Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #3691
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
I wouldn't call Trayvon an innocent, poor teenager. Remember the man was suspended for marijuana use, and he probably threw the first punch.

Oh no, a teenager smoking weed? Looks like George 'Death Wish' Zimmerman has a LOT of kids to kill if simply smoking weed is justifiable cause for a homicide.

Quote:
For whatever reason, he didn't see or use the address in front of his car. But at the point he leaves his car, he wants to see where he is going. Whether or not he had time to even see the address is unknowable to anyone except Zimmerman himself. Remember that he was watching a suspicious person walking through the neighborhood, not sure if he had a weapon or not, checking him out. The last thing he would want to do is take his eyes off him. Maybe he did have time to see the sign, but once Trayvon took off (running or skipping or whatever), he was out of the car and looking after him.

Actually, he stalked a kid who was walking home from the store.

Quote:
Tell me why he SHOULD NOT have gotten out of the car.

See- Martin, Trayvon; homicide.

Neighborhood Watch members are told specifically not to act as vigilantes, and are discouraged from carrying weapons even if licensed. If you are not a law enforcement official, you have no right or cause to chase after 'suspects' while armed.

Quote:
Keeping an eye on someone is not an act of violence. It's an act of watching, thus neighborhood watch. Yes, the situation escalated into something more, but assume that Martin WAS going to rob a house. Is it not better to keep an eye on a suspicious person? Why risk having another one slip away? Could Zimmerman know that Martin would attack him out of the shadows?

Why the hell would Zimmerman assume that Trayvon running away from him was a sign that he was going to rob houses? That makes absolutely no sense. And Neighborhood watch people, as stated above, are told NOT to pursue people, simply observe from a safe place and inform the police/dispatch. This is what the coordinator of the Sanford watch program said when asked about her dealings with Zimmerman:
Furthermore, Wendy Dorival, a local police officer who coordinates neighborhood watch programs, says that she told Zimmerman in September 2011 never to take matters into his own hands:

“I said, ‘If it’s someone you don’t recognize, call us. We’ll figure it out. . . Observe from a safe location.' There’s even a slide about not being vigilante police. I don’t know how many more times I can repeat it.”
Doesn't get much clearer than that, and she will say the same when she takes the stand. It's called the neighborhood watch, not the neighborhood vigilante police.

And again, you're taking the word of a proven liar that he was attacked unprovoked... by a kid who had just run away from him, who he subsequently chased after. Here's a question I'd like you to tackle, one that the detective asked Zimmerman and he was unable (:cough: unwilling) to answer- what set Trayvon off to the point that he allegedly wanted to kill this stranger he had never seen before, who he had just run from?

Quote:
Is that woman that claimed Zimmerman was on top the same that later retracted her story?

Nope, she's been consistent with her claim that Zimmerman was on top at the moment the shot was fired. The person who retracted their story was the witness known as 'John' who originally claimed he saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman 'MMA style' and saw Zimmerman screaming for help. He has since changed his story that he saw Trayvon on top at the moment he saw them, but he didn't see any strikes or blows thrown, just a struggle, and that he didn't see who was screaming for help, he just ASSUMED it was the guy at the bottom.

Quote:
Wrapping up, his further actions the rest of the day make no sense if he shoots him then turns him over, followed by him cooperating with police. There is no way a good story could come about in such a short time. No way, especially one that holds up well over scrutiny.

And Zimm's story (stories) has not held up well under scrutiny. There's a million videos and blogs out there devoted to picking apart his bullshit. See a few pages back when I posted the video of the interviews police conducted with Zimmerman. The lead, Detective Serino, didn't believe Zimmerman's story and wanted him to be charged with manslaughter (before he had seen the forensics evidence, just based on the interviews). But people within the department and DA's office who had personal ties to Zimmerman's family/friends, disregarded Serino's capia for arrest. Those people resigned before the heat really came down on them. IMO a proper investigation has to be conducted about what happened there.

Last edited by DonDadda59 : 09-25-2012 at 09:40 PM.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #3692
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Size advantage? What a laugh! Martin is inches taller than Zimmerman, and a man in high school is probably going to be in better shape than someone who weighs around 160 pounds and is 30.

Is someone bashing your head against the pavement a great thing to do to someone's chances of living?

First of all, Zimmerman's story about getting his head repeatedly bashed on the concrete is bullshit. All of the witnesses say the action took place about 4 feet away from the concrete path, entirely on the grass. Did Zimmerman 'shimmy' that entire distance with Trayvon on top of him, supposedly beating and smothering him? And as several people have pointed out- his story is inconsistent with his injuries. Continued head bashing on concrete would've resulted in skull fractures and a concussion, not two small scratches.

According to the official documents, George Zimmerman was 5'8" and 200 lbs, Trayvon Martin was 5'11" 158 lbs on the night of the shooting.

If I told you a 28 year old 200 lb heavyweight was going to engage in a wrestling match against a 17 year old 158 lb welterweight/middleweight... Who would you put money on to win?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #3693
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 6,447
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
First of all, Zimmerman's story about getting his head repeatedly bashed on the concrete is bullshit. All of the witnesses say the action took place about 4 feet away from the concrete path, entirely on the grass. Did Zimmerman 'shimmy' that entire distance with Trayvon on top of him, supposedly beating and smothering him? And as several people have pointed out- his story is inconsistent with his injuries. Continued head bashing on concrete would've resulted in skull fractures and a concussion, not two small scratches.

According to the official documents, George Zimmerman was 5'8" and 200 lbs, Trayvon Martin was 5'11" 158 lbs on the night of the shooting.

If I told you a 28 year old 200 lb heavyweight was going to engage in a wrestling match against a 17 year old 158 lb welterweight/middleweight... Who would you put money on to win?

Agreed, Am I crazy, but a 42 year old should be able to beat an 18 year old at the same weight once they are wrestling, he might get winded but should be able to take him down with ease. At 28, a man is far from being at his strongest if he works out everyday with the same weights.

As far as Zim getting his head beat on the ground, where was his hands? Are we to believe Zim just offered his head, for at least the 45 seconds we hear screams on tape that was recorded, and remarkably only come up with two slits on his head as opposed to blotches. Trayvon was supposedly suffocating him and banging his head while on top (yeah Trayvon Anderson Silver), and Zim miracously finds his hands a minute later and has no problem getting the gun out of his holster and shooting Trayvon. His story is filled with lies it crazy. And none of it comes close to matching the screams we hear on tape. To me, the story can be proved by the screams alone.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #3694
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 13,892
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
I wouldn't call Trayvon an innocent, poor teenager. Remember the man was suspended for marijuana use, and he probably threw the first punch.

Oh dear God, he used marijuana! Throw him in jail for life! Who gives a shit if he smoked some weed?

Quote:
Tell me why he SHOULD NOT have gotten out of the car.

So, he wouldn't shoot a kid? Because he doesn't have the training, intelligence, ability, nor responsibility to play Mr. Vigilante? Because it's not his job to do that?

Quote:
Yes, the situation escalated into something more, but assume that Martin WAS going to rob a house.

So, we might as well just assume everyone is about to go do something illegal and we should follow them around with a gun just in case? It's easy to deem anyone as being suspicious especially if you're a paranoid nutbag like Zimmerman.

Quote:
Is it not better to keep an eye on a suspicious person? Why risk having another one slip away?

We should risk having untrained fuckups like Zimmerman following around people with guns on the off chance the person they've targeted is actually about to commit a crime? Doesn't the result of Martin's death show how dangerous that can be? Leave the police work to the police...

Quote:
Size advantage? What a laugh! Martin is inches taller than Zimmerman, and a man in high school is probably going to be in better shape than someone who weighs around 160 pounds and is 30.

Facepalm
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #3695
Math2
Local High School Star
 
Math2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Oh no, a teenager smoking weed? Looks like George 'Death Wish' Zimmerman has a LOT of kids to kill if simply smoking weed is justifiable cause for a homicide.



Actually, he stalked a kid who was walking home from the store.



See- Martin, Trayvon; homicide.

Neighborhood Watch members are told specifically not to act as vigilantes, and are discouraged from carrying weapons even if licensed. If you are not a law enforcement official, you have no right or cause to chase after 'suspects' while armed.



Why the hell would Zimmerman assume that Trayvon running away from him was a sign that he was going to rob houses? That makes absolutely no sense. And Neighborhood watch people, as stated above, are told NOT to pursue people, simply observe from a safe place and inform the police/dispatch. This is what the coordinator of the Sanford watch program said when asked about her dealings with Zimmerman:
Furthermore, Wendy Dorival, a local police officer who coordinates neighborhood watch programs, says that she told Zimmerman in September 2011 never to take matters into his own hands:

“I said, ‘If it’s someone you don’t recognize, call us. We’ll figure it out. . . Observe from a safe location.' There’s even a slide about not being vigilante police. I don’t know how many more times I can repeat it.”
Doesn't get much clearer than that, and she will say the same when she takes the stand. It's called the neighborhood watch, not the neighborhood vigilante police.

And again, you're taking the word of a proven liar that he was attacked unprovoked... by a kid who had just run away from him, who he subsequently chased after. Here's a question I'd like you to tackle, one that the detective asked Zimmerman and he was unable (:cough: unwilling) to answer- what set Trayvon off to the point that he allegedly wanted to kill this stranger he had never seen before, who he had just run from?



Nope, she's been consistent with her claim that Zimmerman was on top at the moment the shot was fired. The person who retracted their story was the witness known as 'John' who originally claimed he saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman 'MMA style' and saw Zimmerman screaming for help. He has since changed his story that he saw Trayvon on top at the moment he saw them, but he didn't see any strikes or blows thrown, just a struggle, and that he didn't see who was screaming for help, he just ASSUMED it was the guy at the bottom.



And Zimm's story (stories) has not held up well under scrutiny. There's a million videos and blogs out there devoted to picking apart his bullshit. See a few pages back when I posted the video of the interviews police conducted with Zimmerman. The lead, Detective Serino, didn't believe Zimmerman's story and wanted him to be charged with manslaughter (before he had seen the forensics evidence, just based on the interviews). But people within the department and DA's office who had personal ties to Zimmerman's family/friends, disregarded Serino's capia for arrest. Those people resigned before the heat really came down on them. IMO a proper investigation has to be conducted about what happened there.


What I was saying about the marijuana was that he's not the goody two shoes that you claim he is. He's not someone who visiting his dad and girlfriend under innocent circumstances. In fact, he was suspended multiple times before that, once for suspected robbery....Oh, sorry, Trayvon's mom doesn't want everyone to know that. You know, something about his "reputation". Or are we even allowed to use his name now that it's trademarked?

He "stalked" a kid who was walking around slowly in the rain, looking dazed, and with his hand in his waistband. Perfectly normal.

Sure, he's homicide, but all that means that his cause of death was from another person. Not Trayvon Martin - Murdered.

Again, he thought that the "keep an eye on him" from the police dispatcher meant for him to get out of the car. No, it's not the best idea, but it's not like he said "**** it, I'm chasing this kid".

Why is someone running away from someone not suspicious? Robbers don't really hang around cops (or people they think are cops). They go away from them. Why is that an unusual reaction?

Why did Martin want to kill him? Who knows. Maybe because he was following him. But what makes you think that Zimmerman wants to kill Martin anymore than Martin wants to kill Zimmerman. Neither had much provocation. But Martin was the one who was on his way to the wrong path as a convict.

Why should Zimmerman be able to answer what set him off? He wouldn't know anymore than why Zimmerman was there.

Funny you should bring up Serino. He was grilling him to see how his story is, and he later said that he thought that Zimmerman was telling the truth....
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #3696
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,343
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
What I was saying about the marijuana was that he's not the goody two shoes that you claim he is. He's not someone who visiting his dad and girlfriend under innocent circumstances. In fact, he was suspended multiple times before that, once for suspected robbery....Oh, sorry, Trayvon's mom doesn't want everyone to know that. You know, something about his "reputation". Or are we even allowed to use his name now that it's trademarked?

He "stalked" a kid who was walking around slowly in the rain, looking dazed, and with his hand in his waistband. Perfectly normal.

Sure, he's homicide, but all that means that his cause of death was from another person. Not Trayvon Martin - Murdered.

Again, he thought that the "keep an eye on him" from the police dispatcher meant for him to get out of the car. No, it's not the best idea, but it's not like he said "**** it, I'm chasing this kid".

Why is someone running away from someone not suspicious? Robbers don't really hang around cops (or people they think are cops). They go away from them. Why is that an unusual reaction?

Why did Martin want to kill him? Who knows. Maybe because he was following him. But what makes you think that Zimmerman wants to kill Martin anymore than Martin wants to kill Zimmerman. Neither had much provocation. But Martin was the one who was on his way to the wrong path as a convict.

Why should Zimmerman be able to answer what set him off? He wouldn't know anymore than why Zimmerman was there.

Funny you should bring up Serino. He was grilling him to see how his story is, and he later said that he thought that Zimmerman was telling the truth....


Good lord Please just stop already.... lol You are all over the place and none of it makes one bit of sense...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #3697
97 bulls
3-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,879
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
What I was saying about the marijuana was that he's not the goody two shoes that you claim he is. He's not someone who visiting his dad and girlfriend under innocent circumstances. In fact, he was suspended multiple times before that, once for suspected robbery....Oh, sorry, Trayvon's mom doesn't want everyone to know that. You know, something about his "reputation". Or are we even allowed to use his name now that it's trademarked?
He was never suspened for suspected robbery. His parents said that was the first time they ever heard of that accusation. Why didn't the police get involved?


He "stalked" a kid who was walking around slowly in the rain, looking dazed, and with his hand in his waistband. Perfectly normal.
Even if Martin was doing that, that not illegal.


Sure, he's homicide, but all that means that his cause of death was from another person. Not Trayvon Martin - Murdered.

Again, he thought that the "keep an eye on him" from the police dispatcher meant for him to get out of the car. No, it's not the best idea, but it's not like he said "**** it, I'm chasing this kid".
The dispatcher never said "keep an eye on him". When Zimmerman says "oh shit he's running", the dispatcher asks him which direction did he go and zimmerman said "toward the back gate".


Why is someone running away from someone not suspicious? Robbers don't really hang around cops (or people they think are cops). They go away from them. Why is that an unusual reaction?
This is a moot point. Martin wasn't doing aanything wrong. He wasn't a criminal. So why would he have run as if he were a criminal? What's more, is zimmermans not law enforcement. He wasn't driving a governtment vehicle of any type. But he's following Martin. Just the fact that you think Martin should've thought that way says a lot about you.

Why did Martin want to kill him? Who knows. Maybe because he was following him. But what makes you think that Zimmerman wants to kill Martin anymore than Martin wants to kill Zimmerman. Neither had much provocation. But Martin was the one who was on his way to the wrong path as a convict.
I find it funny when people say Martin was on his way to being a convict. Zimmerman is the one with multiple runins with the law. And has an arrest record.


Why should Zimmerman be able to answer what set him off? He wouldn't know anymore than why Zimmerman was there.

Funny you should bring up Serino. He was grilling him to see how his story is, and he later said that he thought that Zimmerman was telling the truth....
That's not what he said initially. I think he said that in an attempt to get back into the good graces of his superiors. He was demoted soon after. In his report, he said Zimmerman story seemed scripted and rehearsed
Did you watch the links sent to you?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #3698
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 12,202
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Is this still going on?

Gawd I hated it. Blacks vs. Whites (Though the man was Hispanic)...same ol bullsh*t the media pumps all the time. And the same bigot bastards on both sides jump and say dumb sh*t.

Any how...case is simple...dude killed the kid for no good reason. Should be man slaughter. Put that f*cker in jail...and I feel bad for the kids family. THAT'S IT!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #3699
Riddler
D-94
 
Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: D-Town
Posts: 4,777
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Is this still going on?

+1
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #3700
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Funny you should bring up Serino. He was grilling him to see how his story is, and he later said that he thought that Zimmerman was telling the truth....

Like Rasheed pointed out, your post was meandering and nonsensical but I just wanted to specifically address the bullshit above.
Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...4#.UGOIfZjA_PG
Obviously, the detectives ate up George's bullshit
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #3701
Math2
Local High School Star
 
Math2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Like Rasheed pointed out, your post was meandering and nonsensical but I just wanted to specifically address the bullshit above.
Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...4#.UGOIfZjA_PG
Obviously, the detectives ate up George's bullshit


http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4087099.story

Oh, I agree, he ate it up. Serino was totally unconvinced.

Only conviction we'll see here would probably be of the prosecution.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #3702
millwad
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,712
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

The US really needs better gun laws..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #3703
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4087099.story

Oh, I agree, he ate it up. Serino was totally unconvinced.

Only conviction we'll see here would probably be of the prosecution.

Jesus, you're still on this?

So basically the defense is going to call FORMER Chief Bill Lee to the stand and that's supposed to help their case? The man was forced to resign because of the controversy over the case and allegations of corruption/conspiracy, I'm sure the jury is going to take his word on the matter.

Detective Serino pressed the SA and his superiors to file manslaughter charges (BEFORE he had the full scope of evidence- ballistics, forensics, dna, etc), that is a fact, nothing in that article disputes that. O'Mara is just fishing for anything at this point and hoping against hope that the beached whale named Zimmerman will somehow wriggle free from a life sentence.

And what exactly would the prosecution be convicted of exactly?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #3704
Math2
Local High School Star
 
Math2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Jesus, you're still on this?

So basically the defense is going to call FORMER Chief Bill Lee to the stand and that's supposed to help their case? The man was forced to resign because of the controversy over the case and allegations of corruption/conspiracy, I'm sure the jury is going to take his word on the matter.

Detective Serino pressed the SA and his superiors to file manslaughter charges (BEFORE he had the full scope of evidence- ballistics, forensics, dna, etc), that is a fact, nothing in that article disputes that. O'Mara is just fishing for anything at this point and hoping against hope that the beached whale named Zimmerman will somehow wriggle free from a life sentence.

And what exactly would the prosecution be convicted of exactly?

What exactly does he wiggle free from? What real evidence does the prosecution have now?
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #3705
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
What exactly does he wiggle free from? What real evidence does the prosecution have now?

911 calls, DNA testing, forensics analysis, ballistics, witness testimony, and George's own contradictory narrative.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy