Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #4426
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 12th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Yup. And Trayvon's hand would be an absolute mess. Zim also had no defensive wounds whatsoever.

You'd expect Zim to look like something like this:

Not this:

And Trayvon's hands would look like this:

Not just have one 1/4" abrasion on his off hand.

Anyone who believed Zim's account is a f*cking idiot, no offense.

The exchange of punches was brief but George got scared and acted instinctively and no one knows how it would've ended if the fight went on.

Who cares what someone else looked like in a different circumstance?

You have the right to self defense using a deadly weapon when you FEAR that you are in mortal danger.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #4427
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

How did Zimmerman's hand get like that? I don't recall Zimmerman whaling on Trayvon, but looking at those knuckles suggests otherwise. Were there any postmortem photos of Trayvon? Based on looking at that, it's obvious Zimmerman got some licks in too (if not much more). Unless Zimmerman was punching the pavement.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #4428
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
The exchange of punches was brief but George got scared and acted instinctively and no one knows how it would've ended if the fight went on.

Yeah except there was no 'exchange of punches'. Again, the medical examiner took the stand and testified that Zim's injuries were only consistent with one strike and one impact on his head. And it most likely happened when Trayvon was defending himself against a grown man playing cops and robbers with a teenager. As Serino pointed out earlier, Zim continued to pursue Trayvon even after dispatch told him to stand down, but everyone with sense already knew that. And the girl Trayvon was on the phone with heard him say 'Get off! Get off!'.

No really a hard puzzle to put together, homie.

Your problem is your taking the word of a liar as Gospel.

Quote:
Who cares what someone else looked like in a different circumstance?

You have the right to self defense using a deadly weapon when you FEAR that you are in mortal danger.

Reasonable fear. Not when you chase someone down who runs away from you, you try to physically detain them, they defend them self by punching you ONCE and you react by shooting them in the heart.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #4429
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh

How did Zimmerman's hand get like that? I don't recall Zimmerman whaling on Trayvon, but looking at those knuckles suggests otherwise. Were there any postmortem photos of Trayvon? Based on looking at that, it's obvious Zimmerman got some licks in too (if not much more). Unless Zimmerman was punching the pavement.

Not Zim's hand, just a random guy who had been in a serious fight. I used that as an example of what you would expect Trayvon's hand to look like if he was 'raining down blows MMA style' 25-30 times.

Zim had no bruises on his hands, no defensive wounds whatsoever. Trayvon only had a 1/4" abrasion on his left (off hand) ring finger. No indication of more than one strike exists according to the ME.

Think I'm done here for now, might be back tomorrow afternoon if I can catch the proceedings.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #4430
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

I was watching the CNN recap on this and they mentioned that Zimmerman changed his story about the confrontation. First he said that Trayvon jumped out of the bushes and sucker punched him, then in the reenactment he didn't mention any bushes. He also told another version of the story about how Trayvon confronted him and asked why he's following him, which seems to match up with what Trayvon's girlfriend heard over the phone. My question is why isn't the prosecution making more of an emphasis about this?
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #4431
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 12th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

That woman from today was an expert witness working from photographs.

That woman who dealt with the actual injuries testified last week that Zimmerman would have died if the injuries had continued, and that he saved his own life by shooting Martin.

> Zimmerman was being attacked
> Zimmerman feared for his life
> Zimmerman stopped the attack using deadly force

There is nothing more to it than this. Thanks for the red herring though.

You don't wait until your injuries are life threatening to defend yourself, you defend yourself to prevent life threatening injuries happening.

He only had to be injured, with more injuries on the way, to justify defense.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #4432
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Zim continued to pursue Trayvon even after dispatch told him to stand down.

Wait a minute. If dispatch (which I'm assuming is 911 dispatch, meaning police officer of the law, right?) had already told Zimmerman to back off, wouldn't Zimmerman be legally bound to follow that order? If I'm not mistaken Zimmerman was breaking the law by continuing to pursue Martin, right? If Zimmerman was "in the clear" - still somehow following the law by continuing to follow Martin even after being commanded not to, makes me question the validity of Florida state laws, how they're enforced, not enforced etc.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #4433
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

2013 Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Wait a minute. If dispatch (which I'm assuming is 911 dispatch, meaning police officer of the law, right?) had already told Zimmerman to back off, wouldn't Zimmerman be legally bound to follow that order? If I'm not mistaken Zimmerman was breaking the law by continuing to pursue Martin, right? If Zimmerman was "in the clear" - still somehow following the law by continuing to follow Martin even after being commanded not to, makes me question the validity of Florida state laws, how they're enforced, not enforced etc.

Not a police officer, and the dispatchers are specifically instructed to not give orders, only to advise. They don't give orders because of possible liability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
A civilian non-emergency dispatcher asked if he was following the guy, George said yes, and the civilian dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that." George said "okay."

It was not an order, and it was not law enforcement.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #4434
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

such emotion .. it's almost like you're related to tm .. how do you wanna execute gm .. chair or guillotine ? ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
He saw a teen walking in the rain. You are going to pretend you don't know this?

yes he saw a 'teen' walking in the rain .. you say it as if being a teen is some qualifying or redeeming quality .. it's irrelevant that he's a teen .. teens are quite capable of causing others harm .. he saw what he thought was someone who looked suspicious .. again, we didn't see what he saw ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
You try to think for Zimmerman and even see a suspicious person for him. He was walking in the rain. Zim sounds a bit nuts but you think its good clear thinking because you think like him.

you keep ignoring relevant facts .. again, they've been having a rash of break ins and home invasions .. that's very serious .. I would be more viligant in my neighborhood if that was happening .. nothing wrong with that .. he saw someone he deemed suspicious .. nothing wrong with that ..

Quote:
Did Zim see and profile Trayvon? Did he follow him?

yeah he profiled him .. so what ? .. if I have a bunch of hoodlums causing trouble in my neighborhood, I'm gonna pay extra attention to anyone who looks suspicious around the neighborhood .. yeah he followed him .. more like keeping track of him .. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT .. apparently you have a problem with people wanting to be more vigilant and aware and protective of themselves and their property .. that's your problem .. I'm ok with that ..

Quote:
Are you saying his skittles looks just like breaking in tools???

he didn't know anything about skittles .. he saw someone who looked suspicious and called it in .. that's that ..

Quote:
Zimmer seen him and incorrectly profiled him.
-

and ? .. according to you, he's not supposed to keep an eye out for anyone suspicious because he may incorrectly profile them .. no

Quote:
Trayvon did nothing wrong to be profiled

cry me a river .. many of us have been profiled at one time or another .. I've been profiled .. I don't give a shit .. in this day and age, if you're not doing anything, 9 times out of 10, nothing will come of it .. of course if you are, chances are something will ..

Quote:
Zim was cursing Trayvon and saying "they always get away" and following him with a gun.

he's expressing his frustration at pos criminals who get away yes .. astute observation .. that doesn't mean he wanted to kill tm

Quote:
Zim was told not to follow him but does so anyway.

he was keeping track of him .. not hunting him down to kill him
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #4435
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Zim's injuries were barely visible by the time he was driven to the police station and he denied attempts to take him to the hospital 3X on the way, then several times after that and including not seeing the ENT as his PA suggested.

To prove your point, this photo is what, two hours after the incident?

I wouldn't even realize he had been in a fight based on that photo much less took a beating.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #4436
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
That woman from today was an expert witness working from photographs.

That woman who dealt with the actual injuries testified last week that Zimmerman would have died if the injuries had continued, and that he saved his own life by shooting Martin.

> Zimmerman was being attacked
> Zimmerman feared for his life
> Zimmerman stopped the attack using deadly force

There is nothing more to it than this. Thanks for the red herring though.

You don't wait until your injuries are life threatening to defend yourself, you defend yourself to prevent life threatening injuries happening.

He only had to be injured, with more injuries on the way, to justify defense.

Wrong. These are her exact words:

Quote:
“Medically speaking, would you agree that whatever he did to stop the attack allowed him to survive it?” asked O’Mara.

“It could have, potentially, yeah. It depends on the amount of trauma he was sustaining at the time,” said Folgate.

“So, stopping the attack is what allowed him to survive it, would you agree?” asked O’Mara.

“It could have, yes,” said Folgate.

Prosecutor de la Rionda followed up by asking Folgate if she was speculating. She admitted that she wasn’t there that night.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #4437
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #4438
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone

This woman has opened up a whole box of worms, her background is rich in all kinds of craziness.

http://www.newmediajournalism.org/20...r-valerie-rao/

Quote:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/more-co...tmlACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

Jacksonville Medical Examiner Valerie Rao has been the subject of recurring complaints from her co-workers dating back to 2009. According to letters sent to the the city, "Rao has been seen touching cadavers with her bare hands, washing her feet in the autopsy sink, and performing unnecessary autopsies on inmates to create a revenue stream."
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #4439
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

And this....this is just priceless.

PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #4440
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
And this....this is just priceless.

It's a joke, obviously (I think, haha).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: