Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #2941
dude77
NBA rookie of the year
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,568
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
So in the time between Zimmerman stalking Martin and the altercation, Trayvon aged 10 years? That's some extreme reverse Benjamin Button shit right there. Zimmerman blatantly lied because he knows that killing a 26 or 27 year old isn't as atrocious as killing a 17 year old in the court of public opinion. It was just a publicity stunt and it backfired on him. Also didn't help that he said 'I didn't know if he was armed or not' meaning he consciously made the decision to pursue Martin while armed and possibly expected an altercation (he could've easily left his gun in the glove compartment of his car before pursuing Martin).

And the real story is that both the prosecution and defense know that only 'snippets' of evidence has been released by the prosecution. The murder charge had nothing to do with the public, but with the evidence:

O'Mara said Saturday that he expects the prosecution was holding back some evidence that is key to its case during Friday's court hearing.

"I'm sure the state has a lot more information," the lawyer said, describing what was presented Friday as "snippets of the evidence." "I'm just looking forward to getting it."
So O'Mara does not even know what type of information the State has. Hopefully Zimmerman hasn't lied to him as blatantly and shamelessly as he has to everyone else, otherwise it might be a huge embarrassment for the defense...

zimmerman wasn't stalking anyone .. you're referring to him as if he's some killer on the prey for his next kill .. he was a neighbor .. looking out for his neighborhood and being vigilant after having a multitude of break ins happen ..

tray tray is 17 .. some 17 yr olds look older in the face .. zimmerman said 'late teens' from afar .. your perception of how old someone looks may change when you get up close .. I don't know how many times I've spotted some guy from afar and thought 'oh that's a young guy' only to see him up close and find that the guy looks almost 40 .. not that 40 is old .. 40 is young but I'm speaking in relation to teenage/early 20s young

again .. kenny rodgers admitted they have NO evidence to show who attacked who .. they can't prove zimmerman wasn't attacked .. straight from the investigator's mouth .. yet they charged him with murder 2 and want to put him away for life .. and you don't think this had anything to do with public pressure to try to hang this guy ?

Last edited by dude77 : 04-22-2012 at 02:42 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #2942
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 20,502
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
zimmerman wasn't stalking anyone .. you're referring to him as if he's some killer on the prey for his next kill .. he was a neighbor .. looking out for his neighborhood and being vigilant after having a multitude of break ins happen ..

He stalked and profiled Martin and he made that clear in the 911 dispatch. He already decided Martin was 'suspicious' and 'one of those punks that always gets away with it'. He then left his vehicle to pursue him while armed when he could've left his gun in the glove compartment (he now claims it's because he didn't know whether or not Martin was armed). I don't think he went out looking to kill a teenager that day, but he had already made up his mind to A) follow/pursue Martin while armed B) that Martin was a criminal who was about to get away and he had to do something personally to make sure that didn't happen.

Quote:
tray tray is 17 .. some 17 yr olds look older in the face .. zimmerman said 'late teens' from afar .. your perception of how old someone looks may change when you get up close .. I don't know how many times I've spotted some guy from afar and thought 'oh that's a young guy' only to see him up close and find that the guy looks almost 40 ..

Whatever reason you can try to concoct for the contradiction, the fact still remains- during the 911 call, Zimmerman TWICE confirms Trayvon appeared to be 'in his late teens' but then when he took the stand to 'apologize' to Martin's parents, he claims he thought Martin was in his late 20s.

Quote:
again .. kenny rodgers admitted they have NO evidence to show who attacked who .. they can't prove zimmerman wasn't attacked .. straight from the investigator's mouth .. yet they charged him with murder 2 and want to put him away for life .. and you don't think this had anything to do with public pressure to try to hang this guy ?

Again... both the prosecution and defense know that the vast majority of evidence the state compiled has been withheld until the trial. The defense has not had the privilege of reviewing said evidence yet. We will all have to wait until the trial to see why the State is convinced Zimmerman murdered the teen-aged Martin and does not believe his ever changing version of the events of that night.

But keep doing what you're doing
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #2943
JohnnyWall
Banned
 
JohnnyWall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,174
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
He stalked and profiled Martin and he made that clear in the 911 dispatch. He already decided Martin was 'suspicious' and 'one of those punks that always gets away with it'. He then left his vehicle to pursue him while armed when he could've left his gun in the glove compartment (he now claims it's because he didn't know whether or not Martin was armed). I don't think he went out looking to kill a teenager that day, but he had already made up his mind to A) follow/pursue Martin while armed B) that Martin was a criminal who was about to get away and he had to do something personally to make sure that didn't happen.

How is it stalking to see a hooded figure peering into houses in the middle of the rain at night, call the police, then start following that person when he runs? Guilty people run. If Trayvon were truly innocent and just on his merry way home to enjoy his skittles, he wouldn't break into an all-out sprint when seeing a guy in a truck on his phone with the cops. If he were truly innocent and scared of the guy in the truck, he might start walking in the other direction and call 911. But no, he breaks into a run, loses sight of Zimmerman, gets on the phone with his girlfriend, and gets enough to courage to confront and attack Zimmerman. Big mistake, obviously.

I don't doubt that Trayvon was up to no good when Zimmerman stumbled upon him. He started walking towards Zimmerman's truck with his hand in his waistband, probably trying to intimidate him and make him think he's "strapped". Then after seeing that Zimmerman was on the phone with the cops, he flees. Probably not wanting to look like a coward on the phone with his girlfriend, he "stepped to" Zimmerman and started attacking him. Zimmerman yelled for help, none of the cowardly neighbors came out, and he was forced to shoot his attacker.

Last edited by JohnnyWall : 04-22-2012 at 03:37 PM.
JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #2944
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
He stalked and profiled Martin and he made that clear in the 911 dispatch. He already decided Martin was 'suspicious' and 'one of those punks that always gets away with it'. He then left his vehicle to pursue him while armed when he could've left his gun in the glove compartment (he now claims it's because he didn't know whether or not Martin was armed). I don't think he went out looking to kill a teenager that day, but he had already made up his mind to A) follow/pursue Martin while armed B) that Martin was a criminal who was about to get away and he had to do something personally to make sure that didn't happen.

Is his claim to knowing whether or not Martin had a gun or not false? There's no way for him to know, and it's better to have it and not need then need it and not have it.

Look at the fundamental argument Martin supporters make, it keeps switching. Always trying to find some reason why the guilty black man was actually innocent, if justice is to be served Zimmerman will walk free and clear. Martin supporters compelling arguments about Trayvon's age/size are debunked because according to witnesses reports he started the fight, he didn't seem to mind the size difference and still felt he had a shot. He double backed and confronted Zimmerman.

Then they go on to claim Zimmerman had no marks showing a struggle, the photos were released and proved otherwise.

Then they go on to claim Martin's background as merit to his character, but he was suspended for a violent crime and his backpack had women's jewelry in it with a screwdriver again proving you wrong.

The phone call with someone screaming, hasn't been proved to be either Martin or Zimmerman, but Trayvon's father himself admits it's not his son, but has still yet to be verified.

You have black pride terrorists campegning for the capture and death of Zimmerman, you want equality yet you don't mind someone posting this hateful and illegal agenda.

Last edited by MJ23forever : 04-22-2012 at 03:51 PM.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #2945
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,139
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Is it confirmed that he was peering into houses? Is that in the original 911 transcripts? I've looked at them and unless I missed something, George Zimmerman states that Trayvon looked "suspicious".

Quote:
Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.

(bit of conversation removed)

Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area...
Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.

So, he's.. just looking at houses? Or looked in them? I look at houses all the time when I'm walking through neighborhoods. My eyes are always scanning around, up and down, left to right. Looking all over. There's a difference between walking around looking at stuff and say, walking in someone's yard, scoping it out, etc. I haven't seen anything in the original transcripts that says Martin was that.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #2946
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,099
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Is it confirmed that he was peering into houses? Is that in the original 911 transcripts? I've looked at them and unless I missed something, George Zimmerman states that Trayvon looked "suspicious".



So, he's.. just looking at houses? Or looked in them? I look at houses all the time when I'm walking through neighborhoods. My eyes are always scanning around, up and down, left to right. Looking all over. There's a difference between walking around looking at stuff and say, walking in someone's yard, scoping it out, etc. I haven't seen anything in the original transcripts that says Martin was that.
Exactly. Its not illegal to look at houses. And its clear martin wasnt intending to break into a house cuz he didnt have "burglary tools" the night he was killed. Nor was he high or drunk. He was walking home.

And I no longer believe zimmerman "stalked" martin. But its clear he profiled him.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #2947
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 12,641
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Is his claim to knowing whether or not Martin had a gun or not false? There's no way for him to know, and it's better to have it and not need then need it and not have it.

It's far, far better to not be an idiot and follow someone you think is suspicious and who you think may be armed, and instead let the cops handle it. Zimmerman is not a cop and he had no duty to go follow and confront someone as if he was a cop. If the moron thought he needed the gun, then he should have stayed in his truck and let someone with the ability to handle the situation deal with it.

Quote:
Look at the fundamental argument Martin supporters make, it keeps switching. Always trying to find some reason why the guilty black man was actually innocent

What is this nonsense? You're the guy who keeps posting pics of Martin flicking off a camera as if that means anything at all. Who gives a shit if some kid flicked off a camera? It has no relevance. You're trying to make Zimmerman look completely innocent no matter what. Race has nothing to do with this, but people like you keep bringing it up.

Quote:
if justice is to be served Zimmerman will walk free and clear.

How do you know that would be justice? You're far too biased...

Quote:
Martin supporters compelling arguments about Trayvon's age/size are debunked because according to witnesses reports he started the fight, he didn't seem to mind the size difference and still felt he had a shot. He double backed and confronted Zimmerman.

Proof?

Quote:
Then they go on to claim Martin's background as merit to his character, but he was suspended for a violent crime and his backpack had women's jewelry in it with a screwdriver again proving you wrong.

Why do you keep making things up to demonize the kid?

Quote:
You have black pride terrorists campegning for the capture and death of Zimmerman, you want equality yet you don't mind someone posting this hateful and illegal agenda.

Who here has supported this? You sound desperate.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #2948
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Nor was he high or drunk.

Well he did have marijuana and codeine in his blood toxicology already found that, but they can't say how recent it was, but it was in his blood stream.

btw even if you believe that he did indeed profile him, profiling someone is not illegal. if Zimmerman suspected Trayvon because of his race and called the cops because of that, that is not illegal and has no bearing on the case.

anyhow I highly doubt Zimmerman is racist. he even protested a case where a white cop beat up a black criminal, he voted democrat and had black family members and friends, and somehow the media and race baiting blacks and white liberals are painting him as some crazy racist nazi that was hunting for black teenagers.

Last edited by MJ23forever : 04-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #2949
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,139
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Well he did have marijuana and codeine in his blood toxicology already found that, but they can't say how recent it was, but it was in his blood stream.

Do you have a source for this? I just tried to look it up on Google but couldn't really find anything.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #2950
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,099
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Do you have a source for this? I just tried to look it up on Google but couldn't really find anything.
You cant find it cuz its not true. If you remember, one of the biggest problems people had in this situation was that they tested the victim but not the assailant. And the police stated he had nothing in his system
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #2951
dude77
NBA rookie of the year
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,568
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Whatever reason you can try to concoct for the contradiction, the fact still remains- during the 911 call, Zimmerman TWICE confirms Trayvon appeared to be 'in his late teens' but then when he took the stand to 'apologize' to Martin's parents, he claims he thought Martin was in his late 20s.

?? I just gave a perfectly reasonable explanation for that .. way to conveniently ignore it .. and no, he didn't claim he was in his late 20s .. he said 'little younger than me' .. zimmerman's 28 .. that can mean anywhere from 23-26 .. many 17 yr olds can pass for 20-24 so him saying that after seeing him up close is perfectly reasonable .. he's not claiming trayvon was 14 then changing it to 35



Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Again... both the prosecution and defense know that the vast majority of evidence the state compiled has been withheld until the trial. The defense has not had the privilege of reviewing said evidence yet. We will all have to wait until the trial to see why the State is convinced Zimmerman murdered the teen-aged Martin and does not believe his ever changing version of the events of that night.

everyone keeps claiming the prosecution has all this damning evidence yet they showed nothing to try to keep him in jail .. they just let him go .. a man being charged with 2nd degree murder and they allowed him to post bail and most probably leave the state ? .. instead of showing why this cold blooded murderer should not be let go

yep, I sense a lot of damning evidence coming .. and then you have kenny rodgers admitting they don't know who attacked who .. so what is this 'damning evidence' going to show if they can't prove zimmerman wasn't attacked ? .. good luck with erasing that reasonable doubt in the jury

Last edited by dude77 : 04-22-2012 at 07:03 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #2952
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,377
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Whatever reason you can try to concoct for the contradiction, the fact still remains- during the 911 call, Zimmerman TWICE confirms Trayvon appeared to be 'in his late teens' but then when he took the stand to 'apologize' to Martin's parents, he claims he thought Martin was in his late 20s.
Regardless on what you think of Zimmerman, good, bad, or indifferent, you can't possibly say that 'he lied' is the only explanation. How can you actually sit there and pretend that it isn't a possibility that Zimmerman thought he was late teens (it was raining and Zimmerman couldn't even confirm for sure if he was even black or not at first) from a ways away and when he got a better look at him, changed his mind?

I'm not saying Zimmerman isn't lying. I'm just saying for you to sit there and act like the one and only possibility is that he is lying and any other reason is merely "concocted" is a pretty ignorant viewpoint from a guy who is usually one of the most reasonable and down the middle around here.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #2953
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 20,502
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Regardless on what you think of Zimmerman, good, bad, or indifferent, you can't possibly say that 'he lied' is the only explanation. How can you actually sit there and pretend that it isn't a possibility that Zimmerman thought he was late teens (it was raining and Zimmerman couldn't even confirm for sure if he was even black or not at first) from a ways away and when he got a better look at him, changed his mind?

I'm not saying Zimmerman isn't lying. I'm just saying for you to sit there and act like the one and only possibility is that he is lying and any other reason is merely "concocted" is a pretty ignorant viewpoint from a guy who is usually one of the most reasonable and down the middle around here.

Call it what you want but the fact is when Zimmerman came to the conclusion that Martin was a criminal up to no good and decided to follow him while armed with a handgun, he made it clear TWICE to the 911 dispatcher that he thought Martin was in his late teens. So regardless of whether or not Trayvon magically aged a decade once he got up close, he initially saw that he was just a teenager when he decided to chase after him with a gun.

He just now realizes that killing an adult isn't as poorly regarded in the public as killing a child, which is what he did. It's not like he said 'At first I correctly assumed he was a teenager as I made clear twice to the 911 dispatcher while I followed your son with a gun on me, but then once I got closer he suddenly appeared a decade older'. He tried to make it seem like the entire time he assumed he was following someone who was around his age (who he thought was possibly armed for whatever reason), which at best is clearly disingenuous.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #2954
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,604
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
How is it stalking to see a hooded figure peering into houses in the middle of the rain at night, call the police, then start following that person when he runs? Guilty people run.


Let me tell you a little story about when I was a kid.


I was about 8 or 9 years old....Walking through a church parking lot near my house. I decided to cut through an area that would take me directly past the church doors...


Anyway, a man saw me do this, and proceeded to start his motorcycle up, and drive very fast toward me.



As you might imagine, I had NO idea wtf this man wanted...but he looked pissed...so...I ran. Yes....I ran because I was afraid.



I ran and jumped a nearby wall and as I did, he got off his bike, and screamed at me. This man was ENRAGED....told me that us kids need to stop ringing the doorbell of the church and running, and blah blah blah. He was screaming this at me so much that it brought me to tears.



I did absolutely nothing wrong. So what if he would have caught me? What then? He already painted me as something I wasnt, so how would i convince him otherwise as he was in that state of mind?




The message im trying to convey here, is that ANYONE runs bro.....ESPECIALLY if they're afraid.


Various reports state that there is a possibly Trayvon had NO idea WTF George Zimmerman wanted with him.



All Trayvon possibly saw, was this man, on a phone, eye-balling him up and following him.


This is what could have happened from Tray's point of view.



Running does NOT = "guilt" dude.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #2955
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,377
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
So regardless of whether or not Trayvon magically aged a decade once he got up close, he initially saw that he was just a teenager when he decided to chase after him with a gun.
If this is your point, you've got no argument from me. I'm just addressing your comment about Zimmerman lying (which could very well be), and saying that there are certainly other possibilities outside of him just trying to rewrite history.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy