Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 03-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #46
linZoMourning
Banned

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: GS trade SJax To Spurs for Richard Jefferson + 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
Rockets might offer Fisher a buyout. Wouldn't mind having him as backup pg. We could give him a spot like we did to Horry

lakers would be so pissed
linZoMourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #47
linZoMourning
Banned

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: GS trade SJax To Spurs for Richard Jefferson + 1st

Stephen Jackson ‏ @DaTrillStak5
Back where I belong. SA here I come. #hungry #readytoball

cant wait!!!

Mo Elzaim ‏ @Signandtrades
@talkhoops Stephen Jackson hasn't arrived in SA yet, but he has already mentioned the word "extension" three times
Retweeted by Zach Harper

hahahahaha
linZoMourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #48
toxicxr6
Local High School Star

I'm a die hard spurs fan.. I'm not 100% sure about this.

There were two areas that I thought the spurs needed to seriously address.
1. Back up pg.... Desperate here.. The have Neal and manu who have good handles but are much better at sg. Spurs needed a pg that can play 10-15 mins.

2. A quality defensive big man. Blair can be handy depending on match ups. If the math ups are bad.. This guy is useless. Bonner is inconsistant.. The only thing he has consistancy as is hitting open 3's in the regular season and his inability to defend. Duncan and tiago are not enough if spurs draw finals series against a big front court.. Where the west is loaded with these.

Now to the trade...

RJ although underachieving was still our starting SF. I expect now leonard and green to share significant minutes here.. But if they were better options they would have been starting over RJ already.. They weren't.. So SF can be thin now.

Now at SG.. Manu/sjax/Neal.. Are they ment to share minutes? I mean that is
Too stacked.. I want them all on the floor but that won't happen..

Maybe Neal moves over to pg alot more... I don't like that anyways.. Guy shoots the ball as good as anyone.. Alot less catch and shoot for him which sucks.

Jackson has not been focused at all this season. Now he has to be.. Lacking game time too isn't good.

Spurs probably have the best backcourt rotation in the league by far now. Question though is it enough to cover the holes that still exist in their roster. Hopefully there is a buyout they can pounce on.
toxicxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #49
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Good trade for GS. Jefferson is a pro's pro, although he is in decline. Got a first round pick to help rebuild the roster. Jefferson at least will make an effort on defense and has size.

And he is under contract, so he has to stay in GS.

Good trade for the Spurs - better scorer in Jax; he should be happy competing with a winning team. And he is an expirer next year, so they can trade him next season if he is a problem.

And the Spurs can save their amnesty on another player.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #50
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Leonard, Jackson, Manu, Green, Parker, Neal...6 man rotation for the perimeter. All of them good players.

Splitter is 6'11 but not a center. Duncan, Blair, Splitter...if anything, that's where they're weak. But they're much better now.

Leonard is starting next year.

Tho Jefferson for 2 more years in Golden State...we'll see. At least they got a pick.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #51
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

He wouldn't sh!t worse than RJ in the playoffs even if he try that on purpose.

It can look like a gamble but probably it will pay well. It's a good move by Spurs.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #52
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Great trade for the Spurs damnit Gotta keep an eye on them now.

LMAO if Fisher ends up there......take him Spurs......please, so we can laugh at you.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #53
toxicxr6
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Great trade for the Spurs damnit Gotta keep an eye on them now.

LMAO if Fisher ends up there......take him Spurs......please, so we can laugh at you.

Maybe a little payback for the 0.4 would be nice..
toxicxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #54
SacJB Shady
College superstar

What are you guys talking about? Jax also plays the small forward and when he was on GS he was playing power forward some of the time. The guy is listed at 6-8.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #55
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicxr6
I'm a die hard spurs fan.. I'm not 100% sure about this.

There were two areas that I thought the spurs needed to seriously address.
1. Back up pg.... Desperate here.. The have Neal and manu who have good handles but are much better at sg. Spurs needed a pg that can play 10-15 mins.

2. A quality defensive big man. Blair can be handy depending on match ups. If the math ups are bad.. This guy is useless. Bonner is inconsistant.. The only thing he has consistancy as is hitting open 3's in the regular season and his inability to defend. Duncan and tiago are not enough if spurs draw finals series against a big front court.. Where the west is loaded with these.

Now to the trade...

RJ although underachieving was still our starting SF. I expect now leonard and green to share significant minutes here.. But if they were better options they would have been starting over RJ already.. They weren't.. So SF can be thin now.

Now at SG.. Manu/sjax/Neal.. Are they ment to share minutes? I mean that is
Too stacked.. I want them all on the floor but that won't happen..

Maybe Neal moves over to pg alot more... I don't like that anyways.. Guy shoots the ball as good as anyone.. Alot less catch and shoot for him which sucks.

Jackson has not been focused at all this season. Now he has to be.. Lacking game time too isn't good.

Spurs probably have the best backcourt rotation in the league by far now. Question though is it enough to cover the holes that still exist in their roster. Hopefully there is a buyout they can pounce on.

Agreed. I'm not sure about this deal.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #56
JustinJDW

Awesome trade. Captain Jack is back. Now lets just get Boris Diaw and we're ready to win a Champinoship.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #57
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Captain Jack fits veteran ball clubs like the Spurs, Lakers, Mavs, ect... He just doesnt mesh well with young teams.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #58
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

To those saying RJ wasn't expendable... Kawhi has played better than him for most of the season. It was already well known by Spurs fans that we have our SF of the future a couple games into the season. This kid is long as hell, great defender, and has been showing incredible unexpected offensive stints. What RJ brought to the table is easily replaceable by young players on the team. Not to mention we no longer have him as a defensive liability. Stephen Jackson seems really enthusiastic about coming back, and when he tries he's a huge upgrade over Jefferson defensively and offensively.

Many are saying Jackson is tied down to the shooting guard spot, but he will see alot of SF. I would really love to see Kawhi and Jackson start together. Gives us alot of length on the perimeter which also helps out Blair and Bonner when they are in the game.

The bottom line is from tweets and such S-Jax seems ecstatic, saying he's back "where he's meant to be". This is the best shot he's had since leaving the Spurs really.

As for big men, the Spurs will pursue Diaw and Kaman pending buyouts. But for those saying Tiago+Duncan isn't enough, we just came off a big win last night against the league's best big man. These two can anchor the defense when in the game by themselves. Imagine when they actually start playing together.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #59
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
What are you guys talking about? Jax also plays the small forward and when he was on GS he was playing power forward some of the time. The guy is listed at 6-8.

He was a SF playing Nelly ball. Nelly played Azubuike at PF for a good stretch during the 09 season too. What Nelly does with players and positions is unorthodox in many ways. Most coaches don't play like that.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #60
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
He was a SF playing Nelly ball. Nelly played Azubuike at PF for a good stretch during the 09 season too. What Nelly does with players and positions is unorthodox in many ways. Most coaches don't play like that.

You must not watch the Spurs.
A lot of small ball.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: