Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #181
FindingTim
National High School Star

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: 3 way deal between Clips, Wizards, and Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Dont worry, some vet is gonna whip Nick Young into shape and his IQ will rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
The ultimate ISH myth.

CP3 changes attitudes, I'm telling ya. If Young comes in and selfishly chucks it won't last long--- Clips have an identity now and they won't stand for that shit.

honestly I LOVE this trade it makes me all warm and happy inside. Dude is a shooting guard with serious talent, if he improves his b-ball IQ, this not only gives LAC the guard they need for this season, but a nice young core moving forward (CP3, Bledsoe, Young, Blake, DeAndre)
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #182
Clippersfan86
Banned

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: 3 way deal between Clips, Wizards, and Nuggets

Tim they don't count intangibles like leadership. You guys honestly believe the Wizards just happened to have 10 really low IQ players? No. It's because it trickles down. Young will be much less of a bonehead playing next to high IQ players like CP3 and Griffin.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #183
Darius
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Nikc Young may not suddenly have a good IQ but with a leader like CP3 commanding the court and teammates I doubt he will screw up as much.

I think Nick Young will def. help the Clips but I'm not expecting miracles... players don't often change in this league.

CP3 will get him the ball in better positions to score so hopefully that will help his sh:t FG%.

I think, overall, the Clips are a good fit for him because they don't need him to create offense (which would require the ball in his hands... briefly before he shoots it).

As for Denver... I get them wanting to dump a contract... but Cs are always overpaid in this league...
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #184
Whoah10115
Linja Status

The Clippers gave up nothing for this guy. They either sit him and got rid of Cook and a 2nd round pick (wah wah) for nothing or they have a potentially good player...who can potentially be better than that.

When you have a lot of stupid players on your team, you have to give them up for nothing...but since Denver gave Nene that contract (with all their depth) they didn't get equal value...but he's a good guy, he's Brazilian, he wears a pirate-sized gold hoop earring, and he is going to fit in Washington...I'm going to go to DC this weekend, got nothing to do. I'll catch a game maybe.

Denver...potentially they could have a serious center in McGee.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 03-15-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #185
FindingTim

kind of unrelated: but DeAndre has pulled off some ferocious/skilled post moves lately. The shots haven't all fallen but the moves were there. It's been quite shocking, frankly.

I think CP3 looked him in the eye and said, "Son- you are freakishly long and freakishly athletic. Much less gifted players like Jefferson and Scola score twice as much as you. It's time to go to work- PUNISH THEM!"

p.s. just realized we got rid of Cook, I was focused on Nick Young. Jeez this is too good. Cook is a bum.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #186
yanix
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Nuggets/Wizards Trade; Nene to Washington

wow
denver worked so hard to try to acquire Nene at the off-season, now they trade him with McGee
yanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #187
Clippersfan86
Banned

Shedding Cook was a big win in itself.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #188
FindingTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanix
wow
denver worked so hard to try to acquire Nene at the off-season, now they trade him with McGee

hey man don't hate, McGee could become the next Chris Andersen!!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #189
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

So you give Nene the contract in the offseason and not even a full season goes by trades him because the contract is awful? And in return you get an awfully dumb player in McGee who is going to command Nene money if not more this offseason?

You dont get the hate tho right? Ok. Carry on.

I totally get the hate for giving him that contract in the first place. But erasing that mistake is a good move.

Yes, if McGee asks for more than 6million a season? You let his punk ass walk out the door. It doesn't matter. (not getting into the fact that he's not even really worse than Nene) You just got rid of a player who gets you a little over 10 points a game, who gets humiliated on the glass every single game, who gets outhustled every single game, who plays no defense and who still has 60 million dollars left on his deal.

How is that not good?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #190
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Nick Young for Brian Cook and a 2nd rounder? LMAO Clippers just pulled the steal of the century.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #191
AMISTILLILL
Banned

It floors me that Denver went through the effort to coax Nene into resigning, which effectively killed Houston's chance at contending for the next few years. Imagine if Nene went to Houston. Gasol would probably be in a Rockets jersey right now and Houston would be planted firmly behind the Clippers in the western conference.

The western conference landscape would look drastically different if Denver hadn't trolled Nene into signing that contract. The Rockets, Lakers, and Nuggets all would be changed.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #192
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Shedding Cook was a big win in itself.
? he was expiring anyway lol
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #193
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanix
wow
This is a genius move.
They could have lost him for nothing.
Their front court is deep even without Nene, who is almost 30 by the way.
They only lose some scoring but Ty and Gallo will get more chances.
They can develop Faried. And they get room for Wilson.
It's a long sighted move. They know they won't go far in the playoffs this year anyways, it's good for the future.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #194
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
? he was expiring anyway lol

Yea true but utterly worthless.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #195
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

I think Nick will do well for the Clips. He takes a lot of tough shots for the Wizards because..

a) he has been somewhat selfish this year trying to put up numbers to get a new deal.
b) they have so few offensive options.

He is a better shooter than people realize, and he can create his own shot at the end of the clock. His jumper is very hard to block.

He is a good man defender too although not a great team defender. Making good decisions isn't part of the Nick Young package. However he is a tough guy to beat 1 on 1 off the dribble.

I have thought all year that the Clips were the perfect team for him. I will be rooting for him to do well there.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: