Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #4336
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

O'Mara says that if you consider Zimmerman's story to be true, about his head being hit against concrete, "Do you consider him [Martin] to have armed himself with concrete?"

"Yes sir," said Serino

dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #4337
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
O'Mara says that if you consider Zimmerman's story to be true, about his head being hit against concrete, "Do you consider him [Martin] to have armed himself with concrete?"

"Yes sir," said Serino

But Serino has made it clear he doesn't consider that to be true. He said several times in the interrogation tapes, and then again on the stand that he felt the injuries were not consistent with his story and that he 'exaggerated'.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #4338
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:

"Yes sir," said Serino

O'Mara: no pressing of gun against chest. Serino: not based on evidence that I've read
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #4339
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
But Serino has made it clear he doesn't consider that to be true. He said several times in the interrogation tapes, and then again on the stand that he felt the injuries were not consistent with his story and that he 'exaggerated'.

interesting .. so this guy is going back and forth saying things that favor both sides .. double agent lol .. seriously though .. his credibility is pretty shoddy and unreliable right now
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #4340
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Injuries and grass stains confirm the story. Everything else is red herrings.

No they don't. They don't tell us anything about how the fight began. Doesn't tell us about how the fight ended either.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #4341
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

O'Mara's good
Old 07-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #4342
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Omara just uttered the stupidest thing today. If someone punches you in the nose and you fall down blood wont show?????

This guy must've forgot that people watch UFC.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #4343
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
interesting .. so this guy is going back and forth saying things that favor both sides .. double agent lol .. seriously though .. his credibility is pretty shoddy and unreliable right now

Yeah, he has been a strange witness. But key things he pointed out- Zimmerman displayed ill will and spite with his 'derogatory' terms, he continued to pursue Trayvon after dispatch warned him not to, and his injuries were not at all consistent with the attack he claimed. He called his story 'exaggerated'.

I'm shocked that the prosecutor did not bring up Serino's capias from the conclusion of his investigation. Maybe there's a legal reason for that but I assume it would bolster the prosecution's case to let the jury know that Serino originally wanted 2nd degree murder charges levied against Zim and that was without, as we found out today, him having access to key evidence (phone records, forensics, ballistics, etc).

Then again, the State Prosecutor's office was called in to take over after the SPD completely mishandled the case, so that could be the reason. Either way, can't watch for a few hours. Shame, it was getting interesting and I think from here on out the prosecution will lay out all the objective evidence. I would assume they bring their own investigators onto the stand or at least some forensics/ballistics experts.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #4344
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Yeah, he has been a strange witness. But key things he pointed out- Zimmerman displayed ill will and spite with his 'derogatory' terms, he continued to pursue Trayvon after dispatch warned him not to, and his injuries were not at all consistent with the attack he claimed. He called his story 'exaggerated'.

I'm shocked that the prosecutor did not bring up Serino's capias from the conclusion of his investigation. Maybe there's a legal reason for that but I assume it would bolster the prosecution's case to let the jury know that Serino originally wanted 2nd degree murder charges levied against Zim and that was without, as we found out today, him having access to key evidence (phone records, forensics, ballistics, etc).

Then again, the State Prosecutor's office was called in to take over after the SPD completely mishandled the case, so that could be the reason. Either way, can't watch for a few hours. Shame, it was getting interesting and I think from here on out the prosecution will lay out all the objective evidence. I would assume they bring their own investigators onto the stand or at least some forensics/ballistics experts.

if his credibility is shot and he's not reliable, neither is anything he says at this point .. he keeps catering to both sides .. quite odd .. I don't know what the deal with this witness is
Old 07-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #4345
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Serious question, I'm no lawyer obviously but if Z is aquitted, what are the odds the Fed steps in under pressure from the black community? Could they go after him on violating M's civil rights?

Mea culpa if it's a dumb question but they went after OJ on similar charges after he was aquitted, AIC?
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #4346
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Serious question, I'm no lawyer obviously but if Z is aquitted, what are the odds the Fed steps in under pressure from the black community? Could they go after him on violating M's civil rights?

Mea culpa if it's a dumb question but they went after OJ on similar charges after he was aquitted, AIC?

they could .. they did it in the rodney king case .. that's bs though .. it's basically overriding double jeopardy under the guise of 'civl rights'
Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #4347
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

I missed the introduction of this guy .. did I hear correctly .. he's gz's best friend ? wtf lol
Old 07-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #4348
ace23

Quote:
I missed the introduction of this guy .. did I hear correctly .. he's gz's best friend ? wtf lol
Why is he looking/talking so nervous(ly)?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #4349
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Why is he looking/talking so nervous(ly)?

lol yeah the guy's drowning in sweat
Old 07-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #4350
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
The screaming on the telephone is over 40 seconds. If you believe Trayvon was pounding on him for 20 seconds his face would be a lot worse than that. If Zim decided to take a few blows to his face to get to his gun, it would look a lot worse than it did in those few three or two seconds. But Trayvon was supposedly holding his mouth, slamming his head, punching him out, as Dictator mentions - despite the screams not exhibiting any of that.

I was reffering to being able to reach his firearm......

Silva moved up in the weight division once and didn't want to do it anymore - and he's considered the greatest ever. Mayweather is among the greatest ever and he fights at catch weights but rarely goes 7 lbs out of the way. The Gracies had a superior technique that eliminated weight advantages - but once familiarity hit, a core of five moves eliminated those advantages. Amazingly guys Royce Gracie's size were able to beat him after that - I forgot the Japanese guys name that fought four of the Gracies and beat them.

He moved in weight 3 times...not once......and KO'd all 3 opponents

Mayweather is a Pro Boxer..he weighs what 150 lbs?.....he fights for Millions....who knows what motivates him?....

Gracies ( Royce) Lost to Zaku....then Beat Zaku a few years later.

The Gracies influence the world of MMA and made BJJ in America a huge sprt.....just because Royce got old and lost a few fights shouldn't be viewed negatively.

BJJ s still dominate in MMA....you can't negate a great BJJ player with 5 moves....in fact f you take a BJJ player vs any Fighter who doesn't understand Submissions....a BJJ player will have a huge advantage

I've taken some of the students I mentored to their campus's and the guys who weighed 230 and 240 lbs were bullies and didn't get tested. A lot of times they are on the football team (Penn State and Ohio State campuses). My kids were at risk kids so they go back at them because they know how to handle that. But you are lying to me if you don't pay attention to size. I really think you are lying if you tell me that in HS you thought you could take on a man in his late 20's that was 40lbs. heavier than you.

Big diffrence between a College athlete with extra 40lbs and someone like George Zimmerman...:lol

Travon Martin was actually much taller and had a huge reach advantage.....

at 17 years old ....would I be scared of a short pudgy guy like Zimmerman?.....hell naw.

Bigger healthy guys were always problematic since the beginning of time. Its consistent in the animal, insect, birds, reptiles, fish even predator plants kingdoms. You're not a big guy, but on message boards its easy to act like you're Thor and don't know something that's basic to our known universe. Cut it out, man. But that's not the only thing... are humans becoming the dumbest species on the planet and don't even know when its own species is in its prime? And that weight is a factor?

George Zimerman is not a big guy....in fact he is a small guy with a complex....

Small guys wth a complex are far more problematic to society then Big Bullies.....( I.E Napolean,Hitler,Ghengis)

You have no chance of surviving if chaos happens.

save your sidewalk psychology.....your BS might work on kids in Ohio.....but not here

George Zimmerman was a small pudgy B!tch......he got his azz beat by TM.....

was he wrong for shooting TM?....yes

was he wrong for trying to help the neighborhood?...no

If TM was my kid...I wuld want GZ's head on my plate....

why couldn't both men talk to each other?.....all this could have been avoided
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: