Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 03:30 AM   #4321
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
GZ will end up having a price put on his head by some black gang...dead in 2 years tops.

Karma a mofukka

the "new" black panthers already put a ten thousand dollar bounty on zim, though nothing has ever been proven....but that isnt racist at all and is fully fine
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #4322
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

zimmerman will be acquitted .. unless the jury relies on their sympathies for tm .. it's possible .. but I think he'll be acquitted .. and then .. get ready for the shit storm
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #4323
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
This is a very hard case for the prosecutors because they are charging him with murder 2 with virtually no evidence to back it up. There's simply not enough evidence to prove beyond any reasonable doubt and the prosecution overreached on the charges like they did with Casey Anthony. They have no evidence Zimmerman chased him. Following him with the intent to harm him and satisfying the dispatcher's request of "He ran? Which way did he run to?" are two very different things. Assuming someone is acting suspicious and following them isn't a crime in Florida, or any other state that I'm aware of. So sure, there was probably some bad judgement here, but nothing Zimmerman did prior to the altercation was illegal per say.

During a bond hearing the prosecutors flat out admitted they have no evidence of who started the fight. Their entire case is very circumstantial and relies heavily on Martin's girlfriend's statement of what she heard over the phone shortly before the confrontation. She offers very little in terms of what was going on at the time, and seems to think she heard, over a cell phone, Zimmerman push Martin down before the phone went dead.

I just don't think they can or will present enough credible evidence to the jury to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman chased Martin with the intent to harm him and then proceeded to started a physical altercation with him. There simply isn't enough evidence available to do so and inevitably that will lead to doubt among the jury and in the end, an acquittal for Zimmerman.

Agreed. The prosecutors are a bunch of idiots. If I was them, I would pull a page out of Cochran's law book, "If the glove doesn't fit, then you must aquit."

Cochran keyed on one piece of evidence and played it over and over like a broken record with a nice catch phrase to boot.

I know he was on the defense, but the prosecution could do the same thing by playing that audio over and over again.

In the audio, we have a boy screaming for his life and was viciously executed. Period. End of story. That should be their entire premise. Keep pounding that over and over again, and surely the jurors would be moved by that simple bottomline.

We're dealing with average people and average people don't like to think too much into things. A strong point should be enough to convince any jury pool.

It is a failure of the Trayvon's laywer's Zimmerman might get off. A strategy like that could easily get a 2nd murder conviction at the least (and 1st if they were ambitious enough).

Iamrambo > Trayvon's lawyers
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #4324
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
To play devil's advocate. It makes no sense to you because you have your mind made up, you've decided beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is guilty and that's why you have trouble making the pieces fit.

Example all the real experts say there's no way to tell who's calling for help, yet you are 100% certain it's Martin despite the fact nobody on the planet can say for sure.

If it's Zimmerman calling for help he stops screaming because obviously he doesn't need help anymore with Martin down.

If it's Martin crying out then the answer is fairly obvious why the screaming stopped

I think at this time it's wise for everybody to let it play out. All the testimony we were supposed to hear that would show Zimmerman was clearly in the wrong hasn't materialized yet. I think what we're seeing is the internet is a great place to spread misinformation but when the witnesses are on the stand the stories being told under oath are different than the ones we were told we'd hear

Stupid.

To say it is Zimmerman calling for help and then claiming "We don't know for sure" is the dumbest input I have read so far in this thread.

I think you are the one who has made his mind up. Not Dondadda. Trust me, I hate Dondadda, but he has the most logical premise. You're just pulling sh*t out of your a*s.

Don't read too much into it and just stick with reason and evidence.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #4325
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Agreed. The prosecutors are a bunch of idiots. If I was them, I would pull a page out of Cochran's law book, "If the glove doesn't fit, then you must aquit."

Cochran keyed on one piece of evidence and played it over and over like a broken record with a nice catch phrase to boot.

I know he was on the defense, but the prosecution could do the same thing by playing that audio over and over again.

In the audio, we have a boy screaming for his life and was viciously executed. Period. End of story. That should be their entire premise. Keep pounding that over and over again, and surely the jurors would be moved by that simple bottomline.

We're dealing with average people and average people don't like to think too much into things. A strong point should be enough to convince any jury pool.

It is a failure of the Trayvon's laywer's Zimmerman might get off. A strategy like that could easily get a 2nd murder conviction at the least (and 1st if they were ambitious enough).

Iamrambo > Trayvon's lawyers

they can keep pounding that all they want but there's no definitive proof of who was screaming and even less that it was trayvon .. if anything, there's more 'proof' that it was zimmerman courtesy of jonathan good
Old 07-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #4326
SilkkTheShocker
WESTBROOK=OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
zimmerman will be acquitted .. unless the jury relies on their sympathies for tm .. it's possible .. but I think he'll be acquitted .. and then .. get ready for the shit storm

Zimmerman will be acquitted. You can count on that.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #4327
Graviton
☯‿☯

So when does the trial end?

It's pretty hilarious how in USA everything can be made into a damn tv show and a spectacle, even a simple thing like a trial or a tragedy like a school shooting. The media just milks everything they can without any regard for morals.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #4328
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

they said it was going to be short .. but obviously it's gonna take a little longer .. I'd say it'll probably go 3 .. possible into week 4

lol@prosecution objecting to their own witness's testimony
Old 07-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #4329
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

If Z gets convicted I suspect.these will.be.why
Bushes. Gunshot.residue. distance between where the fight started and the. Body. DNA. Witness seeing.a.tussle. not a one punch knock down. 90 secs. App Time after trayvons phone call and gunshot 45 of those secs were recorded. How long between. Fight.and that 911 call? Z getting caught not knowing a the street name. Ballistics. Holster One thing I haven't seen discussed. How Did _Z rack the.slide of his gun?

Last edited by KevinNYC : 07-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #4330
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Intended a preview of this week's upcoming testimony. Bunch of random stuff sent from my phone while I waited for an appointment.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 07-02-2013 at 11:59 AM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #4331
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

the judge disallowed the defense from asking serino his opinion .. but she's allowing the prosecution to ask his opinion lol
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #4332
bmulls
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
One thing I haven't seen discussed. How Did _Z rack the.slide of his gun?

Kel Tec PF-9 is double action. Not necessary to rack the slide.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #4333
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
the judge disallowed the defense from asking serino his opinion .. but she's allowing the prosecution to ask his opinion lol

There was a legal reason for why that part of the testimony was stricken and the prosecutor provided the legal precedents to support his motion. Not that it matters anyway because Serino's opinion made no sense when considering he clearly didn't believe Zim's story in the interrogation tapes, and he might pass it off as just a 'challenge' now, but the evidence shows that at the end of his investigation he claimed he had probable cause for 2nd degree murder charges.

So obviously he didn't think Zim was telling the truth by the time he concluded his investigation.

I'm thinking that Serino might be trying to get back at the prosecutor who was responsible (partly) for having Serino thrown off the case and bumped down to beat cop, as well as his chief being fired. Just speculation on my part though. Either way, the evidence says he wasn't buying Zim's bullshit.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #4334
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Wow, so the SPD let this guy go without having any of the real evidence processed. Shoddy police work at its worst. Didn't bother to even check phone records and didn't even wait on the ballistics/forensics
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #4335
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
If Z gets convicted I suspect.these will.be.why
Bushes. Gunshot.residue. distance between where the fight started and the. Body. DNA. Witness seeing.a.tussle. not a one punch knock down. 90 secs. App Time after trayvons phone call and gunshot 45 of those secs were recorded. How long between. Fight.and that 911 call? Z getting caught not knowing a the street name. Ballistics. Holster One thing I haven't seen discussed. How Did _Z rack the.slide of his gun?

Injuries and grass stains confirm the story. Everything else is red herrings.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: