Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #2791
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends
 
Kobe 4 The Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 2,199
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

I suppose I'm crazy because I'd rather wait until the facts come out before picking sides.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #2792
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,793
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

So much for Zimmy not being injured;
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #2793
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,793
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
that makes me wonder about his living status if he were to be cleared .. does he get to go into a witness protection type seclusion program or do they just 'open the door and let him walk out' .. anyone know ? .. if it's the latter he's in trouble

He's not going to be able to live in the US, everyone knows him and he's not a popular guy, haha..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:27 AM   #2794
flipogb
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,941
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

I bet hes gonna get away with it unfortunately, but people have gone soft if it doesn't result into riots
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #2795
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
Zimmerman CREATED the confrontation

what "creates a confrontation"? following a stranger on a public street and then starting a conversation with the stranger is creating a confrontation?

You aren't legally entitled to assault someone because they ask you a question and you don't need permission from the government to approach and talk to someone in your own neighborhood.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
it's much more likely that Zimmerman's was the one who escalated the situation

I love it when people decide that their personal prejudices are "much more likely" than what actually happened.

you DO know that Trayvon retraced his steps to confront Zimmerman right?
see: http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...dees-testimony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfrCkJIqx0

Last edited by MJ23forever : 04-21-2012 at 09:26 AM.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #2796
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 15,538
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Asking a question? He takes a gun and walks up to an innocent kid he thinks is some kind of criminal and...who knows what? When the person telling the story is the only one alive and is facing jail...you really believe you are going to get the exact truth? I sure as hell know id bend the story to fit my needs if im facing what he is and nobody but me is alive to say exactly what I said to create the situation. Whats his motivation to tell the truth? Honor over....rape and possible murder or years in protective custody in jail?

Besides....dude is done. It doesnt matter if he gets released or not. Best case...he changes his name and pretty much lives in hiding the rest of his life.

He goes home...someone is going to kill him. Hundreds will probably consider it and someone will probably have the balls to attempt it.

His life is over one way or the other. If not over...its going to take a long pause while he waits out people forgetting his face. Name is gonna be remembered for years.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #2797
dunksby
NBA Superstar
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,135
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Asking a question? He takes a gun and walks up to an innocent kid he thinks is some kind of criminal and...who knows what? When the person telling the story is the only one alive and is facing jail...you really believe you are going to get the exact truth? I sure as hell know id bend the story to fit my needs if im facing what he is and nobody but me is alive to say exactly what I said to create the situation. Whats his motivation to tell the truth? Honor over....rape and possible murder or years in protective custody in jail?

Besides....dude is done. It doesnt matter if he gets released or not. Best case...he changes his name and pretty much lives in hiding the rest of his life.

He goes home...someone is going to kill him. Hundreds will probably consider it and someone will probably have the balls to attempt it.

His life is over one way or the other. If not over...its going to take a long pause while he waits out people forgetting his face. Name is gonna be remembered for years.
You are right and his apologists and smartass lawyers won't be there to help him either.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #2798
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 15,538
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Whatever anyone thinks of thise case...I think we al lagree that if the Klan is on your side you would rather them keep that to themselves. This is posted on the KKK site which I cant link to(blocked):


Quote:
“It’s a disgrace that man (Zimmerman) hasn’t been shot yet,” says Mike Tyson. The New Black Panther Party has put out a poster offering a $10,000 reward that reads, “Wanted: Dead or Alive.”

The face on the poster is George Zimmerman.

Trayvon is the victim here, but George Zimmerman is beginning to look like a victim – of lynch law and mob rule.


The gotdamn KLAN thinks they are helping by saying this guy is a victim of lynch law and mob rule. I bet they really dont even see why that would strike people as odd coming from them....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #2799
dunksby
NBA Superstar
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,135
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Whatever anyone thinks of thise case...I think we al lagree that if the Klan is on your side you would rather them keep that to themselves. This is posted on the KKK site which I cant link to(blocked):





The gotdamn KLAN thinks they are helping by saying this guy is a victim of lynch law and mob rule. I bet they really dont even see why that would strike people as odd coming from them....
KKK backing up a Latin American Jew?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #2800
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
You are right and his apologists and smartass lawyers won't be there to help him either.

overreaction, nothing will happen to Zimmerman, no one has the guts to attack someone willing to use lethal force to defend themselves, otherwise Zimmerman would already been dead and someone would have collected the $10k bounty that the Black Panthers put on him.

also the bottom line is that Zimmerman broke no laws up to his meeting with Trayvon. even if you argued that Trayvon was justified in attacking Zimmerman because of "racism", does not negate Zimmerman's right to defend himself from getting beat to death when he has broken no laws. you "having a feeling" there is foul play is not evidence and there has to be evidence of a crime to indict somebody and have a trial. plus the fact that they way overcharged him. maybe they could've gotten him with manslaughter or something pertaining to "recklessness". there is no evidence that zimmerman continued following trayvon after the dispatchers suggestion.

Trayvon was was a teenage wannabe thug that brought a pair of fists to a gun fight and it got him killed.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #2801
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 15,538
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

I suspect that if he felt nothing would happen to him he wouldnt have been in hiding for much of this.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #2802
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

At least on messageboards, i get the feeling there are only two types of people arguing in this case: people who want to see GZ put in jail because he is a non-black person who killed a black person and that always means racism; and the people who want GZ to go free, do so not because he is entirely innocent, but because they feel a "white" man is being picked on by a loud minority.

I feel like very few actually give a damn about the kid that's dead or the man who made a mistake (i'm sure GZ regrets it all) that will change his life forever no matter what a courtroom decides.

I see a bunch of post about how people will feel stupid when GZ is acquitted and black people will act a fool and deserve to have his acquittal shoved in their face, as if that's something to be humorous about. As if these people don't realize that GZ is potentially a dead man if he walks free from this case. That's where your rage should be, that no matter what the law says, citizens may sentence a man to death.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #2803
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 15,538
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Shit like this:

Quote:
Trayvon was was a teenage wannabe thug that brought a pair of fists to a gun fight and it got him killed.

...and knowing a lot of people say such things and mean it...really show how far we have to go as a society.

People have a lot of hate that they just cant be open about because its not acceptable in most settings.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #2804
nathanjizzle
Liberal Crusader
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,077
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
what "creates a confrontation"? following a stranger on a public street and then starting a conversation with the stranger is creating a confrontation?

You aren't legally entitled to assault someone because they ask you a question and you don't need permission from the government to approach and talk to someone in your own neighborhood.






I love it when people decide that their personal prejudices are "much more likely" than what actually happened.

you DO know that Trayvon retraced his steps to confront Zimmerman right?
see: http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...dees-testimony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfrCkJIqx0

well it wasnt just following and a regular conversation, it was borderline stalking and harassment. as his history shows of how many 911 calls hes made on people show that hes the type to stalk and harass. and yes, if someone is blatenly stalking you, dont you have to right to go up to them and confront them about it? and thats not even the point where the physical altercation began, trayvon actually started running away and zimmerman began to search for him on foot. so you assault someone that is blatantly harassing you after you try to run away from him is wrong? zimmerman deserved the ass beating he got, you dont get to follow strangers and chase them and when you get beat up for it get to pull out your gun and shoot them. he has no authority to do so. And your also only looking at the point of view of zimmerman, you dont think trayvons life was in danger if a stranger with no badge is just stalking him then chases him on foot?

its funny you would say this.
Quote:
I love it when people decide that their personal prejudices are "much more likely" than what actually happened.

Last edited by nathanjizzle : 04-21-2012 at 10:47 AM.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #2805
dunksby
NBA Superstar
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,135
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
overreaction, nothing will happen to Zimmerman, no one has the guts to attack someone willing to use lethal force to defend themselves, otherwise Zimmerman would already been dead and someone would have collected the $10k bounty that the Black Panthers put on him.

also the bottom line is that Zimmerman broke no laws up to his meeting with Trayvon. even if you argued that Trayvon was justified in attacking Zimmerman because of "racism", does not negate Zimmerman's right to defend himself from getting beat to death when he has broken no laws. you "having a feeling" there is foul play is not evidence and there has to be evidence of a crime to indict somebody and have a trial. plus the fact that they way overcharged him. maybe they could've gotten him with manslaughter or something pertaining to "recklessness". there is no evidence that zimmerman continued following trayvon after the dispatchers suggestion.

Trayvon was was a teenage wannabe thug that brought a pair of fists to a gun fight and it got him killed.
I'm not on a mission to see Zimmerman dead or jailed but I also believe he is responsible for what happened to some degree, I dunno how much since I was not there nor have the info, still what's clear is that he is not an innocent harmless do gooder that you claim him to be.
Regarding his image after the trial, it is clear that he will be looked upon as a predator and that guy who killed a teenager in cold blood whether you agree to it or not, this much I can guarantee.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy