Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #4591
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
What exactly am I defending myself from? I would probably try to avoid the guy since he might be armed, not punch the guy in the face.

Martin's girlfriend said that he was always fighting, and there was at least one incident in which he was upset that the kid who he had been fighting didn't bleed enough.

Yeah, sounds like a harmless kid. Good riddance.

Dumb post. Martin did not go out looking for a fight. He was high, and went to the store for snacks, while Zimmerman was out trying to be Robocop on a kid wit black skin color because he assumed Martin was up to no good.

Yawl can argue every little thing in this thread, but wat I posted above is the cold hard truth. Racism in America will never end.
branslowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #4592
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
How is Zimmerman's history any better?

Do I really need to post it....
They both have a history of violence, but I'm also taking into account John Good's testimony, which suggests that Martin attacked GZ.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #4593
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski

Dumb post. Martin did not go out looking for a fight. He was high, and went to the store for snacks, while Zimmerman was out trying to be Robocop on a kid wit black skin color because he assumed Martin was up to no good.

Yawl can argue every little thing in this thread, but wat I posted above is the cold hard truth. Racism in America will never end.
I'm sure Martin didn't go out looking for a fight, but he was likely the one who initiated it. What GZ did was wrong in terms of trailing Martin, but you don't respond by punching him in the face.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #4594
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

We don't know exactly what happened, unfortunately Trayvon was shot and killed by Zimmerman so we cant get his side of the story. People seem to believe GZ like he is a saint and wouldn't lie to save himself from life in prison. GZ is a prove liar, I don't believe a word he says.

I believe that Zimmerman tried to detain TM, and obviously he wasn't having it, a scuffle ensued, TM got the upper hand, so GZ shot him.

Its really disturbing to me that ANYONE would defend someone who stalked and killed an innocent kid walking home. I don't get it, someone explain it to me, without using GZs side of the story as your evidence
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #4595
32jazz
National High School Star

Quote:
What exactly am I defending myself from? I would probably try to avoid the guy since he might be armed, not punch the guy in the face.

Martin's girlfriend said that he was always fighting, and there was at least one incident in which he was upset that the kid who he had been fighting didn't bleed enough.

Yeah, sounds like a harmless kid. Good riddance.

Trayvon did run you idiot. Zimmerman was more familiar with this neighborhood & tracked him down when he was told not to follow him.

And Zimmerman was arrested for domestic violence & resisting arrest. What the F does that have to do with a creepy guy chasing a teen in the dark?

I hope you teach your teen sisters, daughters , brothers to submit to some creepy guy chasing them.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #4596
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
We don't know exactly what happened, unfortunately Trayvon was shot and killed by Zimmerman so we cant get his side of the story. People seem to believe GZ like he is a saint and wouldn't lie to save himself from life in prison. GZ is a prove liar, I don't believe a word he says.

I believe that Zimmerman tried to detain TM, and obviously he wasn't having it, a scuffle ensued, TM got the upper hand, so GZ shot him.

Its really disturbing to me that ANYONE would defend someone who stalked and killed an innocent kid walking home. I don't get it, someone explain it to me, without using GZs side of the story as your evidence
Just a tad bit biased, aren't you?

If you want to believe that GZ tried to detain TM, fine. That's your opinion. But I'm just going by what I've watched from the trial and by information that I looked up on the internet. GZ was consistent in all his accounts. When the cops lied and told him that there was video of the entire incident, he was incredibly relieved. Witness John Good suggested that Martin was most likely on top of Zimmerman. The prosecution has looked like crap, but then again, they had little to work with. This case should never have gone to trial, but it did just for political reasons.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #4597
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE

This is the main problem......If prosecution could prove GZ put hands on TM first....then they could get a conviction.

and If GZ did put hands on TM first ...GZ should rot in Jail.

- problem is.....they cant.....and the only evidence we have is that TM is whoopin the dog sh!t outta GZ.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #4598
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
This is the main problem......If prosecution could prove GZ put hands on TM first....then they could get a conviction.

- problem is.....they cant.....and the only evidence we have is that TM is whoopin the dog sh!t outta GZ.

Jantel testified that she heard Trayvon saying "get off get off".
Dictator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #4599
32jazz
National High School Star

Quote:
They both have a history of violence, but I'm also taking into account John Good's testimony, which suggests that Martin attacked GZ.

He suggested that Trayvon was kicking the butt of some fat loser who stalked & tracked him down in a neighborhood he was unfamiliar with. That fat loser knows the neighborhood so I am certain he didn't have to get out & see the street sign. Zimmerman knew those streets from his years off wanna- be- cop patrols.

Good doesn't know who attacked whom. Good only thinks he knows who was getting the better in a scuffle .
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #4600
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Not especially, but you're still incorrect. Beyond "reasonable doubt" is one type of "burden of proof." It's the highest burden of proof. That's why I posted it. And it still applies in this case. Yes, Zimmerman killed Martin and the prosecution has proven that, however, the prosecution still has to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Zimmeman didn't kill Martin in an appropriate use of deadly force in self-defense. Zim's lawyers will use it over and over in their summation.
The legal term "beyond a reasonable doubt" was made popular by Johnny Cocochran in his OJ case. Its a legal term that is applicable when the key elements are not definite (if who, what, when, where and how are answered the burden of proof is alleviated). The burdens of proof still has to be up to par but not under the same level of proof (at the highest level in all situations as you infer). I don't know if any legal system has the resources to go for the highest burden of proof in every situation for the defense.

While I'd admit that Florida has some incredibly stupid legal expenditures they just might be the only ones who go this far. You speak like you are the law.
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #4601
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
Jantel testified that she heard Trayvon saying "get off get off".
My fault.

It wasn't his mother, but I trust Good's testimony moreso than hers.

Last edited by Flash88 : 07-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #4602
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
He suggested that Trayvon was kicking the butt of some fat loser who stalked & tracked him down in a neighborhood he was unfamiliar with. That fat loser knows the neighborhood so I am certain he didn't have to get out & see the street sign. Zimmerman knew those streets from his years off wanna- be- cop patrols.

Good doesn't know who attacked whom. Good only thinks he knows who was getting the better in a scuffle .
It's pretty obvious that you aren't letting any of the accounts or facts dictate your reasoning, but rather your own emotions.

Good job.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #4603
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Quote:
I'm sure Martin didn't go out looking for a fight, but he was likely the one who initiated it. What GZ did was wrong in terms of trailing Martin, but you don't respond by punching him in the face.

I'm sorry, but if I'm going to the store buying some snacks, and just because the color of my skin, some wannabe cop starts to follow me and then approaches me as if he's "the law", ima be pretty pissed too.

Main point. WHY IS GZ FOLLOWING MARTIN?? Did Martin shoot up the store? No. Did Martin go outside and start throwing up gang signs while waving a knife back n forward? No. He was just a black male leaving the store with snacks.

Pulling up Martin's texting history, and the fact that he smokes shouldn't change the obvious that went down.

SELF DEFENSE should be used for those who are minding their business and encounters an angry person approaching them attempting to cause them harm.
branslowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #4604
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

It's all up to the jury on whether they believe Rachel Jeantel's testimony that she heard Trayvon say 'Get off! Get off!'

That's a clear indication that Zimmerman physically engaged Trayvon, a few minutes after complaining about how 'these assholes always get away' and muttering 'f*cking punks' under his breath after he ran after the kid.

Quote:

If you had been paying attention to the testimony this past week from experts/detectives, there is no indication that Trayvon was 'whoopin the dog sh*t outta GZ'. Det. Serino made it clear that Zim's injuries were not at all consistent with the 'attack' he described and called his story 'exaggerated'. The medical examiner said that his injuries were only consistent with ONE strike and ONE impact with a hard surface (concrete). The medical examiner today said that the one injury to Trayvon's hands- a 1/4" abrasion on his left ring finger (offhand) was 'superficial' and didn't even bleed.

The words 'superficial', 'insignificant', 'non life-threatening', 'exaggerated', 'inconsistent' were all used to describe George's injuries.

The man required no real medical attention, had no defensive wounds, and his injuries were only consistent with ONE strike, ONE impact. Trayvon's hands showed no signs of a prolonged struggle/beating either.

Zim's story was ripped to shreds.

What most likely happened was George tried to physically restrain/detain Trayvon who tried to run (trail of evidence leading from T intersection in direction of Brandy Green's townhouse). He decked Zim in the nose once with his left hand in self defense, Zim fell while still holding onto Trayvon and was unable to break his fall and hit the back of his head on the sidewalk or one of the cement dog disposal things. The rest of the struggle was a wrestling match with Trayvon initially on top, but George having the weight and training advantage reversed it, pulled his gun, and fired a bullet into the kid's chest.

That nonsense about a 158-lb kid 'MMA grounding and pounding' a 204-lb MMA-experienced grown man while he laid there screaming and didn't even attempt to defend himself was destroyed in court this week.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #4605
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
I'm sorry, but if I'm going to the store buying some snacks, and just because the color of my skin, some wannabe cop starts to follow me and then approaches me as if he's "the law", ima be pretty pissed too.

Main point. WHY IS GZ FOLLOWING MARTIN?? Did Martin shoot up the store? No. Did Martin go outside and start throwing up gang signs while waving a knife back n forward? No. He was just a black male leaving the store with snacks.

Pulling up Martin's texting history, and the fact that he smokes shouldn't change the obvious that went down.

SELF DEFENSE should be used for those who are minding their business and encounters an angry person approaching them attempting to cause them harm.
Glad to see that you're the ultimate authority on how self defense should be defined.

If some creepy guy was trailing me as I'm walking back to my home, I would either try to avoid him and if I run into him again as Martin did, I would question him in a hostile manner what he was doing. You know what I wouldn't do? Punch him in the face. Because I, unlike Martin, do not have a lengthy history of fighting. I wouldn't say something about being upset because some kid I just fought didn't bleed enough. A normal, harmless person doesn't say **** like that.

Some of you are going to be awfully disappointed when GZ walks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: