Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #4276
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- If he did train for over a year.....he would know the basic technique of " shrimping out"....it's a lot harder to do though with someone punching you ( BJJ training uses no strikes)
The screaming on the telephone is over 40 seconds. If you believe Trayvon was pounding on him for 20 seconds his face would be a lot worse than that. If Zim decided to take a few blows to his face to get to his gun, it would look a lot worse than it did in those few three or two seconds. But Trayvon was supposedly holding his mouth, slamming his head, punching him out, as Dictator mentions - despite the screams not exhibiting any of that.

Quote:
- also.....as far as posters using " MMA weight classes"....traditional MMA matches used NO Weight class....weight classes were used to get Licenses in the U.S.A.

- again 40lbs is a big difference to Boxing commissions.....but looking at Combat History...it means very little.......Just look at Todays greatest Fighter ( Anderson Silva) He's Faught many Fighters 30lbs - 40lbs bigger and Knocked them out......with superior speed/punching power.

- In fact the heart and soul of Vale Tudo/MMA was the Gracies proving a smaller Fighter can easily beat up a Bigger man.....if they understand how to fight.
Silva moved up in the weight division once and didn't want to do it anymore - and he's considered the greatest ever. Mayweather is among the greatest ever and he fights at catch weights but rarely goes 7 lbs out of the way. The Gracies had a superior technique that eliminated weight advantages - but once familiarity hit, a core of five moves eliminated those advantages. Amazingly guys Royce Gracie's size were able to beat him after that - I forgot the Japanese guys name that fought four of the Gracies and beat them.

I've taken some of the students I mentored to their campus's and the guys who weighed 230 and 240 lbs were bullies and didn't get tested. A lot of times they are on the football team (Penn State and Ohio State campuses). My kids were at risk kids so they go back at them because they know how to handle that. But you are lying to me if you don't pay attention to size. I really think you are lying if you tell me that in HS you thought you could take on a man in his late 20's that was 40lbs. heavier than you.

Bigger healthy guys were always problematic since the beginning of time. Its consistent in the animal, insect, birds, reptiles, fish even predator plants kingdoms. You're not a big guy, but on message boards its easy to act like you're Thor and don't know something that's basic to our known universe. Cut it out, man. But that's not the only thing... are humans becoming the dumbest species on the planet and don't even know when its own species is in its prime? And that weight is a factor?

You have no chance of surviving if chaos happens.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #4277
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

MOM: "In fact, we don't need to see life-threatening injuries, not any injuries, do we?"

Serino: "No, sir."

listening kiddies ?
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #4278
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The prejudice against black teens right now. kid didnt deserve to die, he got stalked by zimmerman, who asked for a fistfight that he brought a gun to, he deserves to be in jail. i almost dont even want to know the outcome of this because it would be a great injustice if this zimmerman bitch didnt go to jail.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #4279
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
The prejudice against black teens right now. kid didnt deserve to die, he got stalked by zimmerman, who asked for a fistfight that he brought a gun to, he deserves to be in jail.

zimmerman didn't ask for anything nor did he stalk anyone .. he saw someone who looked suspicious, called them in .. was told to keep an eye on him so he got out of his car to do so .. tm was annoyed and angry and attacked gz imo
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #4280
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
You just can't going around shooting people with impunity because you fear for your life. If someone punches me in the face, does that mean I can shoot them because I fear for my life? We don't know who actually started the fight, we only hear one side of the story because the other party is dead. And who's to say Trayvon didn't fear for his life? If someone I don't know if following me around, especially since he has a gun, who's to say Trayvon wasn't acting in self defense?

This is why Florida has a standard for use of force in self-defense and a higher standard for use of deadly force. And it's not Zimmerman who gets to decide if it's reasonable force, that's up to the jury.

From what I was able to hear, this was a pretty good day for the defense. I didn't get to hear the prosecutors.
I was listening to a local TV stations coverage and they had a lawyers who said the prosecution made a mistake today and they could have held back on some of the evidence they showed the jury (I think it was parts of the police interviews) and then the only way it could the defense could have gotten it before the jury was to have Zimmerman take the stand. He said now there is now way that zimmerman would take the stand.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 07-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #4281
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
zimmerman didn't ask for anything nor did he stalk anyone .. he saw someone who looked suspicious, called them in .. was told to keep an eye on him so he got out of his car to do so .. tm was annoyed and angry and attacked gz imo

are you stupid? the cops told him not to follow travon but he still did. he has no right to follow a "suspect" therefor it is stalking. youre so stupid biased its not even funny, so is 50 percent of america.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #4282
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

2013 Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
the cops told him not to follow travon

No they didn't.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #4283
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
are you stupid? the cops told him not to follow travon but he still did. he has no right to follow a "suspect" therefor it is stalking.

someone was bound to start the namecalling ..

the cops didn't tell him anything .. the dispatcher told him he didnt 'need to do that' .. that's not a command nor can a dispatcher give any commands .. the dispatcher did ask him however where tm was .. this is what triggered gz to get out of his car imo .. gz wasn't 'stalking' anyone
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #4284
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
No they didn't.

i distinctly remember 911 calls where the operator tells Zimmerman "umm we dont need you to do that" which she was referring to following trayvon.

but if you had any common sense, why would an officer advice a civilian to follow a suspect they actually advise the opposite.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #4285
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Quote:
someone was bound to start the namecalling ..

the cops didn't tell him anything .. the dispatcher told him he didnt 'need to do that' .. that's not a command nor can a dispatcher give any commands .. the dispatcher did ask him however where tm was .. this is what triggered gz to get out of his car imo .. gz wasn't 'stalking' anyone

i call it how it is. im sure you are very stupid.

the sad thing is you actually think the only reason this was brought to court were because of political reasons...im pretty sure you grew up in a white suburb and had no non white friends.

Last edited by nathanjizzle : 07-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #4286
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

2013 Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i distinctly remember 911 calls where the operator tells Zimmerman "umm we dont need you to do that" which she was referring to following trayvon.

but if you had any common sense, why would an officer advice a civilian to follow a suspect they actually advice the opposite.

A civilian non-emergency dispatcher asked if he was following the guy, George said yes, and the civilian dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that." George said "okay."

It was not an order, and it was not law enforcement.

Your statement:
Quote:
the cops told him not to follow travon
was false.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #4287
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
i call it how it is. im sure you are very stupid.

the sad thing is you actually think the only reason this was brought to court were because of political reasons...im pretty sure you grew up in a white suburb and had ethnic friends.

stick to the discussion kid .. leave out the ad hominems
Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #4288
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

but if you had any common sense, why would an officer advice a civilian to follow a suspect they actually advise the opposite.

She? You don't even know the gender of the dispatcher.

Nathan, you should honestly leave the thread now. It's obvious you're only up in arms over race and have very few facts of this case.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #4289
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
MOM" You were also under quite a lot of external pressure to move this case forward, right?"

Serino: "Yes, I was."

checkmate

How is that a checkmate?

You do know the sequence of events, don't you?

After concluding his investigation, Det. Serino recommended 2nd degree murder charges be filed against Zimmerman. Then his superiors changed his affidavit about 3 times in the span of 4-5 hours and the final recommendation was manslaughter.

Then after the prosecutor refused to file those charges, shit hit the fan for the SPD. The chief was fired, the prosecutor recused himself, Serino was bumped down to beat cop and hired a defense attorney for whatever reason.

The Governor then appointed a special prosecutor to the case. Her investigators, Det. Osteen and Det. Gilbreath, took over the investigative end. Their conclusion was the same as Serino's original recommendation- second degree murder.

So... checkmate?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #4290
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

the sad thing is you actually think the only reason this was brought to court were because of political reasons.

it WAS the only reason this was brought to trial .. are we watching the same trial .. wtf are you watching ? .. every witness the prosecution has put on has been dismantled by the defense .. hell, a bunch of prosecution witnesses have been cross examined by the PROSECUTION .. the detective just admitted he was pressured into moving forward with the case lol .. this shit should've never gone to trial
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: