Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #4441
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,110
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
And this....this is just priceless.





It's obviously a joke, or did that go over your head?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #4442
General
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 704
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

We should have the entire NSA on trial instead. Why are we paying any attention to this dude
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #4443
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,684
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
We should have the entire NSA on trial instead. Why are we paying any attention to this dude
So people can focus on petty little things while the government keeps doing what they want and keep everyone's attention on irrelevant shit that the masses will swallow up.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #4444
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Prosecution is finishing up their case either tomorrow or Friday, after that, the defense will begin to present their own case.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #4445
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,680
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
yes he saw a 'teen' walking in the rain .. you say it as if being a teen is some qualifying or redeeming quality .. it's irrelevant that he's a teen .. teens are quite capable of causing others harm .. he saw what he thought was someone who looked suspicious .. again, we didn't see what he saw ..
Where is the fact in this? Suspicious because he was a a man walking in the rain with skittles?

Quote:
you keep ignoring relevant facts .. again, they've been having a rash of break ins and home invasions .. that's very serious .. I would be more viligant in my neighborhood if that was happening .. nothing wrong with that .. he saw someone he deemed suspicious .. nothing wrong with that ..

Where are the facts? The guy made a dumb observation based on what he heard? Is that the fact for you? It doesn't matter how he came to his dumb observation. Would you want your son to be followed around by a guy with a gun because he didn't know there were robberies in some neighborhood? Even in hindsight you are not smarter than Zimmerman? A guy so dumb that he doesn't know the numbering scheme on a place he lived for more than a year and is a watch for. How many times did he call the police?

Quote:
yeah he profiled him .. so what ? .. if I have a bunch of hoodlums causing trouble in my neighborhood, I'm gonna pay extra attention to anyone who looks suspicious around the neighborhood .. yeah he followed him .. more like keeping track of him .. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT .. apparently you have a problem with people wanting to be more vigilant and aware and protective of themselves and their property .. that's your problem .. I'm ok with that ..

I do the work myself. I make the guys on my block pull up their pants and even watch their language. Some of them used to hate me. So I am more vigilant than most. Nonetheless, Zimmerman profiled horribly wrong on a kid with skittles and talking to his friend on the phone. You just admitted he profiled, well that the civil rights suit. The death as a result of, is the ensuing civil suit. Other proof can get him 25 years. But he made his mistakes but it seems like people like you aren't smart enough to learn from them.

Quote:
and ? .. according to you, he's not supposed to keep an eye out for anyone suspicious because he may incorrectly profile them .. no

He said Trayvon was walking in the rain. You think everybody who walks in the rain should be profiled and pursued with guns?

Quote:
cry me a river .. many of us have been profiled at one time or another .. I've been profiled .. I don't give a shit .. in this day and age, if you're not doing anything, 9 times out of 10, nothing will come of it .. of course if you are, chances are something will ..

So you were profiled for walking in the rain and were shot at.

Quote:
he's expressing his frustration at pos criminals who get away yes .. astute observation .. that doesn't mean he wanted to kill tm
You are defending a guy who is angry at the world pursing an innocent kid, thinking the kid is all the guys who get away with crime. The kid wasn't getting away with anything except innocently walking in the rain. This is a fact. In your diseased mind you think you and Zimmerman are right to merge Trayvon with all the guys you fear or got away with a crime. You even said it was "astute" and have said several times this is right. Zimmerman was a madman caught up in the moment... what's your excuse?
Quote:
he was keeping track of him .. not hunting him down to kill him

If you have a gun you naturally avoid situations that might cause you to pull it out in a community during family hours unless the stakes are extremely high like a guy that might take others in mass. This clown does it to pursue a guy walking in the rain. So kids were at risk, he ends up killing the guy and by three accounts comes off hostile with the kid when they meet.

Last edited by Pointguard : 07-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #4446
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,680
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Yup, most people don't realize that the one abrasion found on Trayvon's hands was on his off-hand, his left. Who randomly and without motive attacks a man, tries to inexplicably kill him... but punching him with his off-hand?

And as the medical examiner just testified, there was evidence only consistent with one strike and one impact (back of the head meeting concrete or other hard surface). There was no evidence that Zim was 'MMA grounded and pounded' with 25-30 strikes or had his head banged on the sidewalk a dozen times as he claimed. Anyone with basic sense knows that would result in far worse injuries for both Zimmy and Trayvon.

What it looks like happened now, as I've posited since the damn beginning, is that Zimmerman tried to physically detain Trayvon somewhere in the 'T' intersection area after a short verbal exchange. Trayvon tried to run towards Brandy Green's townhouse (trail of evidence leading from the intersection towards that direction and where the body was found backs this up). He hit Zim once in the face in self defense, trying to get him off, Zim (still holding onto Trayvon's clothing) fell on his back and hit the back of his head once on the sidewalk.

Both were on the ground and this point and Zim being dazed momentarily gave Trayvon the opportunity to initially get on top in an attempt to hold him down while he called out for someone to help him. Wrestling match ensued until Zim, with his extensive MMA training and experience, was able to get 'wrist control' and reverse positions- him on top, Trayvon on the bottom, and was able to unholster, aim, and fire one shot into Trayvon's heart.

He then patted him down, flipping him over to check his back pockets before someone came out with a flashlight and the cops arrived.

Yes, I recall your summary of events - like a year ago. This evidence of neither having significant bruises or evidence of that, also supports my early stand that Zimmerman had command of the fight for whole 40 second scream segment. And that the desperate screams were one for life and not a simple "help me" scream. That the gun is acknowledged by Trayvon early on. And that Zim did this cold blooded and out of no urgency or fear. Once again I based everything on the screams at first in the very early pages here. This still has to be proved but we'll see.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #4447
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
zimmerman will be acquitted .. unless the jury relies on their sympathies for tm .. it's possible .. but I think he'll be acquitted .. and then .. get ready for the shit storm

I could see people pointing at the prosecution and saying that they dropped the ball. But then again, maybe they're turning it around as yesterday seemed to be the best day for the prosecution so far. It looks like they finally did a decent job of putting doubt on Zim. Though, I could see the jury not finding Zim to be completely credible, but credible enough. They might not truly believe everything about his story, but not lacking enough to point to murder 2.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #4448
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Depends, if he was punching close to Z then it wouldn't cause that much damage in the long run. John Good's testmony would kind of support this, as he said TM's fists were ''only going down'' indicating that TM didn't take much of a 'run up' so to speak in each punch.

If you don't understand what I mean, punch yourself in the eye (or knee) from ~~20cm, then punch yourself in the eye (or knee) from ~~50cm. Big difference.

Zim said he checked TM's hands because he felt TM was hitting him with bricks. The jury has to have noticed that Zim's account is pretty exaggerated, but I'm not sure if it's enough to completely discredit Zim. How much does the jury buy into Zim's account? Do they feel he dressed it up to justify lethal force?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #4449
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,366
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
Nanners meant to post this photo.


The first credible, semi intelligent post by you. Congrats.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #4450
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,366
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

The judge already threw the case by not allowing voice experts to testify it was Trayvon's screams heard in the audio.

That was the single most important piece of evidence for 2nd degree murder for the prosecution.

Nothing else holds any weight.

Not guilty verdict. You can bet on it.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #4451
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,366
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
However the way the law is set up, and especially in this particular case, the verdict will either be guilty or not guilty.

Wow didn't know that captain obvious.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #4452
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
The judge already threw the case by not allowing voice experts to testify it was Trayvon's screams heard in the audio.



How do you figure when you had just as many experts opposing it as supporting it. The FBI specialist that testified the other day said it is impossible for a stranger or a machine to analyze someone's screams to any degree of accuracy. It got tossed because its not reliable, simple as that, for every expert you found that said he knew definitively who it was 100%, you had another one who said they couldn't tell.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #4453
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,366
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
How do you figure when you had just as many experts opposing it as supporting it. The FBI specialist that testified the other day said it is impossible for a stranger or a machine to analyze someone's screams to any degree of accuracy. It got tossed because its not reliable, simple as that, for every expert you found that said he knew definitively who it was 100%, you had another one who said they couldn't tell.

So what?

It should be up to the jury to decide, not the judge. If we have one expert that says it's Zimmerman, and another says it is not, the experts should still be allowed since it is integral to proving malice at the very last moment. In the end it is all an intepretation of evidences and no evidence is ever definitive.

And yes, there are special guidelines and analysis that can be taken to identify the voices. Merely throwing it out (when it is critical to prove a 2nd degree) is throwing the case away.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 07-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #4454
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,220
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
So what?

It should be up to the jury to decide, not the judge. If we have one expert that says it's Zimmerman, and another says it is not, the experts should still be allowed since it is integral to proving malice at the very last moment. In the end it is all an intepretation of evidences and no evidence is ever definitive.

And yes, there are special guidelines and analysis that can be taken to identify the voices. Merely throwing it out (when it is critical to prove a 2nd degree) is throwing the case away.

The jury has heard the audio. And will get to decide based on what they hear. They will not get to hear manipulated audio which is what the audio experts would have had to do to isolate the voices. The judge accepted the FBI audio expert's argument that there was not enough clear, high quality sound to be able to compare the voices. That audio sample was compromised at the source (phones not being high quality recorders and in this case being too far away from the screams) and further manipulation would be unreliable.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #4455
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
The judge already threw the case by not allowing voice experts to testify it was Trayvon's screams heard in the audio.

That was the single most important piece of evidence for 2nd degree murder for the prosecution.

Nothing else holds any weight.

Not guilty verdict. You can bet on it.

Because it wasn't real evidence.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy