Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #5191
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
moral wrongs are not always legal wrongs. sad but true. from what i've heard it seems like the state didn't meet its burden and Zimmerman should go free. Things like this usually have a way of working out. If I ever see Zimmerman I'll punch him in the face.

Bro I live 1hr away from Sanford...I work at a Walmart here in Clermont Florida, there is a shit load of ppl (mostly black) talking about "if they set GZ free, I'm gonna hunt him down myself"....Including this old school country coworker of mines. N!ggas gearin up...

Oh and no shock a liar who can't keep his story straight won't testify..
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #5192
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
Bro I live 1hr away from Sanford...I work at a Walmart here in Clermont Florida, there is a shit load of ppl (mostly black) talking about "if they set GZ free, I'm gonna hunt him down myself"....Including this old school country coworker of mines. N!ggas gearin up...

I wouldn't hurt the guy but if we were in 7 eleven I would just walk up to him and punch him in the fact outta no where. I'd gladly take any consequences that came with it. I hope no one kills him, but I wouldn't be surprised. He should go into hiding for a bit.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #5193
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

They want that $10,000 bounty that the media, president nor law enforcement has any problem with.

And a lot of defense attorneys refuse to put their client on the stand, in any situation.

Quote:
I wouldn't hurt the guy but if we were in 7 eleven I would just walk up to him and punch him in the fact outta no where. I'd gladly take any consequences that came with it. I hope no one kills him, but I wouldn't be surprised. He should go into hiding for a bit.

RIP IGOTGAME?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #5194
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

RIP IGOTGAME?

omg, that would be such a horrible way to go. Shot by a fat ugly weirdo.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #5195
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Quote:

I feel you.

But since I'm black...All I would have to do is walk pass him at night on my journey to 7/11 for munchy food...Because I know he would follow me (no big deal), I also know even though he's a sweet teddy bear he would have a gun on him for no reason other than "protecting the hood"....And as I'm minding my business, he will follow me, tell me to stop and then grab me because he has that right( ). So I will then see a stranger that is stalking me, fear for my life and hit him....then I'd probably get shot and he'll claim self defense even though I was defending myself.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #5196
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

Its much better to have a guilty person walk than to put an innocent person behind bars, which is why you're innocent until proven to be guilty beyond a doubt, which is why the burden of proof is on the prosecution and why all you need is reasonable doubt for an acquittal. That's how America's justice system works. Thankfully we dont have vigilante justice and lynch mobs.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #5197
Raymone
The Chosen King

Quote:
And as I'm minding my business, he will follow me, tell me to stop and then grab me

Cool fiction bro.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #5198
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Its much better to have a guilty person walk than to put an innocent person behind bars, which is why you're innocent until proven to be guilty beyond a doubt, which is why the burden of proof is on the prosecution and why all you need is reasonable doubt for an acquittal. That's how America's justice system works. Thankfully we dont have vigilante justice and lynch mobs.

It depends on what said person is guilty of.

I'd say its equal when a pedophile gets off to an innocent person spending 5 years behind bars.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #5199
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I feel you.

But since I'm black...All I would have to do is walk pass him at night on my journey to 7/11 for munchy food...Because I know he would follow me (no big deal), I also know even though he's a sweet teddy bear he would have a gun on him for no reason other than "protecting the hood"....And as I'm minding my business, he will follow me, tell me to stop and then grab me because he has that right( ). So I will then see a stranger that is stalking me, fear for my life and hit him....then I'd probably get shot and he'll claim self defense even though I was defending myself.

its actually seems like a really easy way to kill someone.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 07-10-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #5200
tpols
we already won

Quote:
moral wrongs are not always legal wrongs. sad but true. from what i've heard it seems like the state didn't meet its burden and Zimmerman should go free. Things like this usually have a way of working out. If I ever see Zimmerman I'll punch him in the face.
Yea and he'll shoot you in the chest.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #5201
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
ridiculous .. how is the state allowed to do that ? .. basically they're allowed to 'make adjustments' in order to give themselves another shot at a conviction after their own case fails .. either way, he's guilty of nothing, except being persecuted in the media .. he should walk

You act like this is something new? Have you not been reading this thread?
Lesser included charges are a long standing legal tradition.

If you lay hands on someone that crime is battery. If you lay hands someone with the intention of killing them and you choke them to death, that is murder 1. Between murder 1 and simple battery, is a pretty wide range. That is why you have murder 2, manslaughter, etc.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #5202
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

You know wat? I think I'm going to be a serial killing rapist for now on, because of the benefits, peep game:

I can see a bad b!tch walking byherself...I could then stalk/follow her, hunt her down, yell at her to stop, then grab her and just hope she sprays me with pepper spray, so that I could then rape and Kill her and claim self defense and walk off scott free!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #5203
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Yea and he'll shoot you in the chest.

Best case scenario a punch from a 6"5 230 pound dude knocks him down or out and he would have to shot me in the back.

Otherwise he would go to jail assuming no one saw it. If that was me instead of Trayvon he would have pleaded out to manslaughter. Wouldn't help me b/c Id be dead though.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #5204
Raymone
The Chosen King

Black people mad as hell and it ain't even Friday yet.

Wait for this acquittal.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #5205
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
Black people mad as hell and it ain't even Friday yet.

Wait for this acquittal.

I ain't even mad though...Cause now I know I can murk my enemy and get away with it...The GZ law baby!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: