Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #1531
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Not sure if this has already been posted, but a NOLA cop was suspended after making a comment on FB about Trayvon Martin.

Link: NOLA cop suspended for Trayvon Martin post

why would you post that?

i had no idea walking home around 7:00 from a gas station was acting like a thug.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #1532
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
why would you post that?

i had no idea walking home around 7:00 from a gas station was acting like a thug.

Apparently, this cop was already under investigation for being involved in a shooting that left one man dead and two police officers wounded.

Also, he assaulted a woman for running a red light.

Anger issues much?
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #1533
DevilsAssassin
Banned

damn not sure if this has been posted yet..........

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/25/justic...html?hpt=hp_t3

Quote:
STARKVILLE - Mississippi State officials moved quickly to reassure the public about the safety of the school's campus after a student was shot to death in a dormitory late Saturday.

It was said to be the first on-campus shooting death in school history.

John Sanderson, 21, of Madison, was pronounced dead Saturday night after treatment at Oktibbeha County Hospital. He was shot inside Evans Hall shortly before 10 p.m, and declared dead at about 11:03 p.m.

Described as a first-semester transfer, Sanderson was shot multiple times outside a dorm room.

Bill Kibler, vice president of student affairs, said "a person of interest" had been identified and that a gun was recovered on campus after the shooting.

Three black males were seen fleeing from the building, driving away in a blue Crown Victoria. School officials said the three were not thought to be current MSU students.

The men still were being sought on Sunday, with reports that they may have been headed to the Jackson area.

"This is the first time in our school's history that such a tragic incident has occurred, involving a student being shot on campus," University president Mark Keenum said Sunday in a statement posted on the school's website. He and other school officials appeared at a 10 a.m. news conference to discuss the incident.

"Our campus is known as a safe place, and I want to assure students, parents, faculty and staff that it continues to be safe," Keenum said. "We have had no indication that there is a danger to others and we believe this was an isolated incident."

A moment of silence for Sanderson was observed Sunday afternoon before the start of the Mississippi State-Arkansas baseball game.

Police received a call about the shooting at Evans Hall at 9:54 p.m. Saturday. "The MSU Police Department was on the scene within one minute of receiving the emergency call," Keenum said.

Shortly after the shooting - at 10:33 p.m. - the university sent the first in a series of text message alerts to students. Police officers also stepped up patrols to make sure the campus was safe, Keenum said.

The four-story Evans Hall, a suite-style dorm for male freshmen and underclassmen, holds about 300 residents and is located on the north side of campus.

The other students on the first floor, where the shooting occurred, have been relocated to other dorms, Kibler said.

Read more: djournal.com - UPDATE Identity of shooting victim at Mississippi State released

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson.....Barack Obama public speech where u at?

Last edited by DevilsAssassin : 03-27-2012 at 09:09 PM.
DevilsAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #1534
oh the horror
NBA Legend

From what I see, the members here trolling the thread on purpose should be ashamed of themselves.

Regardless of who you think is the guilty party, and who is to blame, this was a sh*tty situation for all involved, which resulted in the death of a teenage kid.

I realize some of you have mental illnesses, and your parents didnt raise you right, because they're losers as well, but really, have SOME amount of dignity about yourself, ESPECIALLY if you're a man.

I expect that behavior from a b*tch. Not someone with testosterone in their balls.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #1535
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
damn not sure if this has been posted yet..........

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/25/justic...html?hpt=hp_t3

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson.....Barack Obama public speech where u at?
Is there some kind of potential police malpractice going on here? Is the killer known but being permitted to roam free? Because if not I'm just going to have to point out that you're just regurgitating stupid talking points from the right.

If I was an NRA gun nut to whom these stand your ground laws was important I'd take the attitude of guys like Jeb Bush who are just saying it doesn't apply here and are throwing the racist idiot under the bus. The complaining about black-on-black crimes being under-reported is badly missing the mark.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #1536
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
why would you post that?

He's young and black, that equals "thug." Where have you been the past 25 years.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #1537
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
He's young and black, that equals "thug." Where have you been the past 25 years.

Lets not forget that he also listens to rap music, and smokes weed.

Things that a majority of teens do.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #1538
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

the thing i hate the most because i actually keep up to date on the situation, is when people on facebook post links to that fake picture that is the wrong trayvon martin and compare it the good picture of zimmerman.

it has a quote like

"look was the media is trying to portray"

i hate commenting on this link because it always causes an arguement because i hate argueing on someone's facebook status.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #1539
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...n-tweet-567891

Quote:
The man who shot Martin is George Michael Zimmerman. Higgins has repeatedly identified him as “George W. Zimmerman.”

The residence on Edgewater Circle is actually the home of David McClain, 72, and his wife Elaine, 70
Quote:
In an interview tonight, Elaine McClain told TSG that she and her husband were “afraid” due to the online linking of her address to Zimmerman. “We're keeping everything locked,” she said. McClain added that the couple was particularly unnerved by a letter mailed to them at their home. On the envelope, she said, were printed the words “Taste The Rainbow,” the slogan for Skittles.
so this hobbit directly endangers an innocent couple's life by erroneously and irresponsibly 'tweeting' zimmerman's 'address' and no action taken against him:

this other clown originally 'tweets' zimmerman's 'address' thus directly puts that same couple's life in endanger and no action taken against him:

this phggt racist puts out a bounty on a guy's head who hasn't been charged with any crime and incites violences in the process and has no action taken against him:

this guy posts a comment on a website linked to his facebook saying 'act like a thug die like one' which while being insensitive and inappropriate did not put anyone's life in danger and did not violate any laws to my knowledge is immediately suspended and then fired:

can any of you dumb liberals and hypocrite racists decipher the difference here ? try not to burst a vein in your pretty little heads trying to figure it out

Last edited by dude77 : 03-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #1540
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Go to your job and act racist against a race and see what happens..
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #1541
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
can any of you dumb liberals and hypocrite racists decipher the difference here ? try not to burst a vein in your pretty little heads trying to figure it out
As more and more of truth comes out all you can do is whine. Tsk.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #1542
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...n-tweet-567891

so this hobbit directly endangers an innocent couple's life by erroneously and irresponsibly 'tweeting' zimmerman's 'address' and no action taken against him:

this other clown originally 'tweets' zimmerman's 'address' thus directly puts that same couple's life in endanger and no action taken against him:

this phggt racist puts out a bounty on a guy's head who hasn't been charged with any crime and incites violences in the process and has no action taken against him:

this guy posts a comment on a website linked to his facebook saying 'act like a thug die like one' which while being insensitive and inappropriate did not put anyone's life in danger and did not violate any laws to my knowledge is immediately suspended and then fired:

i believe that the incident is zimmerman's fault

but what you posted is really bizarre.
spike lee put an families life in danger who had nothing
to do with the incident

the black panther guy should be arrested

and the white guy was the only one who got what a punishment (he got what he deserved to)

i don't understand how a guy can publicly put a bounty on someone and not have to worry about consequences. how a guy can put an innocent family in danger by posting an address that he has no idea who it actually belongs to.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #1543
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
As more and more of truth comes out all you can do is whine. Tsk.

no one's whining .. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy that goes on ..

if zimmerman is guilty he's guilty .. my stance has always been that I'm not going to call for the guy's head(as everyone is doing) without hearing all the evidence .. that story about the lead investigator wanting to arrest him for manslaughter does make me wonder now and puts doubt in my mind

Last edited by dude77 : 03-27-2012 at 10:32 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #1544
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
no one's whining .. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy that goes on
You're crying like a baby and it's pathetic. We're pointing out things relevant to the case, like the lead investigator wanting Zimmerman charged with manslaughter. You, on the other hand, want to talk about tweets by a movie director. What, you want my opinion on Jungle Fever? Do the Right Thing and shut your stupid mouth. You clearly have nothing intelligent to contribute.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #1545
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Quote:
the thing i hate the most because i actually keep up to date on the situation, is when people on facebook post links to that fake picture that is the wrong trayvon martin and compare it the good picture of zimmerman.

it has a quote like

"look was the media is trying to portray"

i hate commenting on this link because it always causes an arguement because i hate argueing on someone's facebook status.

what if they posted the picture of him with his gold teeth or of his tattoos or his No_Limit_***** twitter handle? or the posts on his wall suggesting he mighta been dealing drugs and that he swung on a bus driver only a few days prior?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: