Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #4306
nathanjizzle
OG
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,705
nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

i hate coming into this thread and reading idiots opinion on what should happen. its going to be a great injustice if bitch made Zimmerman is found innocent for a murder of a 16 year old kid which most likely is going to happen. im not coming into this thread anymore, to many dumbasses with poor perspective.

btw, im from chicago, if anything, i would be prejudice against black thugs.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #4307
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,190
dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
So... the only reason Serino originally wanted 2nd degree murder charges levied against Zimmerman was because he felt pressured? Let's forget that his superiors had him downgrade the charges 3 times in the span of 5 hours before the DA eventually tossed the case... does that sound like a proper investigation to you? A lead detective succumbing to 'pressure'? Was he a kid at recess being triple dog dared to eat a worm?

Kind of makes sense now why the special prosecutor was called in to do a proper investigation which, once again, ironically came to same exact conclusion as Serino's peer pressure original charges.

Here, read for yourself:
New Zimmerman evidence: Serino changed final report four times in five hours

December 12, 2012|By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
SANFORD – After Chris Serino, the Sanford police detective who led the investigation into the Trayvon Martin shooting death, wrote the most important police report in the case, he revised it at least four times.

And he made at least one huge change: He initially said George Zimmerman should be charged with second-degree murder, then changed course and recommended a charge of manslaughter, according to a prosecutor and new list of evidence.

Serino made all those revisions to the report summarizing his findings during one five-hour stretch on March 13, according to a newly released evidence list.

In the first two drafts, according to Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda, Serino wrote that he had probable cause to recommend a second-degree-murder charge. Then, over the next hour, he changed the report twice more and in his final version wrote that the evidence supported the lesser charge.

One of Serino's supervisors, Sanford police Capt. Bob O'Connor, said in a July 3 interview that everyone in Serino's chain of command agreed with the investigator's conclusion. Serino's direct supervisor, then-Sgt. Randy Smith, also signed the final version.

Each version was turned over to defense attorneys Tuesday, although they have not yet been made public. That should happen in the next few weeks.

Zimmerman, a former Neighborhood Watch volunteer, is free on $1 million bail, awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree murder. He says he acted in self-defense when he killed the unarmed teen Feb. 26 after calling Sanford police and describing him as suspicious.

Prosecutors say 29-year-old Zimmerman is guilty of profiling a 17-year-old whom he assumed was about to commit a crime, following him and committing murder.

Cop did what he was told

The new evidence list shows that on March 13, the day Sanford police surrendered the case to the Office of Seminole-Brevard State Attorney Norm Wolfinger, Serino went to great lengths to polish and revise the final report.

It was a time of extraordinary pressure on the department. National civil-rights leaders were accusing Sanford officers of racism and sloppy police work.

There were rallies and marches in Sanford and across the country, and political leaders were pressuring the department to make an arrest.

But police did not have enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman, they said at the time and have repeated ever since. Former police Chief Bill Lee Jr. and other senior officers said that would have been a violation of his civil rights, so their solution: dump it on Wolfinger.

For the state attorney to take over the investigation, however, police had to file the right paperwork, Lee wrote in an email to the Orlando Sentinel in July.

That includes a charging recommendation, Lee wrote, and as lead investigator, that task fell to Serino.

He did what he was told, according to O'Connor. Just above Serino's signature, the veteran investigator wrote, "I believe there exists probable cause for issuance of a capias charging George Michael Zimmerman with manslaughter."

O'Connor told the Sentinel in July, "Basically, the implied order was, 'Get it out the door'… We wrote up what we had, the context of what we had … with the understanding that there was still insufficient evidence for the State Attorney to charge."

On Tuesday, de la Rionda handed the much-revised Serino report to defense attorneys, saying he had received it recently from Serino's attorney, Jose Baez, who advised them that it would likely help Zimmerman.

It's not clear, however, that it will.

Wolfinger was in charge of the investigation less than two weeks when Gov. Rick Scott handed it over to Special Prosecutor Angela Corey, the elected state attorney in Jacksonville.

Her investigators, helped by agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, re-interviewed old witnesses, found new ones, collected crime lab reports and arrested Zimmerman April 11 on a charge of second-degree murder.


They came up with their own probable-cause affidavit, and the following day Seminole County Judge Mark Herr signed off on it.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-degree-murder
Nothing about the above sets off red flags to you?

this is all consistent with what he just said .. he kept dropping the charges because the more he found out and the more he analyzed it, the more he kept concluding there was really nothing on zimmerman .. so it makes sense that he just said he was pressured into moving forward with the case

Last edited by dude77 : 07-01-2013 at 06:59 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #4308
Raymone
The Chosen King
 
Raymone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,119
Raymone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #4309
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 11,688
DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
this is all consistent with what he just said .. he kept dropping the charges because the more he found out and the more he analyzed it, the more he kept concluding there was really nothing on zimmerman .. so it makes sense that he just said he was pressured into moving forward with the case

Yeah, that's not what happened.

Read the damn article. The first two drafts of his affidavit said he had probable cause for second degree murder charges. It wasn't until he gave it to his superiors that same day that it was edited several times within a 4-5 hr span in an effort to 'get it out the door' and pass it off to the DA. So unless you're telling me that Det. Serino 'analyzed' and got new info within that 5 hr window that made him change his mind about the murder charges... story doesn't check out.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #4310
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,732
SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Can't wait to post on here when the jury rightfully finds Zimmerman not guilty.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #4311
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
your point?...the last Pride OWGP ..Mirko Crocop won.....he beat Barnett who weighs 30+lbs more....according to your criteria...shouldn't have hppened...

My criteria? What are you talking about? The HW division allows for a difference of about 60 pounds, but it's different when you get to that point in weight classes. Weight can become a burden. The HW division is known for shitty cardio and slow (I guess I should say 'slower') fighters. You seem to think weight isn't a big deal, however the top fighters in various weight classes disagree. There's a number of guys who have dropped weight classes because they felt the guys were too big/strong for them.

Quote:
and the smallest Fighter in the tournament was Minowa man.....who is notorious for beting upBigger fighters

I'm a Minowaman fan. He beats big, unskilled fighters. Some think his fights are works, but whatever.

Quote:
Modern MMA infuse weight classes to appeal to mainstream and be able to get licenses In most states.

It's called 'safety'.

Quote:
Silva Fought LHW who walk around at 260- 270lbs

Like who? Griffin might have been the biggest guy he fought, and he walked around at 240. Silva also isn't very interested in fighting at LHW.

Quote:
what's your point?....He faught Bigger stronger Men...and Knocked out rather easily......very easily.

For one thing, you're talking about a guy who is probably the greatest fighter in the history of the sport. He's much more the exception than the rule.

Quote:
They faught everyone.....or anyone who wanted to Fight.....They tried to Fight anybody who was willing.....and still do.

Not true, but I don't want to further to derail the thread.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #4312
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,190
dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Yeah, that's not what happened.

Read the damn article. The first two drafts of his affidavit said he had probable cause for second degree murder charges. It wasn't until he gave it to his superiors that same day that it was edited several times within a 4-5 hr span in an effort to 'get it out the door' and pass it off to the DA. So unless you're telling me that Det. Serino 'analyzed' and got new info within that 5 hr window that made him change his mind about the murder charges... story doesn't check out.

there's nothing in that article about him giving it to superiors each time he revised it .. it says he revised it himself in a 5 hr span after reviewing 'new evidence' .. after reviewing new evidence he lowered the charges ..

as for that last paragraph ..

Quote:
Her investigators, helped by agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, re-interviewed old witnesses, found new ones, collected crime lab reports and arrested Zimmerman April 11 on a charge of second-degree murder.

^^ this is the political part .. they didn't have shit on zimmerman but they had to have shit on him .. hence here we are in this sham of a trial
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #4313
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,273
daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Can't wait to post on here when the jury rightfully finds Zimmerman not guilty.

Either way it goes there's people in this thread way to emotionally wrapped up in the outcome.

We probably should start posting homicide/suicide hotline numbers the day the case goes to the jury
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #4314
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 11,688
DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
there's nothing in that article about him giving it to superiors each time he revised it .. it says he revised it himself in a 5 hr span after reviewing 'new evidence' .. after reviewing new evidence he lowered the charges ..

Reading comprehension skills would do wonders to clear up the obvious misunderstanding you have of what you read. Unless of course he got 'new evidence' in the 3 or so hours between a second degree murder affidavit and the later manslaughter recommendation.

Quote:
as for that last paragraph ..



^^ this is the political part .. they didn't have shit on zimmerman but they had to have shit on him .. hence here we are in this sham of a trial

Yes, a 'political part' that came to the same conclusion that the original lead detective came to twice. What a lot of people don't know is that the original investigators did not have access to a lot of the lab tests that the special investigators later would (ballistics, forensics) and didn't even bother checking Trayvon's phone records and had no idea he was on the phone right before the confrontation occurred.

Strange thing that 'politics'.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #4315
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,273
daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Today's transcript

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07...ay-6?hpt=ju_c1
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #4316
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,190
dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Reading comprehension skills would do wonders to clear up the obvious misunderstanding you have of what you read. Unless of course he got 'new evidence' in the 3 or so hours between a second degree murder affidavit and the later manslaughter recommendation.



Yes, a 'political part' that came to the same conclusion that the original lead detective came to twice. What a lot of people don't know is that the original investigators did not have access to a lot of the lab tests that the special investigators later would (ballistics, forensics) and didn't even bother checking Trayvon's phone records and had no idea he was on the phone right before the confrontation occurred.

Strange thing that 'politics'.

are you watching the trial ? what kind of case does the state have so far ? do you think they've proven 2nd degree murder after having 30+ witnesses on the stand ? come on now .. get with the program .. the state didn't have shit on gz .. when you have obama, holder, the justice dept, sharpton, every damn news station in the country pressuring your ass to charge him with something, it's @$^$ political .. stop acting dumb

Last edited by dude77 : 07-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #4317
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 11,688
DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
are you watching the trial ? what kind of case does the state have so far ? do you think they've proven 2nd degree murder after having 30+ witnesses on the stand ? come on now .. get with the program .. the state didn't have shit on gz .. this is all political .. stop acting dumb

I thought that all of George's inconsistencies and the illogical points of his many stories were on full display today. Serino may say he thinks George is telling the truth now, but we KNOW he claimed, twice, that he had probable cause for second degree murder charges.

I'm just wondering how that happens. If you want to claim 'pressure' then that means the SPD completely bungled the case and the Governor was right to put real investigators on the case.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #4318
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,190
dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
I thought that all of George's inconsistencies and the illogical points of his many stories were on full display today. Serino may say he thinks George is telling the truth now, but we KNOW he claimed, twice, that he had probable cause for second degree murder charges.

I'm just wondering how that happens. If you want to claim 'pressure' then that means the SPD completely bungled the case and the Governor was right to put real investigators on the case.

yes and we also KNOW he lowered the charges .. either way .. again I ask you .. if the state has such a strong case for 2ND DEGREE MURDER, wtf are they getting slaughtered during the presentation of their own case ? turning on their own witnesses ? it's pretty ridiculous
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #4319
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 11,688
DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
yes and we also KNOW he lowered the charges .. either way .. again I ask you .. if the state has such a strong case for 2ND DEGREE MURDER, wtf are they getting slaughtered during the presentation of their own case ? turning on their own witnesses ? it's pretty ridiculous

Even the lesser charges were for manslaughter, so he (his superiors) still wanted Zim to be charged. But his superiors admitted it was all an attempt to pawn off the case on the DA which sounds... unethical at best. The real investigators, Det. Osteen and Det. Gilbreath from the Special Prosecutors office will show the real objective evidence along with the forensics and ballistics experts.

For now, the investigators interrogations will have a huge effect on the jury (especially when they review it later) because it shows just how illogical his multiple stories are. And there's also the part where Zim says 'it doesn't even sound like me' when played the audio recording of the screams. They may try to pass it off as just interrogation techniques now, but it's clear from the tapes and from the affidavits that they didn't believe him.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #4320
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,190
dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Even the lesser charges were for manslaughter, so he (his superiors) still wanted Zim to be charged. But his superiors admitted it was all an attempt to pawn off the case on the DA which sounds... unethical at best. The real investigators, Det. Osteen and Det. Gilbreath from the Special Prosecutors office will show the real objective evidence along with the forensics and ballistics experts.

For now, the investigators interrogations will have a huge effect on the jury (especially when they review it later) because it shows just how illogical his multiple stories are. And there's also the part where Zim says 'it doesn't even sound like me' when played the audio recording of the screams. They may try to pass it off as just interrogation techniques now, but it's clear from the tapes and from the affidavits that they didn't believe him.

all they need is reasonable doubt .. and there's plenty as of right now and we're still on the prosecution's case .. the prosecution is in deep shit
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy