Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Make moves before the deadline?

You guys think we should make some moves before the deadline?
I'm not talking about Dwight, I'm already starting to accept that he's gonna be a Magic till the end of this season.

Should we take a chance on Michael Beasley?
What about Stephen Jackson?

Or should we just stay put for now and grind out this season?

Lets get some discussion going on in Nets Nation!
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Make moves before the deadline?

captain curmudgeon reporting in:

i don't see the point of adding players like that right now. nets are going nowhere this season, and you're not gonna know what this team needs until the dwight / d-will thing is settled once and for all.

having said that, i would entertain trade offers for hump. he's a valuable commodity and it's a miracle he decided to stay for one more season. but, you know, i wouldn't count on lightning striking twice. anyway, a lot of playoff teams could certainly use him soon, and if they wanted to give up a player with big upside to get him, i would at least listen.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

umm I am not sure for this, if we do not make a trade theres a chance we will end up getting somewhat of a good lottery draft pick.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
having said that, i would entertain trade offers for hump. he's a valuable commodity and it's a miracle he decided to stay for one more season. but, you know, i wouldn't count on lightning striking twice. anyway, a lot of playoff teams could certainly use him soon, and if they wanted to give up a player with big upside to get him, i would at least listen.

Yeah I dont think Humps staying another season, the Nets were so surprised no one offered him any thing after he averaged a double double last season (guess they thought it was a fluke). Since hes doing it again this season I can see him going to a team that needs a glue guy next season.

As much as I like Hump, I dont think hes a good fit for Dwight. I feel like we need someone that can consistently make that 10-15 foot jumper (Hump is really inconsistent in that area). Hes essentially been our 2nd best player this season consistently playing hard and rebounding like a beast. I'm gonna miss the guy.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
umm I am not sure for this, if we do not make a trade theres a chance we will end up getting somewhat of a good lottery draft pick.
This. Slogan: Howard or bust.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
As much as I like Hump, I dont think hes a good fit for Dwight. I feel like we need someone that can consistently make that 10-15 foot jumper (Hump is really inconsistent in that area). Hes essentially been our 2nd best player this season consistently playing hard and rebounding like a beast. I'm gonna miss the guy.
'tis goot point, ya. if only we could get a combination of the two 'types' of PF... the banger and the shooter. i mean, hey... kmart might be available again in the offseason! (not that his knees likely have much left)

maybe the best thing hump could do is to go to rob mclanaghan's camp that love, rose and westbrook have been doing the past two seasons. results have been phenomenal for all three, not least of which is raising their shooting percentages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
just that i'm getting really tired of the situation. it's like a long, drawn-out hostage drama in which the hostage-taker keeps changing his mind every 15 minutes about what he wants from the authorities.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hump is one of my favorite players to watch. He never backs down from anyone and he is a double double machine that the Nets haven't had in a while. He bring toughness to the team. I just really hope he stays for atleast one more season. We would have to make salaries work but Josh Smith is a young talanted player who the Nets can use going foward. Having him alongside Deron and Dwight can be very good considering they are all relatively young.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
'tis goot point, ya. if only we could get a combination of the two 'types' of PF... the banger and the shooter. i mean, hey... kmart might be available again in the offseason! (not that his knees likely have much left)

maybe the best thing hump could do is to go to rob mclanaghan's camp that love, rose and westbrook have been doing the past two seasons. results have been phenomenal for all three, not least of which is raising their shooting percentages.

just that i'm getting really tired of the situation. it's like a long, drawn-out hostage drama in which the hostage-taker keeps changing his mind every 15 minutes about what he wants from the authorities.
True. Just remember though: NJ had some talks with Portland like a few days before the deadline for Harris-Miller trade. The next day Harris is traded with Favors for Deron. You never know what's gonna happen. Orlando would be taking a HUGE risk not trading Howard.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Well I actually believe the next draft class is quite good, so we wont rot even without Dwight.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Well Howard decided to opt in at the final hour of the deadline in hopes of winning a championship with the Magic. Get ready to hear the talks again around this time next year. Hopefully Stern can give us the number one overall pick. Second overall works fine too, heck so does a third. It upsets me that months of the Dwightmare lasted for no reason. I guess he just wanted the attention. His loyalty is respected though. But it does seem that winning isn't truly his number one priority.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

So Gerald Wallace huh?
I always liked his play but we're getting a lot of shit for giving up that first round pick. I dont think we should have gave it up either but I'm guessing Nets management is sweating a little bit to surround Deron with some talent.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
So Gerald Wallace huh?
I always liked his play but we're getting a lot of shit for giving up that first round pick. I dont think we should have gave it up either but I'm guessing Nets management is sweating a little bit to surround Deron with some talent.
Well deron made it pretty clear he didn't want to wait for a rookie. Gerald is one of the best SFs something the nets havent had in a long time. Nets desperately needed a slasher too. I like the deal. Dwight proved not every star leaves for the big lights. Maybe same thing will apply for Williams?! Who knows. I like the starting lineup + bench after this trade.
Williams-Brooks-Wallace-Humphries-Lopez
Farmar-Morrow-green-Stevenson-Sh.Williams

Nets no longer have 4 Williams' though haha
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

the sad thing is, the next time howard changes his mind again, the nets and whoever else have to go through all this BS again.

must be nice to be an attention whore who never gets called out for his antics. sort of "the boy who cried wolf" without the regular ending...
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

I'm still upset that NJ was Dwight's second option. We were so close to landing him and then suddenly he changed his mind. The circus he created was ridiculous and yet again the Nets are screwed, and this forces Dwill to think hard about what he wants to do now. Obviously if he had Dwight he would sign with the Nets but now it's a mystery.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:58 AM   #15
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Well its definitely not a good move, but I dont think its bad either. 'Average' is perhaps the most appropriate word to use. Wallace himself is a good asset, and can be traded as expirer next season. Lets revisit the draft pick protection mystery. We win if we get top 3 pick, and we lose if its 4-14.

Truth be told, we cant tank lower than the Bobcats, Wizards and Hornets anyway. Even as the fourth worst teams in NBA, the chance for us to actually get a No.4 pick is quite negligible. This requires ALL three teams worse than us to get top 3. Knowing the history of draft lottery, usually at least two teams other than the three worst will get top 3. In this case, that pick is most likely going to be a 6 if we are the fourth worst team in NBA(assume we do not win lottery again, like how it screwed us in 2010). Not mentioning 'competition' from the Raptors, Kings and Pistons can easily make it even worse.

So you think we can get a draftee better than Gerald Wallace at 6? Maybe, but its a huge gamble at that point. Yes we should not miss a chance to get draft prospects like Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but are they really gonna drop to a 6th pick? I dont think so, it'd be better not to be a Yi Jianlian' type pick. We know Brook Lopez was drafted at 8, but anything below 3 is a huge gamble anyway. Cant expect to build around a draft prospect not in top 3 before the season begins.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 03-16-2012 at 02:13 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: