Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #1576
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
THINGS MORE NEWSWORTHY THAN TRAYVON MARTIN!

White couple killed, and burned in Detroit.
http://cofcc.org/2012/02/gruesome-sl...en-in-detroit/

Black man kills white teen because he assumed that because the teen was white that he was a KKK member.
http://www.thegrio.com/politics/sent...white-teen.php

Iraqi woman in California killed for being Muslim with a note left by her body telling her to go back to her country and that she is a terrorist.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-25/j...woman-el-cajon
-life-support?_s=PM:JUSTICE

Okaaaay, and?

So Trayvon's shooter shouldnt be arrested then? Who are you presenting this to? Us here on this board?

Go email this to your local media outlets dude.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #1577
dude77
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Okaaaay, and?

So Trayvon's shooter shouldnt be arrested then? Who are you presenting this to? Us here on this board?

Go email this to your local media outlets dude.

he's making a point .. instead of getting all defensive why not acknowledge it ?
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #1578
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Sounds like Zimmerman was trying to be a hero, got himself in a bad situation where buddy(not a kid lol he's 17) ended up laying a smackdown,freaked out and shot him. Sounds like self defense in a situation he put himself in, therefore he probably should get a manslaughter charge or something just not a murder charge and be painted as this racist mad man. I dunno tho, never know what actually happened. Just speculation. Zimmerman could have been getting real messed up or potentially severely hurt or he could have just been getting roughed up abit and shooting him was an ego trip or just insanity.

Not going to lie tho with all the stuff coming out about Trayvon Martin it's kinda crazy. His twitter account, pictures, being linked to selling drugs, gang activity etc. I can kinda see where that white knight was coming from. I don't care if it's a black guy or a white guy looking like that(don't kid yourself, there's sketchy white people out there too) I probably wouldn't want them near my grandmas house or something. Wouldn't shoot the guy but can fully understand somebody confronting him about it and asking what he's doing.

At first I got the impression it's some like 14 year old kid who was literally buying skittles and some crazy guy came up and shot him
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #1579
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
(stupidly large image cut)

I have a simple question.

Did any of the people in those black on white race crimes get away with it?

People act like this is the only white on black crime committed in the entire US within the past month. And they're highlighting it to point out how bad white people are.

White People: We Only Attack Non-Whites Every Once in a While

There was a guy out here that attacked a black man in a bar that was minding his own business, while shouting all sorts of racial insults at him. How come his story wasn't on CNN and MSNBC?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #1580
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

At first I got the impression it's some like 14 year old kid who was literally buying skittles and some crazy guy came up and shot him

well yeah thats what the media wanted us to think at first. at the media using pee wee league football shots of trayvon and at the posters on this board who couldnt figure out how ridiculous that was
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #1581
Draz
The People's Choice

The kid seems to have some bad history and reputation. The media is constantly showing pictures of him of what seems to be the age of below 14. I don't know what to say honestly.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #1582
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
The kid seems to have some bad history and reputation. The media is constantly showing pictures of him of what seems to be the age of below 14. I don't know what to say honestly.
They both seem to have history, as we can see by Zimmerman's mugshot.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #1583
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
he's making a point .. instead of getting all defensive why not acknowledge it ?

It is a rather lame point though. The Iraqi woman getting killed has made the news. The other two haven't. Has there been something extraordinary happening to make the media pay closer attention to them? Might as well point out every murder that takes place in the USA and have fake outrage that they aren't being given attention.

Personally I think the White case and the governor commuting his sentence should get more attention. The guy was arrested and convicted though for manslaughter. I think the government should not have commuted the sentence and I hope the deceased family and friends do all they can to bring attention to what was done. Are we sure it is not getting attention in the New York media?

The slaying of the couple in Detroit is under investigation with the police still looking for suspects. All the link says is a witness saw two black people dump the bodies. I'm not sure what that has to do with the Zimmerman/Martin incident, unless the person who posted it thinks the Police Department is not doing a proper investigation.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #1584
reppy
Apparently likes anime

He does have some things in his background that aren't things to be proud of.

Yes, it appears he has smoked pot.

Was he a thief? From what I've read, someone at his school once caught him with some items that appeared to be stolen.

Gang banger? Violent? I haven't really heard anything about this.

Zimmerman has a background, too.

This is a complex, messy case. I don't think the investigation did their job properly. And now it's blown up like this. I think that has harmed Zimmerman more.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #1585
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #1586
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
[Too long]]

Do you have a link to this transcript of the 911 call?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #1587
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

Serious question to you. You think Zimmerman looked up his twitter and facebook page before he tracked him down? Do you really think Trayvon was doing more than what you described there? If so what was he doing? Was Trayvon guilty of anything when he was killed?

You do realize Zimmerman's girlfriend claimed domestic violence and sought a restraining order. There was battery on a police officer. If your mind is so easily influenced by the what people bring up in the past, Zimmerman has a worse history. But that shouldn't matter: At that moment it was an innocent kid and a guy with issues on the prowl. You could have been the innocent kid.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #1588
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

Zimmerman did NOT follow Trayvon.

Zimmerman is an obese man with asthma. Trayvon was a 6'3 muscular football player. The belief that Zimmerman could run down Trayvon is ridiculous.

Listen to this 911 call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfrC...layer_embedded

911 dispatcher says that Zimmerman doesn't need to follow Trayvon. Zimmerman says, "okay" and doesn't follow Trayvon.

He states that Trayvon ran away.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #1589
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Zimmerman did NOT follow Trayvon.

Zimmerman is an obese man with asthma. Trayvon was a 6'3 muscular football player. The belief that Zimmerman could run down Trayvon is ridiculous.

Listen to this 911 call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfrC...layer_embedded

911 dispatcher says that Zimmerman doesn't need to follow Trayvon. Zimmerman says, "okay" and doesn't follow Trayvon.

He states that Trayvon ran away.

Muscular? Have you seen the photos of the kid? Muscular I think not. Do you have a link for the transcript of the 911 call or was that someones fanciful imagining? No one will ever know who started the physical confrontation. You have the word of Zimmerman and the dead body of Martins.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #1590
dude77
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
It is a rather lame point though. The Iraqi woman getting killed has made the news. The other two haven't. Has there been something extraordinary happening to make the media pay closer attention to them? Might as well point out every murder that takes place in the USA and have fake outrage that they aren't being given attention.

Personally I think the White case and the governor commuting his sentence should get more attention. The guy was arrested and convicted though for manslaughter. I think the government should not have commuted the sentence and I hope the deceased family and friends do all they can to bring attention to what was done. Are we sure it is not getting attention in the New York media?

The slaying of the couple in Detroit is under investigation with the police still looking for suspects. All the link says is a witness saw two black people dump the bodies. I'm not sure what that has to do with the Zimmerman/Martin incident, unless the person who posted it thinks the Police Department is not doing a proper investigation.

that second case is especially interesting .. <-- this is the point .. the guy shoots a kid with an illegally possessed firearm and is given more time for the gun than for the shooting, then released early .. might as well have never arrested him ..

that case should be on the same level of coverage as this tm case yet it is not, never was and never will be .. why is that ? we know WHY .. that is the point .. nothing lame about it unless you don't like hearing the truth

Last edited by dude77 : 03-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: