Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #121
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Gerald Wallace to the Nets

I want Billy King to explain to me why he did this. Like right now.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #122
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Sad day for us Net Fans
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #123
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yeah, I don't understand it for the Nets, but I'm happy the Blazers may have a chance to rebuild.

Aldridge, Batum, Matthews. Aldridge has to improve the rebounding, but I love him. And not only is he a 1st option, but you can go thru him. That's a great trio. They have to draft a center. Either that or they can sign Chris Kaman, who I think would do so well next to Aldridge.

Their push next year will be serious if it's handled right and they have the right coach.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #124
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
Wtf?? The draft pick was the only thing I was looking forward to this year so we could have a solid back up plan if Deron leaves.
Keeping that pick and keeping the roster the way it was without a significant improvement(Wallace) garuantees Williams leaving. This gives him a solid team to work with now and hopefully in the future.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #125
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Trade official, confirmed by Nets now: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9443
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #126
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Keeping that pick and keeping the roster the way it was without a significant improvement(Wallace) garuantees Williams leaving. This gives him a solid team to work with now and hopefully in the future.

There is a really strong draft class this year so I really hope you're right and the pick doesn't come back to haunt us.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #127
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
There is a really strong draft class this year so I really hope you're right and the pick doesn't come back to haunt us.

Huge risk by NJN. If Deron stays? I'd say whatever to the draft pick and assume by getting Gerald Wallace as one of many things it kept Deron in town. If Deron bolts? I laugh until my sides hurt.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #128
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Kentucky Boys, Unibrow and MKG are the only guys that are worth it for the Nets.

So, for ya'll sakes, hope that Portland doesn't end up with one of them lol. Other than that, I think Wallace is the better choice...and the only reason I'd like MKG so much is cuz he's from Elizabeth. Cuz Anthony Davis alongside Brook Lopez is so perfect it can't be explained...

BUT...if your record nets a top 3 pick, Portland can't use it...if not, you obviously can't get Davis. So...unless you want the hometown boy that bad, this is good.

The only real bad is that Wallace could have opted out and you could have offered him the same contract in the Summer, without losing the pick. But having Wallace is more likely than not better than the pick...I feel.

For Portland, the absolute opposite.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #129
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wait this pick is lottery protected? Explain. I havent read any news on the deal. Just going by sticky headers.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #130
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wait this pick is lottery protected? Explain. I havent read any news on the deal. Just going by sticky headers.
If it falls into the top 3, it remain's our's. After the top 3, which mean's 4 and up it will be there's if the pick is not a top 3 pick.

Proky just pay a couple Mills for a top 3 pick
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #131
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
If it falls into the top 3, it remain's our's. After the top 3, which mean's 4 and up it will be there's if the pick is not a top 3 pick.

Thats cool. I dont care for the Nets but I'd rather them land a top 3 pick than Charlotte, Wash, Sacremento.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #132
D12"Magic"
College superstar

We still have Houston's protected pick, if we can land Q-Miller and some that may be sleeper's, I wouldn't feel as bad.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #133
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
We still have Houston's protected pick, if we can land Q-Miller and some that may be sleeper's, I wouldn't feel as bad.

You need to get a PF. Preferably one who can rebound.

If Houston doesn't make the playoffs, that means they have a top 14 pick tho. Isn't that as far as it's protected? Just warning ahead of time, because I don't think they're gonna make the playoffs.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #134
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Nets better start to pray for a top3 pick... just like they have been praying that D-Will doesn't bolt.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #135
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I don't get it.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: