Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #5191
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
ah the delusion within the black community, it's glorious.
I'm black? I thought I was Latino (Mexican-American)
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #5192
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Answer please

To top Deraj's speculation...you are going to tell me there has never been a time, while playing sports (if you have ever played), where you twisted an ankle or something and thought it was serious at that point, hobbled to the bench wanting to see a doctor thinking it was going to really cause you issues.

Only, to feel 20 minutes later, that it was just a mild sprain?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #5193
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
To top Deraj's speculation...you are going to tell me there has never been a time, while playing sports (if you have ever played), where you twisted an ankle or something and thought it was serious at that point, hobbled to the bench wanting to see a doctor thinking it was going to really cause you issues.

Only, to feel 20 minutes later, that it was just a mild sprain?
Yeah, and it turns out it WAS a mild sprain...GZ knew ge wasn't seriously hurt and like a pvssy, he took out a gun when he was getting a good old fashion beating (that he looked for).

Good to see that a real punk like him has so much support here

Me, I handle my shit, don't need a gun.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #5194
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Yeah, and it turns out it WAS a mild sprain...GZ knew ge wasn't seriously hurt and like a pvssy, he took out a gun when he was getting a good old fashion beating (that he looked for).

Good to see that a real punk like him has so much support here

Me, I handle my shit, don't need a gun.

Yet, at the point, you thought it was nothing serious.

Why am I trying to be serious with someone who has shown the obvious lack of capability to do so himself.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #5195
dude77
NBA lottery pick

so apparently that last lady who testified said one of the perps was still loose that night ?(he was under 18 by the way .. yes he was a 'teenage boy' knowledge you stupid f a ggt .. so gz was even more justified in tracking tm
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #5196
dude77
NBA lottery pick

is it true the judge was pushing gz to testify ? this pos **** needs to be brought up on charges .. what a fkn disgrace to the court
Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #5197
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Yet, at the point, you thought it was nothing serious.

Why am I trying to be serious with someone who has shown the obvious lack of capability to do so himself.
Have you ever been in a fight where you get a nice beating? I have. I'm talking about years ago when I was a teen and into my 20s. I've settled down now, have a wife and two kids but there was a time I was a rowdy young man (must be the Aztec warrior in me). I've never comitted a serious crime but I've gotten into fights where I handled and got handled. It never occured to me to pull out a weapon. Took my lumps like a man and you guys here are looking like a bunch of bitchmade punks sticking up for a grown ass man who went looking for a fight and got one from a teen (lol) and instead of being a man, he cowardly shoots and kills him

Last edited by TheMan : 07-10-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #5198
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Have you ever been in a fight where you get a nice beating? I have. I'm talking about years ago when I was a teen and into my 20s. I've settled down now, have a wife and two kids but there was a time I was a rowdy young man. I've never comitted a serious crime but I've gotten into fights where I handled and got handled. It never occured to me to pull out a weapon. Took my lumps like a man and you guys here are looking like a bunch of bitchmade punks sticking up for a grown ass man who went looking for a fight and got one from a teen (lol) and instead of being a man, he cowardly shoots and kills him

Can't grasp a simple point and going off on tangents
Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #5199
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Well the kid died, so it wouldn't just be assault. It would be manslaughter.

Hearing the lessers being included right now
  • Manslaughter
  • Aggravated Assault
  • Discharge of a deadly weapon resulting in a death (something like that)

So I do believe assault is a possible conviction whether or not the victim has died.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #5200
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Can't grasp a simple point and going off on tangents
Simple point and it all boils down to this...if you're gonna be a douchebag like GZ and stalk people and get out of your car and follow them, guess what? You might have a confrontation in your hands! Simple, try being Batman and you might get in trouble. There's a reason his NW says don't confront suspects, even cops say that. Call the cops and stay in your gaddam car. If he did that, none of this happens and GZ is still out on patrol beig an overzealous prick and TM is making tweets about how hard he is.

Don't put yourself in position where you provoke someone to act like GZ did to TM (especially when GZ wasn't wearing anything that identified him nor did he identify himself as a Neighborhood Watch vol)...is that so hard to grasp

Last edited by TheMan : 07-10-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #5201
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Simple point and it all boils down to this...if you're gonna be a douchebag like GZ and stalk people and get out of your car and follow them, guess what? You might have a confrontation in your hands! Simple, try being Batman and you might get in trouble. There's a reason his NW says don't confront suspects, even cops say that. Call the cops and stay in your gaddam car. If he did that, none of this happens and GZ is still out on patrol beig an overzealous prick and TM is making tweets about how hard he is.

Don't put yourself in position where you provoke someone to act like GZ did to TM...is that so hard to grasp

Keeping an eye on someone, in an area where numerous break ins have been reported, = stalking now? I guess the Circle K clerks who jump the counter because they suspect someone of doing a Beer Run = stalking as well. They are also told to let Beer Runs go.

And one can easily flip your last line around as well.

"When a creepy ass cracka is following you, and you get away, are only 3 houses away, run home. If you don't want them to know where you live, bang on a random houses door to get the attention of a neighbor, or hang up on your Precious and call the cops yourself. Don't go looking to confront the person due to your ego."

Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #5202
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
  • Manslaughter
  • Aggravated Assault

So I do believe assault is a possible conviction whether or not the victim has died.

ridiculous .. how is the state allowed to do that ? .. basically they're allowed to 'make adjustments' in order to give themselves another shot at a conviction after their own case fails .. either way, he's guilty of nothing, except being persecuted in the media .. he should walk
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #5203
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
  • Manslaughter
  • Aggravated Assault

They won't get murder 2 but they'll nail him for something. He ain't skipping jail. The jury knows everyone's watching and you can't kill an unarmed teen and not serve jail time
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #5204
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
  • Manslaughter
  • Aggravated Assault

Manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter or nothing should be the end game.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
ridiculous .. how is the state allowed to do that ? .. basically they're allowed to change things up in order to give themselves another shot at a conviction after their own case fails .. either way, he's guilty of nothing, except being persecuted in the media .. he should walk

As ridiculous as it may seem, it is routine. Even in the Jodi Arias case, I believe Juan Martinez, also filed charges for B&E, even though it was clear that Jodi was going down for the Murder

Quote:
They won't get murder 2 but they'll nail him for something. He ain't skipping jail. The jury knows everyone's watching and you can't kill an unarmed teen and not serve jail time

But you can kill a toddler and get away with it?

Last edited by qrich : 07-10-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #5205
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Keeping an eye on someone, in an area where numerous break ins have been reported, = stalking now? I guess the Circle K clerks who jump the counter because they suspect someone of doing a Beer Run = stalking as well. They are also told to let Beer Runs go.

And one can easily flip your last line around as well.

"When a creepy ass cracka is following you, and you get away, are only 3 houses away, run home. If you don't want them to know where you live, bang on a random houses door to get the attention of a neighbor, or hang up on your Precious and call the cops yourself. Don't go looking to confront the person due to your ego."

I agree with you, Trayvon made mistakes that night that ultimately cost him his life but Z also made mistakes and he has to pay a price, too. How the fukk are you going to kill someone who wasn't doing anything illegal and was unarmed and NOT do any jail time???

Murder was a reach, manslaughter at the very least.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: