Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #31
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
why would a dude with a pistol be screaming for help? the kid had no weapons, was smaller then the shooter.... I don't see why he would be screaming for help, those screams were from a dying man
That's my thought as well. I never for a second thought otherwise until I lingered down to the comments section. Then, after reading a related article on how some folks insisted it was Zimmerman, I began trying to stretch my imagination and paint other scenarios in my head. I wondered if Martin could have somehow turned the tables and was serving up a rightfully vicious beating upon Zimmerman for trying to detain or confront a random person walking around until Zimmerman was able to reach his weapon and discharge it in response.

Or, as much as this sounds like a movie, I put together a scenario where maybe Zimmerman attempted to detain Martin by flashing his pistol, at which point fighting commenced, with a battle over the weapon, creating hysteria on both ends as lives were at stake.

But to be sure, none of the scenarios I could dream up featuring Zimmerman as the screamer seem to make any lick of sense in the long run. Logically speaking, this paints itself as Martin yelling for his life before being gunned down by someone who decided in his head who he wanted to be "suspicious". Cliche, but it reminds me of the scene in Crash where the passenger is reaching into his waistband for his plastic Jesus while getting a ride home, leading to his being gunned down.

As we know though, prosecutors are going to need evidence as opposed to logic in terms of figuring out what happened between the end of Zimmerman's phone call and the beginning of the call featuring the screams.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #32
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/46775982/#46775982

fvcking wanna be cops....
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #33
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sick fvck
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #34
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

the shithead called 911 a total of 47 times on New Years?

dude is crazy.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #35
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who gives a **** as to who's voice it was? Zimmerman is a deranged racists.

And you guys know this. Lol at people who feel there's not enough evidence. This asshole should be in jail.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
That's my thought as well. I never for a second thought otherwise until I lingered down to the comments section. Then, after reading a related article on how some folks insisted it was Zimmerman, I began trying to stretch my imagination and paint other scenarios in my head. I wondered if Martin could have somehow turned the tables and was serving up a rightfully vicious beating upon Zimmerman for trying to detain or confront a random person walking around until Zimmerman was able to reach his weapon and discharge it in response.

Or, as much as this sounds like a movie, I put together a scenario where maybe Zimmerman attempted to detain Martin by flashing his pistol, at which point fighting commenced, with a battle over the weapon, creating hysteria on both ends as lives were at stake.

But to be sure, none of the scenarios I could dream up featuring Zimumerman as the screamer seem to make any lick of sense in the long run. Logically speaking, this paints itself as Martin yelling for his life before being gunned down by someone who decided in his head who he wanted to be "suspicious". Cliche, but it reminds me of the scene in Crash where the passenger is reaching into his waistband for his plastic Jesus while getting a ride home, leading to his being gunned down.

As we know though, prosecutors are going to need evidence as opposed to logic in terms of figuring out what happened between the end of Zimmerman's phone call and the beginning of the call featuring the screams.
No offense rake. But it seems as if your trying to justify this act if violence against this kid. After reading comments? The prosecutors are gonna need evidence? There's a dead kid, a 911 phone call, and eye witness accounts. How much more evidence is needed
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Who gives a **** as to who's voice it was? Zimmerman is a deranged racists.

"He can't be racist, he's Mexican!"

that's his peoples excuse.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #38
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

I hope this guy gets raped and shanked in jail
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #39
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I hope this guy gets raped and shanked in jail

I hope someone shoots him cause they think he's an illegal immigrant.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #40
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:
I hope someone shoots him cause they think he's an illegal immigrant.
Yea but he would die quick. They should slowly kill him
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #41
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

avoided this thread because this story makes my blood boil but whatever I'll comment...

Racism is alive and well and the fact that an innocent kid was callously executed in cold blood and the murderer might not get charged shows how flawed the American justice system is, even if one considers it the highest standard a society can reach.

That zimmerman fvcker needs to get what's coming to him...

I cannot imagine how the thoughts that were running to Martin's mind in his last few moments, and I cannot imagine the pain his family must be going through.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #42
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

I still can't believe that accepted that self defense BS.

200 pound man with a gun > 140 pound kid with skittles
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #43
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
No offense rake. But it seems as if your trying to justify this act if violence against this kid. After reading comments? The prosecutors are gonna need evidence? There's a dead kid, a 911 phone call, and eye witness accounts. How much more evidence is needed
Nah none taken. I knew what I was trying to say might be conveyed in that manner. The best I can do is say I'm not trying to justify his actions. Instead, I'm trying to fight my gut reaction (which is to say this guy was nuts and clearly killed the kid for no freaking reason) to try to find out the logical explanation as to why he's not arrested yet. I'm not big on going the "Crooked Conspiracy" route first. Instead, I try to take a step back and discover what is presented to be the true reasoning behind decisions made in this case by a police department.

In truth, I don't see this guy not eventually being arrested. But I don't know enough about the law. Even if, in some crazy strange set of circumstances it did end up being self-defense, can he not be charged for accosting and engaging an innocent, non-suspicious victim, ultimately leading to his death?

Further, and maybe this is me being oblivious and finally seeing the point you've all been trying to make, can someone not be detained on suspicion of murder? Is there not enough weird, strange things about this case to at least make the police say, "You know what? We might want to apprehend this guy and dig a little deeper." Of do they need to dig deeper first before apprehension? Will they need to definitively figure out what happened in that in-between moment before making a move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
I still can't believe that accepted that self defense BS.

200 pound man with a gun > 140 pound kid with skittles
To re-affirm, I don't think it was self-defense. I think that's the kid yelling in the tape and I think Zimmerman shot him for no reason other than to follow through on his own ignorant train of thought. However, to draw a lame conclusion, Zimmerman sounds like a complete wimp. If a dude's 200 pounds but he's a coward, he could get his face beat by any size of 17 year old. So, depending on other facts (there seems to be a ton to support Zimmerman being crazy), using the 200 vs. 140 reasoning wouldn't work at all.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 03-18-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #44
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
To re-affirm, I don't think it was self-defense. I think that's the kid yelling in the tape and I think Zimmerman shot him for no reason other than to follow through on his own ignorant train of thought. However, to draw a lame conclusion, Zimmerman sounds like a complete wimp. If a dude's 200 pounds but he's a coward, he could get his face beat by any size of 17 year old. So, depending on other facts (there seems to be a ton to support Zimmerman being crazy), using the 200 vs. 140 reasoning wouldn't work at all.

Dude had a "gun". Gun > No Gun, No matter how cowardly this guy was, I'm pretty sure some teenager could not fight off a larger opponent with a deadly weapon.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #45
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
Dude had a "gun". Gun > No Gun, No matter how cowardly this guy was, I'm pretty sure some teenager could not fight off a larger opponent with a deadly weapon.
I think we're veering because I don't think this was a case of a 140 pounder bullying a 200 pounder. As I said, my personal feeling is this kid was murdered, wrongfully. I was just speaking in general. In this case, even if the teen fought back when encountered, you're right, the guy with the deadly weapon did "win".

Zimmerman sounds like he's got real-deal issues. Calling 911 47 times on New Year's Eve sounds insane. His audio clip from this event sounds insane; talking about the kid likely being on drugs, hand in his waistband. He follows and chases despite being told not to.

Here's where I'm looking for understanding of law though. What is self-defense? Does one's life have to be at risk in order to shoot in self-defense? As such, could this guy's life possibly been at risk from a guy with no weapons? Further, can someone accost an innocent civilian to the point of creating a physical exchange, then shoot when threatened? Both of those hypotheticals sound ridiculous but lawfully, can a person like Zimmerman hide behind something to that effect?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: