially) Eddie Royal for the Redskins offense. All three possess some explosive capabilities, run great slants and can get YAC. Important qualities for this offense.

If Royal signs, Santana Moss and Jabar Gaffney prolly become cap casualties.

I want to secure one of Ben Grubbs, Eric Winston (even though this looks unlikely) or Evan Mathis. Grubbs and Winston would cost a pretty big contract but LG and RT are the biggest weaknesses of the OL.

Don't wanna forfeit a bunch of dollars if it means losing London to Philly or someone I despise

Aaron Ross is coming to visit Friday. He's pretty decent but I don't trust his small build. Has good speed but would rather have a better option at CB.

Also, both safeties become a need because Landry is as good as gone. DET, NE, PHI and NYJ are looking at him and will want him more than WSH wants him back
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #153
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Way too much $.

Yea. That guy is decent AT BEST. Didn't see much of him last season in DET but I always thought of him as an alright number 2.

I'm glad the Skins didn't sign him or Vincent Jackson.

Congrats on getting some assets though. I like Freeman and hope to be able to root for him to do well and surprise some folks in the NFC South that are on Brees and Newton's ballzack

Last edited by ROCSteady : 03-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #154
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah you're glad the Skins didn sign Vjax and instead went Garcon. Shutup

Vjax craps all over Garcon. I'm so happy Eagles dont see that kind of threat twice a year.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #155
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Garcon is overrated. Washington will soon find out. Drops so many damn balls. And no one can say with a straight face they'd rather have Garcon over Vincent Jackson... c'mon now.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #156
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm also not a Garcon guy and I've been watching him first-hand since he was at Mount Union. He is a pretty one-dimensional receiver. The kind of guy that hits on deep balls or gives you nothing. VJax is 5x the player that Garcon is, imo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #157
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Way too much $.

I'm just warning you right now... Eric Wright is awful. I mean, he is really bad. He had maybe the worst season I have ever seen by any cornerback ever a couple of years ago for the Browns. Maybe he improved his game in Detroit, but he would have had to come a LONG way to deserve that kind of contract.

I think you are going to be massively disappointed. An old Sheldon Brown was 10x better than Wright. He can maybe play the nickel on a good team.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #158
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

I don't trust Vincent Jackson. His on the field play is impressive but he's a jackass and I'm not sure he would be the best guy to help a rookie QB feel comfortable with the huddle. He's been known to talk shit to Rivers and cry about touches. Basically another diva receiver. I think he's facing a long suspension too if he gets in trouble cuz of past transgressions with alcohol related indicents. Sure he's a superior physical specimen but he's a few years older and never been an ideal team guy.

I don't know how much he's set to make this season but Garcon's salary is pretty cheap this season at 2.9 which helps that bullshit the NFL pulled on us. The guy is 25 and has gotten better each season. He's a big play guy who I think could be kinda what Santana Moss was to us in his prime. Garcon was the third receiver I wanted but I think he'll do his job nicely and be a big factor with a pretty deep corps of receivers now. None are stud # 1's but Garcon will need to be gameplanned for.

Given what I've explained and the diff in salary, I don't see why it would be unfathomable that I'm satisfied with Pierre and not upset at Jackson going to another team in need outside my division

Last edited by ROCSteady : 03-14-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #159
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dallas signed the best FA in the NFL today

yes including Peyton Manning
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #160
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

Quote:
I'm so happy Eagles dont see that kind of threat twice a year.

Oh but you do, Mr. GOBBles Manydicks. Their names are Hakeem Nicks and Dez Bryant
Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #161
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dallas signed the best FA in the NFL today

yes including Peyton Manning

It's quite shocking that Dallas is actively trying to build a formidable secondary
Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #162
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gameplan for Garcon?

Like I said, thank you for not signing Vjax. A WR crying about the pigskin? Oh no, how long will it be before Garcon does that? Now that he is the "man" there.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #163
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Oh but you do, Mr. GOBBles Manydicks. Their names are Hakeem Nicks and Dez Bryant

Dez Bryant

3 catches 28yds 0 TD in the first loss
6 catches 63yds 0 TD in the second loss

Scary

Hakeem Nicks

3 catches 25yds 0 TD
3 catches 69yds (47 longest catcvh) 0 TD

Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #164
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm just warning you right now... Eric Wright is awful. I mean, he is really bad. He had maybe the worst season I have ever seen by any cornerback ever a couple of years ago for the Browns. Maybe he improved his game in Detroit, but he would have had to come a LONG way to deserve that kind of contract.

I think you are going to be massively disappointed. An old Sheldon Brown was 10x better than Wright. He can maybe play the nickel on a good team.

We shall see. This signing was kind of a WTF move so my expectations aren't very high to begin with. This by no means solves our secondary issues and I hope our FO realizes that and goes with Claiborne in the draft.

Regardless, I welcome him to Tampa and will hope for the best!
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #165
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Dez Bryant

3 catches 28yds 0 TD in the first loss
6 catches 63yds 0 TD in the second loss

Scary

Hakeem Nicks

3 catches 25yds 0 TD
3 catches 69yds (47 longest catcvh) 0 TD

Haha. You definitely gotta have good TE and RB play for catches against Philly that's for sure. That secondary is going to be even scarier this year as I feel Asomugha has a chip on his shoulder.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: