Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #61
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Gerald Wallace to the Nets

So NJ gets no picks this year? Fvcking terrible management. Anyone watching Dwill's body language this year knows hes out.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #62
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

This is why I said with D12 Signing the Nets Would be set back another Decade cause they will Lose Dwill and there incompetent GM and Owner will F@ck up and Lose all there Assets they had.. The Nets are a Fricken Joke and in all truth I rather have Gerald Green than Wallace right now anyway..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #63
KingJames99
Decent playground baller

KingJames99 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
This is why I said with D12 Signing the Nets Would be set back another Decade cause they will Lose Dwill and there incompetent GM and Owner will F@ck up and Lose all there Assets they had.. The Nets are a Fricken Joke and in all truth I rather have Gerald Green than Wallace right now anyway..

Good call lol can't believe they are potentially giving up Kidd Gilchrist/Robinson/Lamb for Gerald ****ing Wallace
KingJames99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #64
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Why can't this dude stay with a team? I've loved his energy since he was a rook in Sacramento and would kill to have him in Boston. I don't understand why he's now been shipped out of town for peanuts twice in one year.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #65
KingJames99
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Why can't this dude stay with a team? I've loved his energy since he was a rook in Sacramento and would kill to have him in Boston. I don't understand why he's now been shipped out of town for peanuts twice in one year.

Peanuts are you fcking kidding? they are raping the nets, getting a pick which is going to be 4-10 in this stacked draft for Wallace.

Hopefully it's top 14 protected and not just top 3 but the nets are dumb.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #66
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Portland wants to build around Aldridge and Batum, so they were unlikely to resign Wallace in the summer (he probably gave indications that heŽll opt out). So instead of losing Wallace for nothing in the summer they get a 2012 1st rounder top 3 protected and unprotected any other year ( I assume).

Now if you wonder why the Nets gave away a very high lottery pick for a 20 game rental, since they could have signed Wallace outright in the summer, youŽll be my guest. That was a horrendous panic move.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #67
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJames99
Peanuts are you fcking kidding? they are raping the nets, getting a pick which is going to be 4-10 in this stacked draft for Wallace.

Hopefully it's top 14 protected and not just top 3 but the nets are dumb.

They got a pick and filler garbage, one guy who was contemplating retirement last spring. I know everybody fawns over picks but they're not a sure thing, even in a draft stacked with talent. You could wind up with a Kyrie Irving or you could be stuck with a Jonny Flynn.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #68
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Nets looked like the geniuses of the league, instead they are the retarded kid in the corner of your younger brother's 3rd grade class room with a dunce cap of the league.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #69
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Portland wants to build around Aldridge and Batum, so they were unlikely to resign Wallace in the summer (he probably gave indications that heŽll opt out). So instead of losing Wallace for nothing in the summer they get a 2012 1st rounder top 3 protected and unprotected any other year ( I assume).

Now if you wonder why the Nets gave away a very high lottery pick for a 20 game rental, since they could have signed Wallace outright in the summer, youŽll be my guest. That was a horrendous panic move.

Oh, I absolutely don't get the trade from New Jersey's perspective either. I just think Wallace's value to a team is being seriously, seriously underrated here. He was one of the primary reasons that Charlotte team even made the playoffs a couple years back.

I figured he was unhappy in Portland and would leave, but I also figured Portland could potentially get more pieces back with picks. Something tangible that they could put to work right away and possibly salvage what's left of their downward spiral of a season.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #70
kidd2dwill
I brick open layups

kidd2dwill has decent reputation

i still cant believe im rooting for Nets
kidd2dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #71
KingJames99
Decent playground baller

Quote:
They got a pick and filler garbage, one guy who was contemplating retirement last spring. I know everybody fawns over picks but they're not a sure thing, even in a draft stacked with talent. You could wind up with a Kyrie Irving or you could be stuck with a Jonny Flynn.

You kidding? lol so you would give up Kidd-Gilchrist for Gerrald Wallace?

Anyway i agree with you about shipping him around like he is a scrub but they aren't getting peanuts for him, Charlotte did tho when they traded him last year.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #72
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
It's the 2012 Pick, protected only for Top 3. I'm sorry that's just idiotic...

omg wtf kinda trade is that!!!!????!!!????

Are you shitting me? You guys could have had so much more for that shit.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #73
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a really good deal for the Blazers.

I love Wallace but getting a first rounder is good.

The fact that it's only top 3 protected is incredibly dumb by the Nets, they're probably going to end up with the 5th or 6th pick, therefore the Blazers get a top 10 pick for Gerald, great move.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #74
KingJames99
Decent playground baller

Yeah it's a great move by the blazers if they pull it off this should give them 2 lottery picks in a stacked draft.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #75
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ugh, Gerald Wallace just can't be on a good team
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: