Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #4261
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
Kevin, you think the defense has the greater burden of proof?

Do you have reading problems? I thought I spelled it out quite clearly.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 07-01-2013 at 05:05 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #4262
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm sensing a lot of anger in this thread

Quote:
we know exactly what happened .. this whole trial is a bunch of bullsh .. politically motivated bs ..

.. gz was keeping an eye on tm because he was suspicious of tm .. he continued keeping an eye on him and tracking him so the police would know where tm was when they got there .. gz ended up losing sight of tm .. tm was annoyed that this 'creepy ass cracka' was eyeing him and tracking him .. after all, wtf is gz to be doing that .. that annoyance turned to anger and he swung at gz

DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #4263
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
I'm sensing a lot of anger in this thread

no anger .. that's just the hunch I'm getting
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #4264
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...nraveling.html

I'm almost convinced tray tray attacked gz .. the prosecution is getting their asses handed to them and the defense hasn't even put on their own case

Wow sounds almost like a regular teenager getting into fights. Definitely deserves to get shot.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #4265
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Hilarious all these excuses being made up for a punk like Martin.
Every time some kid dies in a shooting, you see their parents on camera saying they were angels and never hurt anyone. Then the media gets some nobodies who barely knew the individual to reinforce that point by stating "He didn't seem like a bad person, he kept to himself". Then later on you find out the guy was involved with a gang and got shot after some fight in a club.

Targeted shootings don't happen to innocent people, outside random street shootings with stray bullets. If you are specifically picked, chances are you did something.

My brother had a friend that was gunned down outside his house, with my brother and his friends inside. The dude regularly jacked drug dealers and made lot of enemies, he mighta killed some people himself. But obviously after his death he was just another angel that never did any wrong.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #4266
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Wow sounds almost like a regular teenager getting into fights. Definitely deserves to get shot.

you can kill someone in a fight .. but that's not the main focus .. it's about if you're in fear for your life or fear of serious bodily harm which gz was in
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #4267
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
On cross, Serino admitting that there were no clear inconsistencies in GZ's interviews

prosecution continues getting slaughtered .. this is too obvious
Old 07-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #4268
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
that case is completely different from this case .. she got hammered for discharging the gun and shooting a warning shot .. warning shots, ironically enough are frowned upon more than actually shooting someone because it shows that you weren't really in danger because you didn't shoot the person and could've hurt innocents ..

You're not in danger because you just showed the person you'll ****ing shoot them if they try anything. How can you say that person wouldn't really be in danger if they hadn't fired that warning shot? Were they supposed to wait until the other person seriously wounded them first as you just said to me? As for the TM case, I'm just saying that I don't feel Zim was in as much danger as he lets on.

Quote:
but when your neighborhood's getting constantly burglarized, some people are gonna get fed up .. he probably pushed the issue a bit too much but I'm not gonna condemn him for being more vigilant and taking a more proactive approach to crime watching and protecting his neighborhood .. that doesn't make him an 'evil person'

Don't you see what happens when paranoid and incompetent people like Zim go beyond their means? Why did he feel the need to get out of his car and go after him? When you overstep your boundaries because the gun you're carrying gives you courage, then where does responsibility come into play? I try to look at it from both perspectives of Zim and Trayvon, but it's a bit difficult when you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

Quote:
people are full of shit .. they like to pick and choose when to get outraged .. everywhere I read, people talk about gz as if he's the spawn of the devil .. no rational thought or objectivity .. he's guilty of being a ****in dumbass with bad judgement but to get the type of hate he's getting doesn't fit

You think it only applies to Zim? What about all the negativity that Trayvon has gotten from people?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #4269
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I haven't really been following this circus, but it sounds like the prosecution doesn't have much of a case here.

Think we'll see some rioting if Zimmerman walks?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #4270
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
you can kill someone in a fight .. but that's not the main focus .. it's about if you're in fear for your life or fear of serious bodily harm which gz was in

You just can't going around shooting people with impunity because you fear for your life. If someone punches me in the face, does that mean I can shoot them because I fear for my life? We don't know who actually started the fight, we only hear one side of the story because the other party is dead. And who's to say Trayvon didn't fear for his life? If someone I don't know if following me around, especially since he has a gun, who's to say Trayvon wasn't acting in self defense?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #4271
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
You're not in danger because you just showed the person you'll ****ing shoot them if they try anything. How can you say that person wouldn't really be in danger if they hadn't fired that warning shot? Were they supposed to wait until the other person seriously wounded them first as you just said to me? As for the TM case, I'm just saying that I don't feel Zim was in as much danger as he lets on.

I'm going by how the law is interpreted .. according to the law, if you take out your gun and shoot, it better be to shoot someone dead(because they were threatening your life) .. what you said is true and I agree .. I don't have a problem with warning shots .. that's one of those laws I have a problem with .. but that's how they interpret it

Quote:
Don't you see what happens when paranoid and incompetent people like Zim go beyond their means? Why did he feel the need to get out of his car and go after him? When you overstep your boundaries because the gun you're carrying gives you courage, then where does responsibility come into play? I try to look at it from both perspectives of Zim and Trayvon, but it's a bit difficult when you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

I believe he got out of the car to not lose track of tm per the 911 call .. the dispatcher was asking him were tm was so he got out to track him ..

I'm not applauding and cheering on gz for shooting tm .. he should've used better judgement .. it's just a really shitty situation all around ..

Quote:
You think it only applies to Zim? What about all the negativity that Trayvon has gotten from people?

you make a point

Last edited by dude77 : 07-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #4272
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Just another day.

a W for the defense, L for the prosecution
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #4273
dude77
NBA lottery pick

MOM" You were also under quite a lot of external pressure to move this case forward, right?"

Serino: "Yes, I was."

checkmate
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #4274
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
If someone punches me in the face, does that mean I can shoot them because I fear for my life?
Depending on where you are? Yes.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #4275
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

2013 Lakers has an OK reputation so far

2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: