Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #4411
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Nanners meant to post this photo.

Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #4412
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Some of you have no ****ing clue about the law. I swear. Zimmerman will be a free man in the near future.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #4413
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone

lmao
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #4414
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
What's wilder is who leads off a fight with their weak hand against a heavier guy.

Yup, most people don't realize that the one abrasion found on Trayvon's hands was on his off-hand, his left. Who randomly and without motive attacks a man, tries to inexplicably kill him... but punching him with his off-hand?

And as the medical examiner just testified, there was evidence only consistent with one strike and one impact (back of the head meeting concrete or other hard surface). There was no evidence that Zim was 'MMA grounded and pounded' with 25-30 strikes or had his head banged on the sidewalk a dozen times as he claimed. Anyone with basic sense knows that would result in far worse injuries for both Zimmy and Trayvon.

What it looks like happened now, as I've posited since the damn beginning, is that Zimmerman tried to physically detain Trayvon somewhere in the 'T' intersection area after a short verbal exchange. Trayvon tried to run towards Brandy Green's townhouse (trail of evidence leading from the intersection towards that direction and where the body was found backs this up). He hit Zim once in the face in self defense, trying to get him off, Zim (still holding onto Trayvon's clothing) fell on his back and hit the back of his head once on the sidewalk.

Both were on the ground and this point and Zim being dazed momentarily gave Trayvon the opportunity to initially get on top in an attempt to hold him down while he called out for someone to help him. Wrestling match ensued until Zim, with his extensive MMA training and experience, was able to get 'wrist control' and reverse positions- him on top, Trayvon on the bottom, and was able to unholster, aim, and fire one shot into Trayvon's heart.

He then patted him down, flipping him over to check his back pockets before someone came out with a flashlight and the cops arrived.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #4415
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
Yeah, Zimmerman lived there. Trayvon didn't, but he was staying at his dad's girlfriend's house, I believe.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Alright, so Zimmerman did live there, Trayvon didn't ... and that's why Zimmerman was following him around? I think it sound suspicious as all hell that a man in his 30's was out at night step-by-step creeping up on some young kid in the dark. Maybe it was Trayvon who was in fear of his life, and not Zimmerman.

I mean think about it. You're just a teenager, an older man is following behind you. You're just a kid, and I don't know if Trayvon was drunk, high, or whatever (I think if he was it would have already been all over the news and I only ask bc I remember people saying something to the effect of Trayvon being a regular pot smoker). Either way, doesn't really matter.

Alright so just think if you were Trayvon, you're walking home from the store, and you notice someone is following you. A) you're thinking "why is this person following me?" and B) is this individual drunk, high or even armed or dangerous. Perhaps Trayvon thought he was about to be robbed, mugged, etc. Maybe Trayvon was in fear for his life. Something just doesn't add up to me.

All I know is after watching CNN and HLN the Defense is currently winning. Something to the effect of a few of the head/lead detective are (for lack of a better word/description) siding with Zimmerman. Not praising GZ or bashing TM, but if their testimony had to benefit one or the other, it was clearly Zimmerman. I think one of the legal experts said the Prosecution at this point has an uphill battle to face.

They also said in most cases where a man's life/sentence is on the line just as this one, the man/woman on trial would more than likely take the stand in a last effort to convince the jury to side/feel sorry for the individual on trail. They said all Zimmerman has to do is put on the best possible demeanor day-to-day while he's in the courtroom. There's enough tape/videos of him answering questions that he doesn't need to take the stand and tell his side of the story.

I think in fairness and closure for Martin's family, Zimmerman should be forced to take the stand and not so-much be drilled and questioned by the Prosecution, but that he should take the stand and let the record show he told his side of the story right there in the courtroom.

Again, I apologize for not being as informed as I should be about many of the aspects of this case, but in terms of the actual jury itself, what's its makeup? How many men/women? What are their ages and races? I think at the end of the day, the law will be the law, but that won't be what determines Zimmerman's fate; it'll be the raw emotion of the jury.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #4416
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone

MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #4417
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I only recalled Franklin but he won all of his heavier fights with striking anyway. Bonnar and Irvin were not the best at light heavy weight... .Greatest striker on the planet and he only went up in weight once to fight the best there. Jon Jones hasn't had much comp at all in his weight division. But these guys are very different than regular non trained fighters anyway.

He went UP in weight 3 Times!

- He KO'd James Irvin ( who is a very good stand up Fighter and much bigger frame then Anderson.....he trains in Sacramento and Stockton ...I have followed his career)

- He KO'd Forrest Griffin.....who is much Bigger then Anderson....FG walks around at 250lbs - 260lbs

- He KO'd Stephen Bonnar...another Large LHW.....Bonnar is an excellent Striker ( a former NY state Golden Glove champion)...and has never been KO'd before the Silva Fight.

all 3 men are naturally 30 - 40lbs heavier then Silva ( walk around weight/fight dayweight)

The Gracies were like supermen. They had the best technique in the world since like the 1940's. They had the style that could beat bigger skilled guys with regularity. I talk to Renzo and Ryan and see them twice a week: Their main school is by one of my locations. Great guys. They are opening a new school in Brooklyn. They had freaked the fight game for half of century. It was a superior style.

When I mentioned the five moves it's based on BJJ grappling technique and the new level of MMA. Before people really studied the style and began to manipulate it was more than 5 moves... but now MMA was ushered into a new level because it was a way to beat BJJ. That's how impactful BJJ was/is

yes...that's pretty much what I said....BJJ is not mitigated with 5 moves......it is a Must have technique to have......and is what MMA is founded on.

My whole problem with Zim is that he killed a kid based on his original crazy thoughts (a black kid walking in the rain is trouble). Nor do I want a society where jerks with guns can make a dozen incredibly stupid decisions, follow people and kill them with impunity. The guy is a catastrophe at best.

The guy does have a complex for sure......but I think made mistakes.....TM probably thought he was just going beat GZ azz for following him.....

TM didn't know he was armed and ready.....If TM really did swing first....Mount GZ and punch him...it was a fatal mistake.

easily avoided by both guys....if they just saw past and understood one another.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #4418
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
And as the medical examiner just testified, there was evidence only consistent with one strike and one impact (back of the head meeting concrete or other hard surface). There was no evidence that Zim was 'MMA grounded and pounded' with 25-30 strikes or had his head banged on the sidewalk a dozen times as he claimed. Anyone with basic sense knows that would result in far worse injuries for both Zimmy and Trayvon.

I have no idea where Zimmerman got that "Trayvon (or the "suspect") pounded me 30 times as I was yelling for someone to help me" ... seriously dude, 30 times? Even with moderate force or less, with 30 consecutive hits, Zimmerman would have his entire cranium bashed in, face beyond physical recognition and clearly he'd be unconscious. Combine that with Zimmerman was in fear of his life... so he ultimately pulled out his gun and slayed the teenager.

I think it's sadly pathetic the Defense, media or whoever painted that mental image of Trayvon "was only walking up to the corner store to buy some Skittles and soda pop" ... I found that just as irrelevant as when those pictures surfaced showing Trayvon flipping the double bird. Who really gives a shit, and what does that have to do with anything? We seen pictures of Trayvon on a horse, pee-wee football, etc. - but only a few of him in "thug mode" Instead of letting the facts dictate the direction of the case, the media and Prosecution is battling the Defense and those siding with the Defense with photographs and vice versa. That's why I'm saying in the end, the actual law isn't going to be what determines Zimmerman's fate; it'll be the raw emotion and core opinions of the jury - and not what some Florida law says is right or wrong, just or unjust.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 07-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #4419
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has an OK reputation so far

Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #4420
MJ23forever

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Trayvon is considered big when he somehow can wrestle a 40lbs heavier guy down and keep him there without needing his arms to help keep Zim down (the octopus argument), but in a a full minute fight (at least) of pummeling he can only deliver damage that a 10year old kid would deliver. The two don't go together. And his weak hand was the one that made Zim fear for his life.

What's wilder is who leads off a fight with their weak hand against a heavier guy.

Depends, if he was punching close to Z then it wouldn't cause that much damage in the long run. John Good's testmony would kind of support this, as he said TM's fists were ''only going down'' indicating that TM didn't take much of a 'run up' so to speak in each punch.

If you don't understand what I mean, punch yourself in the eye (or knee) from ~~20cm, then punch yourself in the eye (or knee) from ~~50cm. Big difference.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #4421
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I have no idea where Zimmerman got that "Trayvon (or the "suspect") pounded me 30 times as I was yelling for someone to help me" ... seriously dude, 30 times? Even with moderate force or less, with 30 consecutive hits, Zimmerman would have his entire cranium bashed in, face beyond physical recognition and clearly he'd be unconscious.

Yup. And Trayvon's hand would be an absolute mess. Zim also had no defensive wounds whatsoever.

You'd expect Zim to look like something like this:

Not this:

And Trayvon's hands would look like this:

Not just have one 1/4" abrasion on his off hand.

Anyone who believed Zim's account is a f*cking idiot, no offense.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #4422
MJ23forever

Quote:
Yup, most people don't realize that the one abrasion found on Trayvon's hands was on his off-hand, his left. Who randomly and without motive attacks a man, tries to inexplicably kill him... but punching him with his off-hand?

A good straight left is more powerful than a looping right even if you're right handed.

Quote:
Both were on the ground and this point and Zim being dazed momentarily gave Trayvon the opportunity to initially get on top in an attempt to hold him down while he called out for someone to help him. Wrestling match ensued until Zim, with his extensive MMA training and experience, was able to get 'wrist control' and reverse positions- him on top, Trayvon on the bottom, and was able to unholster, aim, and fire one shot into Trayvon's heart.

Except gun shot residue on the shirt shows that Trayvon was leaning forward, causing his shirt to hang forward off his body.

Your theory is directly contradicted by the evidence.

Zim's head was hit on the concrete multiple times because he had injuries on the side of the head. Of course, he resisted the some of the bashing so some of the injuries are less visible. Good witnessed he saw Zim on the ground and Trayvon was not on the ground at any point before he got shot. And Trayvon threw a punch with the hand that was available, maybe Zim had his right hand in control-

Quote:
And as the medical examiner just testified

You mean the medical examiner who never saw Zimmerman in the flesh, and who based her testimony off of pictures that she admits are distorted? (she had issue with the defense's pictures, but hers weren't any better)
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #4423
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
- you have no idea whether tm was a 'suspicious person' or not .. again we weren't there .. we don't know what gz was seeing ..
He saw a teen walking in the rain. You are going to pretend you don't know this?
Quote:
- you're arguing this case based off your emotions .. that's good and all but I'll stick with the facts of the case ..
I will ask you simple questions one more time.
Quote:
- gz wasn't stalking him .. he had no intention or thoughts of doing anything to tm .. the fact that he called the police is proof of this .. he called the police so they could come and take care of it ..

I'm arguing off of my emotions, huh. Who said anything about stalking? You try to think for Zimmerman and even see a suspicious person for him. He was walking in the rain. Zim sounds a bit nuts but you think its good clear thinking because you think like him.

Simple question to you. Did Zim see and profile Trayvon? Did he follow him?

If you don't have two established facts right now you never will. Just answer the simple question.
Quote:
- gz is a resident there .. he's aware of a rash of break ins .. he's keeping an eye out for anyone who may look out of place or suspicious .. he has every right to do this .. he spots tm which to him seemed to look suspicious .. again we don't know what he was seeing ..

I don't care. Please point out the fact to me in your babble. Are you saying his skittles looks just like breaking in tools???
Quote:
- gz calls it in(which means he has no intention of attacking and killing tm) .. in fact he mentions in the call about meeting up with an officer somewhere there when they arrive ..
No facts there either. Your guess work on how Zim's crazy mind works. It seems logical to make this quess but he's makes a lot of irrational dumb decisions. Regardless. Zim is now pursuing a teen who was guilty of walking in the rain, with a gun. Is this not a fact or not?
Quote:

- dispatcher asks him where tm is .. gz attempts to keep track of tm so he can tell the police where he is when they get there .. he has every right to do this ..
He lives in a place with only three blocks in the gated community. He should know the numbers start on one end by all means. He can't be that stupid. Simply can not be. But this is not a fact so I won't claim it as one.

Zimmerman is cursing and swearing that a boy with skittles is a criminal when he isn't. Is this a fact or not? Just answer the question. Why does Zim hate somebody he doesn't know and will kill in a few minutes? Simple question.

Quote:
- somewhere in that timespan, they end up encountering each other ..

- the rest is up for debate
Simple question. Are these facts or not?

Zimmer seen him and incorrectly profiled him.
Trayvon did nothing wrong to be profiled
Zim was cursing Trayvon and saying "they always get away" and following him with a gun.
Zim was told not to follow him but does so anyway.
Trayvon tried to evade Zimmerman.
Zim kills Trayvon.

These are facts. You are running away from them because it confronts something in you that you are not ready to deal with. All of those facts are products of Zimmer's incorrect thoughts and foul follow-up actions. Please tell me where you think he was bright and correct in his thinking and maybe I will contribute your thought to Psychology Today.

One can only make guesswork that Trayvon got hostile because the creep was following him and punched him. But Zimmerman was overzealous, incredibly stupid, and wrong from the very beginning. And the gun might have been exposed from the very beginning but that is guess work on our part. But its funny how the only the guesswork makes Zim look good and Trayvon bad in this whole scenario. The facts paint a horrible picture.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #4424
MJ23forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I have no idea where Zimmerman got that "Trayvon (or the "suspect") pounded me 30 times as I was yelling for someone to help me" ... seriously dude, 30 times? Even with moderate force or less, with 30 consecutive hits, Zimmerman would have his entire cranium bashed in, face beyond physical recognition and clearly he'd be unconscious.

Not in the rain, in the dark, with hands slipping and Zimmerman attempting to block as best he could.

Add in the stress and fact he was shocked from getting punched in the face and concerned about his head being pinned on the pavement, and it doesn't really matter if it was 10, 20, or 30 strikes with varying results.

His injuries were sufficient to defend himself. You don't wait until you're brain damaged to do that; you do it before so you actually survive. That's how self defense works!

Considering he screamed for help at a neighbor and physically tried to get away but was pinned, it's easy to argue he exhausted every option.

btw, a state witness testified that impacts do not have to leave marks. He could have done it once and the shooting would be justified. The shooting was justified the moment Zimmerman felt he was in danger.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #4425
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
A good straight left is more powerful than a looping right even if you're right handed.

Bullshit. You're telling me a jab is more powerful than a right hook (assuming the person's dominant hand is his right)? Absolute bullshit.

The medical examiner just testified that Zimmerman's injuries are only consistent with one strike . So if you're telling me that the one punch came while both were standing and Trayvon hit him with only a jab after spewing some B movie villain lines, how do you justify deadly force in that situation?

There were clearly, CLEARLY, 25-30 MMA punches and ground and pound, or whatever bullshit Zim and the idiots who believed him were spewing. Only one punch, and one impact with a hard surface (we're just assuming its concrete).

The proper response to this is a bullet in the heart?

Quote:
Except gun shot residue on the shirt shows that Trayvon was leaning forward, causing his shirt to hang forward off his body.

More bullshit.

The GSR on Trayvon's body only indicated stipling and that the shot came from intermediate range. It has no bearing on his body position. The only thing tthat indicates that is the displacement between the bullet holes in his clothing and his body, and gravity does not explain that amount of displacement. The most likely scenario is Zimmerman using his left hand to grab and pull down Trayvon clothing with his left hand.

Quote:
Your theory is directly contradicted by the evidence.

Zim's head was hit on the concrete multiple times because he had injuries on the side of the head. Of course, he resisted the some of the bashing so some of the injuries are less visible. Good witnessed he saw Zim on the ground and Trayvon was not on the ground at any point before he got shot. And Trayvon threw a punch with the hand that was available, maybe Zim had his right hand in control-

You mean the medical examiner who never saw Zimmerman in the flesh, and who based her testimony off of pictures that she admits are distorted? (she had issue with the defense's pictures, but hers weren't any better)

Everyone who has testified so far on the matter of the injuries- Det. Serino, Zim's PA, and the medical examiner are all in agreement that the only injuries Zim suffered were 'minor' or 'insignificant' or more telling, 'not consistent' with his story.

There is only evidence consistent with one punch, one impact with a hard surface.

Zim's injuries were barely visible by the time he was driven to the police station and he denied attempts to take him to the hospital 3X on the way, then several times after that and including not seeing the ENT as his PA suggested.

Face it, the struggle did not go down the way Zim described it. As Serino put it, it was 'exaggerated' to try to justify shooting an unarmed minor guest of a resident who was walking home in the heart.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: