Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #4321
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
all they need is reasonable doubt .. and there's plenty as of right now and we're still on the prosecution's case .. the prosecution is in deep shit

You haven't even seen any real evidence, just conflicting witness testimony and investigators who originally wanted 2nd degree murder charges but were later kicked off the case because of incompetence (Serino is no longer a detective btw, was downgraded to beat cop after this fiasco).

Just keep watching.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #4322
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-jury-h...135825744.html
Quote:
"But Zimmerman told Serino he only got out of his car because he could not tell police the name of the street where he had last seen Martin, even though the Retreat at Twin Lakes housing complex where he lived has only three streets."

At one point, Zimmerman told police Martin approached his vehicle, which had been following him, partly circling it on foot before coming to a stop about a car length away. But Zimmerman rolled up his car window and ignored Martin, while speaking with a non-emergency police dispatcher.

"He wasn't within ear shot and I didn't want to confront him," Zimmerman said, when asked why he hadn't used that opportunity to say he was a neighborhood watchman.

"Zimmerman told police that he didn't even know he had killed Martin, with a lone hollow-point bullet round pumped into his chest at point blank range, until he was brought into police headquarters for questioning."

On the stand, Serino said there were "things that didn't quite add up," about Zimmerman's account, including his failure to remember the names of the three streets where he lived.

Though Zimmerman shot Martin through the heart with his 9mm Kel-Tec semi-automatic pistol, killing him almost instantly, Zimmerman also told police that the youth continued to talk after being shot.

"You got me," he quoted Martin as saying, moments after he was shot. "He was still talking and I was on top of him," he added.

Says he has a terrible memory but constantly says he knows everybody who lives there but somehow can't remember the three streets in the neighborhood? and the number pattern from East to West?

Everybody who hears the screaming and then shot is stunned at the deafening silence afterwards. Except the guy underneath the victim?

Anybody here really believe Trayvon kind of circled the car and Zim rolled up the windows? Every time a witness described the initial auditory confrontation it was definitely a Zimmerman introduction of aggression.

Then he conveniently straddles the non dead corpse. I think he's a liar.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #4323
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

2013 Lakers has an OK reputation so far

I strongly disagree with anyone who favors the prosecution's case after watching the first 6 days of this trial and thinks they're in the lead.

I'd say they've done a pretty shitty job so far. Most of the witnesses they've called have either been turned to the defense's advantage or been riddled with reasonable doubt.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #4324
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC

From what I was able to hear, this was a pretty good day for the defense. I didn't get to hear the prosecutors.
I was listening to a local TV stations coverage and they had a lawyers who said the prosecution made a mistake today and they could have held back on some of the evidence they showed the jury (I think it was parts of the police interviews) and then the only way it could the defense could have gotten it before the jury was to have Zimmerman take the stand. He said now there is now way that zimmerman would take the stand.

The prosecution has this kind of no strategy and preparation feel to them. I have said this before. They are kind of like lets just do this.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #4325
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
http://news.yahoo.com/florida-jury-h...135825744.html

Says he has a terrible memory but constantly says he knows everybody who lives there but somehow can't remember the three streets in the neighborhood? and the number pattern from East to West?

Everybody who hears the screaming and then shot is stunned at the deafening silence afterwards. Except the guy underneath the victim?

Anybody here really believe Trayvon kind of circled the car and Zim rolled up the windows? Every time a witness described the initial auditory confrontation it was definitely a Zimmerman introduction of aggression.

Then he conveniently straddles the non dead corpse. I think he's a liar.

None of his story(stories) made any sense whatsoever and the funny thing is that the interrogation tapes revealed all of that. If Martin was still talking (impossible with both his lungs collapsing immediately and his chest cavity filling with blood) and interacting with him, why did he stop yelling for help immediately after the shot fired? He even claimed before that he didn't even think he hit Martin with the bullet... yet he stops yelling for help at that exact moment, holsters his weapon.

Makes absolutely no sense.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #4326
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
I'm eagerly waiting for the end of this trial and the verdict to see how people react if he's found not guilty

I think I would be most surprised if he was found guilty of second-degree murder. I think there's too much up in the air to be able to say definitively one way or another. I'm sure there will be plenty of people outraged regardless of the outcome. I'd be more interested in what the jury has to say after the trial.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #4327
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
None of his story(stories) made any sense whatsoever and the funny thing is that the interrogation tapes revealed all of that. If Martin was still talking (impossible with both his lungs collapsing immediately and his chest cavity filling with blood) and interacting with him, why did he stop yelling for help immediately after the shot fired? He even claimed before that he didn't even think he hit Martin with the bullet... yet he stops yelling for help at that exact moment, holsters his weapon.

To play devil's advocate. It makes no sense to you because you have your mind made up, you've decided beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is guilty and that's why you have trouble making the pieces fit.

Example all the real experts say there's no way to tell who's calling for help, yet you are 100% certain it's Martin despite the fact nobody on the planet can say for sure.

If it's Zimmerman calling for help he stops screaming because obviously he doesn't need help anymore with Martin down.

If it's Martin crying out then the answer is fairly obvious why the screaming stopped

I think at this time it's wise for everybody to let it play out. All the testimony we were supposed to hear that would show Zimmerman was clearly in the wrong hasn't materialized yet. I think what we're seeing is the internet is a great place to spread misinformation but when the witnesses are on the stand the stories being told under oath are different than the ones we were told we'd hear

Last edited by daily : 07-01-2013 at 09:36 PM.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #4328
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
I strongly disagree with anyone who favors the prosecution's case after watching the first 6 days of this trial and thinks they're in the lead.

I'd say they've done a pretty shitty job so far. Most of the witnesses they've called have either been turned to the defense's advantage or been riddled with reasonable doubt.

Honestly, both sides have done a shitty job. It's coming down to who f*cks up the least, which has clearly been the defense so far.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #4329
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Honestly, both sides have done a shitty job. It's coming down to who f*cks up the least, which has clearly been the defense so far.

This. All the defense has proven is a bunch of maybes. I'd like to see what the ballastics evidence shows to support Zimmerman's version of events. I don't think the prosecution was looking to build this case on the testimony of witnesses.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #4330
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
This. All the defense has proven is a bunch of maybes. I'd like to see what the ballastics evidence shows to support Zimmerman's version of events. I don't think the prosecution was looking to build this case on the testimony of witnesses.
What do you expect to see from Ballistics?
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #4331
FillJackson
I brick open layups

FillJackson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

It's a pretty amazing statement. You shoot someone almost dead center in the chest from a very short distance and you think you miss?

The other part that makes no sense is, someone is on mounted on top of your chest. You shoot them in the chest, and you don't remember how you get out from under him. Presumably the guy you shot is dying on top on you and falls on your chest, this doesn't stick in your mind?

Seems like it might be the most memorable moment of the night.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #4332
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
It's a pretty amazing statement. You shoot someone almost dead center in the chest from a very short distance and you think you miss?
The distance between the barrel of the gun and his chest was actually no distance. The contact would have to be 1 inch tops but more than likely no distance at all.

Quote:
The other part that makes no sense is, someone is on mounted on top of your chest. You shoot them in the chest, and you don't remember how you get out from under him. Presumably the guy you shot is dying on top on you and falls on your chest, this doesn't stick in your mind?

Seems like it might be the most memorable moment of the night.
GM gives the impression he was drunk or on some hallucinogen. If the police were on the job, all of this dramatic movie nonsense should have made them think of a toxicology test. Even looking at him listening to the tapes today, he listens like it wasn't him.

Also the high energy desperate screams would keep sometype of momentum if he thought his assailant was still alive. It would not have stopped cold like somebody shot him in the lungs at close range and killed him.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #4333
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

2013 Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Honestly, both sides have done a shitty job.

I don't know. I think O'Mara brilliantly laid out the absence of depraved mind and malice today that will be needed for a murder conviction.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #4334
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
The distance between the barrel of the gun and his chest was actually no distance. The contact would have to be 1 inch tops but more than likely no distance at all.

GM gives the impression he was drunk or on some hallucinogen. If the police were on the job, all of this dramatic movie nonsense should have made them think of a toxicology test. Even looking at him listening to the tapes today, he listens like it wasn't him.

This often happens in extremely high stress situations..
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #4335
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Watching CNN right now. Pretty much everyone is saying that defense got a gift today from the cops. One guy pretty much thinks it's over. The cops, are pretty much assholes being character witnesses for the Zimmerman. The legal experts are saying they've never seen this happen before.

Last edited by longtime lurker : 07-01-2013 at 11:06 PM.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: