Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #3691
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
What I was saying about the marijuana was that he's not the goody two shoes that you claim he is. He's not someone who visiting his dad and girlfriend under innocent circumstances. In fact, he was suspended multiple times before that, once for suspected robbery....Oh, sorry, Trayvon's mom doesn't want everyone to know that. You know, something about his "reputation". Or are we even allowed to use his name now that it's trademarked?
He was never suspened for suspected robbery. His parents said that was the first time they ever heard of that accusation. Why didn't the police get involved?

He "stalked" a kid who was walking around slowly in the rain, looking dazed, and with his hand in his waistband. Perfectly normal.
Even if Martin was doing that, that not illegal.

Sure, he's homicide, but all that means that his cause of death was from another person. Not Trayvon Martin - Murdered.

Again, he thought that the "keep an eye on him" from the police dispatcher meant for him to get out of the car. No, it's not the best idea, but it's not like he said "**** it, I'm chasing this kid".
The dispatcher never said "keep an eye on him". When Zimmerman says "oh shit he's running", the dispatcher asks him which direction did he go and zimmerman said "toward the back gate".

Why is someone running away from someone not suspicious? Robbers don't really hang around cops (or people they think are cops). They go away from them. Why is that an unusual reaction?
This is a moot point. Martin wasn't doing aanything wrong. He wasn't a criminal. So why would he have run as if he were a criminal? What's more, is zimmermans not law enforcement. He wasn't driving a governtment vehicle of any type. But he's following Martin. Just the fact that you think Martin should've thought that way says a lot about you.

Why did Martin want to kill him? Who knows. Maybe because he was following him. But what makes you think that Zimmerman wants to kill Martin anymore than Martin wants to kill Zimmerman. Neither had much provocation. But Martin was the one who was on his way to the wrong path as a convict.
I find it funny when people say Martin was on his way to being a convict. Zimmerman is the one with multiple runins with the law. And has an arrest record.

Why should Zimmerman be able to answer what set him off? He wouldn't know anymore than why Zimmerman was there.

Funny you should bring up Serino. He was grilling him to see how his story is, and he later said that he thought that Zimmerman was telling the truth....
That's not what he said initially. I think he said that in an attempt to get back into the good graces of his superiors. He was demoted soon after. In his report, he said Zimmerman story seemed scripted and rehearsed
Did you watch the links sent to you?
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #3692
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Is this still going on?

Gawd I hated it. Blacks vs. Whites (Though the man was Hispanic)...same ol bullsh*t the media pumps all the time. And the same bigot bastards on both sides jump and say dumb sh*t.

Any how...case is simple...dude killed the kid for no good reason. Should be man slaughter. Put that f*cker in jail...and I feel bad for the kids family. THAT'S IT!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #3693
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Is this still going on?

+1
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #3694
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Funny you should bring up Serino. He was grilling him to see how his story is, and he later said that he thought that Zimmerman was telling the truth....

Like Rasheed pointed out, your post was meandering and nonsensical but I just wanted to specifically address the bullshit above.
Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...4#.UGOIfZjA_PG
Obviously, the detectives ate up George's bullshit
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #3695
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Like Rasheed pointed out, your post was meandering and nonsensical but I just wanted to specifically address the bullshit above.
Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...4#.UGOIfZjA_PG
Obviously, the detectives ate up George's bullshit

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4087099.story

Oh, I agree, he ate it up. Serino was totally unconvinced.

Only conviction we'll see here would probably be of the prosecution.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #3696
millwad
Banned

The US really needs better gun laws..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #3697
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4087099.story

Oh, I agree, he ate it up. Serino was totally unconvinced.

Only conviction we'll see here would probably be of the prosecution.

Jesus, you're still on this?

So basically the defense is going to call FORMER Chief Bill Lee to the stand and that's supposed to help their case? The man was forced to resign because of the controversy over the case and allegations of corruption/conspiracy, I'm sure the jury is going to take his word on the matter.

Detective Serino pressed the SA and his superiors to file manslaughter charges (BEFORE he had the full scope of evidence- ballistics, forensics, dna, etc), that is a fact, nothing in that article disputes that. O'Mara is just fishing for anything at this point and hoping against hope that the beached whale named Zimmerman will somehow wriggle free from a life sentence.

And what exactly would the prosecution be convicted of exactly?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #3698
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Jesus, you're still on this?

So basically the defense is going to call FORMER Chief Bill Lee to the stand and that's supposed to help their case? The man was forced to resign because of the controversy over the case and allegations of corruption/conspiracy, I'm sure the jury is going to take his word on the matter.

Detective Serino pressed the SA and his superiors to file manslaughter charges (BEFORE he had the full scope of evidence- ballistics, forensics, dna, etc), that is a fact, nothing in that article disputes that. O'Mara is just fishing for anything at this point and hoping against hope that the beached whale named Zimmerman will somehow wriggle free from a life sentence.

And what exactly would the prosecution be convicted of exactly?

What exactly does he wiggle free from? What real evidence does the prosecution have now?
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #3699
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
What exactly does he wiggle free from? What real evidence does the prosecution have now?

911 calls, DNA testing, forensics analysis, ballistics, witness testimony, and George's own contradictory narrative.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #3700
The Real JW
High School Starter

Anyone else want to get in on the betting?

1st degree murder - IamRAMBO24
2nd degree murder - DonDadda59, Shepseskaf
Voluntary manslaughter - D.J., MMM, MavsSuperFan
Involuntary manslaughter -
Acquittal - The Real JW
Mistrial - daily

Betting will be open until June.

Last edited by The Real JW : 05-26-2013 at 12:35 AM.
The Real JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #3701
D.J.
NBA lottery pick

I'm torn between 2nd degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. Zimmerman isn't looking good at the moment(or his wife for that matter), but it also wasn't a premeditated incident and there's no proof of anything racial. We can't prove beyond a doubt that Zimmerman is racist, but we have numerous pieces of evidence that show he's a lying sack of sh*t. In the end, I think it's going to end up as voluntary man slaughter.

Last edited by D.J. : 05-25-2013 at 09:34 PM.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #3702
daily
cereal killah

You forgot mistrial. Put me down for a mistrial
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #3703
D.J.
NBA lottery pick

My mistake. I meant to put in voluntary manslaughter, not involuntary. Didn't realize it till now. My vote is voluntary manslaughter.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #3704
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real JW
Anyone else want to get in on the betting?

1st degree murder - IamRAMBO24
2nd degree murder - DonDadda59
Voluntary manslaughter -
Involuntary manslaughter - D.J.
Acquittal - The Real JW
Mistrial - daily

Betting will be open until June.

All the prerequisites for 2nd degree murder are there. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if in the next 2 weeks we start hearing about plea deals, especially after the hearing on Tuesday. The defense is showing their desperation right now with the pointless smear campaign and begging the judge for delays. They have already gone on record that they have no experts of their own to counter the findings of the audio forensics experts the State has gathered and when their findings are deemed admissible, that's checkmate.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #3705
D.J.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Voluntary manslaughter occurs either when the defendant kills with malice aforethought (intention to kill or cause serious harm), but there are mitigating circumstances which reduce culpability, or when the defendant kills only with an intent to cause serious bodily harm.

Quote:
a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility.

Comparing voluntary manslaughter and second degree murder, it can go either way. And with all the evidence, there is certainly enough to go for murder 2.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: