Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #271
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike D Antoni resigns as Head coach of the Knicks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=144

I'm gonna quote myself

Again everyone says Melo Kills Ball movement, you have a coach that April 2011, says Melo should have the ball more, same coach 2012 makes Melo the PG of the team, and it's all Melo fault.

People are talking how last game when Fields was unable to feed Melo on the post, it was because he wasn't supposed to be there!! You got a player like Melo, in a mismatch with a a guy half his size, and the ball doesn't go to him because he wasn't supposed to be there? L O L
Are people really blaming Melo for posting 1 time during the whole game? Pretty sure we are talking about the same people that bashed D'Antoni left and right because Gallinari spent 90% of his time behind the 3 point line and did nothing else.
Asking right now: When the Knicks continue to struggle because Melo and Amar'e are playing like trash, what will your excuse be then?
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #272
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
I agree with most of what you said, but the fact remains that the offense with Lin running it was much better than the Carmelo-dominated strategy that started the season.

The Lin situation was very tweakable. Despite Linsanity, he wasn't a star player who had to be catered to. Lin would have gladly relinquished some ball duties to make the offense more diversified.

Pringles' only task was to find an effective way of extending the excitement of Linsanity, while integrating Carmelo and Stat back into the mix. He failed to do that, and got canned.

We'll see what happens from here. I think that Carmelo is out of shape, and has a lousy "me-first" attitude. He'll get a brief reprieve from the NY fans and media after the coach's ouster, but that's all. If the team continues to struggle, he'll be the next target.

Carmelo's best case scenario is that he gets shipped to Orlando in a last-minute deal for DHo.
And i agree with almost everything you said, i just think Amare gets to go first than Melo.

I love stat, but his defense is atrocious, last year he kinda offset it with blocks, he had game winners blocks, brutal... now he can't jump.

But yeah, Melo and Amare are next, it's on them. No excuses now.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #273
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

The real problem is Dolan. He has no clue about basketball, but actually believes he knows what he is doing. As long as he is making personnel decisions the Knicks will continue to suck.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #274
strifed169
National High School Star

strifed169 is considered somewhat coolstrifed169 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
The real problem is Dolan. He has no clue about basketball, but actually believes he knows what he is doing. As long as he is making personnel decisions the Knicks will continue to suck.

the last 4 coaches for the Knicks couldn't even break 40% winning percentage
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #275
whippyAU
I airball my layups

whippyAU has an OK reputation so far

Anyone think this will be the last time we see D Antoni as an NBA head coach?
whippyAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #276
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbozeubuen
About time this happened! Now Linsanity shall be revived!

No chance. If anything Linsanity is dead. Mike D'Antoni is a rare coach who is willing to give minorities a chance.

The NBA, where racism against minorities happen.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #277
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=144

I'm gonna quote myself

Again everyone says Melo Kills Ball movement, you have a coach that April 2011, says Melo should have the ball more, same coach 2012 makes Melo the PG of the team, and it's all Melo fault.

People are talking how last game when Fields was unable to feed Melo on the post, it was because he wasn't supposed to be there!! You got a player like Melo, in a mismatch with a a guy half his size, and the ball doesn't go to him because he wasn't supposed to be there? L O L
Are people really blaming Melo for posting 1 time during the whole game? Pretty sure we are talking about the same people that bashed D'Antoni left and right because Gallinari spent 90% of his time behind the 3 point line and did nothing else.

yep, melo can be a post facilitator because he can move the ball when doubled, but he is not a point forward. I thought it was weird that Mike was having Melo play point forward when I first heard he was doing that . . . but I figured I'd see what happened. It was pretty clear after a few games that it wasn't a role that suited melo. He is not nearly as good at creating for others off the dribble as Pierce and Lebron. He is a better post-up player than either of them, though.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #278
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Asking right now: When the Knicks continue to struggle because Melo and Amar'e are playing like trash, what will your excuse be then?

Easy---they're adjusting to a new coach!
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #279
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
Melo is the best offensive player in the NBA for you guys(Knicks Fans) to really say he is a cancer and a bum just show how much why I consider the entire Knick fanbase the worst ever.

You obviously haven't heard of the Lakers fanbase then.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #280
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bih
changing coach will do nothing for knicks

If anything, it will make them worse.
Linsanity is the best thing that happened to that overrated franchise this year.
The new coach isn't gonna play Jeremy Lin as much as DAntoni.
There is a chance that Jeremy Lin won't get PT at all.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #281
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
If anything, it will make them worse.
Linsanity is the best thing that happened to that overrated franchise this year.
The new coach isn't gonna play Jeremy Lin as much as DAntoni.
There is a chance that Jeremy Lin won't get PT at all.

New coach will want to keep his job and therefore will side with Melo, Amare, and BDiddy!
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #282
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

good riddance
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #283
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz

His press conference was so painful to watch. It's like he's thinking..."Let me say a few words and pronounce the guy's name right, and get back to playing in my band."

F*ck him
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #284
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
You obviously haven't heard of the Lakers fanbase then.
Nah, you mean the Kobetard fan base. Don't lump all of us in with those fools
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #285
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101

Damn you were right. It was Knicks by 40.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: