Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #4261
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,704
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
On cross, Serino admitting that there were no clear inconsistencies in GZ's interviews



prosecution continues getting slaughtered .. this is too obvious
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #4262
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 12,942
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
that case is completely different from this case .. she got hammered for discharging the gun and shooting a warning shot .. warning shots, ironically enough are frowned upon more than actually shooting someone because it shows that you weren't really in danger because you didn't shoot the person and could've hurt innocents ..

You're not in danger because you just showed the person you'll ****ing shoot them if they try anything. How can you say that person wouldn't really be in danger if they hadn't fired that warning shot? Were they supposed to wait until the other person seriously wounded them first as you just said to me? As for the TM case, I'm just saying that I don't feel Zim was in as much danger as he lets on.

Quote:
but when your neighborhood's getting constantly burglarized, some people are gonna get fed up .. he probably pushed the issue a bit too much but I'm not gonna condemn him for being more vigilant and taking a more proactive approach to crime watching and protecting his neighborhood .. that doesn't make him an 'evil person'

Don't you see what happens when paranoid and incompetent people like Zim go beyond their means? Why did he feel the need to get out of his car and go after him? When you overstep your boundaries because the gun you're carrying gives you courage, then where does responsibility come into play? I try to look at it from both perspectives of Zim and Trayvon, but it's a bit difficult when you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

Quote:
people are full of shit .. they like to pick and choose when to get outraged .. everywhere I read, people talk about gz as if he's the spawn of the devil .. no rational thought or objectivity .. he's guilty of being a ****in dumbass with bad judgement but to get the type of hate he's getting doesn't fit

You think it only applies to Zim? What about all the negativity that Trayvon has gotten from people?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #4263
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,979
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

I haven't really been following this circus, but it sounds like the prosecution doesn't have much of a case here.

Think we'll see some rioting if Zimmerman walks?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #4264
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,672
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
you can kill someone in a fight .. but that's not the main focus .. it's about if you're in fear for your life or fear of serious bodily harm which gz was in

You just can't going around shooting people with impunity because you fear for your life. If someone punches me in the face, does that mean I can shoot them because I fear for my life? We don't know who actually started the fight, we only hear one side of the story because the other party is dead. And who's to say Trayvon didn't fear for his life? If someone I don't know if following me around, especially since he has a gun, who's to say Trayvon wasn't acting in self defense?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #4265
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,704
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
You're not in danger because you just showed the person you'll ****ing shoot them if they try anything. How can you say that person wouldn't really be in danger if they hadn't fired that warning shot? Were they supposed to wait until the other person seriously wounded them first as you just said to me? As for the TM case, I'm just saying that I don't feel Zim was in as much danger as he lets on.

I'm going by how the law is interpreted .. according to the law, if you take out your gun and shoot, it better be to shoot someone dead(because they were threatening your life) .. what you said is true and I agree .. I don't have a problem with warning shots .. that's one of those laws I have a problem with .. but that's how they interpret it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Don't you see what happens when paranoid and incompetent people like Zim go beyond their means? Why did he feel the need to get out of his car and go after him? When you overstep your boundaries because the gun you're carrying gives you courage, then where does responsibility come into play? I try to look at it from both perspectives of Zim and Trayvon, but it's a bit difficult when you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

I believe he got out of the car to not lose track of tm per the 911 call .. the dispatcher was asking him were tm was so he got out to track him ..

I'm not applauding and cheering on gz for shooting tm .. he should've used better judgement .. it's just a really shitty situation all around ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
You think it only applies to Zim? What about all the negativity that Trayvon has gotten from people?

you make a point

Last edited by dude77 : 07-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #4266
Raymone
The Chosen King
 
Raymone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,819
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Just another day.

a W for the defense, L for the prosecution
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #4267
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,704
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

MOM" You were also under quite a lot of external pressure to move this case forward, right?"

Serino: "Yes, I was."


checkmate
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #4268
tpols
NBA Superstar
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,663
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
If someone punches me in the face, does that mean I can shoot them because I fear for my life?
Depending on where you are? Yes.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #4269
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 239
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #4270
Pointguard
NBA All-star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,433
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- If he did train for over a year.....he would know the basic technique of " shrimping out"....it's a lot harder to do though with someone punching you ( BJJ training uses no strikes)
The screaming on the telephone is over 40 seconds. If you believe Trayvon was pounding on him for 20 seconds his face would be a lot worse than that. If Zim decided to take a few blows to his face to get to his gun, it would look a lot worse than it did in those few three or two seconds. But Trayvon was supposedly holding his mouth, slamming his head, punching him out, as Dictator mentions - despite the screams not exhibiting any of that.

Quote:
- also.....as far as posters using " MMA weight classes"....traditional MMA matches used NO Weight class....weight classes were used to get Licenses in the U.S.A.

- again 40lbs is a big difference to Boxing commissions.....but looking at Combat History...it means very little.......Just look at Todays greatest Fighter ( Anderson Silva) He's Faught many Fighters 30lbs - 40lbs bigger and Knocked them out......with superior speed/punching power.

- In fact the heart and soul of Vale Tudo/MMA was the Gracies proving a smaller Fighter can easily beat up a Bigger man.....if they understand how to fight.
Silva moved up in the weight division once and didn't want to do it anymore - and he's considered the greatest ever. Mayweather is among the greatest ever and he fights at catch weights but rarely goes 7 lbs out of the way. The Gracies had a superior technique that eliminated weight advantages - but once familiarity hit, a core of five moves eliminated those advantages. Amazingly guys Royce Gracie's size were able to beat him after that - I forgot the Japanese guys name that fought four of the Gracies and beat them.

I've taken some of the students I mentored to their campus's and the guys who weighed 230 and 240 lbs were bullies and didn't get tested. A lot of times they are on the football team (Penn State and Ohio State campuses). My kids were at risk kids so they go back at them because they know how to handle that. But you are lying to me if you don't pay attention to size. I really think you are lying if you tell me that in HS you thought you could take on a man in his late 20's that was 40lbs. heavier than you.

Bigger healthy guys were always problematic since the beginning of time. Its consistent in the animal, insect, birds, reptiles, fish even predator plants kingdoms. You're not a big guy, but on message boards its easy to act like you're Thor and don't know something that's basic to our known universe. Cut it out, man. But that's not the only thing... are humans becoming the dumbest species on the planet and don't even know when its own species is in its prime? And that weight is a factor?

You have no chance of surviving if chaos happens.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #4271
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,704
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

MOM: "In fact, we don't need to see life-threatening injuries, not any injuries, do we?"

Serino: "No, sir."

listening kiddies ?
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #4272
nathanjizzle
sex puppy
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,402
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

The prejudice against black teens right now. kid didnt deserve to die, he got stalked by zimmerman, who asked for a fistfight that he brought a gun to, he deserves to be in jail. i almost dont even want to know the outcome of this because it would be a great injustice if this zimmerman bitch didnt go to jail.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #4273
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,704
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
The prejudice against black teens right now. kid didnt deserve to die, he got stalked by zimmerman, who asked for a fistfight that he brought a gun to, he deserves to be in jail.

zimmerman didn't ask for anything nor did he stalk anyone .. he saw someone who looked suspicious, called them in .. was told to keep an eye on him so he got out of his car to do so .. tm was annoyed and angry and attacked gz imo
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #4274
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude
 
KevinNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,743
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
You just can't going around shooting people with impunity because you fear for your life. If someone punches me in the face, does that mean I can shoot them because I fear for my life? We don't know who actually started the fight, we only hear one side of the story because the other party is dead. And who's to say Trayvon didn't fear for his life? If someone I don't know if following me around, especially since he has a gun, who's to say Trayvon wasn't acting in self defense?

This is why Florida has a standard for use of force in self-defense and a higher standard for use of deadly force. And it's not Zimmerman who gets to decide if it's reasonable force, that's up to the jury.


From what I was able to hear, this was a pretty good day for the defense. I didn't get to hear the prosecutors.
I was listening to a local TV stations coverage and they had a lawyers who said the prosecution made a mistake today and they could have held back on some of the evidence they showed the jury (I think it was parts of the police interviews) and then the only way it could the defense could have gotten it before the jury was to have Zimmerman take the stand. He said now there is now way that zimmerman would take the stand.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 07-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #4275
nathanjizzle
sex puppy
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,402
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
zimmerman didn't ask for anything nor did he stalk anyone .. he saw someone who looked suspicious, called them in .. was told to keep an eye on him so he got out of his car to do so .. tm was annoyed and angry and attacked gz imo

are you stupid? the cops told him not to follow travon but he still did. he has no right to follow a "suspect" therefor it is stalking. youre so stupid biased its not even funny, so is 50 percent of america.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy