Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Can someone work out a basketball practice schedule for me?

I go to bed at 10.30 on schooldays, get up at 7.30 and finish school at 4.00. So basically the time I have free in the day is 4.30 - 10.30. Now the problem is, my backyard is full of stones and it's tough to dribble on. I thought I could just go to the outdoor courts in my city, but then I remembered for most of the months, it starts getting dark at 5pm. It sounds unrealistic, but I'm trying to make it to the NBA. My goal is to be at least playing basketball for 3 to 4 hours a day. Also, no indoor courts/YMCAs/gyms where I can play on. How the **** can I work around this mess? I've tried asking my parents to get flat ground like paving stone or tarmac, but it costs too much.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone work out a basketball practice schedule for me?

For starters who the fukk says I wanna paly for 3-4 hours a day" Come on kid if you know how to turn on a computer you know for a fact about comparative advantages, diminishing returns, Pareto Principle, optimal accelerated learning, plateuating, and all kind of economical concepts that rear their heads in bodybuilding as well (periodization, deloading)

Lol ever heard of a runner say, hey guysss I think imam run three hours today or ever heard of a guy working out say hmm I think im gonna work out for 90 minutes.

Hell f*cking no.

They follow a regime that has one purpose and one purpose only which is to STRENGTHEN THEIR GODDAMN SKILLZ. Called a fukkin program.

I got a better plan. You are low on time eh for the outdoor courts? So get yourself Ganon Baker's DVD. Spend the daylight hours doing SHOOTING and the nighttime doing handles! So brilliant am I.

"ANywho the fastest way to learn a skill is by deconstructing it into smaller skills and deliberately practicing those." - Josh Kaufman Ramit Shehi

So for shooting

Remember Beef. Remember using the same straight form irregardless of. Keep thumb separated hard from index. Keep praciticng the motion. Shoot up, straight with your legs, Start from 3 feet before basket then go back, and back, and back, and back, till you are clipping it form the threes. Adjust accordingly at the angles. Play lots of around the world.

For dribbling. Get 3 basic moves you master and make them second nature.
Crossover. (see Ginobli ro Hardaway.. they SLAM their opposite foot)
Spin. (See Deron)
Between the Legs.

Otherwise it's just about keeping the ball under control and avoiding the TO's and staying in the center. Always control the center.. that's how chess is won, that's how wars/battles are won.

Learn how to do little head fakes jab steps pump fakes and watch McHale and Bird (HAHAHA fuukkk u black people)

Stay low, spine straight, long legs and acceleration.

For post.
- Kg's stepback fade
- Kareem's hook
- Fake in the middle Dropstep into aggressive layup

And then whenever you do pickup gamse or play with teams I want you to get a notebook and BE AWARE, yes BE AWARE of -
Picks and Rolls
Weakside D
Triangle Offense
A proper reboundin gposition (look where it hits the rim and at what angle.. if its a lon gshot you are better off staying in the middle, if its a layup get your ass close to rim, do it at the opposite angle in respect to the bank.
A quick rundown of each players favaorite moves... does someone have a sweetspot?

THEN I want you to be the mos tconditioned motherfukker on the court.

That means hitting the gym and doing
HIIT interval training
Squats, Deadlifts, Military, Pushups.

THEN I want you to PERFECT YOUR D
that means looking at the dudes bellybutton, being wide legged, and CUTTING them off the baseline.. and for da icing on da cake trash talk and get into they head.

Yourr fukkin gwelcome

Source - From a slightly above mediocre bball player at best who doesn't know sh!t about the game and trolls the off the court lounge.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 09-08-2013 at 02:44 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

How tall are you?

I would never try and dissuade someone from their dreams, because I have no idea what you are capable of. But, if you are in high school and have to resort to asking people on a message board to schedule practice times for you and teach you how to increase endurance.. you may want to find a different path. Unless you are just physically gifted beyond belief on some Hakeem Olajuwon $hit.

Where are your coaches to help you out with this? A person of your age should have shown a bit of promise by now and have someone to serve guidance. Your inner drive should be insurmountable to the point that you yourself find a way to make it happen and don't ask e-strangers what to do.

JEFFERSON MONEY did offer some good fundamental words of encouragement though.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016 <3 Manaka

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

aren't you white and irish...
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
aren't you white and irish...
Yeah?
Old 09-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

If you're white and Irish between the heights of 6'0-6'6, at this point mad people should know who you are based on your skills. And, you should be having access to practically any court you want or playing in tournaments on select teams.

Unless you're a physical specimen or have a massive growth spurt that will turn you into one, your prominence should be shown fairly early with lot of practice hours already under your belt if you want a shot at the NBA.

I'm all for dream-chasing, but sports is something different. You have to strike while the iron is hot. No lollygagging around.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How bout you ****ing clean the pebbles out of the back yard you ungrateful good for nothing potato head.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
Shade8780
GOATin

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
How bout you ****ing clean the pebbles out of the back yard you ungrateful good for nothing potato head.
I would, not allowed. Calm with the insults.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

have you ever played organized ball
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Shade8780
GOATin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
have you ever played organized ball
Yeah, of course.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I go to bed at 10.30 on schooldays, get up at 7.30 and finish school at 4.00. So basically the time I have free in the day is 4.30 - 10.30. Now the problem is, my backyard is full of stones and it's tough to dribble on. I thought I could just go to the outdoor courts in my city, but then I remembered for most of the months, it starts getting dark at 5pm. It sounds unrealistic, but I'm trying to make it to the NBA. My goal is to be at least playing basketball for 3 to 4 hours a day. Also, no indoor courts/YMCAs/gyms where I can play on. How the **** can I work around this mess? I've tried asking my parents to get flat ground like paving stone or tarmac, but it costs too much.

right, cuz you have no time for homework but to shoot baskets. my advice for you is to forget basketball all together and spend 3 hours a day after school on your studies.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016 <3 Manaka

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
right, cuz you have no time for homework but to shoot baskets. my advice for you is to forget basketball all together and spend 3 hours a day after school on your studies.
Yeah. He should just go throw his shoes in a lake.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
Shade8780
GOATin

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

he should. hes a dumbass if he has no time for homwork afterschool but to practice basketball.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016 <3 Manaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
he should. hes a dumbass if he has no time for homwork afterschool but to practice basketball.
That's his dreams man. Middleschool isn't really important anyways.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: