Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Random College sports rankings due to boredom.

Best All-time bball schools (Took conference dominance and post-season success mostly...not overall record so St.Johns won't be here):

1. UCLA
2. Kentucky
3. Indiana
4. NC
5. Kansas
6. Duke
7. MSU
8. Cincinnati
9. Uconn
10. NC St.
11. Louisville
12. Arizona
13. Syracuse
14. Georgetown
15. Oklahoma St.

All-time football rankings:

1. ND
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Nebraska
5. Alabama
6. Ohio St.
7. Oklahoma
8. Miami
9. Florida St.
10. Texas

Top College States (success wise)

1. California
2. Indiana
3. NC
4. Michigan
5. Kentucky
6. Ohio
7. Florida
8. Oklahoma

Last edited by i seen hippos : 01-11-2007 at 01:59 PM.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Arizona and UConn have pretty much only had success in the last two decades. If you're talking about "all-time," even with UConn's two national titles (on the flip side, those are their only two Final Fours) and Arizona's one, those programs are probably rated a little high. Not much, but there are a few programs who arguably should be higher.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

You have a point. I had trouble especially with Arizona.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Notre Dame as the #1 football team? Most of their NCs came before 1950. I'll take other teams that have done better after leather helmets. If you're going overall regardless of era, then how does Miami make it much less top 10? Minnesota has 1 more NC and 94 more wins. Tennessee has 229 more wins than Miami. Wins and NCs are contested from the earlier eras, though.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 01-11-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

football and no Penn St? come on
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Depending on the criteria you could make an argument for all of those teams over Penn State.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

Ok, the top 7 are inarguable so I'll look at the Miami, Florida St, and Texas.

Miami has won too many titles. Simple as that. Conference titles also even though it's not fair because Penn St. hasn't been a part of a conference for a long time.

Florida St. historically has dominated their conference more than any other team ever. Has two titles just like Penn St., but also has been voted as national champions many other times over the years by some of the institutions before the BCS.

Texas is tough. Texas has one more title and has been better historically.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:23 AM   #8
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

I don't know how much Florida State dominating the ACC, in and of itself in the 1990's means, in terms of historical relevance stacked up against that of other elite programs, and I was a huge FSU fan until about 2000 (when they were playing Oklahoma in the national title game and I barely watched because Illinois' Big Ten basketball opener was also on TV, I realized that though I knew Illinois always came first, I couldn't continue to be a fan of two different football programs).

Though Florida State was awesome, to be sure, and one of the two best programs of the decade along with Nebraska, the ACC was by no means anywhere near the same level as the Pac-10, Big Ten, Big 8/XII, or SEC. Or even the Big East, really. It was a fairly bleak picture after Florida State, with no program coming all that close to sustaining any extended run of national relevance during FSU's run, though UNC under Mack Brown flirted with it.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Oklahoma should be 1. Most wins since WW2 by any school.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

that's fine i guess....but it doesn't make them worthy of being any higher.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Miami a top 10 football school??? They almost banned the program because they sucked sooo much in the 1970's. Get them out of the top ten.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
Miami a top 10 football school??? They almost banned the program because they sucked sooo much in the 1970's. Get them out of the top ten.
jake check ur private messages
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Random College sports rankings due to boredom.

If Florida wins this year, where do they rank now? Same with G'town and Ohio St. as they would both have 2 titles as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: