Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #1501
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I just meant if the roles were reversed...I don't think the media could go all out like they are doing now

I'm not talking about huge race movements or anything

Other factors come into it certainly.

One being the incident with the police chiefs son beating the black hobo and it almost being swept under the rug.

Two being this incident and how it has been handled by the department.

Clearly there is tension in that community between black people and the authorities and that is what led to the out cry.

I think if an upstanding young white child had been killed by a black guy [or hispanic guy] in a relatively good neighborhood, I don't think the police would have just taken his word and not collected evidence properly, taken the weapon, taken photos or documentation of the injuries and have not done a more thorough and efficient initial investigation.

As I said before, I think this is more about the police department not following proper procedure than George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. They just happen to be the unfortunate people caught up in the center of the police departments actions and the debate on the SYG law in Florida and other states.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #1502
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
Didn't bother to read through entire thread, but I went back to the most recent 3 pages and didn't see this posted so I'll link it and quote it now. I'll bold the important parts that relate to GZ's account of what happened.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...black-teenager

So according to Zimmerman, it would appear as if he unnecessarily got out of his car and tried to chase down/approach Treyvon. But then lost sight of him. Then was approached and attacked by Treyvon, in which point a scuffle ensued and Treyvon was shot.

What do you guys make of this? Lies on Zimmerman's part to plead self-defense? Anybody feel like the police are at blame for not releasing any of the details at the scene? Why aren't we getting more information?

Naturally he will paint the situation in a way that benefits his view. For all we know though, it could be the truth. No one knows. There is contradictory eye witness testimony. We will never know who started it. It does appear that Trayvon was getting the best of the scuffle and somehow George put enough distance between them to pull his gun and shoot Trayvon. Ballistics and the autopsy, amongst other evidence can find out how far or how close he was when the shot was fired and the angle.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #1503
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pretty sure if this happened in Jersey, it would be a pretty open and shut case. Self defense or not, I'd plan on spending the rest of my life in prison.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #1504
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yo he still had a baby face.

I also like the caption "poses aggressively with a large amount of cash in hand." Whoever did that FB thing failed.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #1505
JohnnyWall
Banned

JohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

A baby face with gold teeth?

And also, a striking resemblance to Delroy Lindo (total baby face)

JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #1506
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
A baby face with gold teeth?

That pic has been proven to be a fake that was put out there by a white supremacist website.

Link

Link

Last edited by kentatm : 03-27-2012 at 01:42 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #1507
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You dont even know what a baby face implies you idiot.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #1508
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Naturally he will paint the situation in a way that benefits his view. For all we know though, it could be the truth. No one knows. There is contradictory eye witness testimony. We will never know who started it. It does appear that Trayvon was getting the best of the scuffle and somehow George put enough distance between them to pull his gun and shoot Trayvon. Ballistics and the autopsy, amongst other evidence can find out how far or how close he was when the shot was fired and the angle.

This is what's bugging me. I mean I know CSI and all these crime shows are fiction, but you'd figure the bullet placement and an autopsy of Trayvon's body would be able to determine at what angle the shot was fired.

It's been what like.. two - three weeks now and they can't figure out/won't let us know if this was a point blank shot or if Trayvon had backed off? It makes a difference if Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and Zimmerman shot him off, or if Trayvon had backed off after beating Zimmerman, and then Zimmerman might've called his name, and shot him after he turns around.

Of course this is predicated on the testimony of Zimmerman and the one witness who say Zimmerman was getting handled. But if that is the case, it makes me wonder why Trayvon would attack out of nowhere? No news have shown any possible links between Zimmerman and Trayvon. Why would Trayvon want to beat the crap out of a stranger who just happens to be following him?
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #1509
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
This is what's bugging me. I mean I know CSI and all these crime shows are fiction, but you'd figure the bullet placement and an autopsy of Trayvon's body would be able to determine at what angle the shot was fired.

It's been what like.. two - three weeks now and they can't figure out/won't let us know if this was a point blank shot or if Trayvon had backed off? It makes a difference if Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and Zimmerman shot him off, or if Trayvon had backed off after beating Zimmerman, and then Zimmerman might've called his name, and shot him after he turns around.

Of course this is predicated on the testimony of Zimmerman and the one witness who say Zimmerman was getting handled. But if that is the case, it makes me wonder why Trayvon would attack out of nowhere? No news have shown any possible links between Zimmerman and Trayvon. Why would Trayvon want to beat the crap out of a stranger who just happens to be following him?

I think at the very least a verbal altercation happened, heated up, maybe George said something and Trayvon threw a punch and it was on. That's the only way it makes sense that this kid would strike first in a neighborhood he isn't familiar with against a grown man he doesn't know. I think the reports will come out and we can then get a better picture of what happened and it will either collaborate a part of Zimmerman's story or destroy the entire story.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #1510
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Recent photos of the teen
Old 03-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #1511
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I think at the very least a verbal altercation happened, heated up, maybe George said something and Trayvon threw a punch and it was on. That's the only way it makes sense that this kid would strike first in a neighborhood he isn't familiar with against a grown man he doesn't know. I think the reports will come out and we can then get a better picture of what happened and it will either collaborate a part of Zimmerman's story or destroy the entire story.

That report had better come out soon. We have a black panther group calling for Zimmerman's head for $10,000, on a possible self-defense situation.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #1512
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

photoshop is so annoying sometimes...:/
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #1513
JohnnyWall
Banned

JohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
That pic has been proven to be a fake that was put out there by a white supremacist website.

Link

Link

The one where the kid is shirtless and flipping off the camera is fake.

The others are real. He had gold teeth and tattoos.

JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #1514
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

Quote:
That report had better come out soon. We have a black panther group calling for Zimmerman's head for $10,000, on a possible self-defense situation.

THIS.
What the hell is taking so long..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #1515
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ocho Cinco formerly known as Chad Johnson

Daniel Boobie Gibson

Thugs, goons, up to no gooders
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: