Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #2791
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Im sorry but I do not buy Zimmerman's accounts of that night if those are the things he is saying.

btw that's fine, but eyewitness testimony so far is in Zimmerman's favor.

bottom line is, none of us were there, we can't know what happened. But in this great country, you can't accuse a man of a crime and punish him unless you can prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he did it. As it stand right now, I don't have enough evidence to know for sure what happened, and if I were I on the jury I couldn't convict this man.

Last edited by MJ23forever : 04-20-2012 at 08:57 PM.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #2792
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

This entire case is so ****ed.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #2793
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
btw that's fine, but eyewitness testimony so far is in Zimmerman's favor.

bottom line is, none of us were there, we can't know what happened. But in this great country, you can't accuse a man of a crime and punish him unless you can prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he did it. As it stand right now, I don't have enough evidence to know for sure what happened, and if I were I on the jury I couldn't convict this man.
Zimmerman confronted and murdered a teenager.

Sounds pretty convictable to me.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #2794
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
I have my own impressions but .. what gives you that impression ?

I believe they're going to have too much trouble trying to convict him on charges of 2nd degree murder.

Also, from what I read, there are little tidbits about that 'stand your ground' law that indicate to me that even if you initiate the confrontation, that you could still be within the realm of the law, if you try to retreat, believing yourself to be in danger.

This dude might just walk, based on a fu*king loophole. The law itself is soooo murky.

This is going to be hard for them to prove without a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman was the aggressor here.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #2795
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, I have to add...the prosecutor's presentation today at the hearing left a LOT to be desired.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #2796
MJ23forever

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
You dont approach someone like you're a trained law enforcement officer

so much bias...it hurts.

Quote:
Zimmerman is not trained to handle that stuff, and he shouldnt have confronted Trayvon.

but he had every right to confront Trayvon, nothing about it was illegal or violated Trayvon's rights. a concerned citizen observing and making contact with another citizen does not require special training. based on the evidence I have seen so far; I believe the moment this whole situation got out of control is when Trayvon escalated the confrontation to violence by assaulting Zimmerman.

Quote:
You dont think dude here should serve ANY prison time?

I think Zimmerman may have handled the situation poorly, and perhaps should be punished for something akin to "recklessness", but certainly not murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
Zimmerman confronted and murdered a teenager.

I don't believe he murdered anyone. anyhow there is no convincing evidence of any of your assertions.

Last edited by MJ23forever : 04-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #2797
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Some news outlets didn't think Zimmerman was white enough, so they went ahead and edited his pic

It'd be nice if these actually included a true citation I could look up. How the **** do I know the person that put this together didn't edit it themselves? Or maybe they collected these off various forums, where the person saved them to their own hard drive using who knows what method, causing degraded image quality/distortion.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #2798
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
IF HIS HEAD IS SPLIT, YOU MUST ACQUIT! lol

Lol funny
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #2799
Turkododo
High school junior varsity star

Turkododo has decent reputation

Wyclef Jean's Trayvon Martin song: Justice (If You're 17)

Wyclef isn't the first to write a Trayvon Martin tribute song, but he's the biggest musician to come forth with one so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=1lDfxzvxWUY#!
Turkododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #2800
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:
You know...I have a feeling this dude is gonna walk.
This. It sucks cuz I think something should happen to him. Can he still get charged with manslaughter?
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #2801
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
so much bias...it hurts.

but he had every right to confront Trayvon, nothing about it was illegal or violated Trayvon's rights. a concerned citizen observing and making contact with another citizen does not require special training. based on the evidence I have seen so far; I believe the moment this whole situation got out of control is when Trayvon escalated the confrontation to violence by assaulting Zimmerman.

I think Zimmerman may have handled the situation poorly, and perhaps should be punished for something akin to "recklessness", but certainly not murder.

I don't believe he murdered anyone. anyhow there is no convincing evidence of any of your assertions.

Bias how? Bro, do you KNOW how "neighborhood watch" generally is supposed to operate?

They watch. They deem something off, and or suspicious, they call the cops. That is their 'duty'.

Approaching a potential suspect with a concealed weapon to question them is not the duty of a regular citizen.

Why the fu*k do you think the damn 911 operator told him not to follow? You ignore that simple fact as if it wasnt of ANY importance.

The police THEMSELVES tell you to not get involved like that. You put yourself, and the suspect in potential DANGER.

AS WE SEE IN THIS CASE.

A regular citizen with ZERO training shot an unarmed kid. This was the OUTCOME regardless of what series of events took place dude.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #2802
MJ23forever

Quote:
Approaching a potential suspect with a concealed weapon to question them is not the duty of a regular citizen.

which is legal. you can whine about what is "right" all you want. doesn't change the fact that nothing Zimmerman did was illegal.

morality =/= law. the bottom line is that he did NOTHING illegal, Trayvon did when he assaulted him. it was then Zimmerman's right to defend himself. the evidence is actually that the gun never discharged the spent casing, meaning someone was holding the slide, which is indicative of a struggle for the firearm.

also if merely following someone was an aggressive or threatening action, then why aren't people beating down paparazzi and private investigators left and right?

Last edited by MJ23forever : 04-20-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #2803
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Bias how? Bro, do you KNOW how "neighborhood watch" generally is supposed to operate?

They watch. They deem something off, and or suspicious, they call the cops. That is their 'duty'.

Why the fu*k do you think the damn 911 operator told him not to follow? You ignore that simple fact as if it wasnt of ANY importance.

Zimmerman's a terrible neighborhood watch captain. That's fine. But again, it doesn't mean he didn't act in self defense. Him following Trayvon and ignoring the 911 operator are neither illegal actions nor are they actions that disprove the self defense claim.

Quote:
A regular citizen with ZERO training shot an unarmed kid. This was the OUTCOME regardless of what series of events took place dude.

More accurately: A licensed-to-conceal citizen shot an unarmed "kid" (6'3'' 17 year old) who was physically assaulting him. As evidenced by the photos of his bloodied head injuries.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #2804
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Zimmerman is a ***** for shooting the kid but it was self defense and he did nothing illegal. At this point in the case there is 0 doubt that the kid assaulted him
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #2805
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
More accurately: A licensed-to-conceal citizen shot an unarmed "kid" (6'3'' 17 year old) who was physically assaulting him. As evidenced by the photos of his bloodied head injuries.

I thought it was proved he wasn't 6'3"? Why does this keep coming up?

Or is he?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: