Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #166
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Official 2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Dez Bryant

3 catches 28yds 0 TD in the first loss
6 catches 63yds 0 TD in the second loss

Scary

Hakeem Nicks

3 catches 25yds 0 TD
3 catches 69yds (47 longest catcvh) 0 TD

Dont tell me you're purposely ignoring Victor "gimme the salsa" Cruz
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #167
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm also not a Garcon guy and I've been watching him first-hand since he was at Mount Union. He is a pretty one-dimensional receiver. The kind of guy that hits on deep balls or gives you nothing. VJax is 5x the player that Garcon is, imo.

Vincent Jackson is a beast and rare threat of size and speed but he's not gunna outproduce the guy as much for you to make a hyperbolic statement like that he's 5x the receiver.

Plus, Garcon is great at going deep as well as YAC when the ball is in his hands, closer to the line of scrimmage or far. That debunks being one dimensional.

I know ppl say he has a case of dropilitis but he's still very young and that can be worked on with practice and re-committing his focus in practice. I think Garcon is in a good position to improve, as he's done every year. Even with Painter slingin the pill. There will be a lot of room for him to manuever
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #168
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Please keep in mind folks that Jackson only shows up 1 out of every 4 games.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #169
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
We shall see. This signing was kind of a WTF move so my expectations aren't very high to begin with. This by no means solves our secondary issues and I hope our FO realizes that and goes with Claiborne in the draft.

Regardless, I welcome him to Tampa and will hope for the best!
I have nothing against the guy. The only thing that really annoyed me aside from his awful play was his total and complete inability to tackle. Remember that run AP had a couple of years ago against the Browns that was a total embarrassment where he threw the guy 10 yards out of bounds?

That guy was Eric Wright. And, I could have lived with it if it was just a matter of AP being too good, but that was his tackling technique for pretty much his entire tenure in Cleveland.

I just want to give you fair warning.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #170
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Dont tell me you're purposely ignoring Victor "gimme the salsa" Cruz

He brought up Dez Bryant and Hakeem Nicks.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #171
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dallas signed the best FA in the NFL today

yes including Peyton Manning

Of course they did...b/c he's a Cowboy now.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #172
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Haha. You definitely gotta have good TE and RB play for catches against Philly that's for sure. That secondary is going to be even scarier this year as I feel Asomugha has a chip on his shoulder.

Yup, probably because he was an undisputed top 3 corner in the league who never saw any plays made on him to getting b!tched and punked multiple times in Philthy. He played well second half of the year tho.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 03-14-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #173
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Ronde Barber will reportedly play another season.

He'll be great as a nickel back next to Talib/Wright/Claiborne (if we draft him). Heck, he was probably our most consistent defender last year.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #174
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He brought up Dez Bryant and Hakeem Nicks.

That's because they are nightmare matchup for anybody. I don't care about the stats you posted. Yea, three outta four games those guys were a non factor. Still doesn't mean they won't shit on your team next season and beyond.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #175
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I don't think Ronde is an ideal nickle corner. He'll get exposed against wideouts with two way go's.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #176
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

He lined up on the slot plenty of times last year. Yes, he got burnt a few times, but he was still our most consistent defensive player. He's not the Ronde he once was, but I'd rather keep him than see him wear another teams' uniform. He can still contribute. And this team needs vets.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #177
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
That's because they are nightmare matchup for anybody. I don't care about the stats you posted. Yea, three outta four games those guys were a non factor. Still doesn't mean they won't shit on your team next season and beyond.

All 4 they were non factors. Watch the games next time. No nightmares are had in Philly vs those two WRs you named. Keep making up stuff, like Garcon being a better addition than Vjax.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #178
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

There's a rumor floating around out there, Buccaneers trade 3rd Round Pick this year and a Conditional Pick in 2013 to the Houston Texans for LB DeMeco Ryans.

Texans are reportedly looking to move Ryans b/c they need cap room and have a capable replacement.

It is just a rumor, but I'd like this move.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #179
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
There's a rumor floating around out there, Buccaneers trade 3rd Round Pick this year and a Conditional Pick in 2013 to the Houston Texans for LB DeMeco Ryans.

Texans are reportedly looking to move Ryans b/c they need cap room and have a capable replacement.

That would be an excellent move. I'm still hearing that the Browns are hot after Ben Tate. It seems the Texans are looking to shake things up.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #180
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

No way that happens.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: