Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #2941
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
He was suspended for graffiti, the school police officer searched his bag and found 12 pieces of women's jewelry and a screw driver he described as a "burglary tool". There's a twitter conversation he had with his cousin about swinging on a bus driver. There's a facebook conversation where some kid is trying to buy weed from him. He was suspended for having weed at school.

I'm not gonna dig up the links, they are in this thread if you want to find them.

The point is your attempts at character assassination are weak. Neither guy involved were angels.
Tagging a door, an unsubstantiated claim , and some remarks on twitter are nothing compared to assault on a police officer and multiple domestic violence cases and restraining orders.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #2942
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What I'll never understand is why some of these murders get so much coverage. People get murdered everyday, but for some reason the public and the media like to pick out one or two every year and put them in the spotlight. A murder is a murder, and I've heard of some innocent guy being shot before. It seems stupid to me to put the spotlight on a single murder out of thousands a year.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #2943
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
What I'll never understand is why some of these murders get so much coverage. People get murdered everyday, but for some reason the public and the media like to pick out one or two every year and put them in the spotlight. A murder is a murder, and I've heard of some innocent guy being shot before. It seems stupid to me to put the spotlight on a single murder out of thousands a year.

I do think they like to pick the most "salacious" -- this one definitely fits. You have all kinds of people riled up about this story. More concerned about it than what's happening inside their government.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #2944
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I do think they like to pick the most "salacious" -- this one definitely fits. You have all kinds of people riled up about this story. More concerned about it than what's happening inside their government.
I mean, I see the pattern, but it's still stupid to me. Especially when people start trying to make broad points off of these individual highly publicized cases. Like using the senator who got shot as a reason to outlaw fire arms. It's like pointing to an individual plane crash and screaming for the production of all planes to cease.
That is pretty much my point. If you want to talk about crime, why are you talking about an individual crime instead of patterns that actually have an impact?
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #2945
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
but this true for any any "race" I have traveled all over the world....and even in the U.S.

I have met people who did not look like the popular view of what thier ethnicity is ....white , black , brown etc....

i was just pointing out...that in the U.S. (or at least in Cali) GZ does not look white....and his mom is Peruvian....and he says he is "Hispanic"

His mom is Peruvian and his dad is actually a Hassidic Jew.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #2946
MJ23forever

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
And the Black Panthers holding rallies and putting bounties on his head?

Cmon, you're better than that. Let's not act like the fringe elements are indicative of the whole group.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...-tshirt-759832

Last edited by MJ23forever : 04-22-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #2947
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
He was suspended for graffiti, the school police officer searched his bag and found 12 pieces of women's jewelry and a screw driver he described as a "burglary tool". There's a twitter conversation he had with his cousin about swinging on a bus driver. There's a facebook conversation where some kid is trying to buy weed from him. He was suspended for having weed at school.

I'm not gonna dig up the links, they are in this thread if you want to find them.

The point is your attempts at character assassination are weak. Neither guy involved were angels.

Proof?

Proof?

Proof?

Why do you people keep spreading lies?
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #2948
MJ23forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
assault on a police officer

nonviolent

Quote:
multiple domestic violence cases

nope.

Quote:
restraining orders

his wife filed restraining orders against him from and he also filed a restraining order against her.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #2949
MJ23forever

"NO LIMIT N1gga if a N1gga wanna step
a N1gga gettin swept"

Old 04-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #2950
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
just my 2 cents ..

there are plenty of spanish speaking 'latinos' who are also white and/or black .. I've stood next to someone I thought was 'white american from tennessee' and someone who I thought was american black and then they opened their mouths and sounded like a cuban straight off the boat .. this is common knowledge of course ..

the latino look you're referring to is the one given to us by the media .. the 'tv and movie latino' everyone sees which is the mestizo(white and amerindian) and what zimmerman is .. but there are plenty of latinos who don't look like that
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Latino - a person considered part of an ethnic background that is traditionally Spanish-speaking

George Zimmerman - His mother is from Peru a South American Spanish speaking country..Zimmerman's father is white but his mother is from Peru. On his voter registration form, for example, Zimmerman checked off the "Hispanic" box. While media described him as "white" Zimmerman's own father calls his son a "Spanish-speaking minority."

Race - scientific community suggest that the idea of race is often used [5] in a naive[6] or simplistic way. Among humans, race has no taxonomic significance; all living humans belong to the same hominid subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens.[7][8] Social conceptions and groupings of races vary over time, involving folk taxonomies [9] that define essential types of individuals based on perceived traits. Scientists consider biological essentialism obsolete,[10] and generally discourage racial explanations for collective differentiation in both physical and behavioral traits

I gave you science and the social construct....GZ isn't white by U.S. categorization ..he would be Hispanic or Latino.

you have alot to learn kid.....

next
You're incredibly stupid. You realize that the original Spanish speakers were white, right? Zimmerman is a white Hispanic; not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp.

To say someone looks Hispanic is like saying someone looks American.

Last edited by ace23 : 04-22-2012 at 09:55 AM.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #2951
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
"NO LIMIT N1gga if a N1gga wanna step
a N1gga gettin swept"

Many kids, black, white, hispanic, etc do ridiculous poses like these trying to appear tough. Hell just checking out fb poses we'd identify a large percentage of teens as thugs if poses like this is your criteria.

Now, is it not possible that Trayvon isn't a thug and George isn't a crazed neighborhood watch guy out to stop a suspected criminal at all costs?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #2952
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

@ those picture, remember when Brandon jennings and some other PG(forgot his name) posed as bloods in a pic? does that mean they're real thugs? should I stalk them in the middle of the night but when I'm told no to?
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #2953
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

ISH posters front as thugged out black youth all day everyday with no reprise but MFers using these pics as "proof?"
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #2954
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
nonviolent

nope.

his wife filed restraining orders against him from and he also filed a restraining order against her.
Lol non violent assault? How does that begi to make sense? He put his hands on a law enforcement officer. He has a criminal record. Along with runins with the law. Zimmermans is 10 times the thug martin was.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #2955
JohnnyWall
Banned

JohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

1. Gold teeth
  2. Several tattoos
  3. Run-ins and suspensions at school
  4. Romanticization of drugs and violence on his facebook and twitter

But we're supposed to believe that there's no way this "little boy" could have actually attacked Zimmerman, right?
JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: