Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #16
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,398
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

you guys are idiots if u dont think its dumb to post up a pic of the victim 10 years ago and ask if he looks threatening

that said, obviously hope the guy get what he deserves
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,398
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
Link?

link to what? i dont see them say he had a shotgun anywhere
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY
 
Flagrant 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: کالی
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

This man will die in cold blood. I wish him the slowest of deaths.
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
Nanners
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,197
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
you guys are idiots if u dont think its dumb to post up a pic of the victim 10 years ago and ask if he looks threatening

that said, obviously hope the guy get what he deserves

first of all, 10 years ago he is a first grader. so you are telling me that he looks 7 years old in the picture i posted? just shut the fvck up, i picked one of the first pictures i found with the two guys side by side off google images.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...Dci AK9-eGkDw

this is what you get with a google image search. he looks like a kid in every single picture.


i bet you are one of those guys who quickly crosses to the other side of the street when you see a young black man walking down the side walk towards you.

Last edited by Nanners : 03-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,398
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
first of all, 10 years ago he is a first grader. so you are telling me that he looks 7 years old in the picture i posted? just shut the fvck up, i picked one of the first pictures i found with the two guys side by side off google images.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...Dci AK9-eGkDw

this is what you get with a google image search. he looks like a kid in every single picture.


i bet you are one of those guys who quickly crosses to the other side of the street when you see a young black man walking down the side walk towards you.


lol youre so dumb ...

just cause i point out that its obviously dumb to show a pic of a kid as an adolescent (i know a guy whos 6 year old plays pee wee football and he doesnt look much younger than him) as opposed to him now being 17, and ask if he looks threatening. if u dont get that youre just an idiot. and then you gotta come with the retarded statement about me being scared of blacks. Im from brooklyn, not whereever ur from
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
Nanners
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,197
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
lol youre so dumb ...

just cause i point out that its obviously dumb to show a pic of a kid as an adolescent (i know a guy whos 6 year old plays pee wee football and he doesnt look much younger than him) as opposed to him now being 17, and ask if he looks threatening. if u dont get that youre just an idiot. and then you gotta come with the retarded statement about me being scared of blacks. Im from brooklyn, not whereever ur from


shut your stupid face, click on my google image search, and find me some pictures where trayvon does not look like a child. you dont think it might be possible that maybe he looked young?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #22
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,398
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
the police are still calling it self defense... yeah im sure pillsbury doughboy over here was in a lot of danger from this kid



BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 16,386
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
shut your stupid face, click on my google image search, and find me some pictures where trayvon does not look like a child. you dont think it might be possible that maybe he looked young?

Those are all pictures from when he was like 12.

This is a more recent picture of the victim:

LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
Rake2204
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,243
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

I find this back-and-forth about who may or may not be intimidating at a certain age to be completely aside from the point.

For those who are quite familiar with the story, has there been any information released as to how Zimmerman ultimately came in contact with Martin? I've followed up on a couple of links but so far I haven't come across a clear answer of how their paths ultimately crossed. The Zimmerman phone call ends with him following Martin, as he was told he didn't have to do. Did Zimmerman eventually catch up to him and engage? I assume as such, but I know better than to always assume things in cases like this.

Further, I undoubtedly believed the screams heard on the phone call were that of Martin, until I read a few comments from folks who believed the screams were actually coming from Zimmerman. Reading further, that's still a hang up with police, correct? They think it might be Zimmerman yelling for help? Is there a way they'll be able to tell who it is yelling, definitively?

If that's indeed Martin yelling, I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that a random neighborhood watch volunteer can become suspicious of anyone he feels, pursue them, then ultimately become a part of a scuffle that leads to the shooting death of an innocent victim. Yes, a very large issue is the fact that Zimmerman's initial suspicion may have stemmed from the fact that Martin's black. However, race aside, what Zimmerman did appears to be wrong on thirty seven thousand different levels.

I'm quite curious to hear what happened between the end of Zimmerman's call and the final gunshot. From all the surrounding information, we seem to be able to fill in the blanks, but I know sometimes things don't always add up how we think they do, so I suppose I'll hang on for more.

I'm just trying to put a picture together. If I'm walking in a neighborhood of a relative (that is to say, a neighborhood that I'm not completely familiar with) and I see a man staring at me talking on the phone, very likely about me, what would I do? If he then pursued me, then what would I do? If he tried to then physically detain me, would I counter-act? If he told me the police were on their way, would I get salty and defensive? I'm struggling to see a way how Zimmerman somehow does not receive any blame here.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 03-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #25
Nanners
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,197
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
and he hasn't been arrested? The dude was arrested for battery on a police a while back, I'm pretty sure it's illegal for felons to carry pistols... not to mention kill innocent fvcking children

i have read that he was studying criminal defense... hoping to be a cop someday. he will make a fine cop considering how good he is at shooting innocent black teens.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #26
Nanners
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,197
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I find this back-and-forth about who may or may not be intimidating at a certain age to be completely aside from the point.
agreed. im sorry that i was involved with derailing this thread. should have just ignored the troll.
Quote:
Further, I undoubtedly believed the screams heard on the phone call were that of Martin, until I read a few comments from folks who believed the screams were actually coming from Zimmerman. Reading further, that's still a hang up with police, correct? They think it might be Zimmerman yelling for help? Is there a way they'll be able to tell who it is yelling, definitively?

i think it was almost certainly martin yelling. first there is one gunshot, then the screaming gets really loud. after the second gunshot the screaming instantly stops. the theory that zimmerman was yelling for help doesnt make a lot of sense considering the timeline with the two gunshots.

Last edited by Nanners : 03-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #27
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,398
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
agreed. im sorry that i was involved with derailing this thread. should have just ignored the troll.


i think it was almost certainly martin yelling. first there is one gunshot, then the screaming gets really loud. after the second gunshot the screaming instantly stops. the theory that zimmerman was yelling for help doesnt make a lot of sense considering the timeline with the two gunshots.


so dumb
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #28
Rake2204
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,243
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
why would a dude with a pistol be screaming for help? the kid had no weapons, was smaller then the shooter.... I don't see why he would be screaming for help, those screams were from a dying man
That's my thought as well. I never for a second thought otherwise until I lingered down to the comments section. Then, after reading a related article on how some folks insisted it was Zimmerman, I began trying to stretch my imagination and paint other scenarios in my head. I wondered if Martin could have somehow turned the tables and was serving up a rightfully vicious beating upon Zimmerman for trying to detain or confront a random person walking around until Zimmerman was able to reach his weapon and discharge it in response.

Or, as much as this sounds like a movie, I put together a scenario where maybe Zimmerman attempted to detain Martin by flashing his pistol, at which point fighting commenced, with a battle over the weapon, creating hysteria on both ends as lives were at stake.

But to be sure, none of the scenarios I could dream up featuring Zimmerman as the screamer seem to make any lick of sense in the long run. Logically speaking, this paints itself as Martin yelling for his life before being gunned down by someone who decided in his head who he wanted to be "suspicious". Cliche, but it reminds me of the scene in Crash where the passenger is reaching into his waistband for his plastic Jesus while getting a ride home, leading to his being gunned down.

As we know though, prosecutors are going to need evidence as opposed to logic in terms of figuring out what happened between the end of Zimmerman's phone call and the beginning of the call featuring the screams.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
CelticBaller
You mad?
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 14,795
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Sick fvck
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #30
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,175
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus



the shithead called 911 a total of 47 times on New Years?

dude is crazy.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy