Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #46
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Portland Fires Coach Nate McMillan

Kevin Pritchard said Canales used to sleep at the practice facility in case a player wanted to work on his game in the middle of the night.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #47
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
McMillan has been a solid coach over the years, but IMO it was time to let him go, so I'm glad they did. Many thanks and best of luck to him.

His fault was that he would only let his team play the way he wants them to play.. he did not utilize some players as well as they could have been because of that.

Absolutely from an outside perspective it's a WTF but NATE SUCKED BALLS. Overrated is all I can say, he had zero flexibility as a coach and tried to force his style no matter what players he had to adjust to. Good riddance. Go coach another team to another boring first round loss.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #48
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Kevin Pritchard said Canales used to sleep at the practice facility in case a player wanted to work on his game in the middle of the night.

I think it is also a situation where Canales would be better than Bickerstaff at evaluating for the future, and Bernie may want to coach again in the future, so having him bumped to head coach in a tank season is really doing him a disservice.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #49
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

Nate McMillan is a good coach. Portland is dumb to get rid of him and earlier Cho. I really question Paul Allen with both firings, specifically how he handled them.

I'd like to see McMillan in CLT( NC is his home state) next year if Paul Silas retires.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #50
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
Nate McMillan is a good coach. Portland is dumb to get rid of him and earlier Cho. I really question Paul Allen with both firings, specifically how he handled them.

I'd like to see McMillan in CLT( NC is his home state) next year if Paul Silas retires.

Firing McMillan was the right move, but I agree that firing Cho was bad. He new the team should have started rebuilding over a year ago, and Paul Allen didn't want to listen. I also don't think Pritchard should have been fired.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #51
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

More I sit on it... more I realize if Sloan doesn't want Clippers job... this guy needs to be a top option. Never before in NBA history do I remember 4 top tier NBA coaches being available in Sloan, PJ, McMillian and D'Antoni. Clippers NEED to get one of these 4.. in order.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

What happended to Portland? They were starting off pretty good, what the heck happened? Suddenly blowing everything up?
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #53
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

I thought Allen and McMillian were BFF's for life.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #54
beeboywhoo
Portland | Chargers

beeboywhoo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
What happended to Portland? They were starting off pretty good, what the heck happened? Suddenly blowing everything up?

you dont keep up with the nba?
beeboywhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: