Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Manning may be on the verge of signing in Denver

Local word going around, no reputable national sources yet.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Manning may be on the verge of signing in Denver

please please please please please please
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Rumors are thread worthy now?
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When it comes to Manning? They are. Biggest FA story in quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

But you told us Manning was going back to the Colts!? Stop confusing me!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's working out for them right now, just saw it on ESPN
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I think he signs in Tennessee.

The Titans O-line of Roos, Hutch, and Stewart is going to be the best pass blocking team. Heck, the Titans have been one of the elite pass blocking teams since 06-07 and improving their interior o-line should help. Additionally it should help their run game because over the years their interior run blocking has declined since the loss of Mawae. Other than that they probably have the best offensive weapons as a group to put around Manning; CJ(should bounce back and will be closer to a top 3 back then what he showed last season), Britt(showing a lot of progress coming off injury), Washington(first 1000 yard WR for the titans in 6-7 seasons), and young pieces like Cook, Williams and Hawkins who can improve under a QB like Manning throwing to them.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I think Peyton should go with Denver.

That's the easiest path to the playoffs. Denver won that division last year, with Tebow. I'm a Tebow fan, but Peyton>>>>infinity>>>>Tebow.

Demaryius/Decker are better WRs than Britt/Washington
Denver D is better than Tenn D
The OL are about equal
Tenn RB are better than Denver though

The only reason why I think Peyton would choose Tenn over Denver is b/c he's already extremely familiar with that division and he has connections to Tennessee.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I think he signs in Tennessee.

The Titans O-line of Roos, Hutch, and Stewart is going to be the best pass blocking team. Heck, the Titans have been one of the elite pass blocking teams since 06-07 and improving their interior o-line should help. Additionally it should help their run game because over the years their interior run blocking has declined since the loss of Mawae. Other than that they probably have the best offensive weapons as a group to put around Manning; CJ(should bounce back and will be closer to a top 3 back then what he showed last season), Britt(showing a lot of progress coming off injury), Washington(first 1000 yard WR for the titans in 6-7 seasons), and young pieces like Cook, Williams and Hawkins who can improve under a QB like Manning throwing to them.

I don't want Manning to go to Tennessee.. I really like Locker and I think he has some great potential, I think he may be better than Cam.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

That's the easiest path to the playoffs. Denver won that division last year, with Tebow. I'm a Tebow fan, but Peyton>>>>infinity>>>>Tebow.

The OL are about equal

The only reason why I think Peyton would choose Tenn over Denver is b/c he's already extremely familiar with that division and he has connections to Tennessee.

The OL's aren't equal

Quote:
In terms of pass blocking, I'm not even sure it's debatable.

Titans: 584 attempts, 24 sacks allowed
Broncos: 429 attempts, 42 sacks allowed

Run blocking, Denver is much better.

Now I understand that the Broncos had Tebow who held the ball forever compared to Hasselbeck who knew when to get rid of it but even when the Broncos had Cutler as the QB their protection #'s weren't as good as Tennessee's. Now in terms of run blocking Denver is much better but the Titans are looking like they are addressing those issues.

Maybe I'm a homer but the Titans weapons on offense look better;

CJ, Britt, Washington, Williams, Cook in comparison to McGahee Decker and Thomas. Other than those 3 I don't know much of what they have other than them losing Royal.

Defensively the titans were one of the youngest in the league and gave up fewer points then Den. Tennessee was ranked 8th in Points allowed while Denver was ranked 24th. With that being said they were comparable in first downs allowed and total yards allowed. Additionally the offenses they played might have a factor with those numbers but to narrow down exactly how much impact would be impossible. With that being said it seems like it is a stretch to say that Denver's defense is better.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't want Manning to go to Tennessee.. I really like Locker and I think he has some great potential, I think he may be better than Cam.

Yea I really like Locker too which puts Tennessee in a good position even if they don't get Manning that is if Locker's ego/feelings aren't hurt. However, Locker seems very mature for his age and that is one of his greatest attributes in my mind so hopefully he can take this in stride either way.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Peyton Manning worked out for the 49ers!!!! Wow.

If Peyton goes there, I'm calling it, at least two Super Bowls for the Niners.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
please please please please please please

no no no no no no
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Limb "Wow, way to go out on me"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:

The OL are about equal

If Peyton is back to his old self, he can make average or below-average WRs into above-average. I think the OL is key, since he's always played with a franchise that ensured he was always protected.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:

That would be something... it could end up backfiring on them though. Imagine if Peyton really isn't anything of his prior self, and Moss just derails things.

Alex Smith just can't catch a break.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: