Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #4591
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
So if a creepy dude stalks you, and he's obviously not a cop, you aren't gonna defend yourself and confront him??? Martin was no thug either, getting suspended from school and smoking weed doesn't make you a "thug" or else I'm the lamest thug ever...
What exactly am I defending myself from? I would probably try to avoid the guy since he might be armed, not punch the guy in the face.

Martin's girlfriend said that he was always fighting, and there was at least one incident in which he was upset that the kid who he had been fighting didn't bleed enough.

Yeah, sounds like a harmless kid. Good riddance.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #4592
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
No it wasn't...

- yes it was...the mojority of the Riots was from Mezzicans...

- the First day was about Civil Rights....after that...is was on like donkey kong.....swap meet specials everywhere...
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #4593
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
What exactly am I defending myself from? I would probably try to avoid the guy since he might be armed, not punch the guy in the face.

Martin's girlfriend said that he was always fighting, and there was at least one incident in which he was upset that the kid who he had been fighting didn't bleed enough.

How is Zimmerman's history any better?

Do I really need to post it....
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #4594
Flash88

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...nraveling.html

Quote:
Taking their cue from the Martin family's attorneys, Reuters ran the first national article on the shooting ten days after it happened. Zimmerman was a "loose cannon." He profiled Martin, stalked him, and shot him, disregarding police instructions. Martin, by contrast, was a "good kid." He had hoped to be a pilot. He was simply bringing the soon-to-be iconic iced tea and Skittles home to his "little brother."

This story was pure fable from the beginning, and the attorneys knew it. Even before going public, they moved to seal Martin's school records, and with good reason. Consider this exchange between Martin and a female friend on November 21, three months before his death. After he told her he was "tired and sore" from a fight, she asked him why he fought. "Bae" is shorthand for "babe."

MARTIN: Cause man dat ***** snitched on me

FRIEND: Bae y you always fightinqq man, you got suspended?

MARTIN: Naw we thumped afta skool in a duckd off spot

FRIEND: Ohh, Well Damee

MARTIN: I lost da 1st round but won da 2nd nd 3rd . . . .

FRIEND: Ohhh So It Wass 3 Rounds? Damn well at least yu wonn lol but yuu needa stop fighting bae Forreal

MARTIN: Nay im not done with fool..... he gone hav 2 see me again

FRIEND: Nooo... Stop, yuu waint gonn bee satisified till yuh suspended again, huh?

MARTIN: Naw but he aint breed nuff 4 me, only his nose

... A day later, he would tell a friend that his opponent "got mo hits cause in da 1st round he had me on da ground nd I couldn't do ntn." As his girlfriend complained, Martin was "always" fighting. He was also something of a sadist. His opponent, after all, did not bleed enough...
I'm usually Mr. Liberal, but it's pretty clear that Martin was a violent individual, who most likely punched GZ in the face and started the whole fracas. This case shouldn't have even gone to trial -- the prosecution has been terrible thus far.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #4595
dude77
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
Wasn't Zimmerman on antidepressants at the time?

I don't know .. if he was .. put it all out there .. tm being high at the time is extremely relevant .. especially when the me just said it may have affected his behavior(in his opinion) .. the fact that this judge is not allowing that to be entered is very alarming
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #4596
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
I've been suspended from school and I've smoked weed but have never been arrested in my life.

Thug life, yo!!!

Well if you are ever walking home from the store at 7 PM, minding your own business and some grown weirdo with a history of violence and child molestation playing cops and robbers chases you through the neighborhood and shoots you in the heart, we'll know who to blame.

You no good thug you

Last edited by DonDadda59 : 07-05-2013 at 02:53 PM.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #4597
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

Quote:

Dumb post. Martin did not go out looking for a fight. He was high, and went to the store for snacks, while Zimmerman was out trying to be Robocop on a kid wit black skin color because he assumed Martin was up to no good.

Yawl can argue every little thing in this thread, but wat I posted above is the cold hard truth. Racism in America will never end.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #4598
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
How is Zimmerman's history any better?

Do I really need to post it....
They both have a history of violence, but I'm also taking into account John Good's testimony, which suggests that Martin attacked GZ.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #4599
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski

Dumb post. Martin did not go out looking for a fight. He was high, and went to the store for snacks, while Zimmerman was out trying to be Robocop on a kid wit black skin color because he assumed Martin was up to no good.

Yawl can argue every little thing in this thread, but wat I posted above is the cold hard truth. Racism in America will never end.
I'm sure Martin didn't go out looking for a fight, but he was likely the one who initiated it. What GZ did was wrong in terms of trailing Martin, but you don't respond by punching him in the face.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #4600
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

We don't know exactly what happened, unfortunately Trayvon was shot and killed by Zimmerman so we cant get his side of the story. People seem to believe GZ like he is a saint and wouldn't lie to save himself from life in prison. GZ is a prove liar, I don't believe a word he says.

I believe that Zimmerman tried to detain TM, and obviously he wasn't having it, a scuffle ensued, TM got the upper hand, so GZ shot him.

Its really disturbing to me that ANYONE would defend someone who stalked and killed an innocent kid walking home. I don't get it, someone explain it to me, without using GZs side of the story as your evidence
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #4601
32jazz
Local High School Star

Quote:

Trayvon did run you idiot. Zimmerman was more familiar with this neighborhood & tracked him down when he was told not to follow him.

And Zimmerman was arrested for domestic violence & resisting arrest. What the F does that have to do with a creepy guy chasing a teen in the dark?

I hope you teach your teen sisters, daughters , brothers to submit to some creepy guy chasing them.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #4602
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
We don't know exactly what happened, unfortunately Trayvon was shot and killed by Zimmerman so we cant get his side of the story. People seem to believe GZ like he is a saint and wouldn't lie to save himself from life in prison. GZ is a prove liar, I don't believe a word he says.

I believe that Zimmerman tried to detain TM, and obviously he wasn't having it, a scuffle ensued, TM got the upper hand, so GZ shot him.

Its really disturbing to me that ANYONE would defend someone who stalked and killed an innocent kid walking home. I don't get it, someone explain it to me, without using GZs side of the story as your evidence
Just a tad bit biased, aren't you?

If you want to believe that GZ tried to detain TM, fine. That's your opinion. But I'm just going by what I've watched from the trial and by information that I looked up on the internet. GZ was consistent in all his accounts. When the cops lied and told him that there was video of the entire incident, he was incredibly relieved. Witness John Good suggested that Martin was most likely on top of Zimmerman. The prosecution has looked like crap, but then again, they had little to work with. This case should never have gone to trial, but it did just for political reasons.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #4603
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE

This is the main problem......If prosecution could prove GZ put hands on TM first....then they could get a conviction.

and If GZ did put hands on TM first ...GZ should rot in Jail.

- problem is.....they cant.....and the only evidence we have is that TM is whoopin the dog sh!t outta GZ.
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #4604
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
This is the main problem......If prosecution could prove GZ put hands on TM first....then they could get a conviction.

and If GZ did put hands on TM first ...GZ should rot in Jail.

- problem is.....they cant.....and the only evidence we have is that TM is whoopin the dog sh!t outta GZ.

Jantel testified that she heard Trayvon saying "get off get off".
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #4605
32jazz
Local High School Star

Quote:
They both have a history of violence, but I'm also taking into account John Good's testimony, which suggests that Martin attacked GZ.

He suggested that Trayvon was kicking the butt of some fat loser who stalked & tracked him down in a neighborhood he was unfamiliar with. That fat loser knows the neighborhood so I am certain he didn't have to get out & see the street sign. Zimmerman knew those streets from his years off wanna- be- cop patrols.

Good doesn't know who attacked whom. Good only thinks he knows who was getting the better in a scuffle .
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: