Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
pennstate73
I brick open layups
 
pennstate73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 106
pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far
Default Boykins and Hodges to Milwaukee

The Nuggets traded fan favorite Earl Boykins along with Julius Hodge to the Milwaukee Bucks for guard Steve Blake on Thursday, according to NBA sources. A major reason the Nuggets made the move was to get under the NBA's $65.4 million luxury tax threshold by season's end. The trade pushes Denver about $500,000 under the tax threshold, saving them from being slapped with a dollar - for- dollar tax for being over. The Nuggets also get an injured player's exception in the trade. Bobby Simmons is out for the year with a heel injury.

Blake is in the final year of his contract and makes $1.33 million, and is not expected to make a nearly $300,000 performance bonus based on minutes played. Blake will be a backup point guard

behind Allen Iverson. Boykins is making $2.95 million this season and Hodge is at $1.2 million.

pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstate73
The Nuggets traded fan favorite Earl Boykins along with Julius Hodge to the Milwaukee Bucks for guard Steve Blake on Thursday, according to NBA sources. A major reason the Nuggets made the move was to get under the NBA's $65.4 million luxury tax threshold by season's end. The trade pushes Denver about $500,000 under the tax threshold, saving them from being slapped with a dollar - for- dollar tax for being over. The Nuggets also get an injured player's exception in the trade. Bobby Simmons is out for the year with a heel injury.

Blake is in the final year of his contract and makes $1.33 million, and is not expected to make a nearly $300,000 performance bonus based on minutes played. Blake will be a backup point guard

behind Allen Iverson. Boykins is making $2.95 million this season and Hodge is at $1.2 million.

stop cryin u guys got rapped i dnt care about no salary cap...... salary cap doesnt make u win its players and u guys lost a good solid role player who has helped u guys atleast win couple games while u guys are short numbered on the roster
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator
 
wally_world's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dancing with Miley
Posts: 8,360
wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default

bad bad trade
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
pennstate73
I brick open layups
 
pennstate73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 106
pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
bad bad trade


WRONG......We picked up a good POINT guard in Blake... Without a practice with his new team he had an impressive debut last night. 13 pnts and 7 assists. Good defense... besides we were going to lose Earl at the end of the season. He was opting out of his contract and was looking for a 5 million dollar contract. and with the salary cap the Nugs would of had to paid him 5 million PLUS a 5 million dollar salary cap fine and HE AINT WORTH TEN MILLION.

pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #5
pmga
I airball my layups
 
pmga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manila
Posts: 50
pmga has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
bad bad trade

I don't think so. We have enough players who love to shoot like AI, Smith, Melo and Camby. So trading Boykins would give more attempts to the players I mentioned earlier because Boykins also loves to shoot. In Blake we get an okay 3 point shooter and a good passer. Blake is a better point guard than Boykins. Plus he hustles and plays good D.
pmga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:28 AM   #6
M.reddfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: riells-girona-catalonia-europe
Posts: 20
M.reddfan has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
bad bad trade

isn't a bad trade is a good guy in milwaukee he play well in few minutes every match he have good numbers is a well second point guard for a team a player who play 10-15 minutes in every game when the first point guard neeed so minutes of relax in the chair.
M.reddfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal
 
ILuvThisGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 585
ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far
Default

AI-JR Smith-Melo


2 of the top 4 scorers in the league come Jan. 22nd, why keep boykins around so he can come in off the bench and jack up shots and be a liability on defense
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:43 AM   #8
Serge
Great young streetballer
 
Serge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 378
Serge has an OK reputation so far
Default

After watching Blake I like him, but I still think we could have gotten more for Boykins. His value was up to after how he was playing.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
pennstate73
I brick open layups
 
pennstate73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 106
pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
After watching Blake I like him, but I still think we could have gotten more for Boykins. His value was up to after how he was playing.
they did. The got a 2.9 million exception that Milw got for the season ending injury for a player
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #10
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 212
PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default

Being a Bucks fan I was disappointed in Steve Blake, but it looks like you
got the type of player he was supposed to be here. What does everyone think of Boykins? or Hodge? I like Boykins so far, but Hodge hasn't made it
off the bench yet. What's up with him? He WAS a first-round pick.
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #11
pennstate73
I brick open layups
 
pennstate73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 106
pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk
Being a Bucks fan I was disappointed in Steve Blake, but it looks like you
got the type of player he was supposed to be here. What does everyone think of Boykins? or Hodge? I like Boykins so far, but Hodge hasn't made it
off the bench yet. What's up with him? He WAS a first-round pick.

Believe me he was a first round pick in error. His time in Denver was limited. He never showed any sign of making it even before he was shot. Remember not all first round picks are sucessful!

And Earl was a fan favorite because of the little man thing. But as much as they liked him, he would shoot you OUT of as many games as he would win for you.Will not pass he is a shoot always point guard cause he ain't a shooting guard!
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:38 AM   #12
Serge
Great young streetballer
 
Serge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 378
Serge has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstate73
Believe me he was a first round pick in error. His time in Denver was limited. He never showed any sign of making it even before he was shot. Remember not all first round picks are sucessful!

And Earl was a fan favorite because of the little man thing. But as much as they liked him, he would shoot you OUT of as many games as he would win for you.Will not pass he is a shoot always point guard cause he ain't a shooting guard!

When Bucks got Boykins I went to his first game cause the played the Sixers here in Philly first game with him he passed good.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #13
IBall280
Decent playground baller
 
IBall280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 378
IBall280 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Boykins and Hodges to Milwaukee

boynkins is a beast
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #14
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Boykins and Hodges to Milwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBall280
boynkins is a beast


Lets see what you have to say when he has one of his 4-22 shooting games. Looks like he's shooting 39% for Bucks
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 AM   #15
Darsh
Good college starter
 
Darsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boguts Hood
Posts: 2,125
Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Re: Boykins and Hodges to Milwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
Lets see what you have to say when he has one of his 4-22 shooting games. Looks like he's shooting 39% for Bucks

wtf.. what a piece of **** bump.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy