Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #4486
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Someone explain this picture.

calls coming in during a skype session with a witness .. look at the picture on the bottom caller lol
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #4487
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
calls coming in during a skype session with a witness .. look at the picture on the bottom caller lol

You serious? So did he know those people or was he getting trolled lmao. That shit is so random and confusing that it's hard to make sense of.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #4488
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
It's been pretty obvious to me since I learned the facts of this case that Zimmerman is in all likelihood is going to be acquitted of Murder 2. The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman didn't shoot Martin out of self defense. As of now, pretty much all of the evidence is inconclusive, the witnesses have largely been unreliable and the prosecution has been grasping at straws to show that Zimmerman had a violent intent. Is it possible that Zimmerman started the fight and shot Martin for the hell of it? Sure. Is there a reasonable doubt that he didn't? Absolutely.

The media, of course is trying to spin things as though the prosecution is ripping Zimmerman a new one because it boosts their ratings.

It's a very hard case for the prosecutors because they charged him with murder 2 with virtually no evidence to back it up. There's simply not enough evidence to prove beyond any reasonable doubt and the prosecution overreached on the charges like they did with Casey Anthony. They have no evidence Zimmerman chased him and tried to detain him with the intent to harm him and satisfying the dispatcher's request of "He ran? Which way did he run to?" are two very different things. Assuming someone is acting suspicious and following them isn't a crime in Florida, or any other state that I'm aware of. So sure, there was probably some bad judgement here, but nothing Zimmerman did prior to the altercation was illegal per say.

During a bond hearing the prosecutors flat out admitted they have no evidence of who started the fight. Their entire case is very circumstantial and relies heavily on Martin's girlfriend's statement of what she heard over the phone shortly before the confrontation. She offers very little in terms of what was going on at the time, and seems to think she heard, over a cell phone, Zimmerman push Martin down before the phone went dead.

I just don't think they can present enough credible evidence to the jury to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman chased Martin with the intent to harm him and then proceeded to started a physical altercation with him. There simply isn't enough evidence available to do so and inevitably that will lead to doubt among the jury and in the end, an acquittal for Zimmerman.

agreed .. this whole trial has been a sham .. politically motivated .. there's so much reasonable doubt as of right now and the defense hasn't even gotten their case on yet .. almost every freakin prosecution witness has said something to favor zimmerman .. that says it all
Old 07-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #4489
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
You serious? So did he know those people or was he getting trolled lmao. That shit is so random and confusing that it's hard to make sense of.

lol definitely a troll job
Old 07-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #4490
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
So Zimmerman said he didn't know about the laws but got an A in this guys law class and was one of the best students. Then he apparently took another online class where the topic was covered as well. The connection, not that the prosecution is good at highlighting this stuff, is apparently that Zim is an consistent liar because he knows how the law works and is suiting everything to meet the laws as he knows it. Didn't see this one coming - and its the first time I see the prosecution using their wits. But they still have to tie it in good and hard for it to work.

OK, just heard the prosecution made it less ominous than what I said above. They are saying his police ambitions, would be the reason he might be lying to try to initially get a stand your ground case.

The witness confirmed that Z wasn't taught about SYG. As for your point though, so? I got an A in modern physics, but I sure don't remember how to solve a particle in a box problem.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #4491
dude77
NBA lottery pick

so my understanding is they're going to call tm's mom today and that's it ? .. anyone thinks gz should be found guilty of 2nd degree murder based off this prosecution case ?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #4492
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
It's been pretty obvious to me since I learned the facts of this case that Zimmerman is in all likelihood is going to be acquitted of Murder 2. The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman didn't shoot Martin out of self defense.

Zimmerman could be acquittal on Murder 2 and a conviction on Manslaughter, it's considered what they call a lesser, included charge. The difference would be Zimmerman's state of mind.

Also Zimmerman has to meet a standard not just use of force, but a standard of deadly force. And that force has to be reasonable. You kick me in the shin and I punch you, that's probably a reasonable use of force in self-defense.

You kick me in the shin and I jump on top of you and pound away at you for 2 minutes, that is not reasonable use of non-deadly force in self-defense.

You kick me in the shin and I shoot you that is an illegitimate use of deadly force in self-defense.

Zimmerman is by no means out of the woods. I think Murder 2 is unlikely at this point.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #4493
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

You can check Florida laws here.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...0776/0776.html

Since Zimmerman used deadly force, he has to show that deadly force was reasonable at the time he used it. He doesn't get to decide reasonable. That is up to the jury, I believe.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #4494
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

The reason the prosecution wanted to establish the fact that Zimmerman didn't have severe injuries is because they are going to argue that shooting Martin was not a reasonable use of deadly force and that is why I think he should be convicted of manslaughter.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 07-03-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #4495
dude77
NBA lottery pick

yes reasonable force .. if you decide to bash someone's head on concrete and then after doing that, you continue trying to hit them on the head .. that's attempted murder(whether legally accepted as that or not it is) .. if you get shot, that's 'reasonable force' imo
Old 07-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #4496
bladefd
Good college starter

300 pages on this?? WTF
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #4497
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
300 pages on this?? WTF

113 fvcker.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #4498
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
The reason the prosecution wanted to establish the fact that Zimmerman didn't have severe injuries all go to point of reasonable use of deadly force and that is why I think he should be convicted of manslaughter.

he shouldn't be convicted of anything imo .. the purpose of having the right of self defense is to avoid being killed or seriously injured ..

what is the point of requiring that you wait to have your skull bashed in and in a coma before you defend yourself ?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #4499
Raymone
The Chosen King

Reasonable force: one round fired to get your attacker off of you
Unreasonable force: emptying your clip, continuing to shoot after he's off of you and stopped attacking you
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #4500
dude77
NBA lottery pick

not sure if they're going to but what is the purpose of having tm's mother testify ? .. she has no knowledge about what happened that night .. she's not a witness .. and her opinion about his voice is meaningless .. there is absolutely no reason for her to be testifying other than to play on the jury's emotions .. if this is allowed, then we know the judge is blatantly trying to get gz convicted
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: