Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #1576
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,516
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

What cracks me up is...

Posting pictures of Trayvon in an attempt to paint a picture of this kid as being a "hoodlum", as if that SOMEHOW throws some type of justification for him being shot dead by a man that was basically following him on SUSPICION of Tray doing something, in which he WAS NOT.


He was unarmed, and they're now painting this kid as a thug, as if it somehow makes it easier to swallow that this kid was erased from the planet, by a paranoid 911-dialing happy maniac.



You can all claim media bias and them attempting to "make zimmerman look bad" but just posting a mugshot doesnt mean sh*t when ZIMMERMAN IS ALIVE.



I pray none of you ever have children that get into some trouble, and listen to rap music, or follow trends....someone out there might mistake YOUR kid for a "thug" and murder them....


And you'll realize the reality of this situation.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #1577
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
What cracks me up is...

Posting pictures of Trayvon in an attempt to paint a picture of this kid as being a "hoodlum", as if that SOMEHOW throws some type of justification for him being shot dead by a man that was basically following him on SUSPICION of Tray doing something, in which he WAS NOT.


He was unarmed, and they're now painting this kid as a thug, as if it somehow makes it easier to swallow that this kid was erased from the planet, by a paranoid 911-dialing happy maniac.



You can all claim media bias and them attempting to "make zimmerman look bad" but just posting a mugshot doesnt mean sh*t when ZIMMERMAN IS ALIVE.



I pray none of you ever have children that get into some trouble, and listen to rap music, or follow trends....someone out there might mistake YOUR kid for a "thug" and murder them....


And you'll realize the reality of this situation.

people keep saying this as if it means something .. you don't need a weapon to seriously injure someone or kill them
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #1578
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,516
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
people keep saying this as if it means something .. you don't need a weapon to seriously injure someone or kill them



Yep, and Trayvon probably thought the same thing when he was trying to get away, ultimately leading to a confrontation between the two in which it is speculated that he attacked first right?


The only difference is, the other guy had a fu*king gun which he used to shoot the kid in the chest.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #1579
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Yep, and Trayvon probably thought the same thing when he was trying to get away, ultimately leading to a confrontation between the two in which it is speculated that he attacked first right?


The only difference is, the other guy had a fu*king gun which he used to shoot the kid in the chest.

zimmerman was doing some neighborhood watch .. he saw someone he thought looked suspicious(rightfully so as they've been having break ins frequently) ..

something happens in between there and he ends up shooting the person he suspected .. that's what happened .. everyone keeps trying to paint a picture of zimmerman as some cold blooded murderer who was out looking for his next victim .. it's sad, it's tragic .. but lets look at it how it really is ..

and as for zimmerman .. it's been let known that the guy is extremely remorseful and probably wishes he had just ignored tm that night .. nothing like what the media and people are portraying him as .. it's sensationalism and race baiting at its best

Last edited by dude77 : 03-27-2012 at 11:24 PM.
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #1580
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #1581
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,846
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
zimmerman was doing some neighborhood watch .. he saw someone he thought looked suspicious(rightfully so as they've been having break ins frequently) ..

something happens in between there and he ends up shooting the person he suspected .. that's what happened .. everyone keeps trying to paint a picture of zimmerman as some cold blooded murderer who was out looking for his next victim .. it's sad, it's tragic .. but lets look at it how it really is


this is exactly what i've been saying!

we have to use the facts that we know and not use things that are irrelevant to the case... it's tough to plead self-defense in the situation because of that 5 minute period where there were no witnesses to how it started.

it doesn't matter how either person is portrayed to the media because that doesn't have anything to do with the case... its just annoying.

i don't believe it had anythin to do with race. this guy was watching the neighborhood and I think he was trying to impress the police station because that was his dream job. he saw what in his opinion could have been suspicous and to other people is normal behavior. no one was there to see so no one knows.

all we know is that someone died and IMO it's gonna be tough for zimmerman to get off innocent.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #1582
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,846
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case



i'd love to quote your huge image.... but oh well

how does anything you posted have any revelance to the case?
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #1583
CelticBaller
You mad?
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 14,796
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

MJ23forever is obviously someone's alt account.
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #1584
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,846
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
MJ23forever is obviously someone's alt account.


i hate when people use alternate accounts on subjects like these.
isn't the point of forums to argue about you opinions? it's really sad if you have to change accounts on a forum because you afriad people might look down on your other account.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #1585
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,516
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

And LOL @ those facts presented above. There literally isnt proof to most of those. People are downright slandering on the internet at this point.


They might as well just call the kid a "n*gger" and get it over with.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #1586
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
this is exactly what i've been saying!

we have to use the facts that we know and not use things that are irrelevant to the case... it's tough to plead self-defense in the situation because of that 5 minute period where there were no witnesses to how it started.

it doesn't matter how either person is portrayed to the media because that doesn't have anything to do with the case... its just annoying.

i don't believe it had anythin to do with race. this guy was watching the neighborhood and I think he was trying to impress the police station because that was his dream job. he saw what in his opinion could have been suspicous and to other people is normal behavior. no one was there to see so no one knows.

all we know is that someone died and IMO it's gonna be tough for zimmerman to get off innocent.

but it may have something to do with it .. potential jurors ? .. portraying zimmerman as a monster .. potential jurors are watching this and may be swayed
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #1587
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,516
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Other than the mugshot that was initially presented of Zimmerman....has the backlash for Trayvon and people attempting to present him in a particular light seemed more outrageous than that of Zimmermans or am I crazy?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #1588
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

THINGS MORE NEWSWORTHY THAN TRAYVON MARTIN!

White couple killed, and burned in Detroit.
http://cofcc.org/2012/02/gruesome-sl...en-in-detroit/

Black man kills white teen because he assumed that because the teen was white that he was a KKK member.
http://www.thegrio.com/politics/sent...white-teen.php

Iraqi woman in California killed for being Muslim with a note left by her body telling her to go back to her country and that she is a terrorist.


http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-25/j...?_s=PM:JUSTICE

Last edited by MJ23forever : 03-27-2012 at 11:41 PM.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #1589
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,516
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
THINGS MORE NEWSWORTHY THAN TRAYVON MARTIN!

White couple killed, and burned in Detroit.
http://cofcc.org/2012/02/gruesome-sl...en-in-detroit/

Black man kills white teen because he assumed that because the teen was white that he was a KKK member.
http://www.thegrio.com/politics/sent...white-teen.php

Iraqi woman in California killed for being Muslim with a note left by her body telling her to go back to her country and that she is a terrorist.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-25/j...woman-el-cajon
-life-support?_s=PM:JUSTICE



Okaaaay, and?


So Trayvon's shooter shouldnt be arrested then? Who are you presenting this to? Us here on this board?


Go email this to your local media outlets dude.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #1590
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,769
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Okaaaay, and?


So Trayvon's shooter shouldnt be arrested then? Who are you presenting this to? Us here on this board?


Go email this to your local media outlets dude.

he's making a point .. instead of getting all defensive why not acknowledge it ?
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy