Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Talking about the emergence of Andrew Bynum

He's dropped 30 points more than once now this season. He's been great as of late. Can laker fans start considering him to be better than Dwight Howard?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Talking about the emergence of Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He's dropped 30 points more than once now this season. He's been great as of late. Can laker fans start considering him to be better than Dwight Howard?

If he wouldn't do silly things like loafing against the Wizards we could begin the conversation. Clearly he's on the way and has the ability but he still has much growing up to do IMO. I absolutely love the work that Darvin Ham has done with him on his footwork, I've been begging for someone to teach him.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Let's be real, Andrew Bynum has only been doing it this season, Dwight has been doing this for 5+ year, plus Dwight never had a major injury.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, I think the thing that worries Lakers fans the most is his health. While he's been good this season and those other injuries really were freak accidents who knows what kind of toll they took on his body. I think Bynum offensively actually has a few more post moves than Howard. I think Howard is a far better defender who can get up and down the court better though. It really sounds like Howard isn't going to be a Laker anyhow, so it's not something I'm even concerned with.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Yeah, I think the thing that worries Lakers fans the most is his health. While he's been good this season and those other injuries really were freak accidents who knows what kind of toll they took on his body. I think Bynum offensively actually has a few more post moves than Howard. I think Howard is a far better defender who can get up and down the court better though. It really sounds like Howard isn't going to be a Laker anyhow, so it's not something I'm even concerned with.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe needs to do the right thing for Lakers future

he's the only one who can control the breakout season
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizozain
Kobe needs to do the right thing for Lakers future

he's the only one who can control the breakout season

Uh.....can you please explain?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Uh.....can you please explain?
-Kobe Bryant is the leader of the L.A.
-leadership is about helping an individual or a group of people achieve a common goal
-both can be 1A and 1B
-Kobe can make sure that Bynum gets his shots
-Kobe Mentors Bynum

and more
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #9
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I think you can make a legitimate argument for Andrew Bynum as being the most skilled center in the NBA today, and therefore arguably the best center in the NBA. There are a lot of things that Drew does better than Dwight Howard, even though Howard is the most freakish athlete that the center position has ever seen. Drew is a very skilled offensive player, with an offensive game that I think is overall more polished than D12.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
I think you can make a legitimate argument for Andrew Bynum as being the most skilled center in the NBA today, and therefore arguably the best center in the NBA. There are a lot of things that Drew does better than Dwight Howard, even though Howard is the most freakish athlete that the center position has ever seen. Drew is a very skilled offensive player, with an offensive game that I think is overall more polished than D12.

Eh......ever hear of a guy named Wilt Chamberlain??????
Far, Far more athletic than Howard could ever dream of being.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Loving it Drew

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD FAITH

All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Eh......ever hear of a guy named Wilt Chamberlain??????
Far, Far more athletic than Howard could ever dream of being.

Easy now DK, Kkinchen is amongst laker brothers

He makes some good points. Bynum is better than Dwight in a lot of areas. Bynum has a better shot and a better combination of post moves. Today Bynum mentioned Kobe gives him a lot of pointers on footwork. Couldn't have asked for better advice from the best at footwork. One thing about Bynum too is that he is built for the center position. He's not as athletic as D12, but he's taller, stronger, and his lack of athleticism allows him to utilize other players as he has shown improvement in his passing compared to when the season first started.

Right now as a GM in Orlando, im saying "damn....Coulda had Bynum"
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Easy now DK, Kkinchen is amongst laker brothers

He makes some good points. Bynum is better than Dwight in a lot of areas. Bynum has a better shot and a better combination of post moves. Today Bynum mentioned Kobe gives him a lot of pointers on footwork. Couldn't have asked for better advice from the best at footwork. One thing about Bynum too is that he is built for the center position. He's not as athletic as D12, but he's taller, stronger, and his lack of athleticism allows him to utilize other players as he has shown improvement in his passing compared to when the season first started.

Right now as a GM in Orlando, im saying "damn....Coulda had Bynum"

Nah, I don't think that came out the wrong way......besides, I had Kkinchen's back when nobody else did, I always defended him from the previous moderators vicious attacks....I think he remembers that.
My comment was a tongue in cheek reminder about Wilt.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #14
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

On r=the other hand Drew is beasting it up out there. At this point I wouldn't want the Lakers to do a Bynum Dwight swap.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
On r=the other hand Drew is beasting it up out there. At this point I wouldn't want the Lakers to do a Bynum Dwight swap.

I'm not sure I ever did.

Go back and read my posts. Quote me.
I never wanted to deal Bynum for Dwight because Dwight is Dwight. He's not changing. Andrew can be the real deal.
Offensively, he has so much potential, it's crazy. He's also a legitimate 7 footer who plays defense, rebounds, and shot blocks.

He's younger and a lot bigger.
I love Andrew's game

I wouldn't bet my money against the idea that Bynum will be better than Dwight in the next couple of years
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: