Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #4306
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Yeah, that's not what happened.

Read the damn article. The first two drafts of his affidavit said he had probable cause for second degree murder charges. It wasn't until he gave it to his superiors that same day that it was edited several times within a 4-5 hr span in an effort to 'get it out the door' and pass it off to the DA. So unless you're telling me that Det. Serino 'analyzed' and got new info within that 5 hr window that made him change his mind about the murder charges... story doesn't check out.

there's nothing in that article about him giving it to superiors each time he revised it .. it says he revised it himself in a 5 hr span after reviewing 'new evidence' .. after reviewing new evidence he lowered the charges ..

as for that last paragraph ..

Quote:
Her investigators, helped by agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, re-interviewed old witnesses, found new ones, collected crime lab reports and arrested Zimmerman April 11 on a charge of second-degree murder.

^^ this is the political part .. they didn't have shit on zimmerman but they had to have shit on him .. hence here we are in this sham of a trial
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #4307
daily
cereal killah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Can't wait to post on here when the jury rightfully finds Zimmerman not guilty.

Either way it goes there's people in this thread way to emotionally wrapped up in the outcome.

We probably should start posting homicide/suicide hotline numbers the day the case goes to the jury
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #4308
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
there's nothing in that article about him giving it to superiors each time he revised it .. it says he revised it himself in a 5 hr span after reviewing 'new evidence' .. after reviewing new evidence he lowered the charges ..

Reading comprehension skills would do wonders to clear up the obvious misunderstanding you have of what you read. Unless of course he got 'new evidence' in the 3 or so hours between a second degree murder affidavit and the later manslaughter recommendation.

Quote:
as for that last paragraph ..

^^ this is the political part .. they didn't have shit on zimmerman but they had to have shit on him .. hence here we are in this sham of a trial

Yes, a 'political part' that came to the same conclusion that the original lead detective came to twice. What a lot of people don't know is that the original investigators did not have access to a lot of the lab tests that the special investigators later would (ballistics, forensics) and didn't even bother checking Trayvon's phone records and had no idea he was on the phone right before the confrontation occurred.

Strange thing that 'politics'.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #4309
daily
cereal killah

Today's transcript

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07...ay-6?hpt=ju_c1
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #4310
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Reading comprehension skills would do wonders to clear up the obvious misunderstanding you have of what you read. Unless of course he got 'new evidence' in the 3 or so hours between a second degree murder affidavit and the later manslaughter recommendation.

Yes, a 'political part' that came to the same conclusion that the original lead detective came to twice. What a lot of people don't know is that the original investigators did not have access to a lot of the lab tests that the special investigators later would (ballistics, forensics) and didn't even bother checking Trayvon's phone records and had no idea he was on the phone right before the confrontation occurred.

Strange thing that 'politics'.

are you watching the trial ? what kind of case does the state have so far ? do you think they've proven 2nd degree murder after having 30+ witnesses on the stand ? come on now .. get with the program .. the state didn't have shit on gz .. when you have obama, holder, the justice dept, sharpton, every damn news station in the country pressuring your ass to charge him with something, it's @$^$ political .. stop acting dumb

Last edited by dude77 : 07-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #4311
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
are you watching the trial ? what kind of case does the state have so far ? do you think they've proven 2nd degree murder after having 30+ witnesses on the stand ? come on now .. get with the program .. the state didn't have shit on gz .. this is all political .. stop acting dumb

I thought that all of George's inconsistencies and the illogical points of his many stories were on full display today. Serino may say he thinks George is telling the truth now, but we KNOW he claimed, twice, that he had probable cause for second degree murder charges.

I'm just wondering how that happens. If you want to claim 'pressure' then that means the SPD completely bungled the case and the Governor was right to put real investigators on the case.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #4312
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I thought that all of George's inconsistencies and the illogical points of his many stories were on full display today. Serino may say he thinks George is telling the truth now, but we KNOW he claimed, twice, that he had probable cause for second degree murder charges.

I'm just wondering how that happens. If you want to claim 'pressure' then that means the SPD completely bungled the case and the Governor was right to put real investigators on the case.

yes and we also KNOW he lowered the charges .. either way .. again I ask you .. if the state has such a strong case for 2ND DEGREE MURDER, wtf are they getting slaughtered during the presentation of their own case ? turning on their own witnesses ? it's pretty ridiculous
Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #4313
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
yes and we also KNOW he lowered the charges .. either way .. again I ask you .. if the state has such a strong case for 2ND DEGREE MURDER, wtf are they getting slaughtered during the presentation of their own case ? turning on their own witnesses ? it's pretty ridiculous

Even the lesser charges were for manslaughter, so he (his superiors) still wanted Zim to be charged. But his superiors admitted it was all an attempt to pawn off the case on the DA which sounds... unethical at best. The real investigators, Det. Osteen and Det. Gilbreath from the Special Prosecutors office will show the real objective evidence along with the forensics and ballistics experts.

For now, the investigators interrogations will have a huge effect on the jury (especially when they review it later) because it shows just how illogical his multiple stories are. And there's also the part where Zim says 'it doesn't even sound like me' when played the audio recording of the screams. They may try to pass it off as just interrogation techniques now, but it's clear from the tapes and from the affidavits that they didn't believe him.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #4314
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Even the lesser charges were for manslaughter, so he (his superiors) still wanted Zim to be charged. But his superiors admitted it was all an attempt to pawn off the case on the DA which sounds... unethical at best. The real investigators, Det. Osteen and Det. Gilbreath from the Special Prosecutors office will show the real objective evidence along with the forensics and ballistics experts.

For now, the investigators interrogations will have a huge effect on the jury (especially when they review it later) because it shows just how illogical his multiple stories are. And there's also the part where Zim says 'it doesn't even sound like me' when played the audio recording of the screams. They may try to pass it off as just interrogation techniques now, but it's clear from the tapes and from the affidavits that they didn't believe him.

all they need is reasonable doubt .. and there's plenty as of right now and we're still on the prosecution's case .. the prosecution is in deep shit
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #4315
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
all they need is reasonable doubt .. and there's plenty as of right now and we're still on the prosecution's case .. the prosecution is in deep shit

You haven't even seen any real evidence, just conflicting witness testimony and investigators who originally wanted 2nd degree murder charges but were later kicked off the case because of incompetence (Serino is no longer a detective btw, was downgraded to beat cop after this fiasco).

Just keep watching.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #4316
Pointguard
NBA All-star

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-jury-h...135825744.html
Quote:
"But Zimmerman told Serino he only got out of his car because he could not tell police the name of the street where he had last seen Martin, even though the Retreat at Twin Lakes housing complex where he lived has only three streets."

At one point, Zimmerman told police Martin approached his vehicle, which had been following him, partly circling it on foot before coming to a stop about a car length away. But Zimmerman rolled up his car window and ignored Martin, while speaking with a non-emergency police dispatcher.

"He wasn't within ear shot and I didn't want to confront him," Zimmerman said, when asked why he hadn't used that opportunity to say he was a neighborhood watchman.

"Zimmerman told police that he didn't even know he had killed Martin, with a lone hollow-point bullet round pumped into his chest at point blank range, until he was brought into police headquarters for questioning."

On the stand, Serino said there were "things that didn't quite add up," about Zimmerman's account, including his failure to remember the names of the three streets where he lived.

Though Zimmerman shot Martin through the heart with his 9mm Kel-Tec semi-automatic pistol, killing him almost instantly, Zimmerman also told police that the youth continued to talk after being shot.

"You got me," he quoted Martin as saying, moments after he was shot. "He was still talking and I was on top of him," he added.

Says he has a terrible memory but constantly says he knows everybody who lives there but somehow can't remember the three streets in the neighborhood? and the number pattern from East to West?

Everybody who hears the screaming and then shot is stunned at the deafening silence afterwards. Except the guy underneath the victim?

Anybody here really believe Trayvon kind of circled the car and Zim rolled up the windows? Every time a witness described the initial auditory confrontation it was definitely a Zimmerman introduction of aggression.

Then he conveniently straddles the non dead corpse. I think he's a liar.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #4317
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

I strongly disagree with anyone who favors the prosecution's case after watching the first 6 days of this trial and thinks they're in the lead.

I'd say they've done a pretty shitty job so far. Most of the witnesses they've called have either been turned to the defense's advantage or been riddled with reasonable doubt.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #4318
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC

From what I was able to hear, this was a pretty good day for the defense. I didn't get to hear the prosecutors.
I was listening to a local TV stations coverage and they had a lawyers who said the prosecution made a mistake today and they could have held back on some of the evidence they showed the jury (I think it was parts of the police interviews) and then the only way it could the defense could have gotten it before the jury was to have Zimmerman take the stand. He said now there is now way that zimmerman would take the stand.

The prosecution has this kind of no strategy and preparation feel to them. I have said this before. They are kind of like lets just do this.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #4319
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
http://news.yahoo.com/florida-jury-h...135825744.html

Says he has a terrible memory but constantly says he knows everybody who lives there but somehow can't remember the three streets in the neighborhood? and the number pattern from East to West?

Everybody who hears the screaming and then shot is stunned at the deafening silence afterwards. Except the guy underneath the victim?

Anybody here really believe Trayvon kind of circled the car and Zim rolled up the windows? Every time a witness described the initial auditory confrontation it was definitely a Zimmerman introduction of aggression.

Then he conveniently straddles the non dead corpse. I think he's a liar.

None of his story(stories) made any sense whatsoever and the funny thing is that the interrogation tapes revealed all of that. If Martin was still talking (impossible with both his lungs collapsing immediately and his chest cavity filling with blood) and interacting with him, why did he stop yelling for help immediately after the shot fired? He even claimed before that he didn't even think he hit Martin with the bullet... yet he stops yelling for help at that exact moment, holsters his weapon.

Makes absolutely no sense.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #4320
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
I'm eagerly waiting for the end of this trial and the verdict to see how people react if he's found not guilty

I think I would be most surprised if he was found guilty of second-degree murder. I think there's too much up in the air to be able to say definitively one way or another. I'm sure there will be plenty of people outraged regardless of the outcome. I'd be more interested in what the jury has to say after the trial.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: